Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Dec. 02, 2011  4:42 AM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: personally I'd say it was. it sometimes got better results the vulcan, which was considered the best attack wheel at the time (this is all before we started using rubber defence tips, and of course meteo still did really good when we did).

Lightning L Drago was there during Meteo L Drago too, hah.
(Dec. 02, 2011  5:34 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Dec. 02, 2011  4:42 AM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: personally I'd say it was. it sometimes got better results the vulcan, which was considered the best attack wheel at the time (this is all before we started using rubber defence tips, and of course meteo still did really good when we did).

I know, I am not sure what lightning has to do with it

If you mean about me saying vulcan was considered the most powerful:
Vulcan was overrated, people feared it more then other attack wheels, even after rs took it down
(Nov. 30, 2011  3:32 PM)bnmmoo Wrote: Hong Kong Limited Set
It's have been confirmed as the Hong Kong official version

[Image: IMG_20111130_181009.jpg]

Source : Hong Kong Beyblade Forum

Wow, so awesome. Loving the BBP reclour. Looks a bit like the Big bang pegasis Asia ver. Also, seeing a rev up... in a Mani release.. just seems weird..
(Dec. 02, 2011  6:38 AM)lord Wolfblade Wrote:
(Dec. 02, 2011  5:34 AM)Kai-V Wrote:

I know, I am not sure what lightning has to do with it

If you mean about me saying vulcan was considered the most powerful:
Vulcan was overrated, people feared it more then other attack wheels, even after rs took it down

What she means is that Lightning was there to steal the thunder (Lightning? Haha) from Meteo.

I still haven't gotten a Meteo L Drago! I wish I had it though. I'll probably get that Hasbro L Drago set.
Meh, MF MLD CH120XF was a very good combo, but it was hard to get yourself to use it at a tournament, even if it was actually a pretty safe option.
(Dec. 02, 2011  9:22 AM)th!nk Wrote: It was actually a pretty safe option.
This is but an illusion, something to please oneself.
Spin Steal combos, are by no means 'safe' enough...
I've seen them get killed at the Mumbai tourney.
I used one in 4 matches itself, while SAM used one against me, and lost 2-0.
They are no longer safe. Even I had this belief in spin steal combos, and I guess that is the only reason of my loss.
I used MLD over LLD in most cases, and that was a BAD decision...
Expecting a bey to spin steal, and believing in the spin steal policy, i.e.- "If not a win, then a tie." may be harmful to tourney goers.
I myself, used an orthodox spin steal combo, and not MLD CH120XF itself. But AFAIK, SAM used MLD CH120XF against me, and lost. So, spin steal ain't safe! Grin
(Dec. 02, 2011  9:55 AM)Janstarblast Wrote:
(Dec. 02, 2011  9:22 AM)th!nk Wrote: It was actually a pretty safe option.
This is but an illusion, something to please oneself.
Spin Steal combos, are by no means 'safe' enough...
I've seen them get killed at the Mumbai tourney.
I used one in 4 matches itself, while SAM used one against me, and lost 2-0.
They are no longer safe. Even I had this belief in spin steal combos, and I guess that is the only reason of my loss.
I used MLD over LLD in most cases, and that was a BAD decision...
Expecting a bey to spin steal, and believing in the spin steal policy, i.e.- "If not a win, then a tie." may be harmful to tourney goers.
I myself, used an orthodox spin steal combo, and not MLD CH120XF itself. But AFAIK, SAM used MLD CH120XF against me, and lost. So, spin steal ain't safe! Grin

It was not a normal spin-stealer, It attacked and stole spin, It was unorthodox.
that is untill MF-H Gravity Perseus TH170HF/S killed it.
I know that. Smile
That's why I said- I used an orthodox spin steal combo, and not MLD CH120XF.
The combo was- MLD LW105DS
It was a direct reference to the spin steal category itself, and not completely dedicated to MLD CH120XF. Smile
I lost because I was unable to control it well...because I do get good results with spin stealers but XF wasnt in my control and I hadnt learned to properly control XF by then...however in 120 height it was still able to almost equalize with HK, at 145..it just lost out easily...or else it could have KOed HK...AFAIK MLD100 WD is the best spin-stealer and defeats every pre-4D combo...or at least ties with it.
Ah, so that's how...
I used a MLD LW105DS, as for some reason, I find DS superior to WD in all aspects(except solo spin time)....
Good for me, at least! Tongue_out
Your sister controlled XF quite well, though.
MF MLD CH120XF never had trouble OSing most non-stamina opponents, and I could get reliable KO rates against them, I just didn't trust my launch when I was short of sleep and somewhat shaky.
Well, so does that mean its weak to stamina?
If yes, then that may be one of the controlling factors in the aforementioned match, i.e. MLD CH120XF VS. Hell Kerbecs BD145DS.
Then again, I had weak launched... LOL!
Yes, generally these sorts of combo's greatest issues are stamina types, because it's harder to get a steady shot for KOing them with.
Ah yes!
Also, stamina combos have the ability to wobble around. While this one will just stop when it runs out of fuel. So, the wobbliness of stamina types would affect it too.
Please Note- This statement implies only for MLD CH120XF, and it may be wrong. Tongue_out
Personally I find MF Meteo L-Drago CH120XF pretty good. I get pretty good win rates against Blitz attack combos and Basalt combos (mainly MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS) but it is pretty inconsistent, which is mainly why if I were to enter a tournament, I more than likely wouldn't use it outside of free play Tongue_out_wink
In the hands of a capable user, it can do quite some magic.
EDIT: I haven't tried stamina types yet, actually... gives me something to do after school.
Well, its not just MLD CH120XF, just every spin stealing combo is inconsistent in its performance.
Resembling Hybrid Attack types, they of course outdo attack combos.
Defense is tough, but weak launches may do some magics.
Stamina usually has no problems with these. After a major round of spin steal, you will expect a tie coming your way, but you'll end up seeing your bey go down and the stamina bey wobbling around...
The metagame has changed so rapidly that even I've lost track of what works against what.

Hopefully when my new stuff arrives I'll be able to get back into things.
Seriously, it changed at the speed of light, and unfortunately, Lightning couldn't handle the blow... Tongue_out
It will be tough to keep track of things, actually. We have quite a few new releases in line, and they will just add to the already complicated meta.
Sets coming out with 3 entirely new beyblades at a time is pretty heavy too.

But yeah, the fact everything new being released seems to have use, it basically means re-testing everything, particularly those combo's which don't fall into a single category.
Very true. I'm so far behind in my testing that I'm not sure I'll ever be able to fully examine a bey unless I finish my testing before the next release comes out. For example, right now I've basically got 25 days left to fully test the 3 beys in the Ultimate DX set before RB9 & Diablo Nemisis hit the streets, then I have to switch over. It's getting quite fast!
IKR? I'm still waiting on my Ultimate DX Set, Strongest Blader Set, Death Quetz and Scythe Kronos, so I'm behind on parts, especially those of Scythe Kronos (after Cye's most recent post in the Competitive Combo's thread...)

I may sound selfish, but as for me, I have no pressure at all! This is because, I benefit from the tests you all do!
You all test it, while I repeat it around in my answers! Grin I am a parasite, living because of you all!
Sometimes, its good to not have many beys and a BB-10. Tongue_out LOL!
Then again, I do want more beys! Unhappy
LOL How about more like a symbiont? You certainly make the community better by passing along the humor and wisdom you acquire (regardless of the source) so we get something out of the relationship too, you know? Smile
Symbiont is certainly more appropriate. You underestimate how great your contribution to the community is, Jan.
Gasp Gasp Gasp
Whoa! That was quite unexpected. Tongue_out
Thanks, guys! Grin
And, if you see me in Random Thoughts, you may expect this-
I was thinking- (Tongue_out)
Most good beys which have been extremely useful currently, were either three sided, or almost circular...
Attack- Blitz, VariAres, Lightning(considering 3 contact points were covered), Hell(?)
Defense- Basalt, Death, Scythe, Phantom.
Stamina- Basalt, Scythe, Phantom, Hell.

Am I missing out something, or is this actually true?!