Beyblade Random Thoughts

I don't actually have a complete Dragoon V2, I've got two without tips right now, so I'm trying to get another one. There are a couple around though, from sellers who don't like trades, so I'll keep out of your way Tongue_out.

I just bought Dragoon V2 and a Wide Survivor, as I use both of my Customise Grip bases on my two main zombie combos (having found yesterday that wolborgs tip does have much better balance than Burning Kerberous'), so I need a third for use in attack combos with the tip, and I also need a second wide survivor for use in an attack combo. (Edit: yaydone)

Also neither of my Dragoon V2 AR's have complete stickers. My collection isn't that pretty because I tend to by stuff that's been played with because I intend to do the same, and am often uncomfortable using stuff that is in collectible condition, unless it is really, really worth using, and even then I try to find doubles.

As for me, I am so highly anime-influenced even to this day that I won't care for a rare bey!
I am your worst nightmare should you lend some rare bey to me. You'll get it back the next day; completely beaten up. Tongue_out I would go with a Mercury Anubis, just so that I could call myself Yuki; and beat someone... Tongue_out
Should I ever get a rare bey, I'll have to live with the facade that I actually do not own that rare bey. And for that, I'll have to keep it away from me. Otherwise, the rare bey would be completely beaten up. XD
I am just getting more and more hesitant when it comes to getting any painted bey... :\
And guess what, out of the 4 MFBs I own, 3 are painted. Chocked_2
I use my Dragoon GT, Dranzer GT, and my first Uriel 2 is in shards (the tip of the second has been used like 3 times). I also have one Dark Driger I use (keep another for collection), and I've kinda used my cyber dragoon (some stickers were missing anyway due to poor adhesive). Oh, I also use parts of a Takara Zeus, a Bearing Gyro AR and a Gabriel AR, and Grip Base. I used my red Gaia Dragoon's AR yesterday for a little but it didn't make much contact, so that's one I'll either display or sell/trade, as the Great Dragon+Screw Zeus setup Dei won with last plastics remembrance day didn't impress me.

Oh, I mentioned this over in plastic parts discussion, but I now have all of the Attack Series weight disks and they all suck impressively hard so don't bother.
Lips_sealed
Eh, that's is too many rare beys there...
But my most famous use of a rare bey (which was also the dumbest) was of a Dragoon MSUV against some fake bey. My Dragoon MSUV shattered in that battle; but I did not mind it, as I hated the look of it. Few years later, I checked out the BeyWiki Article of MSUV. *faints*
I cursed myself then on...

As for the Attack Series, I used to love the name. And of course, I really adored their unique shape. Its a shame that they are hopeless.... Unhappy
Heh, I guess. I don't have many rare recolours. I've got a guardian driger in decent nick, but some of the stickers are a but messed up/peeling and stuff. Looks pretty though. Most of my rares are at least a little worn, as I generally buy stuff I intend to use/play around with, so I don't buy mint that often.

Ahh yes, your MSUV. That is a sad tale :C

Yeah, I posted a mini summary in plastic parts discussion. Heavy Attack is vaguely usable for compacts but 10 Heavy and 6 Heavy are better for more defensive compacts and 10 Balance is better for aggressive ones.
An Aristotle Beyblade would be just amazing.... Smile
i just wanted to ask why is Dragoon G so cheap
As some of you already know... Hasbro's wave 16 and 17 are coming may 2012!
Yaseen, that goes in the "Ask a Question, Get an Answer! #2" thread.
I just purchased a Fury Capricorn for my little cousin for his birthday (there was honestly nothing else at the shops, it was either that or a Tornado Battler). Anyway, he asked me too look it up online to see how good it was, for some reason he didn't trust my judgement. I clicked on the Beyblade Wikia, as I couldn't find a page on the Beywiki for it. What I found was... Shocking. Here is a foul taste of the black goop that is the beyblade wikia:

Beyblade Wikia Wrote:Fury is a fusion wheel with moderate recoil attack and excellent smash attack. Although the Cyber metal wheel is a better option, it is essential to own due to it having excellent smash in the combo MF-H Fury Bull 85R2F.

It gets worse:

Beyblade Wikia Wrote:The Fury wheel is immune to having it's spin stolen, it is unknown how this happens

... I'll just go kill myself now

The full horrifying, disgusting article: http://beyblade.wikia.com/wiki/Fury_Capricorn_100HF
Alrighty, we get it, they have bad info. However, they're a website trying to promote Beyblade, just like this one. They're fans just like us, no need to bash the way they do things!
When they mislead people with things like that, and you spend hours of your day correcting the people they have mislead, it does get very, very tiresome.

You don't like it when people come into the exercise thread and give misleading advice, do you?
TBH, I found my way here after reading wikia. And all articles are not so bad..because some of them are actually copies of the ones on WBO..I remember reading the article there about LLD and then I saw almost similar article on WBO too.
Mmmm, they used to just copy+paste and add misinformation. They've improved slightly over time, to be honest, but they still have a very long way to go. Uncertain
I don't recall this being the wikia's complaint forum...

Oh, right.

It isn't.
I don't know about you, but something about writing a post here and then seeing the exact same sentence on an article there without actually being asked annoys me, as does correcting their errors when they come here. Pardon me for being concerned about things that actually affect me and posting about it during a relevant discussion. Serious

It's beyblade related, and there is no other appropriate topic, and it is not a large enough topic to have its own thread. As such, I am quite sure this is the correct thread to discuss it (on a quick browse through their site, I did not see a complaints forum, and judging from my PM inbox, they do read most of what we say about them here.)

If the ruling on discussing it here, which was always okay in past, has changed recently, I'd suggest you make a list of these rule changes so we may all be aware of them, seeing as I have been here for a while now and am somehow not aware of half of these rules.
I just get annoyed when the members of the wikia do make stupid articles like the one I linked earlier. When you google 'Fury Capricorn', 'Storm Pegasus', 'LDrago Destory' or any other beybalde the first link is 'Fury Capricorn 100HF - Beyblade Wiki' or 'Storm Pegasus 105RF - Beyblade Wiki'. It is very misleading to newer members who haven't discovered the WBO yet -

Like me. When I first started as a beyblader, about 1 year ago, I searched up one of my favourite beys; RockOrso. It gave me misinformation on the Orso clear wheel, the Rock wheel and not to mention every other part I looked at. I have been temped many times since to correct them myself, and occasionally have contacted the latest editor and asked them about there reasoning behind their information.

Most of it is mis-communications made by 10 year olds who want to feel special, and post information that they in their personal tests have compiled, often it being something like "Well, I tested RockEagleT125S vs EarthScorpio105S and Rock won so that means Rock is a better wheel" - I actually received a reply like that.

I admit, that there are some good people on the wikia. The people who do post good info and fix miss-info, I applaud. As long as it has not been taken directly from the Beywiki or WBO posts (which I am afraid that 80%+ of good information has been).

Sorry for sounding like a ranting rhino, but I need to get this out of my system, so to speak.

EDIT: And to Hazel; I would have thought this a perfectly legitimate place to post that, as it is the Beyblade random thoughts. Although the wikia may be incorrect, it is still defiantly beyblade related.
I'd really rather we just try to let them sort themselves out, or discredit themselves, at their own leisure. They should not need to come here and see us calling their articles stupid to know that they are - and if they'd stop indiscriminately stealing information, it wouldn't be a problem. However, as it stands, it's really not an issue there's a lot to be said on - I had heard something of an agreement between us and the editors, but I'm not sure if it's being honored anymore.

Regardless, I'm not really fond of seeing people bashing other websites, here - it's poor form. My post was in response to S.D.C.'s first one about it.

I spend more time on Beywikia than Beywiki, lately - because the only things I ever really need to look up are anime things, and those are not compiled in nearly so convenient a format here, for the time being. I will also occasionally check a new release page there, fully knowing they'll have copy-pasted every relevant word and stolen every image and put it on one convenient page, rather than thumbing through sixteen pages of speculation and whatever else, here, if I'm particularly curious. The two wikis are essentially two different kinds of resources, to me, and everyone should treat them as such, before immediately running for the "this website is butts because they said butts and butts were everywhere on every page".

You're better off emailing someone who manages the Beywikia and addressing them directly.
I have already done so, both on their site and in response to the numerous PM's I have received from them (which is why I know they see everything I post here about them: every time I do, I get a PM or three, ranging from "please be more respectful", "we're trying guy" or "who even r u go away get out of it its not ur biznus!11". Not that I mind, they are welcome to PM me whenever they wish to do so). I would like to see them use the advantages they have over us to provide some form of competition, to inspire us to improve on areas where we have weaknesses. I've even offered some small suggestions as to how they could do so, so I am not all bad in that respect.

I also use them for anime information because there isn't really anywhere else to go, and I assume it's pretty hard to make errors in episode descriptions anyway.

As for the convenience of the information being on one page, that is an area, I think, that should inspire us to improve and better co-ordinate the news and data we find/produce, by, as I've suggested before, including all relevant data in a threads first post. Both for new releases and testing, amongst other things. I know it's a fair bit of work, but if it's enough that even you are going there for convenience (and I know for sure you aren't the only one), then I think that's a sign that we could do better. We've improved a bit lately in these aspects but I think we could still do much better, though I know time constraints are an issue.

Okay, I've swung way off into "make your suggestions" here, but yeah, it kinda flowed.
I just wonder why does every store have too many useless beys... :\
I mean, non-WBO members are mad behind Storm Capricorne, Poison Serpent and the like. Still, those are among the highest available beys in the market... :\
Agreed that the shop owners might stock up on these 'favorite' beys to increase their sales, but hey, other beys get overshadowed. Serious

I went to a store recently, and I have never seen a Beyblade section as BIG as that, as of yet. There were at least 20-25 shelves, and each shelf had at least 50+ beys upon them. Chocked_2
This is paradise for an Indian blader; who is used to choosing a bey out of the 8-10 choices provided. But, I may be cent percent sure that 80% of the stock was of Storm Capris. I foraged for Twisted Tempo there for about half an hour, but in vain. I am sure that I checked every bey on every shelf, and there were just-
A handful of Rock Zurafas, Lacertas, Cetuses; one piece each of MLD and Gravity; numerous Galaxies and Strikers; countless Storm Capricornes and Dark Gashers. :\

Supaburn

But yeah, maybe they don't sell much in comparison to others; or shop owners stock up on those more often than others...

Whatever it is, it annoys me a lot. But in that search that I conducted, I suddenly fell in love with Galaxy Pegasus and Ray Striker... I loved their aesthetics SO much, that I felt like buying them... But being a low budget blader, I'll have to focus on the usefulness of parts more than on aesthetics... Yes of course the aforementioned beys are useful, for the tips they offer are top tier; but I'll need to focus more on ultimate bey-parts like Twisted...

But whatever happens, once 4D arrives, I'll certainly buy a Big Bang Pegasus, as that is one of my most favorite MFBs to date. I LOVE its aesthetics, especially the feather/wing-like design on the Core/Metal Frame.
Not to mention it is the "perfect 4D bey". It has everything a 4D bey is expected to have- A PC Frame, Core, Metal Frame, 4D Bottom, good number of mode changes, etc.
I feel the same way Jan. Our stores seem to go through stages of beys being overstocked and all useless, and beys being in so limited supply, them even when there are decent ones they are all sold before I can get my hands on them.

Oh the horror, but no matter how many times you shove a Cyber Pegasus in my face, I will NEVER buy one Wink
As for me, I can buy ANY beyblade, should I have enough funds...
Why Cyber Pegasus, I would even buy a Dark Wolf. :\

But I wish someone shove a Big Bang Pegasus in my face some day. I WANT to buy one! Only if TT beys were available all over... Tongue_out
I have the same feelings for a Dragoon V2, but that is something I can REALLY not buy...
For people who know how much I adore Dragoon V2, they'd be shocked to hear that I would actually go senile(i.e. act in a similar way as I do now, but that would be for BBP while this is for DGV2) if I miss out on Big Bang. If I do not get BBP- In the future, I would have a similar note in my signature, but instead of Dragoon V2, I'd be asking for BBP. What I would offer, is a mystery...
Let's just hope that day never comes Jan.

A Dark Wolf? God you must be desperate Tongue_out_wink

I just looked up Dragoon V2 on the Beywiki, and one look at the photo told me that that was one of the very few Plastics beys that I owned! Gasp (I believe the other one was a Wolborg). Too bad I sold it a garage sale a few years bad for around $2.50 AUD. Sorry Crying
Shall I join in the conversation ? :p
Really, I totally agree to Janstarblast and S.D.C. about stores being overstocked by meh beyblades.
Janstarblast In Delhi, the situation has,er, improved a bit. Before Metal Masters, it felt like only 2 beys exist in this world - Flame Saggitario and Rock Aries. But now, Metal Masters has slightly balanced it though. But, the problem is the influence they have. The shopkeepers always describe the Metal Masters as "better ones", and keep the Metal Fusion beys at the bottom of the shelves. As a result, an Earth Eagle is more difficult to find than a Thermal Lacerta :\
I still say the situation is getting better. For example, take my colony. There has been a drastic decline in the number of kids saying "LEONE ROCKs!!!"(lol) since the release of Rock Zurafa, as now WB is available in a better bey. Gravity Destroyer, which is becoming more common day by day, has done the same thing to Earth Eagle (consider WD). Also as a side note, I can easily say that now, Ray Striker is the most common bey in the whole of Delhi. So, if someone by chance has Basalt BD145, there is no shortage of CSs (and without much effort, you can find a not-very-aggressive looking CS, with the sharp part sticking out).
And there is one thing I never understood. Kids here seem to be so obsessed with... SOL BLAZE ???!?!?
That isnt even available here !!??!!
I'm waiting for a 4D daku wofl, TT.