Beyblade Random Thoughts

Janstarblast, how you think about my Wild Fox replication plan?
It's a good idea. Re-mould the AR yourself cos it's very unique (close to Trygle, I guess, with a bit of Dranzer V, but larger). Good choice of base.

Oh wow, I finally got to play around with blitz some more, and man, it is good (so far).
I have had my Hasbro CS now for 3 months and use it almost daily....still extremely aggressive and it will NOT sit still. I am not sure what to do.

Any advice?
What combo you using it on? I find that basalt tends to make basically any CS I use turn aggressive, both through it wearing them into a more aggressive state, and through it's own slight wobbling that makes the rubber make contact. The same CS on basically any other wheel barely moves, with the same launch.

The best way to wear it calm IIRC is to keep launching it onto the rubber, basically, bank opposite to what you normally would, and launch it so the rubber is what makes all the contact with the slopes. It may be easier to purchase a new calm one though.
(Dec. 07, 2011  5:21 PM)th!nk Wrote: What combo you using it on? I find that basalt tends to make basically any CS I use turn aggressive, both through it wearing them into a more aggressive state, and through it's own slight wobbling that makes the rubber make contact. The same CS on basically any other wheel barely moves, with the same launch.

The best way to wear it calm IIRC is to keep launching it onto the rubber, basically, bank opposite to what you normally would, and launch it so the rubber is what makes all the contact with the slopes. It may be easier to purchase a new calm one though.

I have used EVERYTHING I have. I tried heavy combos and it moved like an R2F and light combos, just ridiculous. I launch into the rubber and do some really deep banking and you can see on the CS where it would have been done but it seems the rubber still wont wear down. It just bends back and forth. I am not sure what it is but it is making it difficult to test CS against B: D for stamina. I probably should look into buying a calmer one though.
I'm fairly certain I have a guide posted on how to wear CS with basic launch techniques. It works 100% of the time, with Hasbro and Takara CS. I'll dig it up...

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Ask-a-qu...#pid852087

If you still can't pull it off, I don't know what to tell you - wearing CS properly is the very first thing I learned how to do in MFB, and it's extremely basic.
What happens if I wear one side more than the other?
(Dec. 07, 2011  10:41 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: What happens if I wear one side more than the other?

How would you even do that?
(Dec. 07, 2011  10:41 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: What happens if I wear one side more than the other?

Your CS gets banned from use because you clearly illegally did it instead of launching.

(Hint: Beyblades rotate while in motion.)
Excessive use on Basalt ___ 85 combos?

I know Basalt wears unevenly since my Basalt Horogium 145 WD dies horribly if I put the WD on the wrong way.
Basalt would not wear CS noticably unevenly.

I've only ever used Basalt on my CS extensively. Earth and Death are both on different ones.
I've never experienced that problem on my WDs, so I'm honestly not sure what you're talking about.

However, it is also very simple in that WD's on a very small contact point, while CS is not.
You know, I like Blitz better than Vari at last! It dont knock back as much as Vari do. And its more easier to control. IMO I'd say Blitz and Vari are kind of equal. But Vari would be a better choice because of its Dual Spin ability. Blitz UnicornoCH120RF, here I come! Grin lol.
(Dec. 08, 2011  12:18 AM)J o n Wrote: IMO I'd say Blitz and Vari are kind of equal.

Yes, this is your opinion but as much as I hate Vari and LOVE Blitz, this is DEFINITELY not true. Vari is much better.
But then again, that depends on your experience and skill with attack.
(Dec. 04, 2011  11:00 PM)J o n Wrote: -sigh- after the long beyblade testing/pratice weekend with Dakota, I think I like Blitz better than Vari. Its more easier to control and it doesnt knock back as much as Vari does. BUT, I'd still go with VariAres for any defense situation I'm facing.

Ring a bell? Tongue_out

Not trying to be rude, but you said pretty much the same thing that you said then. Smile
(Dec. 08, 2011  12:22 AM)Kaiba Wrote:
(Dec. 04, 2011  11:00 PM)J o n Wrote: -sigh- after the long beyblade testing/pratice weekend with Dakota, I think I like Blitz better than Vari. Its more easier to control and it doesnt knock back as much as Vari does. BUT, I'd still go with VariAres for any defense situation I'm facing.

Ring a bell? Tongue_out

Not trying to be rude, but you said pretty much the same thing that you said then. Smile

The original post was saying he "thought" something. His latest was confirming it.
I know that, but he also said that Blitz is easier to control and has less knockback, which he mentioned in the first post.
HA!!! SEE? IT'S NOT TOO BIG!!! WHO's THE WRONG ONE NOW?
anyway, DOES ANYONE LIVE NEAR CALVERT CITY KENTUCKY THAT I CAN BATTLE!!! I'VE MET SOME PEOPLE AND BEAT THEM EISLY SO I'M SO CARPING BORED!!!!! So, anybody? just pm me if ya need anything
Yah, I was "thininking" back then but now, I was confirming it. It took me ahwile to confirm which was better for me lol. On that last sentence, I'd go with Blitz for any defense situation. LOl sorry for the mix up. Also I was thinking about Death wheel +RS= invicible defense combo. Confused I've been scared of our new defense wheels lately. I hope future releases will have smash which can OHKO without struggling to KO.

EDIT: Zeo, don't get too conceited now man. Its going to be temporary anyways.
(Dec. 08, 2011  12:39 AM)J o n Wrote: Yah, I was "thininking" back then but now, I was confirming it. It took me ahwile to confirm which was better for me lol. On that last sentence, I'd go with Blitz for any defense situation. LOl sorry for the mix up. Also I was thinking about Death wheel +RS= invicible defense combo. Confused I've been scared of our new defense wheels lately. I hope future releases will have smash which can OHKO without struggling to KO.

no it's not!
You should probably listen to people, in the future. Now, everyone back on-topic.
(Dec. 08, 2011  12:39 AM)J o n Wrote: Yah, I was "thininking" back then but now, I was confirming it. It took me ahwile to confirm which was better for me lol. On that last sentence, I'd go with Blitz for any defense situation. LOl sorry for the mix up. Also I was thinking about Death wheel +RS= invicible defense combo. Confused I've been scared of our new defense wheels lately. I hope future releases will have smash which can OHKO without struggling to KO.

Phew, I came close to being ninja'd by Hazel. Death Wheel + RS = horrid stamina issues but what can you do? Every RS based combo is very unlikely to outspin a good stamina combo. RS will probably out spin an attack combo by very little time.
Could someone with experience with both Death and Duo say your thoughts:

I keep seeing how Death and Duo are getting better win rates than Basalt. I don't have Death or Duo, but from my reference frame ( Wink ) it kinda worried me considering we just finished the discussion of banning Basalt. Does anyone think that Death and Duo will dominate like Basalt did in it's hey-day (Or however it's spelled)? It is good that Duo comes in a set though, but Blitz also comes in a set.
Honestly, defense needs the help after what blitz/variares are doing to it!

I just did my first comparative tests: Duo has even less recoil than Death, 100% vs MF Blitz Unicorno 90R2F, vs 70% for Death. Check both threads for details and more elaboration, as I suspect that 100% would probably get nearer to 95-90 if I did a lot of tests (I only managed 10 with duo (plus two to check after testing death) given time constraints and one-sidedness), but yeah.

I am on my way off now to do stamina tests.

As for a Duo ban, I doubt it, but I need to try more things. It is very, very round though.
A Ban on Death? Not happening.