Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Oct. 13, 2011  1:46 AM)DFB3636 Wrote: I got my Twisted Tempo! I has a happy!

you may have been happy, but I was so happy, I was squealing like a little schoolgirl when her crush asks her out, just because I got a flame byxis for 5 dollars at my local store ( true story )
(Oct. 12, 2011  8:02 AM)Hazel Wrote:
(Oct. 12, 2011  7:59 AM)Hero Wrote: Thanks so much for that explanation, hahaha.

I see how you see them moving but ... It's still a solid. Your sword explanation was a good try, but think about it. You don't pound a sword for weeks against a rock (lol), you usually apply heat to it before or during the pounding process. I doubt anyone plays their beyblade next to a fireplace, you would risk melting your stadium, having your bey KO'd into the fireplace, etc. Last time I had an extremely long and exciting bey session the bey wasn't heated up or smoking afterwords.

If metal didn't shift, deform, and fracture on a structural/molecular level, it would be completely indestructible through any means but heating or extreme cold.

If the impact is significant enough, heat does not need to be applied in order for structural deformity to occur within the metal.
The bolded text above is the key statement here, and I have to tell you that beyblades banging into each other isn't even close to being "significant enough" to deform a basalt wheel in the way that Uwik is describing. Try to imagine something closer to a train running over a penny (pence, shekel, whatever) on a train track, or the final scene from The Terminator when he gets smashed by the industrial press. I'm talking tens of thousands of PSI here...
(Oct. 13, 2011  3:12 AM)Arupaeo Wrote:
(Oct. 12, 2011  8:02 AM)Hazel Wrote:
(Oct. 12, 2011  7:59 AM)Hero Wrote: Thanks so much for that explanation, hahaha.

I see how you see them moving but ... It's still a solid. Your sword explanation was a good try, but think about it. You don't pound a sword for weeks against a rock (lol), you usually apply heat to it before or during the pounding process. I doubt anyone plays their beyblade next to a fireplace, you would risk melting your stadium, having your bey KO'd into the fireplace, etc. Last time I had an extremely long and exciting bey session the bey wasn't heated up or smoking afterwords.

If metal didn't shift, deform, and fracture on a structural/molecular level, it would be completely indestructible through any means but heating or extreme cold.

If the impact is significant enough, heat does not need to be applied in order for structural deformity to occur within the metal.
The bolded text above is the key statement here, and I have to tell you that beyblades banging into each other isn't even close to being "significant enough" to deform a basalt wheel in the way that Uwik is describing. Try to imagine something closer to a train running over a penny (pence, shekel, whatever) on a train track, or the final scene from The Terminator when he gets smashed by the industrial press. I'm talking tens of thousands of PSI here...

Actually, Arupaeo, I'd like to indicate that it doesn't actually take nearly that much for the comparatively weak metal alloy that Beyblades are made of - it's an iron blend, iirc, that is not nearly pure enough to withstand a heavy beating. I do agree with most of what you've said, but a simple thousand PSI would run a huge risk of breaking most MFB MWs, I believe.

There is going to be some surface deformation, and over time, probably some internal deformation, but on an extremely minor scale. What Uwik is describing is more likely to be some Godlike accident of nature during creation, wherein the Beyblade is simply "perfect" as soon as the metal cools. Something statistically improbable, but not impossible.
(Oct. 13, 2011  5:05 AM)Hazel Wrote: What Uwik is describing is more likely to be some Godlike accident of nature during creation, wherein the Beyblade is simply "perfect" as soon as the metal cools. Something statistically improbable, but not impossible.

That is called Heat-treating
(Oct. 13, 2011  5:33 AM)gibsonmac Wrote:
(Oct. 13, 2011  5:05 AM)Hazel Wrote: What Uwik is describing is more likely to be some Godlike accident of nature during creation, wherein the Beyblade is simply "perfect" as soon as the metal cools. Something statistically improbable, but not impossible.

That is called Heat-treating

When it's deliberate, yes. I am specifically talking about the metal arranging itself in a particularly beneficial way - as has happened in extremely few rare cases - during the cooling process, through an accident of nature. If it were an active heat-treating process all of them underwent in order to achieve this level of success, it would be a smashing failure - only extremely few Basalt wheels seem to demonstrate these odd properties.

Inconsistencies are bound to happen given the nature of cooling metal being something that is difficult to control on a mass-production level to the extent we'd like it to be controlled. Still neat when a miracle wheel or two makes it out, though.
(Oct. 13, 2011  1:46 AM)DFB3636 Wrote: I got my Twisted Tempo! I has a happy!

Um, isnt that supposted to be in "Resent Purchases"?
i have no idea if i should be posting this here or if someone else has posted it or something i might have done wrong, but i was looking around the takara tomy website and found this page: https://my.takaratomy-business-service.c.../beyblade/ it starts off with b-daman stuff but as you scroll down you find a new fang leone booster and some new packs of recommended parts for big bang pegasis and phantom orion, and they look like the best part boosters for MFB yet.
(Oct. 13, 2011  7:50 AM)Giraton Wrote: i have no idea if i should be posting this here or if someone else has posted it or something i might have done wrong, but i was looking around the takara tomy website and found this page: https://my.takaratomy-business-service.c.../beyblade/ it starts off with b-daman stuff but as you scroll down you find a new fang leone booster and some new packs of recommended parts for big bang pegasis and phantom orion, and they look like the best part boosters for MFB yet.

That Fang Leone and those Remodel Sets have already been discovered - quite a while ago, in point of fact, and numerous people here own them already.
i thought somebody would have found them, i just haven't seen anything of it so i thought i would try my luck at contributing.
(Oct. 13, 2011  7:53 AM)Giraton Wrote: i thought somebody would have found them, i just haven't seen anything of it so i thought i would try my luck at contributing.

New discoveries are posted in http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-BEYBLADE...ters-HOBBY this thread, not the one you posted it in. Search that thread for new releases before posting your own if you're not sure, in the future.
Old series=207 Type Products (Excluding limited edit., RBs, etc)
MFB=120 (Excluding limited edit., RBs, etc)
I think its a waste to use painted metal wheels, they look so epic.I wish theres a replacement for every painted metal wheel especially Sol.I do have Galaxy Vulcan Hell and Nightmare as a replacement but i badly want Gravity ><.
Arupaeo: exactly what Hazel said. It does not take that much to deform a metal wheel. Imagine you playing on a table, and your bey falls on the concrete only 1 meter below. Your bey will have physical deformity. Perhaps just superficial, but it happens. Do look at your wheels (basalt is the perfect example for this, since its thick, and the vertical shape on the side), notice how it has many flat dents, usually small and circular in shape. So, unless, you are suggesting that all the bladers have laid they beys in front of a moving freight train at one point, those used and indented marks should not even be there.
(Oct. 13, 2011  8:07 AM)Uwik Wrote: Arupaeo: exactly what Hazel said. It does not take that much to deform a metal wheel. Imagine you playing on a table, and your bey falls on the concrete only 1 meter below. Your bey will have physical deformity. Perhaps just superficial, but it happens. Do look at your wheels (basalt is the perfect example for this, since its thick, and the vertical shape on the side), notice how it has many flat dents, usually small and circular in shape. So, unless, you are suggesting that all the bladers have laid they beys in front of a moving freight train at one point, those used and indented marks should not even be there.

I believe he was under the impression you were discussing serious internal deformity, though, rather than simple external deformity.
I JUST LOOKED AT THE GRAND CETUS FACE OFF and wow a blue wd145 a sickly green cetus cant hasbro make their dowble packs look vaguly good
(Oct. 13, 2011  8:15 AM)njrk97 Wrote: I JUST LOOKED AT THE GRAND CETUS FACE OFF and wow a blue wd145 a sickly green cetus cant hasbro make their dowble packs look vaguly good

I rather like the face-off Cetus recolor, actually. It's one of my favorite colors. A blue WD145 is nice, too, even if it is a useless color. Green RS is exceptional!
Yeah, i get that. Just so that we're clear, do you guys agree that for ANY deformity to occur, there MUST be some deformity occuring on the inside (molecularly) also to accommodate the new 'deformed' shape?
Say i never saw beyblades out of Japan looks like.(I live in Japan)
Whats it like?I hear lots of unhappy comments about it
(Oct. 13, 2011  8:20 AM)Uwik Wrote: Yeah, i get that. Just so that we're clear, do you guys agree that for ANY deformity to occur, there MUST be some deformity occuring on the inside (molecularly) also to accommodate the new 'deformed' shape?

Well anyone that doesn't is kind of ignoring the basic laws of physics; something cannot be compressed inward without taking up inward space. Even if it's only slightly flattening a milimeter wide section of metal, there's still quite a lot of compression that had to go on behind the flattened section.
Here's one thing.
The packaging sucks. The plastic. Boxes FTW!
Now my question.
Do you see many old beyblades (Dragoon) around?
Nope, not any.
(Oct. 13, 2011  5:05 PM)Soldier-F3AR Wrote: Are Sonokong going to release all these at once?

http://beyblade.sonokong.co.kr/goods/gds_list.asp

Yes, it was mentioned several days ago.
(Oct. 13, 2011  8:25 AM)Hazel Wrote:
(Oct. 13, 2011  8:20 AM)Uwik Wrote: Yeah, i get that. Just so that we're clear, do you guys agree that for ANY deformity to occur, there MUST be some deformity occuring on the inside (molecularly) also to accommodate the new 'deformed' shape?

Well anyone that doesn't is kind of ignoring the basic laws of physics; something cannot be compressed inward without taking up inward space. Even if it's only slightly flattening a milimeter wide section of metal, there's still quite a lot of compression that had to go on behind the flattened section.

Either the material on the sides of the compressed area buckled outward, or some other topological change happened, but the density of the metal doesn't change.

This isn't really a molecular change either. While some of the bonds between metalic crystals are broken to allow for the plastic deformation, it is really just a change in shape as metals are malleable.
OK, so I was messing around with my beys, and I did this Beyblade Marble Stadium thing and one of these big marbles I had fit into my old plastic beyblade launcher!!!
So I tested it out by using one of my old launchers and one of my old left spin beylaunchers and sent out the marbles! It worked! It was hilarious, one was heavy and was like a defense type and one like a attack that was lighter!
So I decided to do a "beymarble " vs beyblade battle, I got my Dark Bull and sent it out! and the marble got it and Dark Bull got a instant stadium out KO O.O I was like "WWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA" lol
The Beyblade now usually wins, or loses by stop spinning, but I was so surprised the first time when is instant KO'ed Dark Bull!!!!!