Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Jan. 12, 2012  12:38 AM)th!nk Wrote: Except the fact that I have like, 7 CH120's, 4 hasbro, 3 takara, and they've either been identical in slippage, or takara's have been worse.

It was also a "known fact" that hasbro parts were heavier. The myth that Hasbro CH120's are looser is unfounded, at best based on subconscious bias.

There is absolutely no difference in their moulding, which is probably the most important point.

im gonna agree on this mine works fine maybe its a luck of the draw OH also i think hasbro got bonus points for releasing bakushin susanoo regulary i know its old news but still the thought is amazing! (dont be angry mods...)
I can also testify that I have had zero problems with my Hasbro CH120.
I second that the CH120 quality is just a luck of the draw thing.
I didn't have problems with my CH120 for a very long time, until one day it decided to be insanely loose.
Perhaps it is a luck of the draw (in both TT and Hasbro cases).
(Jan. 12, 2012  1:16 AM)Dan Wrote: Perhaps it is a luck of the draw (in both TT and Hasbro cases).

Hint: Yes. Wink
hey wats everyoneTongue_out_wink waz hapenin? well today while beybladeing i had the coolest thought ever!!!! What if some how the whole USA country had a tournament for every state within the country!?!? It could be called the Battle of The 50 States!!! If this somehow worked out we could get about 5 or or more (how many ever needed) representatives from each state to form a central location in the state and then the outcome of the tournament will be that states top ranked blader!!! I wanna know what you guys think?Tongue_out_wink
Hm, I know? How about a working National Championships! Yeah, that would be great!

That's what Hasbro is envisioning with their National/World Championships. However, Hasbro is very bad at getting things done, so there's a 1/100th chance of that happening provided the right circumstances occur.
If ur not gonna freakin help then dont even post in this thread!!!Tired u cant tell me you've never had a thought about something that you wanna at least tell others, because u think it would be kool!?
(Jan. 12, 2012  3:55 AM)Poison Serpent! Wrote: If ur not gonna freakin help then dont even post in this thread!!!Tired u cant tell me you've never had a thought about something that you wanna at least tell others, because u think it would be kool!?

Perhaps wait until you have even the most basic understanding of the purpose of the threads in this forum before being so presumptuous towards people.

We are entitled to disagree with you and point out flaws in your posts.
(Jan. 12, 2012  12:50 AM)Clonetos Wrote:
(Jan. 12, 2012  12:38 AM)th!nk Wrote: Except the fact that I have like, 7 CH120's, 4 hasbro, 3 takara, and they've either been identical in slippage, or takara's have been worse.

It was also a "known fact" that hasbro parts were heavier. The myth that Hasbro CH120's are looser is unfounded, at best based on subconscious bias.

There is absolutely no difference in their moulding, which is probably the most important point.

im gonna agree on this mine works fine maybe its a luck of the draw OH also i think hasbro got bonus points for releasing bakushin susanoo regulary i know its old news but still the thought is amazing! (dont be angry mods...)

Hasbro has released Bakushin Susanow in a single pack? When did this happen? Last time I checked we only have MF Bakushin Susanow 105F, and Lunar Elcipse Black MF Bakushin Susanow 90WF, both video game exclusives.

I can also vouch for my CH120's excellent preformance. The loose fitting is common with all CH120's. Hasbro haters gonna hate I guess.

Even with TH170, CH120 still has great use in 120 mode. 145 mode is terribly outclassed unless used with an L-Drago, but too many new combos easily outclass it...

(Jan. 11, 2012  10:26 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I must sound like a newbie for just getting Beat Lynx and observing TH170 even though it was present at Anime North, but TH170 is huge. The locking mechanism also works perfectly, and I doubt that TAKARA-TOMY just invented it, so I have no idea why it was not used for CH120 earlier ...

It is called improving upon a design. A team at TT was more than likely asked to improve upon the design of the CH120. Some constraints may have been to make it sturdier, and to have a better locking mechanism, as well as putting it on a new height. Thus, TH170 was born. Cars today arent the way they are because thier features seem "obvious" to us now. We take for granted the fact that the car has been constantly changing and improving since the day the 1st concept sketch for an automobile was sketched on paper.
(Jan. 12, 2012  5:19 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: Hasbro has released Bakushin Susanow in a single pack? When did this happen? Last time I checked

Check more recently. It's been posted about and discussed to some fair length in the appropriate thread for new Hasbro releases.

re: people spreading idiotic propaganda about parts, stop it. I do not care if it was previously accepted as okay, it isn't anymore.
(Jan. 12, 2012  5:28 AM)Hazel Wrote: re: people spreading idiotic propaganda about parts, stop it. I do not care if it was previously accepted as okay, it isn't anymore.

You'd have to find out about it no longer being accepted in some way or another..

I mean, if you'd like to have an entire thread dedicated to correcting common misconceptions about variation of brand etc, go for it.
Honestly, I didn't know about this CH120 thing until today and had only stuck to what commentary had been made by other members upon its release by Hasbro awhile back and my personal experience with a Hasbro CH120.
Yes, that applies very much to my whole "I don't care if it was previously accepted as okay" thing.

Brand differences are, in an overwhelming majority, false, aside from obvious literal mold differences. This thing with people seeing one person say it and then having it spread like wildfire is really aggravating to deal with, however, and has contributed greatly to the Hasbro Bashing fad, which is also ending up costing people their money importing a product that is not, in actuality, superior.

I will sling around ideas for a thread about it. In the meantime, however, users should probably just stick with the mindset of "spreading rumors is dumb".
(Jan. 12, 2012  5:28 AM)Hazel Wrote: re: people spreading idiotic propaganda about parts, stop it. I do not care if it was previously accepted as okay, it isn't anymore.

Hey guys, I'm gonna go win a tournament with my M145Q combo. Smell y'all later.

As if. It's like trying to dribble a football.
i never payed much attention to the whole CH120 thing i thought it was people who just whined about a bad track anyway about the car analogy I agree on that i mean look at RF and RF2 or look at any other bey i would have to agree on the whole improvement thing. On a side note I wanna say BD145 is a how should i put it....a false hope kinda thing its not that great to me then again i just got it back in christmas...
This is all assuming that more than just one member experiences equal or better experiences with a Hasbro CH120 (AKA less slipping) than a Takara one. So far we've only had Th!nk testify, and some other dudes who didn't have much slippage with a Hasbro CH120 (though they don't even have a TT CH120..)

I won't say the coffin is buried yet, Hazel.
I'll just add in, if I may, that my CH120 is working fine and I have used it repeatedly for quite vicious and brutal attack battles. I have encountered some CH120's that DO slip, however. My friend's CH120 broke the day he got it after taking a light blow in 145 mode. It jammed up and refused to move, stuck at an angle that put the bey it was attached to so horribly off-balance that it ended up working like a M145. It depends on, as Dan said, the luck of the draw.

I have never been able to compare it to a Takara one though, as I have always been suspicious of all these "TT vs Hasbro" part discussions and have never had the urge to buy a bey online that I could get at the local shops.
I'd place th!nk's testimony(if not for his reputation, for the number of them that he has) a few cuts above the swaths of people who just repeat what others say. Even I was guilty of it in this particular case.

I'd like to find out where the sourcing for all of the claims came from to begin with, since it somehow ended up on Beywiki... it would not be the first time a misconception ended up there, but it's still interesting.

Regardless, in the case of "hasbro ch120 blows chunks buy TT", it is especially stupid because CH145 should not even exist.
My Hasbro CH120 works exceptionally well in both modes it the one from the Gravity Perseus double pack
congrats to this thread for having more than 1000 pages of replies.
Anyways. Hasbro beys are easier to break , in my opinion. Coz, my hasbros burn phoenix's 135 and MS went broken after a few battles.
(Jan. 12, 2012  6:55 AM)the.successor Wrote: congrats to this thread for having more than 1000 pages of replies.
Anyways. Hasbro beys are easier to break , in my opinion. Coz, my hasbros burn phoenix's 135 and MS went broken after a few battles.

Considering they use exactly the same materials and generally the same molds as TT (only changing to/choosing better reinforced molds), I somehow doubt that it was in any significant way related to the manufacturer.

Re: the CH120 discussion, even if somehow my TT CH120's were just unusually more slippage-prone, that at least indicates that choosing to only buy TT CH120's does not exclude the possibility of slippage. I can guarantee for a fact that I had at least as much slippage on my TT CH120's as I have had on my Hasbro CH120's. They're also just as breakage prone as each other (though most breaks were due to a somewhat overzealous attitude to tightening facebolts before I knew better, both are still prone to these breaks).

As for the 145-height, it does have some uses in countering a few niche opponents. Obviously it doesn't compare well to other 145-height tracks, but it's not a primary track, it is just insurance against a couple of less common opponents.

As for how it ended up on the wiki, the "Hasbro Dark>TT Dark" thing was based entirely on the erroneous weights in the Weights of MFB doc, and I suspect it was further enhanced by people then using their new Dark Wheels with a more open mind (because "hey it's pretty heavy now hasbro made it heavier") and suddenly realising that it isn't quite as horrible defensively as it is usually made out to be.

The effects of preconceptions and subconscious biases are surprisingly large, by the way, and they can hold huge sway in testing, which is generally beyond our control, but should be accounted for when examining these more subjective issues. In my own defense on the CH120 issue, I can say I went in knowing only the public opinion that hasbro CH120's seemed to sometimes (and yes, the opinion was sometimes, not always) encounter slippage issues, and found no significant difference between that and my TT CH120.
I'm going to go ahead and make mention of the CH120 thing in the Errors on the Wiki thread and see about getting it chopped off, for the time being. Having four of them owned by the same person that aren't behaving worse than TT is pretty significant, but moreso is th!nk's earlier point, that buying only TT does not avoid the slipping problem either.
Just a note, it's more of a "didn't behave worse", seeing as all but two of my CH120's have broken: One Hasbro, one Takara Tomy. I'm also not 100% sure which way the seven were split come to think of it, though it was definitely 3/4, it might actually have been the other way (though that is still pretty significant for both points), only because I tended to buy them in two's (as I used the track a lot), and they broke at similar times, but my last hasbro one outlasted it's respective takara-tomy CH120, and is still going alongside a new Takara-Tomy CH120.

Another note: when CH120's begin to break, the common thread-area cracks, resulting in the internal cylinder-area expanding when a facebolt is inserted, increases friction with the height-adjustment mechanism, making it significantly less prone to slippage. As small but not track-ruining breaks are quite common, often when you buy a second CH120, it seems slightly more slippage prone than you are used to. This happened to me a couple of times before I realised what was going on (one of my CH120's, a hasbro one if I recall, became extremely well-fixed just before it no longer securely held a beyblade together, though the facebolt did rattle a little at times, and it didn't sit 100% evenly on all wheels (standard "time to buy another" indicator, that)).

I think that's everything that I had worked out in my time thinking about it...
Of course. I'm not really going up for claiming TT is the bad one rather than Hasbro, just trying to equalize this rumor.

Yay for part breaks being beneficial...?
That was just me changing it to past tense, not correcting you Tongue_out I am the one who should be taking measures to point out that they are equal (i.e. TT is not worse either).

Heh, maybe. It was mine and others Uriel 2 bases breaking that motivated me to try everything to find a solution, after a while, so I guess that is kinda similar.

If there were plastic bases that worked better without clips, you would be set.