Beyblade Random Thoughts

Oh, in the post where we were discussing about the pic of the new beys facebolt Kai-V showed us, here http://ameblo.jp/piyoko74841019/image-11...42336.html I think its some kind of dragon or pheonix
i looked closely, and it seemed like there were wings on either side, and in the middle, the swirl sticking out in between the wings was the head
Either way, this is just my speculation
Um, I own the magazine. What you look at may actually be part of a wheel, as I saw a VERY dark face next to it on the left :s

Then again, that image was messed with to build suspense, so IDK
I'd still rather have a retracting beylauncher for plastics than any long (illegal) ripcord.

Was kinda hoping hasbro would make one for their light up tops that use the old launcher prongs from plastics. A guy can dream. Had another ripcord break yesterday Uncertain
You know, we had those overly long ripcords all over the place back in the heyday of plastics. Tons of them, in fact. Of course they were all fake. Tried one on my Dragoon-F's launcher on a whim, just to see what'd happen. Good gods, how the thing grinded! Didn't even launch it properly. Just goes to show you; never mix authentic parts with counterfeit!
Ooh!! I had these rip cords!!! Grin
They were supposed to belong to fake duotron launchers...
And as Lucky-kun said, they used to grind a lot.
I hope that MFB doesn't end with Flash Saggitario. We were so close to beating the item release count of the original series.
THEY DIDN'T EVEN RELEASE A METAL CHANGE TIP!

It ain't beyblade without some sweet metal change lurrrrve.
CS is kinda the MFB equivalent. I hope they make one for the Zero G series. TBH though with how heavy MFB are I don't think it would have done as well as it did in plastics and HMS.
(Jan. 30, 2012  9:56 PM)th!nk Wrote: THEY DIDN'T EVEN RELEASE A METAL CHANGE TIP!

OR ZOMBIES, COMPACTS OR TIGER DEFENSER/ WAR LION MFB VERSION!
I find it pretty stupid that we are announcing Zero-G with Variares and Blitz ruling attack and
Duo the king of Stamina AND defense.
And a lot of options that were good, but didn't really live up to these three.
AND ONLY 1 BEARING PART WHAA?
MFB could have achieved much more.
It isn't fun when you have to slap a black/orange/white plastic disk on everything for defense.
Duo doesn't rule stamina... Phantom and Duo are about equal. No one in the UK tourneys even has Duo.
Oh Yeah! Well there is nobody who even owns a Bey where i live! Unhappy
I wish there was
(Jan. 30, 2012  10:14 PM)sum 472 Wrote:
(Jan. 30, 2012  9:56 PM)th!nk Wrote: THEY DIDN'T EVEN RELEASE A METAL CHANGE TIP!

OR ZOMBIES, COMPACTS OR TIGER DEFENSER/ WAR LION MFB VERSION!
I find it pretty stupid that we are announcing Zero-G with Variares and Blitz ruling attack and
Duo the king of Stamina AND defense.
And a lot of options that were good, but didn't really live up to these three.
AND ONLY 1 BEARING PART WHAA?
MFB could have achieved much more.
It isn't fun when you have to slap a black/orange/white plastic disk on everything for defense.
so does this mean MFB was a bust? cause im now confused....

Just read around, look at the people drifting away from the site... It's a good game, but it isn't up to the standard of plastics due to lack of variety, or HMS due to lack of being the best system ever despite limited releases (others might have a more specific reason there).

I mean, they are more durable which is nice, but the huge weight difference between old and new releases (unlike plastics and HMS where a lot of early beys are still awesome) severely limits the game. There's already a thread for this kind of discussion.

But yeah, mfb is probably the dullest series of beyblade, though it is still better than a lot of things.
(Jan. 30, 2012  11:11 PM)th!nk Wrote: Just read around, look at the people drifting away from the site... It's a good game, but it isn't up to the standard of plastics due to lack of variety, or HMS due to lack of being the best system ever despite limited releases (others might have a more specific reason there).

I mean, they are more durable which is nice, but the huge weight difference between old and new releases (unlike plastics and HMS where a lot of early beys are still awesome) severely limits the game. There's already a thread for this kind of discussion.

But yeah, mfb is probably the dullest series of beyblade, though it is still better than a lot of things.

so lemme get this straight MFB is all in vain? I think its good i mean it DID revive beyblade after all
And apparently it was successful enough to remain strong for a fourth season or new series to come right after it ...
My son love MFB even though we don't speak Japanese and can't understand all of it. And I find it rather enjoyable, and I'm not one of those adults who regularly watches cartoons. Think some people are just being way too negative or elitist that the original is the only way...
I LOVE MFB cause of it I know and love constellations >w< also it got me here in the wbo
(Jan. 30, 2012  10:24 PM)Ultra Wrote: Duo doesn't rule stamina... Phantom and Duo are about equal. No one in the UK tourneys even has Duo.

I'm not sure if that is true. Duo is generally better, I think, but there's too many weight variables between the two Wheels that can have such a drastic effect on the outcome of the results to make any definitive conclusions. We need more data.

Yeah i thought that was the case.There is very little testing between the two in the Duo testing thread which annoys me.
Duo is hard to get, and it all comes down to weight so a lot of people have given up testing it. Despite the fact I have a heavy phantom, I'd still probably use Duo over it for stamina, as it is a much safer choice. That said, I generally don't use stamina, just defense combo's with better stamina than other defense combo's, because I'm uneasy having an instant lose to so many random combos.
So in that case, we may say that the only reason(s) to consider Phantom >/= Duo are-
1. Availability.
2. Drastic weight differences in 4D beys.

Otherwise, Duo is a much safer choice, thanks to the considerably lower recoil in comparison. Smile

And as we are talking of MFB atm, I really love MFB more than any other season. Yes, if HMS would have lasted a bit longer, it would have been at the top of my list.
Too many parts; interesting customizations; some beautiful looking beys; and most importantly, the season in which I most actively participated. Smile

If I would have gotten a chance to be a part of the plastics era when I actually had plastic beys, it would have been SO wonderful. Joyful_2
Yes, plastics have been resurrected now. But of course, there is a difference between getting to watch it live, instead of viewing recorded versions of it.

MFB might be the worst series of beyblade. Even I see plastics and HMS beys as the "better ones". But only if I had been a part of that metagame, I would have praised it more... You see, there's no point in me praising a series about which I know so less. On the other hand, I have witnessed MFB beys rise and fall in front of my eyes . I've acquired quite a bit of knowledge about it. And hence, as its the series about which I know the most, MFB is the best for me.
But owing to my curiosity, should I gain more knowledge about plastics/HMS(which I most probably will, thanks to you all), and should I get my Dragoon V2; MFB is out of the picture.
Not really that much safer, though, and stamina in general is an "unsafe" type due to how easily they can be KOed. Right now, from the data we have, Phantom and Duo are close enough that relatively small weight differences have huge effects on winrates, so I consider them equal in terms of stamina ability.
Oh yes, Stamina in general is an unsafe option. This insecurity is resolved by Duo, which is SO tough to KO at times. Phantom on the other hand, is relatively easier to KO in comparison. I mean, Duo being a Stamina/Defense hybrid, is slightly tougher to KO than Phantom, which is Stamina or Stamina/Attack. Phantom is in no way a Defense wheel. But Duo is. Yes, to make Duo work well for Defense, it must be used upon powerful Defense tracks and tips. But considering "added effects" of both the parts-

Phantom- When in Attack mode, it has high Stamina, and may also KO the opposing bey. In simple words- Stamina/Attack.
Duo- For Stamina, it is similar to Phantom. But, it is tougher to KO due to its Defensive traits.

There was a recent Earth Vs. Burn Discussion in Build Me a Combo. I see Phantom and Duo as the 4D counterparts(of course more powerful) of the two; Phantom= Burn, Duo= Earth.
What do you think?

But yes, the weight differences (which are quite small, but play a MAJOR role) do affect the job.
Not really, Duo Stamina combo's are still a breeze to KO with a passable attacker and more aggressive defenders.

Phantom vs Duo is much more even than Burn v Earth, seeing as Duo has roughly equal stamina. But, Burn only went out of style when something came along with significantly more stamina. Phantom/Death is closer to Burn/Earth. That said, it's not that big a deal, as I said, being hard to KO is not the point of stamina. Stamina types are primarily aimed at beating other stamina types, and then defenders (which are generally safer to counter with a Stamina/Defense Balance combination). Phantom isn't *that* much worse against defenders, not in the way Burn was compared to Earth. Both phantom and duo are instant lose against decent attackers.