Beyblade Random Thoughts

I honestly find it does worse when I use it with kerbecs, and has poorer balance no matter what I do with it. I also use it for defense, and basically nothing else, but I just find aquario does better.
I actually tend to use cancer/gasher with Basalt combos. it seems to create a smoother flow for the movement, though it could just be me. I really should compare it to aquario sometime.
I get best results from Bull but that is probably because my Legend Bull mold had a small bubble that allows me to position it to even out Basalt's balance a tiny bit.
Interestingly, faulty Bull is way better than regular Bull on just about any combo I use it on.

Rock Bull 100D VS Rock Bull W105D will always go to Legend Bull for example, regardless of which track it's on, which worn D tip it has and even which rock wheel I use.
(Dec. 04, 2011  4:03 PM)th!nk Wrote: I honestly find it does worse when I use it with kerbecs, and has poorer balance no matter what I do with it. I also use it for defense, and basically nothing else, but I just find aquario does better.

See what I mean? Wink

I'm definitely in the minority - and for good reason! Aquario absolutely provides the best stamina results on Basalt, and th!nk is right that most people find that they get better results overall with Aquario than Kerbecs on BD145.

For me the choice of Kerbecs is part results (they are good enough for me with Kerbecs), part aesthetics (I think it looks cooler), and part superstition (I have no hard evidence at all that it is better).
Kerbecs is better on basically anything that isn't BD145, though. Very noticeable on MF-H Basalt Kerbecs TH170WF, where it must be oriented correctly to OS a number of opponents.
If anyone else wants a preview of the Kreis wheel, try using Phantom without the core on BD145 or GB145 or another wide track. It doesn't launch perfectly though. And yes, I know this is illegal.
(Dec. 04, 2011  4:31 PM)Arupaeo Wrote:
(Dec. 04, 2011  4:03 PM)th!nk Wrote: I honestly find it does worse when I use it with kerbecs, and has poorer balance no matter what I do with it. I also use it for defense, and basically nothing else, but I just find aquario does better.

See what I mean? Wink

I'm definitely in the minority - and for good reason! Aquario absolutely provides the best stamina results on Basalt, and th!nk is right that most people find that they get better results overall with Aquario than Kerbecs on BD145.

For me the choice of Kerbecs is part results (they are good enough for me with Kerbecs), part aesthetics (I think it looks cooler), and part superstition (I have no hard evidence at all that it is better).

Really? I think Kerbecs looks kind of icky, to be honest... I suppose I like Cancer the most, but only certain recolors, for Basalt "aesthetic + performance". However, Aquario is my bread and butter, and I'm proud to say I was defending Aquario on Basalt BD145 long before th!nk figured out exactly why it should've been defended! I didn't know, or care, why it was better - I just knew it was!

Then again, I also tout the virtues of Lacerta on Earth, but I refuse to damage my precious Lacerta CWs to do actual tests on it...
(Dec. 04, 2011  4:34 PM)th!nk Wrote: Kerbecs is better on basically anything that isn't BD145, though. Very noticeable on MF-H Basalt Kerbecs TH170WF, where it must be oriented correctly to OS a number of opponents.

Is this because Aquario is rounder so it has better stamina with Basalt BD145 combos?
How does putting Phantom[without core] on BD145 make a 'prototype' Kreis wheel?
I like the Cancer CW too, got better stamina then Kerbecs though that just might be the CS that I'm using.
(Dec. 04, 2011  10:10 PM)Hazel Wrote:

See what I mean? Wink

Really? I think Kerbecs looks kind of icky, to be honest... I suppose I like Cancer the most, but only certain recolors, for Basalt "aesthetic + performance". However, Aquario is my bread and butter, and I'm proud to say I was defending Aquario on Basalt BD145 long before th!nk figured out exactly why it should've been defended! I didn't know, or care, why it was better - I just knew it was!

Then again, I also tout the virtues of Lacerta on Earth, but I refuse to damage my precious Lacerta CWs to do actual tests on it...

Bah, it was Bluezee, and either Chups, Omega, or one of our British friends that convinced me of it's use looooong before you were even here, greenhorn Tongue_out_wink

Honestly, I also find Kerbecs... yuck. I dislike the colour yellow though, so that's probably part of it.

The BB-86 (that's the one with MB, right?) Aquario is probably my favourite CW so far, or the blue Herculeo from RBV7.

Lacerta has double power, no opponent could launch correctly with that glare. It is still just way too cool for anything ever though.

@Sum472: Aquario is just an amazingly balanced CW in general. BD145 already helps Basalt's imbalance, and kerbecs seems to interfere with that somehow? I am honestly not completely sure, but I find noticeable differences.

Also, IIRC, on low tracks, Aquario works better on basalt as kerbecs suffers from recoil from higher attackers. I think that's how it went... It's been a very long time.
-sigh- after the long beyblade testing/pratice weekend with Dakota, I think I like Blitz better than Vari. Its more easier to control and it doesnt knock back as much as Vari does. BUT, I'd still go with VariAres for any defense situation I'm facing.
So I polished my Metal bearing, and used it in Burning Kerberous....
....Awesome.

Smoother=Less Friction Grin
Be careful to stay within the rules.
This isn't legal?
I always thought that a bearing comes out Fresh like that XD
Any external modification or conditioning of a part, even if it involves returning it to an "original" state, constitutes illegal modification and invalidates the part for legal play.

The only thing that is legal is polishing MWs, and even then, only with metal polish to make it shine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30-QN7mC8...ture=g-all
Pegasis vs. Leone Rev-UP Set Unboxing

Also I learned in the video that McDonalds had a thing running with Beyblade, because he said the W²D was like the one at McDonalds
If only I lived where he lived
I'd love to get a happy meal and a bey
oh joy
Wow, it's already out? Man, i hope Dimsum2u gets some in stock... They look so AWESOME WAAAAAAAAAAAA
I hope that Pegasis on the stadium isn't printed.. It looks to be.. It's like a Hasbro stadium! D:
*gasp*
It seems that that TT is pretty much using Hasbro's ideas.
Is that a first? XD

I really want to buy Wolborg 4, but ya never know when someone like Dustypotatoes or JR_Tiger appears. XD

See what I mean? Wink

As for me, I am being compelled to be a part of the minority! Tongue_out
Thanks to my love for Kerbecs, and low-budget Beyblade Purchases.
Being on a low budget, I certainly won't go on to buy a Storm/Hyper Aquario for the sake of a well-balanced CW...
I'll get Basalt/Gravity/Byxis instead...
As I mentioned in my last post, Kerbecs (the name) leaves a lasting impression upon anyone it is mentioned to. The name itself induces fear. Tongue_out
Then there are the ordinary-sounding- Bull, Aquario, etc.
And guess what? You'll be laughed at if you call out- Tempo! Grin LOL!

@Raigeko- Thanks for the video! Grin
(Dec. 05, 2011  9:32 AM)KaizerMFB Wrote: It seems that that TT is pretty much using Hasbro's ideas.
Is that a first? XD

We already had a whole discussion on this ... It is Mani Limited that distributes Beyblades in Hong Kong, and this is obviously a Mani Limited-exclusive set, so it is not directly from and by TAKARA-TOMY.
Ah, I meant from the Random Booster 9, sort of using the Torch and Midnight I think?
That is a single, unconfirmed image.
We still do not know what the tracks and tips are, so there's always great potential there. RBV7 was a plethora of great everything, so it's impossible - in my mind - for anything to ever live up to it, and I suspect TT knew that, as well.
(Dec. 04, 2011  10:24 PM)th!nk Wrote: @Sum472: Aquario is just an amazingly balanced CW in general.

This is why I've always used Aquario with Basalt. It just sort of seems like the obvious choice, you know? Just by looking at the two parts, you can tell they have synergy.

I don't have any sort of scientific evidence, but the combination of the two made sense because a) Aquario has great weight distribution and b) the shape/thickness of the Clear Wheel seems to be much better suited for Defense customs than any other Clear Wheel currently available. And for Clear Wheels in particular, I'll take superior shape over heavier weight any day when you consider how minuscule the difference in weight is between them.