Beyblade Random Thoughts

It's a self KO + OHKO, I haven't got the wheel itself, but I know that is the reason the recoil has to be tamed, if not, then it just starts losing it. Taming the recoil could lead to many wins.:\
@ Hazel; Hope my RB won't wear out that fast, I am HORRIBLE at launch techniques.
@th!nk- Now I get a hang of it. I finally understood what's going on with you...
Your VariAres is funny...
Everyone knows that both, VariAres and Blitz are EXTREMELY HIGH on recoil... But Vari's weight + Rubber Bottom + MF reduces the effect of recoil...
Looks like VariAres doesn't like to be used by you. Tongue_out LOL!
But seriously, your VariAres is psycho...
How about trying a medium-power launch?
My calculations behind this suggestion-
1. VariAres can net a perfect KO at low spin rate...
2. Weak launches reduces the possibility of getting KOed. Refer to BeyWiki/Dan for more info.
3. Recoil is derived from Newton's 3rd law. So, if the force applied by VariAres would be less (less speed=less force), then less recoil. Cool

If this trick works, gradually increase your speed, and Voila! You are ready to dominate tourneys with Vari!. Smile
It doesn't KO much at low spin, honestly. I tried that too. It needs a good RPM, or its own recoil just stops it dead.

@Sum472: I've done every measure to reduce the recoil. No big difference.
OK, now that seriously confuses me. Your VariAres contradicts every statement which has given it top tier status.
VariAres has recoil, but not THAT much. It can certainly stop Basalt in its tracks...
Hey wait! Does your Basalt bend forward when making contact with VariAres, making the rubber part touch the floor? That kind of movement offers great Defense. I've seen Hell Kerbecs (uncustomized) block an extremely speedy LLD, and LLD stopped instantly. Then again, this is VariAres, that was LLD. This is Basalt, that was Hell Kerbecs. This is CS, that was DS...
VariAres shouldn't have problems even against such 'bending' beys...
You seriously live up to your name(username), don't you? I've never thought so much... Tongue_out
Does VariAres make contact near the tornado ridge? If yes, I think that may be the reason. I've observed that VariAres needs some room to move back after getting a powerful hit. If its near the stadium exits, it might as well leave the stadium...
Even if it is the fact something is "right" with my defense combo's, it does little to change the fact variares is flying out of the stadium after hits :\

Variares makes contact all over the stadium, doesn't make a big diff. Self KO's a little more at the ridge, but it's certainly not limited to the ridge.
Well I got same problem today...I wasn't even able to KO Basalt BD145 CS once...but that is more due to me launching with LL2 and L3R and also due to the fact that I played with it after almost a month. However I was able to KO that combo with Vari before not now...I am in a category similar to yours currently...because I am not getting expected results now...well just to make sure how is you RF/R2F because mine was a little slow before and at that time I got better results...now it somehow became fast and I cant get good results
I've tried basically every type of RF I have. And I have basically every type of RF :C

I honestly don't see how "more speed" will help it overcome it's recoil issues. More speed=more force in the collisions, and unless the opposing bey is launched weaker, nothing much will change, other than the distance the bey travels backwards from recoil (though I'm very inexperienced in physics, so I must be missing something, and at the least it is a very, very simplified explanation).
Then...since I dont stay as active now as before...please do tell me as soon as you find the solution..because you know my launching problem too Tongue_out so in case there is any other way to get better results do tell me or rather I'll ask you by PM...hope you get the soln. soon.

Not blading for 3 weeks is detrimental indeed...I almost forgot the sliding shoot in that time Tongue_out
I really want to see a bit-beat of an Alligator or Crocodile.

Ray Gil is such an exception because it really represents an old reptile..
(Nov. 20, 2011  5:31 PM)BeybladeStation Wrote: I really want to see a bit-beat of an Alligator or Crocodile.

Ray Gil is such an exception because it really represents an old reptile..

Trigator.
And if you meant facebolts, then Divine Chimera's face is crocodilian, but then also has those wings.
Jan you should make a VariAres guidebook. I'll see if I get a psycho Variares like you th!nk when I get mine, Maybe it is just the bladers spirit?[obvious sarcasam]
There is no difference between my variares and any other as far as I can tell. Weight seems to be the same, looks the same. I just don't get any decent performance out of it.
(Nov. 20, 2011  10:24 PM)th!nk Wrote: There is no difference between my variares and any other as far as I can tell. Weight seems to be the same, looks the same. I just don't get any decent performance out of it.

Hey you're not the only one. i have problems with my VariAres too but its probably from me not using it correctly. i have a lot of trouble using it in left spin. i always self KO's by flying out of the stadium. i've worked on launching weaker for more control but then it does not get the KO's i'm looking for
Uhm, I would like to do VariAres Top tier test against Basalt85RS. Like, which Vari combo is better. Does anyone want me to do that? I'll do CH120, H135 and R145.
Basalt 85RS is not top tier... you can post the results in the VariAres thread, but it's really not relevant...
Ohh ok Hazel...

Everytime I look at Death wheel in attack mode. it looks like Driger V2 MFB version lol.
Aesthetically, I prefer Attack Mode on Death. I was just disappointed(though not remotely surprised) to see it was noticably inferior for everything.
Man Hasbro had been very generous with aesthetically pleasing recolors/misc colored parts.

Clear wheel: Green Ketos
Metal wheel: Earth
Track: Dark green WA130
Tip: Dark green MS

Clear wheel: Dark Blue Orso
Metal wheel: Grand
Track: Blue DF145
Tip: Blue FS
(Nov. 20, 2011  10:37 PM)ShadowL-Drago Wrote:
(Nov. 20, 2011  10:24 PM)th!nk Wrote: There is no difference between my variares and any other as far as I can tell. Weight seems to be the same, looks the same. I just don't get any decent performance out of it.

Hey you're not the only one. i have problems with my VariAres too but its probably from me not using it correctly. i have a lot of trouble using it in left spin. i always self KO's by flying out of the stadium. i've worked on launching weaker for more control but then it does not get the KO's i'm looking for

Try launching it over a different area of the stadium, so it doesn't move straight to the exit.

In my case, I am using right spin, have plenty of control, just far too much recoil and too little power.
(Nov. 20, 2011  11:43 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Nov. 20, 2011  10:37 PM)ShadowL-Drago Wrote:

Try launching it over a different area of the stadium, so it doesn't move straight to the exit.

In my case, I am using right spin, have plenty of control, just far too much recoil and too little power.

I i have great control in right spin as well but as i stated before, left spin is another story. I will try that though, i have a feeling that launching in different areas will help.
Left-Spin -> Launch toward the left bank. Right-Spin -> Launch toward the right bank.
Beyblades move in a different direction in left spin to what they do in right spin. Hence a bey can fly out a nearby exit in one spin direction and not in the other. I'm honestly a bit tired to explain it fully, just give it a shot :3

Oh, and left spin does have less power in collisions, it's pushing a bey along, not smashing head-on. Not always a bad thing, not always a good thing.
(Nov. 21, 2011  12:33 AM)Hazel Wrote: Left-Spin -> Launch toward the left bank. Right-Spin -> Launch toward the right bank.

Okay yeah this.
Ah... I See i've been launching on the right bank the whole time. Well, i know what to do now! Thanks Hazel, Th!nk.
Just got $75 from my grandparents for 'Christmas' shopping Grin

*goes to buy Phantom Orion and SBS*