Beyblade Random Thoughts

Ya know I know String launcher is good but I got a powerful arm is it possible for me to i dunno out do the string launcher with a light launcher?
Well, it depends on how strong your launch is. Other than that, it depends on how strong your opponent's launch is! XD
Just did a battle between Lightning L Drago and Gaia Dragoon MS.
Whoa! The battles were so........... EASY... LLD had no problem, but hey, if the battle was pulled out for long, GDMS did what actually LLD should've done... SPIN STEAL! Yes friends, a bey that was actually meant to be a spin stealer, lost spin to a totally BAD bey.... Yes, I finally discovered that GDMS spin steals! Well, it was there on BeyWiki, but I never saw it happen myself... But, I did it!
Post deleted ~
Already spoke to the commitee about it, they are unlikely to ban it. With the extra speed, stamina types bring more energy to collisions, making them more easy to ko due to low grip. Defense types are a sticking point, cs self ko's sometimes, and rs still has it's stamina limitations. Plus, equalising from left spinners brings another factor. I must fix my rev-up, it's in pieces, as it became extremely unreliable power-wise.

Don't get me wrong, I want it restricted to "proper" use (using the button), but it aint happening. I've asked people not to use them at my tourney, but it's not a rule. I suggest we go the cold war/nuclear style option. Don't use them unless the other person does...
I have an itching suspicion that hell wheels do have mold difference which are not noticeable physically. Kinda like the minute molds of pre-hws Virgo. I have a few hell wheels, which in testings can produce completely different results. I have one that constantly yields super excellent results against almost any combinations.

Hmm gonna spend a bit of time trying to get to the bottom of this once and for all.

Solo spins testings next.
You're not alone, there are apparently slight mold differences (I know there are different reinforcement points in a couple of molds (A1/A4 and A3).

BD145 also has a hole in it that is either next to or opposite to the plastic ridge that fits into hell's groove. Slightly affects balance, I'm sure. You're smart enough to work out which is best for which wheels yourself (As hell has that groove in it...).

Solo spins would be good, though if you yourself didn't know which was which when launching, that would be best. Prevents subconscious biases Tongue_out
Is the mode change of LDrago series,Fang Leone ,BBP and Gravity perseus banned?
According to Kai-V,changing of modes are allowed when it the bey does not needed to be 'unlocked'
(Well I don't know the right verb.)
(Jun. 19, 2011  1:15 PM)Meteo LDrago Wrote: Is the mode change of LDrago series,Fang Leone ,BBP and Gravity perseus banned?
According to Kai-V,changing of modes are allowed when it the bey does not needed to be 'unlocked'
(Well I don't know the right verb.)
No changing them between rounds is illegal it isnt if its before hand...
Yeah, you just can't change modes between rounds. Choosing different modes beforehand is Okay Tongue_out

Back to the earlier discussion, you can rip a LL stronger than a Beylauncher if the beylauncher user is much weaker. Consider the fact I'm confident with both (good with a beylauncher, been using LL's since plastics), and I can in no way get an LL to launch as well as a beylauncher, yeah. Same goes for the RUL, though it's less reliable with it's strength.
I am very bad with string launcher for me LL and The normal beylauncher is the only way to get good RPMs. I dont quite know what a Rev-up launcher though..I'll check it out..and see if one is available..I'll see how good/bad I am with them.
(Jun. 19, 2011  1:57 PM)SAM10795 Wrote: I am very bad with string launcher for me LL and The normal beylauncher is the only way to get good RPMs. I dont quite know what a Rev-up launcher though..I'll check it out..and see if one is available..I'll see how good/bad I am with them.
its similar to the beylauncher if you use it the good way but breaks easily (loses in RPM)
(Jun. 19, 2011  1:57 PM)SAM10795 Wrote: I am very bad with string launcher for me LL and The normal beylauncher is the only way to get good RPMs. I dont quite know what a Rev-up launcher though..I'll check it out..and see if one is available..I'll see how good/bad I am with them.

If you can't use a beylauncher, you won't use a rev-up.

I don't know what you mean by "normal beylauncher", as that's the string launcher...

But if you're no good with a beylauncher, there are plenty of articles/videos around the WBO on how to use it, it's not hard to learn. You just have to practice.
(Jun. 19, 2011  2:45 PM)th!nk Wrote:

If you can't use a beylauncher, you won't use a rev-up.

I don't know what you mean by "normal beylauncher", as that's the string launcher...

But if you're no good with a beylauncher, there are plenty of articles/videos around the WBO on how to use it, it's not hard to learn. You just have to practice.

By normal launcher, I think he meant the one that comes with all the hasbro beys...
That's a light launcher, with an altered casing (so it doesn't fit the TT 3 segment grip Angry).

But yeah, SAM, watch the videos, there's a trick or two to it.
(Jun. 19, 2011  4:44 PM)th!nk Wrote: That's a light launcher, with an altered casing (so it doesn't fit the TT 3 segment grip Angry).

But yeah, SAM, watch the videos, there's a trick or two to it.

Well, Sam's question might help me too! Even I just suck at using beylaunchers.... But yes, I do 'excel' at rip cord launchers! Well, about the launcher grip, I will NEVER use it!
Well, that's what I had decided before... I was using my friend's TT grip (not sure which one) with my Hasbro LLD Light Launcher L. Surprisingly, it did fit, but it was too loose. Still, I went on to battle. I launched with full power, a brilliant gattyaki was the result!
But, my launcher just flew up HIGH into the air, just missed the ceiling fan, and came down like a meteor! Luckily, I caught it (thanks to my passion for cricket Tongue_out) and its safe...
Hah. I rarely use grips because at tourneys, I figure I'd use a Beylauncher L/R for the various competitive benefits it offers. Even with large-ish hands. Grips are nice, though Smile

I think Hasbro launchers fit the normal grip. Tongue_out

Get yourself a beylauncher, and find the instructional video around. The basic trick is letting the handle slip out of your grip the second the beylauncher string is fully extended, by using a loose enough grip to allow that. Then, you pull as hard as possible. It's much easier to launch steadily once you learn to use it. Look around for videos, though, that's how I learnt.
(Jun. 19, 2011  5:24 PM)th!nk Wrote: Hah. I rarely use grips because at tourneys, I figure I'd use a Beylauncher L/R for the various competitive benefits it offers. Even with large-ish hands. Grips are nice, though Smile

I think Hasbro launchers fit the normal grip. Tongue_out

Get yourself a beylauncher, and find the instructional video around. The basic trick is letting the handle slip out of your grip the second the beylauncher string is fully extended, by using a loose enough grip to allow that. Then, you pull as hard as possible. It's much easier to launch steadily once you learn to use it. Look around for videos, though, that's how I learnt.

Well, thanks! I did know that you must hold the string loosely, but still. I broke 5 of 'em!
Yippee! My dad has agreed to get me a new bey! Can you believe it! He gave me a double shock when he said, I CAN BUY IT ONLINE!!!
Hell Kerbecs! I am coming! Wait for me.... I'll buy you after..........2 months.......
Duh! This sucks... I can buy only in, or after August, i.e. after my examinations... Unhappy
Still! My 2nd MFB has been confirmed! Better start saving up for it! StupidStupidStupidJoyful_2Joyful_2Joyful_2
Ah, I bet Hell would be dominating the Metagame right now, if it weren't for silly old Basalt. Poor Hell just can't keep up. As far as I know, it beats Basalt for stamina, but it can't knock it out.
jan: THAT IS AWESOME NEWS, AND GOOD CHOICE!
That said, do re-check for new releases before you buy, you never know, something new and amazing could come out that outdoes Hell Kerbecs for greatness.

NightWolf: Definitely. Basalt has really Twisted the Tempo of our metagame (Hurr Hurr). It's awkward because on CS, it murders stamina combo's. That said, before it was released/found major use, Hell was gaining popularity.
Heck, to be honest, I think it deserves top-tier status for defence. I don't know if it was tested that much, but IMO it's definitely better than Earth, and while normal mode is excellent for Hell BD145CS defensively, Boost mode gives it added stamina (hell, it's almost a stamina combo). And, it still has great defence.
On 230, it's very awkward to kill (MF-H Hell Kerbecs 230CS). I keep it in my "competition box", and test any new combo's against it, because it's extreme height (as hell is an elevated wheel) tends to screw up a lot of things (some 145-heights on certain tips can't make sufficient contact to hurt it).

It's really underrated on our tiers list. It's a shame, yes, and Basalt is the main culprit. But oh well.
What? Hell is really underrated? I thought that it was like, just after Basalt.
HEY! I just remembered.... We had some thread about discussing this, right? I mean, Yamislayer had created a thread for a 2nd format.... What happened to it? Maybe the main culprit Basalt, might be banished from the game..
Thanks, th!nk! I always loved Hell's color... But I like Basalt more... Still, as Basalt uncustomized is not as good as Hell, I am getting Hell. Also, Hell Kebecs contains parts, which may prove out to be useful for my LLD. On the other hand, Basalt doesn't.
Exactly. Hell Kerbecs is generally the first thing I recommend people get if they don't have it. BD145 is an amazingly useful piece, and it's also awesome uncustomised/with a change to the most common tip in Beyblade.

Hell is underrated in my opinion, because it should be more present on the tiers list/what everyone thinks. But yeah, probably needs more testing or something?

Hah, the second format would ban hell (somewhat understandably, and it's nowhere near as good without BD145 or even 230). The second format thing fizzled because no one really kept the discussion going, Yamislayer has lost hope for it, I believe. Not enough support/input from tourney holders, and it stalled.
Hell is underrated, but for a reason I suppose. It's better than Earth, but that said, when was the last time you saw an Earth combo used successfully(don't answer that)? It's not exactly the safest combo to use, especially with Basalt dominating pretty much every metagame right now.
Earth is still viable, and top tier. It's not outclassed, as it has excellent low recoil, and it DOES have better pure stamina than Basalt.

But yeah, Hell isn't that safe, though MFH Hell Kerbecs 230CS, and BD145CS can still work. Also, the BD145RF/R2F variants can handle basalt, so it's useful there.
I tried organizing all my beys today. Seeing as they have not been touched in ages I thought it would be good to see how many I want to keep/sell. Can't find L.L Drago for some reason, and I don't recall if I sold it. Dang I liked that one too.
Aww, lame. See if someone mentions it, though if you liked it, you probably wouldn't have sold it, would you?