Beyblade Random Thoughts

Wow, all this while, I thought Duo was epic against Attackers, even if it was on D/WD. Chocked_2
But looking at our Testing Standards, we test-
Attackers against Defenders (and vice versa) to determine if something is a good Attacker/Defender or not.
This is clearly against the type matchup(if determining Attack).
Look at Lightning again. When Basalt prevailed, we looked to take down a Defense combo by using Attack, and not Stamina(there might be a specific reason for that, but we continue to follow that tradition even now, where I do not see any solid reason to do so). That has become the tradition now. Excluding a few wise members, many opt for Attackers against Defense...

We follow a similar tradition for Stamina types. We test them against Attackers at times. The best Stamina type is the one, which is able to withstand hits from these Attackers.
I think this is the reason which gives rise to the misconception(in which even I believe)- Better Stamina types are the ones which are relatively tougher to KO than others. We probably forget that whichever Stamina type it be, it will be easy to KO.

And again, owing to the striking similarities between Defense and Stamina, I seem to confuse them at times... Tongue_out
I blame Defense/Stamina hybrids for this. They confuse me quite a lot...
Things are much easier to understand if you consider the types as Aggressive and Passive.
Defense and Stamina are mainly passive, aiming to win by outspin, whereas Attack's win condition is knocking the opponent out of the stadium (though this is much blurrier in plastics).

Then, we want to consider their aims:
Attack aims to KO, so we test it against the hardest things to KO (Defense).

Stamina aims to outlast, so we test it against the things most likely to outlast it: Other Stamina Types.

Defense/Stamina hybrids aim to survive most hits, and be able to outspin other defense combinations. We actually see these more than pure defense (though RDF might change that, because defense and stamina are both two sides of the same coin, it still has a measure of stamina). The most efficient ones are able to cover a broader spectrum than pure defense or pure stamina.

So, we don't test Stamina against Attack, because surviving attacks is not the aim of stamina, outlasting everything is the aim of stamina.

Basically, we test things that are most likely to prevent types doing what they aim, not those that beat them 100% of the time.
genneraly, what type have more chance to win a battle?

(SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH)
(Jan. 31, 2012  5:18 PM)ngfblader Wrote: genneraly, what type have more chance to win a battle?

(SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH)

Don't apologize for the bad English, apologize for not reading or thinking.

Each type counters other types, and the chance of winning depends on the opponent, how skilled each blader is, how good each combination is against the other, and a whole host of otherrandom variables. There is no best type, at least, never for very long.
@th!nk- Hm, I get it now...
But I did see certain Stamina Vs. Attack tests. Confused
But still, that was an amazingly helpful explanation as to why we test certain things against there type match ups. Smile
As for Defense/Stamina hybrids; they are actually Defense beys, having Stamina as an "added effect" and not vice-versa, right?
They are 80% Defense, 20% Stamina.
Looks like I thought that the opposite was also possible(80% Stamina, 20% Defense). This is why I thought that Duo Stamina/Defense hybrids were actually Stamina types with extremely high Defense.
But seems like, it was exactly the opposite. Grin

Mystery Solved
The rules are not set in stone, as beyblades usually aren't a single type, but percentages of each, so alternate testing can be useful.

Defense/Stamina is too broad a range. The two are just different ends of the same spectrum, things just sit on different levels between them. At one end sits Combinations with RS/RSF, the other sit Combinations with WD, SD, PD, and so on (practically, MS, S and so on may sit at the other end, as pure stamina implies not being hit at all, which is basically solo spin. RF might sit at the farthest end of defense, too...). Anything not sitting close enough to either end is defense/stamina, and I can't put a number on where they sit. It depends on each individual combination, Scythe Kronos BD145EDS could very easily be considered Defense/Stamina, in the same group as MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS, whereas obviously both are very different. Heck, even Scythe BD145RS has some stamina to it (enough to outspin MF-F Phantom Cancer AD145RF, which MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS struggles to do).

Where we draw the line really depends on each person's view of each combination, it would take a lot of effort to standardize, and doing so really does nothing to actually help anything, so there's really no need to bother, or at least, it belongs extremely low on our list of priorities.
Hm. I've been looking for this...Omega testing. Looks like I am the only one brave enough to do so? XD

I'll do testing once I get it. I might keep two of them: One for collection, and one for battling with.
Any Bladers in Northern California that will host a Tournament?
(Feb. 01, 2012  1:33 AM)Rayperseus1 Wrote: Any Bladers in Northern California that will host a Tournament?

this doesnt really belong here try asking ur question in our California Bladers Thread

WA130 is awesome for 2 reasons:

1) It is called "Wing Attacker", 'nuff said

2) 130 is divisable by XIII
(Jan. 31, 2012  5:36 PM)th!nk Wrote: The rules are not set in stone, as beyblades usually aren't a single type, but percentages of each, so alternate testing can be useful.

Defense/Stamina is too broad a range. The two are just different ends of the same spectrum, things just sit on different levels between them. At one end sits Combinations with RS/RSF, the other sit Combinations with WD, SD, PD, and so on (practically, MS, S and so on may sit at the other end, as pure stamina implies not being hit at all, which is basically solo spin. RF might sit at the farthest end of defense, too...). Anything not sitting close enough to either end is defense/stamina, and I can't put a number on where they sit. It depends on each individual combination, Scythe Kronos BD145EDS could very easily be considered Defense/Stamina, in the same group as MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS, whereas obviously both are very different. Heck, even Scythe BD145RS has some stamina to it (enough to outspin MF-F Phantom Cancer AD145RF, which MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS struggles to do).

Where we draw the line really depends on each person's view of each combination, it would take a lot of effort to standardize, and doing so really does nothing to actually help anything, so there's really no need to bother, or at least, it belongs extremely low on our list of priorities.

If I am allowed to continue this discussion-
Thanks. Seriously, thanks a lot for that explanation.
@Bolded part- Heck, this is simply what's being confusing me. Yes, it is low on our priority list, but looks like I didn't know that; and simply took this too seriously.... Wink
I've been thinking about Phantom Cancer, and the thought that pops into my head is a Phantom/ghostly crab. I keep laughing every time I think about it.

Ryu- That is quite weird, but not completely. People have usually talked of such funny-sounding names, and yours is no exception!
I always keep on thinking- Why didn't TT name Gravity Destroyer as Phantom _____ (something-something)?
The Hasbro one, which has shiny paint, clearly looks likes a Phantom-ish bey.
Come on, Phantom Orion doesn't look Phantom-ish at all. Serious

But yes, I know that TT usually does not name a bey based on its looks... But still, a Random Thought.
Looks like the SonoKong Diablo and Fusion are out:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beyblade-Metal-F...41621cf0d1

I was waiting for these to make their way onto eBay Smile
If you have noticed the plastic part of the big bang wheel is shaped like a storm wheel not the clear wheel
(Feb. 04, 2012  6:00 AM)Primal Wrote: Looks like the SonoKong Diablo and Fusion are out:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beyblade-Metal-F...41621cf0d1

I was waiting for these to make their way onto eBay Smile

Well, I certainly wasn't expecting those to come out so quickly... seems odd that they would skip the BB-121 Ultimate DX Set, unless that also slipped out unnoticed..?
(Feb. 04, 2012  5:03 PM)Hazel Wrote: Well, I certainly wasn't expecting those to come out so quickly... seems odd that they would skip the BB-121 Ultimate DX Set, unless that also slipped out unnoticed..?
Haven't seen any of them on eBay, but I remember Kai-V mentioning it one time... IIRC, she said it was released with the Super Control Stadium.
She did mention that, but they also released an actual Sonokong Ultimate DX Set without the stadium.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beyblade-4D-Ulti...23195c0f89
Oh, they did? I must've thought that was a TT set.
It was Uwik who mentioned the set with the Super Control BeyStadium.
(Feb. 04, 2012  5:38 PM)Byser Wrote: She did mention that, but they also released an actual Sonokong Ultimate DX Set without the stadium.

Aha, neat! Twenty or so bucks off getting a BB-121... maybe I will go for it after all, now... eventually.
(Feb. 04, 2012  5:58 PM)Kai-V Wrote: It was Uwik who mentioned the set with the Super Control BeyStadium.

Yes, it was me. This one was the one I meant

[Image: 0bb0cbf3.jpg]
OMG, I can't even imagine what that retails for, what, like US$130?
(Feb. 04, 2012  6:14 PM)Hazel Wrote:
(Feb. 04, 2012  5:38 PM)Byser Wrote: She did mention that, but they also released an actual Sonokong Ultimate DX Set without the stadium.

Aha, neat! Twenty or so bucks off getting a BB-121... maybe I will go for it after all, now... eventually.

I'm surprised you weren't already swayed by the fact Duo is a wheel which ticks most of your boxes? At least, those that I was aware of.

Just tried Th!nk's new custom with Galzzly SAR and Dragon Breaker..

It is absolutely amazing my friends. If you do not score a KO with that AR set up and a decent attack BB, I will give you my entire collection!