Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Dec. 20, 2011  11:28 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I think they wrote Shining God "DOG" on the bit chip or something too.

http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...gGodMS.JPG

Yes ma'am.

EDIT: ...hello, Ga'Hooleone.
That Shining God -> Shining Dog thing just made my day Tongue_out
(Dec. 20, 2011  6:08 PM)Hazel Wrote: Beyblades are probably the most commonly shoplifted toy items around here, next to trading cards of various sorts - and for a very simple reason. The aisles they're on are recessed, and the cameras are at a straight angle above. The cameras cannot see what you are doing, even when someone is watching. They can tell if you suddenly pocket something, but sleeves, or simply holding items in your hands tightly enough, are often fine methods of concealment.

Every single time I go to TRU, Target, or Wal-Mart, I find a plethora of parts that have been strewn out of boxes - usually at least a full Bey's worth of misc parts from different packages. It is quite unsettling.

TAKE THE PARTS. Or else I will. (I sorta want to do that myself, but then I don't wanna get caught, so now that people are posting about it, I will take the strewn parts)
Stealing is stealing, whether you're stealing another thief's leftovers, or opening the package yourself.

Do not be so childish.
There's a thing that exists called 'morality', you know...
(Dec. 20, 2011  11:48 PM)Hazel Wrote: Stealing is stealing, whether you're stealing another thief's leftovers, or opening the package yourself.

Do not be so childish.

True, so I won't. I am not one of the package opener thieves anyway. *facepalms self* Yes. I was childish there.
Plus the hefty fine you could end up paying doesn't exclude competitively valued, tiny spinning tops.
I noticed that not too long ago... I was like 'HOLY OMG YES, CHEAP DEATH QUETZ'
If Christmas goes well... Unsmith
Exactly! Everybody wants a cheap DQ Smile

On the subject of Death Quetz, before it was released I said I was going to skip it; then after its release I changed my mind; now I'm passing on it again unless I get some money for Xmas XD
(Dec. 21, 2011  2:31 AM)Kaiba Wrote: Exactly! Everybody wants a cheap DQ Smile

On the subject of Death Quetz, before it was released I said I was going to skip it; then after its release I changed my mind; now I'm passing on it again unless I get some money for Xmas XD
Here's how I thought of Death Quetz:
After seeing the image:
'I really hope this thing sucks, because it is so ugly looking and I really do not want to buy it unless it is good'
After testing is done:
'FIRETRUCK, NOW I MUST BUY IT BECAUSE IT IS GOOD'
Duo's release:
'Smithicide'
(Dec. 20, 2011  6:08 PM)Hazel Wrote: Beyblades are probably the most commonly shoplifted toy items around here, next to trading cards of various sorts - and for a very simple reason. The aisles they're on are recessed, and the cameras are at a straight angle above. The cameras cannot see what you are doing, even when someone is watching. They can tell if you suddenly pocket something, but sleeves, or simply holding items in your hands tightly enough, are often fine methods of concealment.

Every single time I go to TRU, Target, or Wal-Mart, I find a plethora of parts that have been strewn out of boxes - usually at least a full Bey's worth of misc parts from different packages. It is quite unsettling.

This reminds me one time when I went down to this warehouse sale. It was full of junk and nice stuff(Kamen rider belt for$5) but for the beys ,it was horrifying! They were strewn everywhere with opposite parts. I found half of storm capricrone and the other half somewhere else. Other than that,I found a treasure chest of beys! Unfortunately ,there were some with a sticker on top that marked 'missing parts' and so on. I can't believe they actually sell such things! I bought an extreme stadium there and it was $25 cheaper . Why? Because it wa missing instructions,stickers and a ripcord. I left with that and a supposly broken dark cancer(though the packaging was only torn). It was horrifying I tell you,horrifying! Who ever heard of Lighting L-Drago 100 RF starter set before?!
lolz, in NZ, we have it kewl har. No shoplifts, all neat on their metal bar thingys.
anyways...
Wolborg PS (Plastic Survive)
BC: Wolborg (4)
AR: Scissor Cutter
WD: Blue Wide Defense
SG: Bearing Core (NSK x2)
BB: SG Bearing Base
Anyone realize there seems to be a hybrid of defense and stamina? You know, you have EVERYTHING a defense type needs, but you forget the MF and the tip? (e.g. Earth Bull GB145WD)
Except GB145 is bad for stamina, and this isn't the first time you've posted it in a stamina type, and it sucks?

But yes, both Defense and Stamina rely on outspinning the opponent, so they are fairly closely related, while attack is largely separate because it has a different win condition.
The epitome of Defense/Stamina hybridization has essentially occurred in MFB, with CS just making everything harder to fully classify.

It's similar to what Compacts did to Plastics, but less severe.
Compacts were more balanced in general than CS, having more attack power, whereas for the most part, CS is primarily Defense/Stamina.
That is basically what I meant by "less severe".

Compacts took every single thing in Plastics and swallowed them whole, absorbing their power and vomitting it back all over the Stadium.
That said, they are still Jacks of All Trades, Masters of None. Zombies kill them dead, especially zombies using Wolborg 2's tip, a good (from my frame of reference) smash attacker just throws them around, and there are a bunch of random things that OS them. Still, if you can only have one combo for a whole tournament, a compact is what you choose.

Admittedly I'm not arguing here, just waffling about plastics as I love to do Wink
Particularly angry SG Metal Change Compacts can ruin a Zombie's picnic.
In a BB-10. In a Tornado Attack, the chance KO's are reduced. Plus, Wolborg 2's tip laughs (groans?) at their puny attempts as long as its in the right combo, and proceeds to devour their brains.
I found the paint on the Hades Kerbecs' metal wheel is thicker and stickier than the Hell Kerbecs, however I already used it in several Basalt battles and some of the paint has been peeled off. Used Hades though, like I will ever use my Hell wheel in a battle...too precious Tongue_out

Also Hasbro did a very bad job on the Hades Kerbecs Clear Wheel; the stickers don't stick very well, they do stick in, it's just I found it awkward and didn't fit in properly like the Hell stickers for the CW, also the CW looks...thicker. I'll post it on the Photo Gallery later (when my Phone batteries are full).

Another random thought...now I feel like I really need a BB-10...I have money but I have no Pay-pal, I could get in the Philippines (you can get them from the Galaxy Pegasis DX set) but I don't can't bring it home ;__;
Well, if that observation is legitimate, then I do not mind getting another Hell... uh, I mean Hades Kerbecs! XD
My Hell Kerbecs has all its paint ripped off... Unhappy
Even I noticed that MLD's paint doesn't chip off that easily, but that's probably because its usually the CW which does all the work for it. :\
Also hey, even I need a BB-10. Neither do I have money, nor do I have PayPal. And hey, I dream bigger than you. I wish to get a BBP DX Set instead of Galaxy Pegy. I really admire BBP's aesthetics. Tongue_out
(Dec. 21, 2011  9:10 AM)Janstarblast Wrote: Well, if that observation is legitimate, then I do not mind getting another Hell... uh, I mean Hades Kerbecs! XD
My Hell Kerbecs has all its paint ripped off... Unhappy
Even I noticed that MLD's paint doesn't chip off that easily, but that's probably because its usually the CW which does all the work for it. :\
Also hey, even I need a BB-10. Neither do I have money, nor do I have PayPal. And hey, I dream bigger than you. I wish to get a BBP DX Set instead of Galaxy Pegy. I really admire BBP's aesthetics. Tongue_out
Unfortunately the Philippines is quite behind on the beys, they only have up to the Maximum series hence the Galaxy Pegasis DX set and it was the only way to get a BB-10 :\

I'll check if they have 4D beys when I go back there next year, I know the only 4D product they have when I was there early this month was a remote control BBP Confused.
A BB-10 will help a lot in terms of practising for tournaments (though a surprisingly large number of people out here have got one). That said, you can get decently far without one if you get the newest and best beys before a tournament.