Beyblade Random Thoughts

OMG Everybody! Gasp Basalt is no longer OP in my book. A combo BETTER than Ch120. MF VariAresH145RF KILLED Mf/H Basalt85RS!!!!!! I'll bring test tmw after school. Grin
R145 does better than H145.

MF-H Basalt 85RS was not, to the best of my knowledge, a serious problem. It definitely isn't for me, anyway - and I'm terrible. Just... terrible.
(Nov. 18, 2011  3:08 AM)® Wrote: OMG Everybody! Gasp Basalt is no longer OP in my book. A combo BETTER than Ch120. MF VariAresH145RF KILLED Mf/H Basalt85RS!!!!!! I'll bring test tmw after school. Grin

IMO MF-H Scythe Bull/Cancer/Aquario 85 RS is much better than Basalt RS
Cyber Dranzer, Cyber Driger...i want to make lot of them to sell on ebay... Eee
the fan made by Roux's friend is incredibly awesome..my saliva would dripping..the coolest fan made beyblade ever..
(Nov. 18, 2011  5:41 AM)KaizerMFB Wrote: [Pink Galeon]
I want this...
Can't remember where but I recall seeing one for sale in the marketplace forums recently S:

Anyways, been playing around with new beys. As powerful as Variares is, I still get a low winrate versus MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS. Not that anything is wrong with that, it's basically the most powerful defense combo out, and a very, very good combo all-together, but it's still a shame. I guess it will be a bit better once I get an R145 that doesn't explode, but yeah. Hopefully I can pop out tomorrow and find a Rock Zuraffa or whatever.

Still, it kills basically everything else, including what I've tried so far with MF-H Basalt Kerbecs TH170WF, though I am yet to try weak launching (so far Variares has more trouble in right spin, as Basalt moves faster around the tornado ridge, but in left spin it KO's Basalt).

That said, I've had a lot of fun with the new MFB, so I guess I'm gonna drop the cash on the other new beys I've missed.

Keep in mind, th!nk, that VariAres is hard to use. It's not as idiotproof as Blitz is - once you get into the psychology of launching it hard enough, it will throw MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS out of the Stadium pretty consistently. I know other users who have had initial trouble with that combo using Vari, but once they got used to it, it was quite easy.
Hm. I dunno, I mean it does get some KO's, but a lot of the time it just flies out after hitting Basalt, no matter how hard I launch them. My CS is worn a bit now so it generally goes on the offensive, which is actually getting results, as long as variares doesn't hit it from behind (and even then, it's rare). Plus, using Variares in left spin just invites mind games with weak launches and such.

It's still the most powerful wheel I've seen, of course, but yeah. That said, considering that I guess I need to keep trying.

Oh, and on Basalt BD145, I find aquario works better than kerbecs on basalt for some reason, likely because BD145 oriented correctly already compensates the balance or whatever it is that kerbecs does for it.

EDIT: Launched harder. When it didn't self KO (a minority of the time), it still only got about 60-40, either being KO'd by basalt or missing it and being OS'd. Speechless That said, plenty of people are confident, so I guess I need more practice.
@th!nk- Well, its tough to get VariAres moving, and at the same time, its just as tough to keep it inside the stadium after you get it moving. In a recent tourney I attended, SAM10795 lost in the Finals as his VariAres self-KOed once, and was then OS in a similar fashion to yours. Was it against the amazing Basalt Aquario BD145CS? It will be shocking to hear that all of this happened against a mere Earth Eagle 105WD. LOL! Grin VariAres missed its attack several times, and did not net a perfect KO at low velocity (something it is known to do). SAM10795 is great at using VariAres, as I saw him play throughout the tourney. He usually got great OHKOs, 2HKOs, and if he failed to get one, VariAres netted a low spin velocity KO. I have a few videos, but they aren't really clear. My PC has gone slow since the past few weeks, and I am having problems to load pics/videos, etc.

Holy carp! I just realized that the Meteo MW is painted all over! All this while I was wondering why doesn't my wheel tarnish, even after using it so much... I was happy.
I kept from using the Barrage Mode, to avoid the gold paint from chipping (at least to some degree).
And now I observe, the silver parts (Assault version contact points) have been chipped off their paint!!!
I never thought that even the silver part (which actually looked like it was unpainted metal) would have paint...
I feel bad now. Unhappy
A lot of HWS wheels are coated in silver paint, actually.

th!nk, it's your sliding shoot, most likely. You need a very good one to get it right. Banking, straight launching, all that nonsense need not apply for general use. Slide or go home.
Well, mine moves as fast as any other attacker, but it's still just not doing it. I'm told to launch harder and practice, though, so I guess I will have to take some time to do so.
I mean, it's absolutely great against basically anything else (including MF-H Basalt Kerbecs TH170WF, though I'm yet to try weak launching), but Basalt BD145 seems to wall it for the most part :C
That said, we'll see how I go after practicing more I guess Tired

As for Earth Eagle 105WD, was Variares in left spin and Earth in right, with the latter weak launched or something? Either that or Sam has some terrible luck :C

And shame about meteo. I didn't notice the silver was painted but I don't use mine enough (and I don't really mind about chipping, the URS one is so much more attractive, so that's the one I keep fresh).
Hazel- Really? I never knew that... I've never seen an HWS wheel... Smile

(Nov. 18, 2011  5:08 PM)Hazel Wrote: Slide or go home.

LOL!

@th!nk- As per the movement pattern of Vari in my video, I think it was right spin. Smile
Tbh, I kinda hate recolored beys at times... No wonder I am willing to giveaway my Dragoon G Blue Recolor... So, I protect my original color beys more. Then again, I actually do not have many beys, so I am compelled to use all of 'em no matter what. Tongue_out
Hm, my slide shot has been fine before, but I never had to launch that powerfully regularly. Plus, it's still getting KO'd by Basalt BD145CS, which is moving quickly itself Tired
Well, so you mean to say that its due to the aggro CS, that Vari is losing??
Also, check my previous post. Edited it. Smile
Several people who thought they had MFB attackers mastered ran into a brick wall with VariAres.

Basically, you need to compensate your Sliding Shoot for the additional power you're going to need to crank into it. It will take practice. Cleaning your Stadium, and using Primed RF/R2F/LRF(why would you do this do not do this wasting a 20 dollar part on testing is silly) are other things that helped some folks with it.
Thinking about the balance and weight distribution of beyblades, it occurs to me that we really don't have an easy way to compare the relative "balancedness" of any particular combination.

Specifically there have been a lot of theories as to what configuration of BD145 or clear wheel can help to best "rebalance" Basalt. Even with a "normal" metal wheel, a lot of the beys have trilateral symmetry (or even more complicated symmetries) that defy any kind of fulcrum-based balance measurement from below the bey.

What I think might be useful is if someone could create a facebolt that has a perfectly centered eye-ring. We could then attach a string to the eye-ring and suspend each bey in the air. A protractor could then be used to measure the angle that they beyblade makes against horizontal, and that angle would be our relative measure of balance for a bey.

What do you think?
I think you just volunteered yourself to do that, Kevin.
@Jan/Hazel: The CS itself isn't particularly aggro, but put a basalt on it, especially with BD145, and it tornado stalls and stuff, so even if variares goes in a perfect flower pattern, basalt stands a good chance of hitting it from behind, smacking it out of the stadium.

I've been using a range of RF's, mainly prime :C

As for my stadium, probably needs a clean but I'm yet to work out how to get the rubber marks off it properly without damaging the surface Tired

Arupaeo: I recall someone (maybe you even IDK) doing something kinda similar. I'd considered such a thing myself but I'm not very good with that kinda thing, somewhat shaky hands. I agree with Hazel.
Eee No wonder VariAres threatens everyone. The opponent, and even the user... Tongue_out
Well, I actually mastered using my LF, the fastest moving attack tip I own as of now...
Not really a MAJOR achievement, as LF is useless, but it feels good when I actually see it perform a flower pattern, something most plastic tips fail to do. I have practiced enough to be able to throw away a Hell Kerbecs (uncustomized) out of the stadium with an uncustomized MLD. And believe me, the KOs are epic! Wink
Considering Hell Kerbecs is quite heavy for a light attacker light MLD, it feels so good to see those KOs!

EDIT- I am SO slow! Beaten by 3 posts!
Rubbing alcohol and a washcloth. Don't too scrub hard. You're not going to get the scuffs off, your goal is to pick up the residue left on the surface.
Don't even know if you can get that in Australia, and I'm pretty sure we have none in the house, though I'll have a look later/tomorrow. We get Methylated Spirits instead (to discourage poorer people from buying rubbing alcohol to drink. Instead, they buy methylated spirits and go blind/crazy, it's brilliant), and I forget if that's dangerous for plastics, and even then, it would also make my stadium stink.
Well, maybe use a bit of vodka then? It is sold in plastic bottles, so should be safe.

DISCLAIMER: Don't try this at home without a parent's permission!
Cleaning stadiums? Just use soap and water. Also, who is Kevin? Arupaeo is not Kevin.
Tried soap already, did nothing :C

Arupaeo: I'll look into it, but I don't think we have any cheap vodka around, and buying it to clean a stadium is a pain. Thanks, though Tongue_out