Beyblade Random Thoughts

Even in plastics. Just LOOK at it! If there's no Bearing Core, Sharp tips were the usual releases with Stamina beys.
TT has simply glorified Sharp tips for no reason. Look at the anime... S tips are SO SO epic! Tired
About S²D, I meant to say that according to TT, they are "Defense" tips. And, S²D is probably the strongest "Defense" series Defense tip according to TT; as I can be very sure that TT wanted to incorporate the greatest tips of all three types in Diablo Nemesis. And hence, S²D might have been the best Defense tip TT looked to put into Nemesis... And according to us, D series tips are usually great for Stamina...
So overall-
XF- Not the best Attack tip in reality, but its useful. But, an individual XF seems to be better.
S²D- Doesn't seem to be as impressive; as you describe it.
S- No comments...
Mmm, true, though they were marginally more useful in plastics, and many were attached to bases that had decent LAD.

That about sums it up:
XF: Worse than an actual XF in every conceivable way and can't even choose a useful height. Same Self-KO and tornado-ridge-skipping issues.
S2D: Shouldn't have been called a defense tip, it's a slightly more stable sharp tip, hilariously easy to KO.
S: just the worst. Every time X: D hits S mode, a baby dies.

Oh yes, I loved plastic gen Sharp tips!
They were just marginally useful yes, but those didn't suck as much as MFB ones do...
I wonder if HMS had any similar glorified Sharp tips or not... Probably Draciel had a Sharp(and Eiffel Tower-ish) RC?
Yeah. Actually, (and at the risk of straying into plastic parts discussion territory), voltaic ape's customise metal sharp base was actually surrounded by a wider, plastic slope, it actually had pretty decent balance as a result.

Not sure about HMS, but I am pretty sure there were a few sharp RC's around.

EDIT: Yeah, Draciel MS had a Sharp RC, WDJ/Advance Eterner's Metal Sharp Core, Advance Guardian's Rubber Sharp Core, and I think some of the gimmick RC's also had Sharp modes.

The tip of X: D resembles that of Griffolyon's base, which, as I've mentioned, is the absolute worst shape for a tip.
im gald tt does atleast somehomework a mean look at random booster volume seven that thing was full or top tier or tier 2 parts it was great while hasbro is just meh Uncertain bu they did give bey to australia so im not complaining
Bam! 1000 Pages!

Anyway, @Njrk: RBV7 was great and all, but RBV8 and 9 have been released since, and ugh.
Also:
[Image: char_gary20110724-22047-1i4lcrf.gif]

Smell ya later Wink
Eee
Its so tough to talk about plastics without going too deep into it! Tongue_out
Actually, I just understood what you were actually trying to say above. Tongue_out
Wow, Diablo Nemesis can be illegally modified so easily... Chocked_2
Weird, that.
As for HMS, that's what I am talking about! There are hardly any Sharp RCs we can recall... Hence, they weren't "glorified" by any means! Tongue_out
OK, if you think harder, you may recall a few. But, glorified tips are something which are right on the tip of your tongue. Tongue_out *showing tongue*

EDIT- HEY! I WAS SUPPOSED TO START THIS PAGE! Angry
We both posted at the same time, but you beat me...
Still, mine is the first "meaningful" post on the 1000th page, as yours holds no value! Tongue_out jk!
Then again, you'll be editing that post soon enough... Still, I already have my post ready! So, I am first! Cool
(Jan. 11, 2012  10:42 AM)th!nk Wrote: Bam! 1000 Pages!

(This is just a placeholder while I write my actual post).

GOD DAMMIT I WANTED TO BE A THOUHSAND PAGE POSTER WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Th!nk well with RBV7 being so good of course they have to have crappy ones afterwards still i like 8 and 9 specially the prize beys fusion hades*nosebleed* so prettty

i love how making it to the thousand page mark almost became a contest though lol
jan: It holds value...
@njrk: ... because it holds Gary. Smell ya later!

I went through the list of HMC in my last post, there were plenty of sharp tips going around in HMS. But yeah, none were glorified as they were quickly outclassed by bearing parts, as all stamina tips of those eras generally are. It's not really their own fault, it's just the extreme power of bearing cores.

There's never any contest with Gary Oak: He's there first, when you're at your worst.
Hong Kong will have their WBBA National Championship to select their representative for the World Championship on 25-26 February 2012.

The great news is they will have the all new recolors Big Bang Pegasis (Gold / Silver / Bronze) as the G1 prizes. This is the 1st time outside of Japan, even in Japan, it was only given to the Asian Championship winners.

The bad news is for their event special bey, they will have VariAres Mars Red ver., which was previously a CoroCoro lottery exclusive bey. So much for rarity nowadays.. *sigh*
What? Really? It's pretty harsh what Mani do to collectors, that's not even remotely fair.

Do you know if there will be any noticeable difference or anything? I mean surely there might be some mark to distinguish them?
I have the original CoroCoro lottery Hell Kerbecs Red Inferno ver. before Mani bundled them into their DVD box, and it's sad to say that there's no difference aesthetically.

I had an offer for the CoroCoro lottery VariAres Mars Red ver., but I didn't follow through with the bid, due to some bad experience with the previous Hell Kerbecs. After this, I'm glad that I didn't buy it.
I would be livid if I had been able to find one of these and paid top dollar for it, but such are the perils of investing in goods whose scarcity is an artificially induced state due to nothing but the off-hand decision to limit production runs rather than on some sort of actual physical limitation - like hand crafting or the like.

So while this is sad for the minute percentage of the population who happen to live in Asia and were lucky enough to win one and the wealthy few who managed to buy one, it is happy for the thousands of others who never even had a chance to enter the lottery - let alone win it.
Um there is a slight difference between the lottery and Mani versions of Hell Kerbecs Inferno version. The face for the Mani one has gold on it whereas the lottery one has a clear red face. Apart from that there's no difference though.
(Jan. 11, 2012  12:48 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: I would be livid if I had been able to find one of these and paid top dollar for it, but such are the perils of investing in goods whose scarcity is an artificially induced state due to nothing but the off-hand decision to limit production runs rather than on some sort of actual physical limitation - like hand crafting or the like.

So while this is sad for the minute percentage of the population who happen to live in Asia and were lucky enough to win one and the wealthy few who managed to buy one, it is happy for the thousands of others who never even had a chance to enter the lottery - let alone win it.

True... Unhappy
Well, as for me, I've always hated recolors anyway! Tongue_out
As for the news, I wonder why did they have to choose VariAres, and VariAres only...
Come on, bring in something new... Why re-release the rare beys of TT!?
UltraBlader : yes you are right. I was referring to the metal wheel. Unlike the Blue Inferno, where it actually has a serial number imprinted on it.
Blue Inferno had just 3,000 releases, and hence TT liked to incorporate the Model No. (which was probably any number between 1-3,000; as I was told...) in it. Smile
If what I was told is true, it would be funny to see future ebay listings-
Blue Inferno Hell Kerbecs Model No. 1/2/3/4/ and so on!
Numerology would make its way into it, then. Not to mention that numbers which act as milestones (1, 100, 1000, etc.) would sell more too! Tongue_out
Uwik- Does the Face differ a lot? Or is it just a negligible difference? If so, I don't think it should matter much now... Confused
But yes, its one reason to get the original version...
Face design is the same, it's just the color that's different.

Anyway, I'm very much looking forward to the championship Big Bang Pegasis to hit the market
I hope they do clear versions too later on like they did with Galaxy pegasis.
I must sound like a newbie for just getting Beat Lynx and observing TH170 even though it was present at Anime North, but TH170 is huge. The locking mechanism also works perfectly, and I doubt that TAKARA-TOMY just invented it, so I have no idea why it was not used for CH120 earlier ...
Why do you doubt that they just invented it?

Because they might have. And possibly they did try to use the same mechanism with CH120, but it could not fit. 120 is way lower than 170/195/220 after all, and they might not have had room to place the mechanism.
(Jan. 11, 2012  10:26 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I must sound like a newbie for just getting Beat Lynx and observing TH170 even though it was present at Anime North, but TH170 is huge. The locking mechanism also works perfectly, and I doubt that TAKARA-TOMY just invented it, so I have no idea why it was not used for CH120 earlier ...

you do have a point their the hasbro ch120 where much looser though i wonder if hasbro when the realese beat lynx will have their th170 being as loose and faulty as ch120 i know some of hasbro ones are not loose but of all the ones i have seen their all loose

the most likley reason they didnt use it is cause i surpose making ch120 mechanisne was cheaper and since dark/mad cancer was at the start of mfb thye wanted to save money just in case thei series didnt make alot of cash while beat lynx was realesed in the middle of 4d so they knew they would make plent of money and improved it on TH170
(Jan. 11, 2012  11:08 PM)njrk97 Wrote: you do have a point their the hasbro ch120 where much looser

Next person who says this without providing any actual evidence that they are in any way worse than Takara-Tomy CH120's gets a beating. Eee
It is a known fact that Hasbro CH120's are 'looser' than Takara's and I know from personal experience mine can no longer stay at 145 height.

We're just lucky that CH145 isn't good or else we'd have to get Takara's version.
Except the fact that I have like, 7 CH120's, 4 hasbro, 3 takara, and they've either been identical in slippage, or takara's have been worse.

It was also a "known fact" that hasbro parts were heavier. The myth that Hasbro CH120's are looser is unfounded, at best based on subconscious bias.

There is absolutely no difference in their moulding, which is probably the most important point.

By the way guys: First and last post on Page 1000, and post number 20,000 all in one page?
[Image: char_gary20110724-22047-1i4lcrf.gif]

Smell ya later Wink