Beyblade Random Thoughts

Will do for sure, I'm very impressed as is, ahah.

Just can't wait for everything to get here! I'll be in plastics heaven, ahah.
I wish I could be in plastic heaven... heck, I'd even settle for MFB heaven Uncertain
I just need some money... I think I convinced my parents to buy me a plastic bey, though. WOO!
There is no mfb heaven, believe me, only "why did I spend so much money on these instead of plastics-en".
Haha, so true. I'd trade pretty much all of my current collection for some plastics... but my parents spent their hard earned money on them so I can't Uncertain
(Jul. 26, 2011  9:26 PM)th!nk Wrote: There is no mfb heaven, believe me, only "why did I spend so much money on these instead of plastics-en".

Even tho I do love plastics, MFB is still a great game and I have really enjoyed buying them. Some of the designs are rather nice, and the battles are always very intense. It seems to me that plastic battles lack the kind of "oomph" that MFB and HMS have.
True, but non competitive plastic parts have use in random combo's. As for mfb, I have a lot of dark wheels I could do without.
(Jul. 26, 2011  9:43 PM)th!nk Wrote: True, but non competitive plastic parts have use in random combo's. As for mfb, I have a lot of dark wheels I could do without.

I can totally agree with this. As I just explained in the plastic top tier thread, there is so much variety in combos with plastic that even random combos have a use. MFB is so rock paper scissor that only the best of the best will survive. It makes for a more fun game, but makes collecting very tedious.

I could do without every one of my Dark wheels.....
That's one of the tradeoffs of using metal in such a way. Gulfs between different tiers become far more apparent.
I don't k but now about you guys, when me and my friends played with the plastics, the battles weren't too exciting. So when me and my cousin randomly buy a couple of mfb's we have a lot more fun laughing at whoever gets hit in the face by a rampant bey
(Jul. 26, 2011  10:04 PM)♥ Wrote: That's one of the tradeoffs of using metal in such a way. Gulfs between different tiers become far more apparent.

This is why I liked HMS the most. The battles were very intense, but the parts were all very balanced. The tiers were very blurred, but still there....and TBTS was an amazing stadium Smile
(Jul. 26, 2011  10:07 PM)pepsikola Wrote: I don't k but now about you guys, when me and my friends played with the plastics, the battles weren't too exciting. So when me and my cousin randomly buy a couple of mfb's we have a lot more fun laughing at whoever gets hit in the face by a rampant bey

You play plastics wrong.
(Jul. 26, 2011  10:12 PM)Mc Frown Wrote:
(Jul. 26, 2011  10:07 PM)pepsikola Wrote: I don't k but now about you guys, when me and my friends played with the plastics, the battles weren't too exciting. So when me and my cousin randomly buy a couple of mfb's we have a lot more fun laughing at whoever gets hit in the face by a rampant bey

You play plastics wrong.
Lol I guess so
(Jul. 26, 2011  10:09 PM)Evan Wrote:
(Jul. 26, 2011  10:04 PM)♥ Wrote: That's one of the tradeoffs of using metal in such a way. Gulfs between different tiers become far more apparent.

This is why I liked HMS the most. The battles were very intense, but the parts were all very balanced. The tiers were very blurred, but still there....and TBTS was an amazing stadium Smile

HMS are very exciting to watch, but I find that a well-shot GFCUM customisation wipes the floor with pretty much everything you throw at it. ;[
(Jul. 26, 2011  10:32 PM)♥ Wrote:
(Jul. 26, 2011  10:09 PM)Evan Wrote:

HMS are very exciting to watch, but I find that a well-shot GFCUM customisation wipes the floor with pretty much everything you throw at it. ;[

I only found this problem in TBTS. In TB uncustomized WBMS reigned supreme. That being said, I still think Tornado Attack is the best for plastic and even HMS. TBTS was far too attack oriented, but made for some really fun battles. Also, very few people could shoot GFCUM effectively. It was far too wide to be easily controlled.
I've only tried it in Tornado Attack and TBTS, but not in TB so that might be where I'm going wrong, haha.
(Jul. 26, 2011  10:47 PM)♥ Wrote: I've only tried it in Tornado Attack and TBTS, but not in TB so that might be where I'm going wrong, haha.

The slope in TB is so shallow that is almost always causes the bey to go into a tornado stall. The regular GFC is a much better choice in TB, but honestly the best choice is an uncustomized WBMS, or WBMS with a higher recoil AR (to repel other WBMS). TB really shouldn't have been made as the HMS stadium, it is much better suited to plastics.
I just realized something, Kei is Goku and Bluezee is Vegeta. Destined Rivals I tell you, DESTINED! *Shakes fist* Man theres another hole in the wall of my stadium....and the tapes ran out too....
(Jul. 26, 2011  8:25 PM)th!nk Wrote: So, I got around to testing out McFrown's claim that upper attack is possible in the opposite spin direction to your opponent, in plastics, and his secondary claim that Upper Dragoon works better in left spin.

And he's RIGHT! (As usual).

I'm now using left spin for my upper attack custom, though I am using Triangle Wing instead, it works great, I find it's got a little smash in the mix along with the upper, which isn't bad.

I do know that this post is quite old but, WHAT A DISCOVERY!!!
I'd love to hear more about it!
@Reply to the ongoing plastic vs MFB conversation-
Well, Plastics were heavenly, and MFB beys are no less, IMO.
Yes, OLD IS GOLD and all stuff is true, but I really enjoy playing with my MFB beys.
Actually, to be very honest, I get extremely frustrated while playing with plastics. I always repent for joining the WBO. Or, lets say, I repent about devastating my plastics collection... If you are interested to know the reasons, click the spoiler-
So, MFB is just a way of directing my mind away from such a tragedy... So, I'll never say anything bad about MFBs, as they are actually the main reason, why I am back into beyblade...
My sad story... Speechless
Well, I know its off topic, but I just planned on getting Hell Kerbecs! My 2nd MFB! Just waiting for dimsum's reply to get the details... Smile
2000th post! Grin
Janstarblast: Keep an eye on the "Building a Plastics Top Tier List" thread, we've been discussing it, and McFrown linked to his video demonstrating it. It should be self evident to anyone who actually has the parts to try it, though.

(Jul. 26, 2011  10:35 PM)Evan Wrote: I only found this problem in TBTS. In TB uncustomized WBMS reigned supreme. That being said, I still think Tornado Attack is the best for plastic and even HMS. TBTS was far too attack oriented, but made for some really fun battles. Also, very few people could shoot GFCUM effectively. It was far too wide to be easily controlled.
Maybe I'm just awfully juvenile, but I sniggered at this.
2000th post eh?
I'd contact a committee member about an Antique face if I were you Wink
Also, I'm glad that I don't have a similar story about getting rid of beys. I hate to soudn harsh, but that's basically everyone's story with all of their long gone beys. Thankfully, I'm one of the ones who kept them all and packed them tight away in my closet for a few years Grin Now, they breathe air once again.
Due to being too awesome to go through a phase of "ugh gonna throw away my lego and beyblades", I luckily kept mine.

UGH, My Sonokong beys are taking bloody ages to get here. :\
I was playing around with an extremely bad combo (Poison Wolf WA130S), and surprisingly, it managed to get a couple of KO's on it. I know, I know, Hell has tons of recoil, blah blah blah. It was really amusing, though. Smile

On another note, I MUST HAS BASALT. NAO.
i was reading some previous posts here and I gotta say this. Look guys its ok to "pwn" people but be light on the kids ok? They look up to ginga or anyone else but hey im sure most of us looked up to tyson years ago...

on another note I had an amazing idea face bolts that light up showing holograms of the "beast"
Clonteos is right I used to be a Kai fanboy, we totally acted like they do now.
SMH... WTF I wrote Kai-V instead of just Kai. wat.

You're amazing idea goes in teh What Future Innovations do you Want to See in Beyblade? topic. Tongue_out Just sayan. But yeah, that would be pimp, but expensive as hell.
I'd buy one asap lol.
(Jul. 27, 2011  5:12 PM)Clonetos Wrote: i was reading some previous posts here and I gotta say this. Look guys its ok to "pwn" people but be light on the kids ok? They look up to ginga or anyone else but hey im sure most of us looked up to tyson Kai years ago...

on another note I had an amazing idea face bolts that light up showing holograms of the "beast"

Fix'd that for you. Pretty sure Kai had the larger fan base.

Holograms have been mentioned before, That would be far too expensive, and hololograms on moving, spinning objects would be extremely hard to do, let alone fit in a beyblade, and it'd be far too expensive a product to market as a childrens toy. I'd also image the tech would be quite delicate, and a battling spinning top is one of the last places I'd put delicate electrical components.