Beyblade Random Thoughts

? What the carp? I used Variares in a TRU tourney. Guess who took out three at once numerous times Grin Variares is easy to use, especially when uncustomized on F tip. THats why I dont like VAri customizing very much, it already can push out Basalt and Phantom!
(Nov. 19, 2011  12:24 PM)Uwik Wrote: Where I live, people have actually gotten extremely good with their defense/stamina hybrid beys. Plenty of extremely well primed CS that can outspin WDs / even few B: Ds. CS that can stall as fast as a mint XF. 7-8 minutes B: D that doesn't stay on center. 48+ grams Basalts, MBs with easy flower patterns, etc. That's why for us, it's actually safer to verse Basalt BD145 CS/MB with another stamina / defense combo, instead of attack combo. Biweekly local WBBA tournaments that prohibits the use of 4D beys, where Basalt still runs the metagame, really demands us to excel on stamina / defense types. Something that even VariAres RF still can not yield a perfect win ratio.

Sounds too good to be true Uwik! CS outspins WD? An 8 minute BGrin? Super heavy Basalts? Metal Ball gives a flower pattern?

Does the chairman of TakaraTomy have a summer home / research lab in your neighborhood or what?! Mind = blown. Smile
Galaxy Jay: Again, I only have trouble against MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS/MB. Everything else is basically fine, though I don't have Scythe Kronos Uncertain That said, apparently a lot of us have struggled with it sooo...
Also, recoil is less of an issue in hasbro stadia.
You were battling in a Hasbro stadium, Jay. F tips are good only for Hasbro stadiums. They suck in BB-10, and hence we use faster tips like- RF, R²F, LRF, etc. It makes things tougher to control, you know! Smile

@th!nk- Yes, I know that Blitz and Phantom are out there too. Smile
But, there's always some guilt for not being able to use the best attack wheel to date.
Think of this- You lose in a tourney where you used Blitz/Phantom for attack combos. Now, you'll always feel- "I lost because I couldn't use the best attack wheel."
I do not mean to indicate that you will lose a tourney in which Blitz/Phantom is used. Smile
I'll like to quote a PM conversation between me and Hazel-
Hazel Wrote:
Janstarblast Wrote:Hey Hazel, I once asked in Ask Q Get A that which is the better attacker- VariAres or Blitz?
Most of the people who answered my question, quoted(not literally 'quoting' a reply, they just said- "Hazel said that....") your explanation. But, it was a bit vague...
So may you yourself tell me which of these is better? And why is it considered better? Dual Spin/Versatility/Weight/etc.

Blitz is easier to use. However, Blitz also recoils harder due to lower mass, and thereby tends to also have less straight-up manliness going for it. VariAres is King Beefsteak - it's huge, mostly metal, and has two spin directions. Vari usually takes some getting used to, because it is hard to make it move as fast as it needs to, but once you get the hang of it, it will perform better First Time, Every Time.

I hope you do not mind me doing this, Hazel. Smile
Even though there is nothing about Phantom in there, the difference between VariAres and Blitz is brought out. Smile

EDIT- Eh? Why is Hazel looking like 'Haze' to me?! There is no typo... :\
Anybody notice that ES looks like a metal change core? Also, mine is agressive
Just to clarify, I use both Hasderp and Bb10 stadiums. The uncustomized is still pretty good, in my opinion.
ES usually gets aggressive for some reason. I've seen quite a many videos which show an aggro ES..
Yes, Jay. Smile
The combo would seem pretty good, but plastic tips lack the grip... And hence may self-KO at times. Also, different people get different results! Smile
(Nov. 19, 2011  2:45 PM)Galaxy Jay Wrote: Just to clarify, I use both Hasderp and Bb10 stadiums. The uncustomized is still pretty good, in my opinion.

HasBRO, brosky. Hasderp got dropped a long time ago. Tongue_out

Does anyone ever watch a lot of videos of a Beyblade after they order one? I've been doing that a lot lately, and VariAres is no exception. Smile
jan: Maybe, I lack a blitz to compare to. I've done all I can to maximise power, to the point where I'm getting far more self KO's than hits on Basalt, and even then it's not doing well enough. It has some small flashes of brilliance, but then so do a lot of combo's.

I wouldn't really regret it. I'm not the type to rely on a single combo, especially if it's not the best I could produce. Plus, Phantom and Variares are two very different wheels, largely because of the huge difference in stamina.

As for the hazel thing, there's a space before his name in your quote tag. I don't know why it reacts like that, but removing it fixes it.
@th!nk- Fixed!
Well, I'd certainly be disappointed, though! Tongue_out
I actually loved to see people face Sam's VariAres! They said- "If it touches, then I'm gone!"
And, it actually happened. It was a 'Touch and KO' battle every time!

Hazel said that "It takes less straight up manliness to use Blitz."
I say- "It takes more of straight up manliness to face a VariAres."

The difference! LOL!

Kaiba- Yes, I always did that. I actually watch videos of every bey I would love to own. Smile
VariAres, Basalt Horogium, Blitz Unicorno, Vulcan Horuseus, and of course Dragoon V2, are among the few beys which decorate my playlist. Smile
I can't get Blitz to work well against MF-H Basalt BD145CS , VariAres was easy to get used to but Blitz is messed up , maybe it is because of my launch? I don't really know but it is annoying the carp out of me.
Watching videos while waiting for the bey to arrive seems stupid but watching videos prior to ordering makes a lot of sense.
Maybe. The problem with major combo's is that most people will know how to counter them. Hence why something surprising is nice.

That said, I have little idea what I'd do to counter a good variares at a tourney. I've a couple of ideas floating around but it's hard to tell what works seeing as it could well only be because of my poor launch with vari.

Dracomageat: Watching them while waiting builds the excitement.

@RustyX D: Quite odd. I know Dan mentioned not having the least bit of trouble with Variares, though idk how he went with blitz. I wonder if some of us are launching somewhat differently to others in some way we haven't noticed, resulting in those differences... Hm.
For me, watching vids while-
Waiting for them to arrive- I get pumped up!
I wish to own a bey- I love to watch it!
After I own it- Hey! I have that! Tongue_out

Hehe! Lets see what you can do to take down VariAres. Also, the video for the VariAres wreckage in my tourney will be listed in Beyblade videos within a few seconds... My first video uploads! Eee
Mm, he got very unlucky with variares. If he can get hold of, and get the hang of a beylauncher LR, he should dominate that Earth combo (banking harder helped a little when I tried it).
The excess force I recommend during the launch is to get the proper pattern on Vari - if your Vari isn't flowering right, it's not going to be as effective agains MFHBasaltBD145CS.

You are having Daffy Duck-esque levels of success with this MW, th!nk. I hope you are aware of that.
Sadly, my Basalt BD145CS isn't particularly vulnerable to flower patterns. It just tornado stalls and then either dodges or KO's variares.

Painfully so, Hazel. :C
I can get it to do a decent flower pattern, I can launch hard, whatever, if it hits, it get's KO'd, or just fails to KO basalt. I'm using MF-H Variares R145RF, and CH120RF, and I've tried a normal metal face, my RF is prime, everything.

I honestly have no idea what the hell is going on.

After watching bb18libra's videos, I am 100% focused on MFB now. I want the DX set though. The launcher looks so smexy AND L Drago Guardian is such a beauty... Red, Silver, black my favorite colors... and Wing wheel looks smashy too. Off to Christmas list in the making for ® :P
(Nov. 19, 2011  4:38 PM)th!nk Wrote: Sadly, my Basalt BD145CS isn't particularly vulnerable to flower patterns. It just tornado stalls and then either dodges or KO's variares.

Painfully so, Hazel. :C
I can get it to do a decent flower pattern, I can launch hard, whatever, if it hits, it get's KO'd, or just fails to KO basalt. I'm using MF-H Variares R145RF, and CH120RF, and I've tried a normal metal face, my RF is prime, everything.

I honestly have no idea what the hell is going on.

Make a video.
This is kind of strange but when I Worn out my RF it just turned into a RB can someone explain this to me?
(Nov. 20, 2011  1:34 AM)xXAresXx Wrote: This is kind of strange but when I Worn out my RF it just turned into a RB can someone explain this to me?

The only explanation I have is that you have an RF that is the same color as your RB and you just picked up the wrong one. Otherwise, that ain't happening.

Btw, my attempts to write up the results of today's tournament are being hampered by the sounds of my little pony
That's normal for an RF. When worn down it loses all aggressive movement really.
Arupaeo
What does that have anything to do with Beyblade? Confused
(Nov. 19, 2011  10:30 PM)® Wrote: After watching bb18libra's videos, I am 100% focused on MFB now. I want the DX set though. The launcher looks so smexy AND L Drago Guardian is such a beauty... Red, Silver, black my favorite colors... and Wing wheel looks smashy too. Off to Christmas list in the making for ® Tongue_out

The Mars red Beylauncher LR looks better IMO.
I mainly want the DX set for Duo Uranus 230WD though.
But it all comes down to how good it is.
Couldn't get it for Christmas, Already getting like all the 4D starters minus Death Quetzacoatl 125RDF.
THE SONOKONG VERSIONS.
(Nov. 20, 2011  1:34 AM)xXAresXx Wrote: This is kind of strange but when I Worn out my RF it just turned into a RB can someone explain this to me?

If you're not great at Sliding Shoot, and ride the Tornado Ridge a lot, it will wear into a rounder shape faster. A good Sliding Shoot usage of the part will usually evenly wear the edges and the center over time, keeping it flatter - but it will still round off a bit.
(Nov. 19, 2011  10:34 PM)Dan Wrote: Make a video.

Not able to, can't get a decent setup and my room is a horrible mess.

TBH, I have no idea how the over-recoily, unreliable wheel that I call "VariAres" is the same as the god-wheel you guys call "VariAres". I've tried everything described to me, and can use any other attacker fine. Speechless

Honestly, if it weren't for those of you saying it was great, I'd discount it as a wheel with too much recoil to be useful for competitive play. I mean, heck it got rebound+recoil KO'd by Dark Cancer 100WB. Obviously it KO'd it every other time, but that aint no 100%.

Again, I realise how immature it is to basically chuck a tantrum and blame the wheel, but carp guys, I've given it more than enough chances. Even when it does KO, it always ends up teetering on the edge of the stadium (on the rare occasions it doesn't just go flying out), and if it's first hit isn't successful, not only does the recoil break it's movement pattern, but it lacks the power to do anything for the rest of the battle.