Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Aug. 06, 2011  3:53 PM)Nwolf Wrote: im just wondering, why has my wolborg never lost? i just got my new burning kerberous, torch pegasus, metal draciel crystal version i think it is, and for some reason it never loses, must be blader spirit, bit miffed though cause i can never seem to win, i mean is a phantom force wolborg like on steroids or something?

Well, Wolborg was quite a powerful bey, you know! Smile You need skill to be able to defeat it. Tongue_out Actually, I have easily killed Wolborg with some powerful sliding shots. Use an attack type, slide shoot, bye bye Wolborg! Smile But yes, it doesn't happen every time...

EDIT-
@th!nk- Oh! Its been so long since I saw you!
Well, you're correct. Recoil is not something that can be done independently. According to Newton's 3rd law, every action has a reaction of equal magnitude. So, recoil can't be produced as an action(which is why 'having recoil' is scientifically wrong), it is the reaction part(why I think its OK to say 'produce recoil') of this law.
Well, I make these mistakes even after knowing these things...
(Aug. 06, 2011  3:55 PM)Ray Unicorno. Wrote: Because you have no good combos?

i'm pretty sure burning kerberous is good Tired

anyway its not just me its other people that come round like my friends and we play like friendlies, people even started recording it to see if i cheated...
(Aug. 06, 2011  3:57 PM)Janstarblast Wrote:
(Aug. 06, 2011  3:53 PM)Nwolf Wrote: im just wondering, why has my wolborg never lost? i just got my new burning kerberous, torch pegasus, metal draciel crystal version i think it is, and for some reason it never loses, must be blader spirit, bit miffed though cause i can never seem to win, i mean is a phantom force wolborg like on steroids or something?

Well, Wolborg was quite a powerful bey, you know! Smile You need skill to be able to defeat it. Tongue_out Actually, I have easily killed Wolborg with some powerful sliding shots. Use an attack type, slide shoot, bye bye Wolborg! Smile But yes, it doesn't happen every time...

I guess it must be my skill with it as its my first bey, i mean other people do win with it but not all the time, and very rarely 9this is when i'm using my torch pegasus)
I'm pretty sure Burning Kerberous isn't good uncustomized...
I don't know where you read that, yes the AR is useless, however the base and bottom are useful
Well Nwolf it's because in beyblade there's something called a combo. If you learned how to customize your parts into a good combo then Wolborg which is a strong bey uncustomised will be beaten.
(Aug. 06, 2011  4:08 PM)Nwolf Wrote: I don't know where you read that, yes the AR is useless, however the base and bottom are useful

Aah, the AR is probably the most important part fro KOing a stamina bey, you know...
Burning Kerberous itself, is a Stamina type because of its Bearing base(forgot the name). But, Wolborg is better, so of course, it HAS to win...
As Ultra said, you need a combo. Wolborg can be defeated...
And this also means your friends:
a) use bad combos
b) use bad uncustomized beys
c) do not know how to launch a beyblade
(Aug. 06, 2011  4:35 PM)Janstarblast Wrote:
(Aug. 06, 2011  4:08 PM)Nwolf Wrote: I don't know where you read that, yes the AR is useless, however the base and bottom are useful

Aah, the AR is probably the most important part fro KOing a stamina bey, you know...
Burning Kerberous itself, is a Stamina type because of its Bearing base(forgot the name). But, Wolborg is better, so of course, it HAS to win...

He was talking about the AR of Burning Kerberous which is useless. BK's bearing core has two bearings so you would expect it to have more stamina actually.
(Aug. 06, 2011  5:30 PM)Ultrablader Wrote:

He was talking about the AR of Burning Kerberous which is useless. BK's bearing core has two bearings so you would expect it to have more stamina actually.

Yes, that's why I said that an AR is the most important! If the AR is useless, so is the bey! Smile
(Aug. 06, 2011  4:35 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: If the AR is useless, so is the bey! Smile

not true. Useless is quite strong not as good yes but not useless dranzer s uncustomised is class, yet the ar is quite seless. It can be improved though
It may sound rude of me, but I don't like the format of the MFB top tier list.

Here's an example:

For defense, the first combo is MF/MF-H Basalt Bull/Kerbecs/Aquario 230/BD145/GB145 RS/RSF/CS.

So. To me, that's like saying that 230 or BD145 gives the same defensive properties. Or those three bottoms all have the same amount of defense and stamina. If a combo that has all parts that the first defense combo has, beats another combo that is also using only parts from that first defense combo, then its completely innacurate and misleading. CS is used completely different from RS, and is beaten differently, so they dont belong together. 230 also stinks with RS or RSF compared to using 230 with cs, or Bd145 with RS/RSF.

I understand though that it's just listing the good parts for that wheel, but I don't think it fits that way.

I think that the best way (Which may prove to be more difficult, or maybe even easier) to organize it would be like this:

MF/MF-H Basalt Bull/Kerbecs/Aquario 230 CS

MF/MF-H Basalt Bull/Kerbecs/Aquario BD145 RS/RSF
You could even give a short description about how these two are different from using CS on BD145

MF/MF-H Basalt Bull/Kerbecs/Aquario BD145 CS

It seems like doing more work, but it may clear things up and give more direction. It's like that throughout the top tier list, not just that one combo.
I wish that there was a Sparkle Dranzer MS. That would be beast. Based off off Kai vs. Brooklyn of course.
(Aug. 06, 2011  8:33 PM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: It may sound rude of me, but I don't like the format of the MFB top tier list.

Here's an example:

For defense, the first combo is MF/MF-H Basalt Bull/Kerbecs/Aquario 230/BD145/GB145 RS/RSF/CS.

So. To me, that's like saying that 230 or BD145 gives the same defensive properties. Or those three bottoms all have the same amount of defense and stamina. If a combo that has all parts that the first defense combo has, beats another combo that is also using only parts from that first defense combo, then its completely innacurate and misleading. CS is used completely different from RS, and is beaten differently, so they dont belong together. 230 also stinks with RS or RSF compared to using 230 with cs, or Bd145 with RS/RSF.

I understand though that it's just listing the good parts for that wheel, but I don't think it fits that way.

I think that the best way (Which may prove to be more difficult, or maybe even easier) to organize it would be like this:

You could even give a short description about how these two are different from using CS on BD145

It seems like doing more work, but it may clear things up and give more direction. It's like that throughout the top tier list, not just that one combo.

Nah, this is a really valid point. I also agree that only certain combinations of parts are top-tier, so having them in their current format is very ambiguous.
(Aug. 06, 2011  6:01 PM)Janstarblast Wrote:

Yes, that's why I said that an AR is the most important! If the AR is useless, so is the bey! Smile

that's a very stupid and untrue statement... Wolborg and most of the bearing core beys have terrible ARs but they're brilliant beys. Most plastic beys only have one good part in them.
(Aug. 06, 2011  8:33 PM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: It may sound rude of me, but I don't like the format of the MFB top tier list.

Here's an example:

Clearly you don't understand the point of it. The point of it is to tell people how good parts are in each type when compared to each other as a resource for members to use. It was never my intention for members to just take the parts and put them together to make combos since it's not geared to do that at all. That's the aim of the top tier list. I don't find your comment rude, it's a common misconception. Despite the fact that I put an explanation of exactly this in the OP of the thread Pinching_eyes
No, I mean the competitive MFB combos topic. The one in the advanced forum.

Sorry if you thought that was towards your topic, haha.

Apparently it doesn't, though two bearings make it harder to ko.

(Aug. 06, 2011  8:01 PM)poseidon Wrote:
(Aug. 06, 2011  4:35 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: If the AR is useless, so is the bey! Smile

not true. Useless is quite strong not as good yes but not useless dranzer s uncustomised is class, yet the ar is quite seless. It can be improved though

The AR is great for smash. Not the best, but it certainly isn't useless...

@Nwolf: for carps sake customise or gtfo.
I'm amped the carp UP! I haven't bladed in awhile, but thanks to this Summer Spin Showdown, I can't wait to go to ToyWiz Next Week. Time to Train!
really want them to release a dorado (goldfish) bey...
They might release one soon..if they run out of the other remaining constellations' names as did happen when I wanted a Lyra bey XD
(Aug. 06, 2011  4:25 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: Well Nwolf it's because in beyblade there's something called a combo. If you learned how to customize your parts into a good combo then Wolborg which is a strong bey uncustomised will be beaten.

I may not have any good combos but i do have master dragoon, and my friend has a dragoon MSUV, perhaps its the way i launch it? like a stronger launch?
ooh awesome my package just arrived! its my samurai changer and my slash riger!!!!!!! awesome can't wait to play with them, my first ever HMS beys!
(Aug. 07, 2011  12:27 AM)th!nk Wrote:

Apparently it doesn't, though two bearings make it harder to ko.

(Aug. 06, 2011  8:01 PM)poseidon Wrote:

The AR is great for smash. Not the best, but it certainly isn't useless...

@Nwolf: for carps sake customise or gtfo.

tbh i dont like it i cant take the ar of my dranzer s si its completely uncustomised and personally its not all that good but i do have a spare spiral base and i put seaborgs ar on
(Aug. 06, 2011  11:22 PM)Taiwo Seigi Wrote: I wish that there was a Sparkle Dranzer MS. That would be beast. Based off off Kai vs. Brooklyn of course.

dranzer ms cant get any better with black dranzer ms Wink
(Aug. 07, 2011  10:00 AM)Nwolf Wrote:
(Aug. 06, 2011  4:25 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: Well Nwolf it's because in beyblade there's something called a combo. If you learned how to customize your parts into a good combo then Wolborg which is a strong bey uncustomised will be beaten.

I may not have any good combos but i do have master dragoon, and my friend has a dragoon MSUV, perhaps its the way i launch it? like a stronger launch?
ooh awesome my package just arrived! its my samurai changer and my slash riger!!!!!!! awesome can't wait to play with them, my first ever HMS beys!

If you use sliding shoot with Master dragoon it should be able to win.
ok, i'll try it! thanks for the info ultra, also is torch pegasus able to beat it because of its core or is it an average bey? cause i play alot with torch pegasus and i really think its pretty good anyway theres a plastic torunament going on down my road at this giant place that has like a big bowl this guy made, like the ones in the TV series, and its epic to play in, the biggest amount of beys you can put in it is like 20 beys at a time! it rocks!
Torch Pegasus is really more of a gimmick bey than a proper battling bey.
hhm, good point, i find it good in some ways. aka if you can manage to work out how to use the core better, you know as its the gyro core, the only thing is is that the core could make it worse because its a gyro core.