Beyblade Random Thoughts

as a fan of not only beyblading but paleontology im happy to see the little slip in TT gave when putting Nightmare rex into the strongest blader set. UW145 Is a track belonging to beaofowl yes? well I think its nifty they put it in with Rex, why? well Dinosaurs happen to be ancestors of birds so i thought that was just something i wanted to share.
(Aug. 06, 2011  9:26 AM)Clonetos Wrote: as a fan of not only beyblading but paleontology im happy to see the little slip in TT gave when putting Nightmare rex into the strongest blader set. UW145 Is a track belonging to beaofowl yes? well I think its nifty they put it in with Rex, why? well Dinosaurs happen to be ancestors of birds so i thought that was just something i wanted to share.

Yup! UW145 belongs to Beafowl.
Well, about Jade Jupiter, I am sorry but even I don't like its looks. No problem with that color, though. I think that Lavender-ish color is cool! But, Jade Jupiter wouldn't go into my 'best looking' beys list. I do not like Jupiter's shape, but I do understand that its for the metal balls to move freely. Still, I will agree to the fact that I just might start liking it. Looking at it, I feel that it looks bad, but as I take a closer look(get more pics) I might like its look! So, the contents of this post might change. So if I suddenly pop up and say 'I love Jade Jupiter' don't be surprised.
Same goes to me Janstarblast.Although I don't like the colours a bit,the face looks cool!I want it as my face collection on WBO.
I like it though..it looks good..at least the CW does to me..because of the lavender being one of my favourite colors(it reminds me of my first bey)
hhhm, how come most of the old school beyblades have better gimmicks? i mean they're made by the same people, but the MFB beyblade gimmmicks don't seem to be as good as the old ones, like when i was blading with my phantom fox against my jumping driger and phantom force wolborg, it was just a thought i had...
Because it's made out of plastic.You can't do that with metal wheels easily.It will also cost a lot.Whadaya expect?A Storm Pegasus able to split to two beys?
(Aug. 06, 2011  10:30 AM)Nwolf Wrote: hhhm, how come most of the old school beyblades have better gimmicks? i mean they're made by the same people, but the MFB beyblade gimmmicks don't seem to be as good as the old ones, like when i was blading with my phantom fox against my jumping driger and phantom force wolborg, it was just a thought i had...

Yeah, but they're kind of trying to redo that with MFB. You know, the 4D Beyblades. Jade Jupiter and Scythe Kronos are good examples.
yea but just the general idea seems to be not as good, most of the gimmicks so far aren't actually any good, with exceptions of course, also i didn't mean the metal wheel i meant the plastic parts as that seems to be the general idea, also a storm pegasus which splits in two wouldn't concern the metal wheel, it would just have another bey part on the bottom
Redoing them would make MFB far more expensive.That's why,they don't have much beys that has lots of gimmick.It would cost costly and then make MFB an expensive hobby.
i don't think cost is the problem, i mean they manged to do it with all other types of beys, and they made a profit, its the ratio of how much they pay for the material of the gimmicks, and how many people buy it, and with the rate of people buying beys they make a nice little profit
(Aug. 06, 2011  10:58 AM)iBeyblader Wrote:
(Aug. 06, 2011  10:30 AM)Nwolf Wrote: hhhm, how come most of the old school beyblades have better gimmicks? i mean they're made by the same people, but the MFB beyblade gimmmicks don't seem to be as good as the old ones, like when i was blading with my phantom fox against my jumping driger and phantom force wolborg, it was just a thought i had...

Yeah, but they're kind of trying to redo that with MFB. You know, the 4D Beyblades. Jade Jupiter and Scythe Kronos are good examples.
spiral change base >>> HF/S

there isnt as many gimmicks to be honest in metal fushion and most of them arent really good but i dont know much about the 4D bottoms
just a few thoughts i had the was leading of what Nwolf said but i can say that jumping beys are much better in MFB
(Aug. 06, 2011  11:06 AM)poseidon Wrote:

there isnt as many gimmicks to be honest in metal fushion and most of them arent really good but i dont know much about the 4D bottoms
just a few thoughts i had the was leading of what Nwolf said but i can say that jumping beys are much better in MFB

how are jumping beys better in MFB? the only one i can think of is storm capricorne, and that sucks
(Aug. 06, 2011  11:09 AM)Nwolf Wrote:
(Aug. 06, 2011  11:06 AM)poseidon Wrote:

how are jumping beys better in MFB? the only one i can think of is storm capricorne, and that sucks

trygle hardly jumps to be honest but which do i like better, jumping base but which did more jumping m145q

Well, according to me, the main reason why they stopped making gimmicked parts is beacause TT started getting serious about beyblade. I really doubt if there is just anyone who would buy many of those gimmick beys. MFB is not only for kids; its also aimed towards the teenage audience. The gimmicks introduced by TT in MFB were probably meant to be useful. The 4D bottoms were created with mode change gimmicks as they thought its gonna be useful. Jumping beys were just a formality.
Storm Capricorne was a disaster, you know.
(Aug. 06, 2011  1:00 PM)Janstarblast Wrote:

Well, according to me, the main reason why they stopped making gimmicked parts is beacause TT started getting serious about beyblade. I really doubt if there is just anyone who would buy many of those gimmick beys. MFB is not only for kids; its also aimed towards the teenage audience. The gimmicks introduced by TT in MFB were probably meant to be useful. The 4D bottoms were created with mode change gimmicks as they thought its gonna be useful. Jumping beys were just a formality.

But then i don't understand that, you're saying they were becoming serious, however most of the old gimmicks beys were useful, like phantom fox, it was useful. most of the new ones aren't very useful, most of them. aka carpicorne failed. sol blaze was meant to be an amazing bey. peawolf also failed, most of the gimmicks they seem to have spent the longest time thinking of have been the ones that didn't work.
(Aug. 06, 2011  1:06 PM)Nwolf Wrote:
(Aug. 06, 2011  1:00 PM)Janstarblast Wrote:

But then i don't understand that, you're saying they were becoming serious, however most of the old gimmicks beys were useful, like phantom fox, it was useful. most of the new ones aren't very useful, most of them. aka carpicorne failed. sol blaze was meant to be an amazing bey. peawolf also failed, most of the gimmicks they seem to have spent the longest time thinking of have been the ones that didn't work.

Yes, that's true.
But, its WBO who decides whether a part is good or bad. TT just produces beys.
For them, 4D bottoms like F: D and F: S looked promising.
F: D was actually an effort to keep an attack bey in movement throughout the match. This was probably a useful gimmick, provided it would've worked well.
On the other hand, F: S was an effort to end the stamina problems of attack beys. Sounds useful, eh? But, even this was BAD.
I hope you get what I mean to say. Smile
Its us who concluded that they're BAD. Just a handful of old school gimmick beys were useful. If you get some gimmicked beys which are useful, then MFB and HMS will be equal.
Just to address "TT just produces Beys": I don't really think so. A lot of thought goes into the design of a part, and as we've all seen, they are tested (both with safety in mind, but also with regards to the hobby) before they go into production. Obviously, not everything they make is top-tier, but I don't think that's their intention either.

Beyblade has always been taken seriously in terms of organised play by Takara / Takara Tomy. The fact that they hold regular tournaments with impressive prizes is testament to that, so I would also disagree that they are only taking MFB seriously.

Additionally, Phantom Fox MS is part of the Gimmick Specialty series of HMS; all of the Beyblades of that line were designed with relatively abnormal gimmicks to differentiate them as a series. They weren't necessarily designed to be absolutely amazing, but they are supposed to highlight variation and fun in Beyblade. Yes, we don't have a Gimmick Specialty line in MFB, but Takara Tomy still make a lot of gimmicked parts which aren't necessarily useful, but fun to use regardless. I don't think much has changed in terms of their focus, really.
Judging by AkirasDaddy's video of Blitz Unicorno 100RSF vs MF-H Basalt Hrogium 130RS, it looks like Blitz has a decent amount of recoil. Not as much as Counter or Rock, but it got a pretty good KO on Basalt...
I think we should really address this misinformation that's creeping in. How can something have a decent amount of recoil? Recoil, by definition, is undesirable. Recoil is not the same as Smash Attack strength, and not necessarily correlated in any way either.
(Aug. 06, 2011  2:41 PM)♥ Wrote: Just to address "TT just produces Beys": I don't really think so. A lot of thought goes into the design of a part, and as we've all seen, they are tested (both with safety in mind, but also with regards to the hobby) before they go into production. Obviously, not everything they make is top-tier, but I don't think that's their intention either.

Beyblade has always been taken seriously in terms of organised play by Takara / Takara Tomy. The fact that they hold regular tournaments with impressive prizes is testament to that, so I would also disagree that they are only taking MFB seriously.

Additionally, Phantom Fox MS is part of the Gimmick Specialty series of HMS; all of the Beyblades of that line were designed with relatively abnormal gimmicks to differentiate them as a series. They weren't necessarily designed to be absolutely amazing, but they are supposed to highlight variation and fun in Beyblade. Yes, we don't have a Gimmick Specialty line in MFB, but Takara Tomy still make a lot of gimmicked parts which aren't necessarily useful, but fun to use regardless. I don't think much has changed in terms of their focus, really.
good point as always, the thought that goes into it must be especially hard, its not easy to keep a bey spinning for minutes, they have to think about aerodynamics or it won't spin at all!
I got a random thought:
There is an S series bottom starting with all the first 6 letters of the alphabet.
ie. AS, BS, CS, DS, ES and FS.
(Aug. 06, 2011  2:41 PM)♥ Wrote: Just to address "TT just produces Beys": I don't really think so. A lot of thought goes into the design of a part, and as we've all seen, they are tested (both with safety in mind, but also with regards to the hobby) before they go into production. Obviously, not everything they make is top-tier, but I don't think that's their intention either.

Well, great point!
True, they put in a lot of thought into it. They might also be affected by the anime. Of course, they can't change any part of the bey. They have to keep it identical to the anime. But, at least we must agree to the point that they just manufacture, and sell beys.
For them, no bey is useless(except the ones which do not gain much profit). Maybe, the 4D series might be a resemblance to the special gimmick series. So, they are actually selling gimmick beys. Also, almost every second bey had a gimmick. But, all were manual mode changes. Secondly, WBO plays a MAJOR role in determining the performance of parts, and adds them to their respective tiers.
Yes, I know TT tests every part, but that might be technical testing. I mean, testing spin power, manufacturing defects, durability(sometimes), etc.
If they actually test the 'performance' of parts(like we do), then I am sorry, as I didn't know that... Smile But hey, that is not possible! If they actually tested every part's performance, the stats they gave on the box wouldn't be so senseless. Wink
im just wondering, why has my wolborg never lost? i just got my new burning kerberous, torch pegasus, metal draciel crystal version i think it is, and for some reason it never loses, must be blader spirit, bit miffed though cause i can never seem to win, i mean is a phantom force wolborg like on steroids or something?

(Aug. 06, 2011  2:53 PM)♥ Wrote: I think we should really address this misinformation that's creeping in. How can something have a decent amount of recoil? Recoil, by definition, is undesirable. Recoil is not the same as Smash Attack strength, and not necessarily correlated in any way either.

Thankyou for both of these posts. The latter is something I made an effort to make clear to people a month or two after I arrived, it's so misleading for newbies.

The former is something I could never put in words myself, and IMO, you nailed it.