Beyblade Random Thoughts

As for me..in plastics..
Attack: speed + upper slope /smash point (where speed is 65% [more or less] of the attack)
Defence: never tried to make one..
as for me..attack is the safe option in plastics..XD

MFB..stamina goes like..zero recoil,round,smooth tips,and equally distributed weight..(mostly..yeah)

i always hope that TT release a MFB with great upper slope.. :V
Ben-Ben- Yes, that's true. But, if you use a slow moving attacker in plastics, you are better off not using an attacker at all! In MFB, we may still use tips which offer slower movement for attack. Not saying that MFB attackers are good when devoid of good speed, but just that they may be quite effective even on slow-moving bottoms. Smile
Actually, IMO attackers are either equally or more dominant in plastics than MFB, especially with uriel 2 tipped combo's.

The difference is in plastics they can afford to trade weight for speed to gain momentum, and it works very well. Plus, instead of blunt smash they are able to concentrate smash into points due to the sharper, pointier designs, and also execute true upper attack, which is somewhat more effective than plain upward smash (though, Upper Attack requires some smash to function properly, lifting a bey into the air does little unless you also push it outwards).

As for slow moving bottoms, there aren't really any good ones for attack in MFB either tbh.

You must remember that while MFB attack is powerful, MFB defense is also extremely powerful. They are heavier, have better stamina (and thus can expend more of that on grip tips, I mean, RS is basically seaborg 1's tip, but no one would call the latter top-tier), and are generally rounder/lower recoil (even covering a WD with plastic leaves notches and indentations ripe for a smash attacker to hook into, whereas MFB has Basalt, which is basically the concept of compacts taken to a ridiculous extreme.

Actually, that basically sums up MFB’s comparison to plastics. MFB (especially more recent releases, Hell kerbecs onwards) takes everything to wild extremes, and thus equally/more extreme parts must be produced to stay competitive. Honestly, to me it doesn’t seem like a really healthy metagame…

Benjohadi: Actually, upper attack in MFB is near impossible. they rotate far too quickly for anything to properly be made to run up a slope, all you would get is upward smash, and we already had a great wheel for that (lightning). It's not only the lack of plastic-on-plastic collisions that cause this, I've realised of late, but the power with which MFB make contact, everything flies off before it would have the chance to ride any slope. Upward smash is still very good, of course: Lightning dominated for ages and has always been at its best working an opponent from below (though it does have some horizontal smash, enough to get by, it has always been best on lower heights than it's opponents). Basically, you will always get smash before you get upper attack.

I really must update my guide post with this, because after having used plastics for so long, the idea and required conditions are much clearer now than they were then.
Thats true..Upper attack is quite impossible in MFB..

i loce plastics so much in attack terms..
i also realized that..even when the RPM is quite low..(moderate low)..Plastics attackers still have the chance to K.O.'ing' other beys..(especially on Gaia Dragoon V BB)..while MFB would never have a chance to do that once the RPM is very low...
i will definitely will host a lot of plastics once its in the beyrank..
@th!nk- Well, there we go again! Your knowledge about plastics is...... Gasp
Also, about existence of Upper in MFB-
Metal concentrated throughout the circumference of the bey creates too much of centrifugal force, in comparison to the plastic beys. To take it to the next level, TT also created Phantom, which actually has metal outside, and plastic inwards...
So, this accounts for their rather fast movement. But, even HMS had a similar fast movement....
HMS IMO, managed to execute upper attack, thanks to the little bit of plastic still seen upon the AR. No doubt, the slopes were well defined too...
I think MFBs are far too compact to provide a good slope... I think even Driger V2's SP was taller than certain MWs we have today... I'd like you to check this out, th!nk. Smile
Also, metal has got some physical property (I do not know what to call it) which doesn't let it 'hold' onto something... I know this is a bit vague, so I'll give an example-
Upon metal to metal contact, you won't see beys 'sticking' to each other. They'll move away pretty fast. But, the same doesn't apply for plastic to plastic, or metal to plastic contact. Hence, this kinda vague theory explains why HMS and plastic had upper attack, while MFB doesn't. Smile I also thought that if certain MW which are expected to perform Upper Attack are set on an extremely low track (it has to be lower than 85 too, I guess), and pitted against Hell Kerbecs BD145(Boost)___ (Insert tall tip here).
If this is done, and the Upper Attack MW gets underneath BD145, there might be hope for an Upper Attack....

Ben-Ben- You seem to forget Blitz and VariAres... Both perform neat KOs at low RPM. Smile
Obviously,Upper Attack does not exist in MFB,but I heard MR.ScoobyDooBedoo wrote a theory about that.Jan:-Lower than 85? Couldn't fit the face hah. The metal wheel,that at least have a little hope to upper Attack is Screw.th!nk:I owe you actually,if it wasn't for you,I have the chance of destroying my 0% warning level.Thanks anyway.
MFB,when it collides,it moves awAy fastly,maybe that's a reason MFB don't have Upper Attack
Vari ares..yes..(but seldom actually)..
but Blitz..so far..i never experienced any K.O. while in low RPM..

i get your idea Janstarblast..

not only bacause of too fast..metals particles are very compact and properly arranged..it causes the metals to rebounce while in collision..
while..plastics have the somewhat the ability "shock absorber"

sadly..the upper attack mentioned by SSJ is only under certain circumstances..BD145/R145/etc would diminished the hope of the only MFB upper attack..

but..i prefer upper attack that happen in contact of MW with MW or AR with AR..
(Nov. 13, 2011  2:54 PM)Whatzzer Wrote: Obviously,Upper Attack does not exist in MFB

Angry , INCORRECT.

it does actually exist, i myself posted videos proving that a beyblade can lift another beyblade. the thing is that it is rarer, and worse then both smash and upper smash.

also, about recoil making it so that upper will not happen: the wheel i used was midnight, AKA the god of recoil, yet i was able to experience the lift in upper attack from it

and about no wheels with good slopes? midnight's slopes are the same angle as upper dragon's
Yeah, same thread I posted mine in. His was very much "food for thought". Mine was probably more relevant in times where people claim upper attack does exist, but I'm ever so slightly biased.

And yeah, the greater rotation speed they collide with basically means there's too much force for more than an instants contact, so they are hit by the angle of the wheel, rather than riding the slope.

Hms is interesting, but they do have plastic in most places dampening the recoil iirc. That said, lld's plastic doesn't. They are a sticking point that I struggle to resolve as I have none to try.
(Nov. 13, 2011  3:42 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Clearly you have never really played Battle Strikers. I realise that this is a Beyblade Random Thoughts topic, but Battle Strikers is a game, for me, that requires the most skill out of spinning tops. While launching technique basically does nothing, everything else after that relies entirely on skills and strategies, whereas the moment you stop launching a Beyblade, it relies on absolutely no skill or anything, just physics and luck. Also, I can still maintain a personal high win-rate no matter what parts I use, although that high, flat tip was so-so...

Maybe they work differently in their strange flat stadiums but in beystadiums the magnets do literally nothing to them unless you get the top stuck on your finger. As such there was no strategy at all.

(Nov. 13, 2011  3:42 AM)Kai-V Wrote: If you are referring to the first, plastic series of Battle Strikers, forget those : they were absolute bull defecation, and even Brad will agree.

I forgot about those. They were utter rubbish.
Of course why would you use Battle Strikers in something other than a Battle Strikers stadium ?
(Nov. 13, 2011  3:02 PM)th!nk Wrote: Yeah, same thread I posted mine in. His was very much "food for thought". Mine was probably more relevant in times where people claim upper attack does exist, but I'm ever so slightly biased.

And yeah, the greater rotation speed they collide with basically means there's too much force for more than an instants contact, so they are hit by the angle of the wheel, rather than riding the slope.

i just get angry when people say it doesn't exists when they do not look at all the facts...

IMO for left spin (upper) vs right spin (defence/stamina), more rotation is needed for the left spin to get that lift, it you have the same spin, the defence combo will get distablized at the best (looks at original L-Drago)
@ lord wolfblade: you must admit though the situation was heavily biased to produce that. In proper competitive mfb there is no upper attack.

Oh, it's probably notable that when facing plastics, beat and midnight produce attacks that would appear to be upper attack....
There's opposite spin upper attack in plastics, wolfblade.

Lld uses upward smash as a primary attack method though.
Oh, and that post was a reply to whatzzer, this post was the first time I saw yours.
(Nov. 13, 2011  3:14 PM)th!nk Wrote: @ lord wolfblade: you must admit though the situation was heavily biased to produce that. In proper competitive mfb there is no upper attack.

not really, last year (when everyone used earth 145WD), i am sure that midnight would be able to do some upper attack if i could get my flower pastern done right. but left spin upper, no way that would work, especially since Metal flat wasn't released yet.

i always say that upper does exist in MFB, but it is just super rare and worse in power compared to upper smash and smash. and now with heavy combos (using wheels such as basalt). upper will not work at all

like i said: upper does exist, but it is so rare and useless
Again, left spin upper occurs in Plastics.

It exists, but not in any practical form, basically.

(Nov. 13, 2011  3:38 PM)th!nk Wrote: Again, left spin upper occurs in Plastics.

i do know that already... i have known it for a long time.

(Nov. 13, 2011  3:02 PM)th!nk Wrote: Yeah, same thread I posted mine in. His was very much "food for thought". Mine was probably more relevant in times where people claim upper attack does exist, but I'm ever so slightly biased.

Hms is interesting, but they do have plastic in most places dampening the recoil iirc. That said, lld's plastic doesn't. They are a sticking point that I struggle to resolve as I have none to try.

Seriously. This theory goes SO deep into Physics, that we would acclaim a Nobel Prize if we resolve this mystery...
It is too tough to understand why HMS had it, and MFB doesn't. It is a debate which will never conclude.
lord Wolfblade- Extreme rarity of Upper Attack in MFB?! That's true to some point, but I think Upper Attack died down soon afterwards, as people kinda never got it right...... Unhappy
(Nov. 13, 2011  3:10 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Of course why would you use Battle Strikers in something other than a Battle Strikers stadium ?

Because I'm too much of a cheapskate to fork out three quid for flat piece of plastic when I have three rounded ones already?
Use a table or something instead? The choice of surface is almost certainly the reason you found the magnets so ineffectual.

To be honest, I'd have given them a shot had they lasted longer than they did Speechless
jan, well, they're still lighter and there was plastic.

But hey if anyone feels like a research grant of a top-tier upper and a top tier defense hms combo, plus whatever launchers I'd need, I'd happily set aside my laziness and solve it Wink

That said, as I said, a few mwb wheels seem to show upper attack against plastics. Someone remind me to test virgo like that in, like, 8-15 hours.
(Nov. 13, 2011  4:25 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: lord Wolfblade- Extreme rarity of Upper Attack in MFB?! That's true to some point, but I think Upper Attack died down soon afterwards, as people kinda never got it right...... Unhappy

it is not really just that

firstly, the best upper attack wheel that i used, midnight, is useless.
second, upper attack was discovered after basalt BD145 was discovered, and no upper MFB beyblade can lift it

upper is there, it is just rare due to only a few wheels can do it, and useless as it can not lift combos that we use now
(Nov. 13, 2011  8:38 PM)th!nk Wrote: That said, as I said, a few mwb wheels seem to show upper attack against plastics. Someone remind me to test virgo like that in, like, 8-15 hours.

I can name many wheels which can lift plastics. If you remember, even I posted a result in the same thread in which lord Wolfblade posted. I had managed to lift plastics with Storm and Lightning(surprising, eh?). Simply every wheel which bears a slope will perform a great upper, because plastics are too light for MFB.... You'll also see some great Uppers when trying HMS VS. Plastics. I dunno why, but the weight seems to play a vital role for Upper Attack... I think Upper is 60% dependent on slopes, while 40% dependent on weight...
I also once said that EG beys were more easier to lift than V-Force or 1st season beys. Smile
G revolution/EG beyblades (for being too tall) and first series are pretty easy..the one with SP part would be a trouble to lift..XD
Yes, I guess that's the reason...
I was always surprised to see an EG bey get lifted by a tiny MFB...
I always considered EG beys to be bulky and heavy, thanks to all that mechanism + an extremely heavy-looking design...
Also, the funniest thing was my attempt to lift Driger V (it was the first time I had used my Driger V then, as I expect to sell it). Considering Driger V has a magnacore, and I have the amazing MagneStadium, I loved to do the test. I had placed magnets right at the center, as Driger would ultimately move to the center of the stadium, as its a stamina type. Of course, lifting this bey was next to impossible. The magnetic attraction hardly allowed any room for an Upper. My (and also my friend's) MFBs actually ended up being 'Force Smashed!' It was seriously epic to watch! Grin
I'm gonna have to start doing some Re-Test for Gravity and Lightning. Around my Block, once VariAres and Blitz came in, those two got left alone like a child at a bus top. IMO, I don't see any proficient Gravity or Lightning users anymore, only a few. So probably a week or 2 I'll put up some Comparitive Tests between the Four.
That's because both Variares and Blitz have already been shown to be better than lightning and gravity in other's testing. They can both KO Basalt BD145CS etc with relative ease apparently, unlike lightning and gravity.