Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Dec. 31, 2011  11:06 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Basalt does not weigh ten grams though ... Are you sure it is not in pounds or something ?

The scale is 500g X 0.1G. So if my math is right is the Takara Basalt weighs 0.99 grams. And Hasbro weighs 0.95 Grams.
(Dec. 31, 2011  11:18 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: The scale is 500g X 0.1G. So if my math is right is the Takara Basalt weighs 0.99 grams. And Hasbro weighs 0.95 Grams.

Completely impossible. Basalt usually weighs around forty-seven grams, from what I remember.
I believe he is claiming that the decimal is what is different.

And, remember, TT Basalts vary MASSIVELY in weight, so it is really hard to pin the accuracy of any weight-based claims around Basalt, Hasbro, TT, or SK.
(Dec. 31, 2011  11:25 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Dec. 31, 2011  11:18 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: The scale is 500g X 0.1G. So if my math is right is the Takara Basalt weighs 0.99 grams. And Hasbro weighs 0.95 Grams.

Completely impossible. Basalt usually weighs around forty-seven grams, from what I remember.

My scale was set to OZ. My bad. But it still shows basalt is heavier then twisted.
Do you have any more Basalt wheels you can test?
(Jan. 01, 2012  12:22 AM)Hazel Wrote: Do you have any more Basalt wheels you can test?

NO i dont. I have the Basalt I use for tournaments and a Hasbro Twisted I bought for another tournament but never used.
Ah. Well, if you can get ahold of one of your friends' wheels or something for extra comparison, it could be interesting. No issue if you can't, though. Smile
I have 2 Twisteds and 4 Basalts. They are more or less the same.

Twisted:
1. 47.50 gr
2. 47.54 gr
Ahh. Good to know there is at least some semblance of consistency with them, then.
You know, I always wondered if BD145 us gonna be banned. It's the most track used and is making the game less fun to me. No matter what MW, BD145[__] is doing the work. Sickens me if you ask me lol. 5TH Year for WBO Happy New Years and best wishes for WBO this year.
*cough* BD145XF*cough* BD145 dosn't work with just any old tip.
While BD145 did have a period of time where it was all ants at a picnic, that time has largely come and gone - especially with TH170 being much more common, now, and being capable of utterly dominating it in such a rude fashion.

I still maintain that it should've been banned during the serious Basalt BD145 hayday, though.
Now we are facing the Duo BD145 hayday.
Duo BD145 is still easily stopped, as th!nk has pointed out a couple of times elsewhere... it is seriously not as bad as Basalt BD145 was at its time of prominence, due to much better MWs being out now.
Yeah, that point where it WAS basically the only track for attack, defense, and stamina. In everyone's defense, it didn't seem so bad at the time (for various reasons, maybe even some funky or at least not-widely-applicable test results), and I think people seemed to focus a lot more on Basalt 230CS (something I never understood. I had lots of combo's that laughed at it, but then almost all of them lost to BD145).

Maybe it was partially because a lot of us lacked a proper understanding of what it could do for various reasons, but yeah, BD145 definitely crushed the metagame beneath it.

Whatzzer: Don't go around saying things like that, every Duo BD145 combo basically loses against anything on TH170, at 195 or 220 (one of the two works better than the other, I forget which one exactly). Duo TH170RDF is probably the most threatening Duo combo, but it's still pretty easy to outspin, and it *can* be KO'd.
Is it just me, or is this thread Unstickiefied? (NOTE: Not a word)

I'm backing up th!nk. There's no "Best" in Beyblade...
Blood, it is a bug that I continue to forget about for some reason, involving the Quick Reply feature(that only seems to apply to this thread). I fixed it.
Anyone realize that we don't really have any proper defence tracks apart from BD145? 230 and TH170 really aren't defensive. The only other thing is probably things like 85 and 90 for low tracks. The annoying thing is that unless Flash Saggitario has a decent defence track we're not gonna get one for at least 2 months.
What's wrong with BD145 and TH170?

They work and that's all that matters, isn't it?
It's more the fact that bd145 eclipses everything else defensively. It's a heavy, round, plastic buffer, basically, it is the perfect defense track.

GB145 is still a defense track, it's just heavily outclassed by bd145. TH170 is more of a balance track, yes, but there's always crossover with defense and stamina now.

As for TH170, there was a little discussion in the diablo discussion thread that is worth reading.
I find it funny how people think Variares and Blitz are good because of recoil, It's because of smash attack abillity that the two wheels have. And the weight, If they were as heavy, as say Cloud, the would be useless.
R145 is still a track for defense, it's shape isn't that good compared to recent defense tracks.
On another note, I love smashing Basalt or any combo out of the stadium with Variares or Blitz, way more fun then using Beat.
(Jan. 01, 2012  10:36 PM)sum 472 Wrote: I find it funny how people think Variares and Blitz are good because of recoil, It's because of smash attack abillity that the two wheels have.
R145 is still a track for defense, it's shape isn't that good compared to recent defense tracks.

If people seriously think their recoil is a positive attribute, as really seems to be the case, people need to learn the meanings of words before using them.

R145, on the other hand, is a track that creates very significant recoil - it's only really useful for extremely heavy combos and only when GB145/BD145 are not available.
I wish there was more news on Flash Sagittario, its being released in 2 months and we've no new news on it...
@Recoil/Smash Discussion: Recoil is an attribute which can be induced in the opposing bey, as well as your own, and how it is split depends largely on the difference in weight and grip (tip friction) of the two. While the case may be that what you call "smash attack" is the other half of the recoil, that does not mean that your recoil and the "smash attack" they experience are unrelated. If nothing but shape changes, greater smash will always come with greater recoil.
Today's the day I get back to Blading... but who to start with?