Beyblade Random Thoughts

'Cept Basalt only really KO's things that have High recoil anyway. Uncertain
BeyFan, I think I saw that... Pretty gutted I didn't go for it now, though.

Hero: True, but it's nice to have them back. being well known means people trust results more, and notice when you've posted a thread (see Kei's horrible, horrible, toungue-twister thingy for the perfect example). It helps a lot when you're posting combo's which, like MFH Basalt Kerbecs 85RS, are somewhat hard to believe (as I guessed it would be easily OS'd by MF MLD CH120XF and handled by MF LLD BD145LRF, it seems I was wrong). It's kinda lame like that, but that's life.

The preconception that RS loses to opposite spin was actually largely true when it first appeared, given MFH Earth Bull/Aquario GB145RS was the main defence combo, and LLD was hitting below it, causing large stability issues for RS. If RS is protected from that (in this case, by being low), it's harder to kill. I believe the "Don't look down on midgets/low track defence" thread wasn't given enough appreciation, as 230 and BD145 came out soon after it was made, but I think they may have been approaching that conclusion. BD145 might help, though it's scraping issues are discouraging, and 230+RS often leads to lots of stability issues.

The only thing with RS, and the main reason people prefer CS, is that it's simply not very practical at tourneys, especially in the usually Stamina/ Stamina+Defence oriented metagame most places seem to have, as it's so easily outspun by the vast majority of combo's, plus, when against newbies/people with only a few beys, you're more likely to come up against random FS/S/etc combo's, and get outspun, so they've always been kinda limited. Now attack is more popular, I guess it's more viable, though I'd still be hesitant to use them unless I was quite sure of what I was facing.
I was playing around with my new CS few hours ago. MF Rock Aries 145CS can KO MF Hell Kerbecs BD145RSF(only have 1 CS) when banked. It's a good combo(at least for me), but I bet that there are lots of combos better than that. Until then, it's my best combo, because I suck with LLD.:\
well hell does have a fair bit of recoil and RSF is the worst out of the 3 Top Tier defense bottoms , and if your CS is aggressive it wouldn't surprise me Wink
Ahh... back from the days I used not to play competitively, I remember using Storm Capricorn 105MS. That bey kicked butt every time I play with my friends.

Until I've joined the WBO, I've just realized that combo was outclassed by miles. Here's a random test with my current bey: Aquario 90WF.(Not top tier, but still pretty decent) It isn't formal, so please don't flame me for this.

Stadium: Wide Square Attack Stadium
Launcher: Light Launcher for both beys.
Banked shot for Storm Capricorn and Straight Shot for Aquario

Results:
Storm Capricorn 105MS vs Aquario 90WF

Storm Capricorn - 0
Aquario - 10 (5 OS/5 KO)

The importance of playing competitively. Tongue_out_wink
OH GOD. Storm 105MS

AHAHAHA Oh wow Tongue_out

Seriously, I started with the new beys by using the Beybladebattles.com beybalde maker, luckily I found the WBO before I started buying beys Grin First things I got were the Gravity Perseus URS, Dark Cancer (the first of my ominous collection of cancer CW's), and Ray Unicorno (starter, sooo aggro Uncertain)
Pretty cool, though I desperately wanted a balance combo, considering that was always what I stuck with with plastics.
(Jun. 07, 2011  8:12 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: BeyFan
You're trolling us right?
Please tell me you are. PLEASE Pinching_eyes_2

Hahaha, trust me...I wish I were Pinching_eyes
(Jun. 07, 2011  11:32 AM)RustyXD Wrote: RSF is the worst out of the 3 Top Tier defense bottoms

IIRC for pure defence it is CS<RSF<RS (RS the best), for reliability RS<RSF<CS (CS the best do to the most stamina, RS the worse do to bad balance). i may be wrong as i haven't read the tests in a while

i still cant find my hell kerbecs 85RF Crying, i was wanting to try some things out with it (not to mention it is my only hell, 85, and my good RF)
Reliability: RSF<RS<CS. RSF is the worst by far, and most people prefer CS to RSF for pure defence, too. RSF is pretty meh TBH, you're better off using RS or CS. Uncertain RustyXD is right, basically.

Aww man, that sucks. Surely a bey that big should stand out???
(Jun. 07, 2011  8:12 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: Also for some reason I find FS to be good in some defensive combos.

Me too! The columnar shape of it helps to keep it in the Attack stadium when hit. MF-H Basalt TrackHeightLessThan145 FS is pretty good defensively.
After seeing so many uses of Basalt,I thought of a combo, MF Basalt CH120 XF, and tried to run it, but its horrible - crashing to the Ridges,or getting self knocked out, and at the end, It resulted with a broken CH120.

Today, I remember the days when Hell was rocking on WBO, Hell BD145,Hell 230 etc, now with Basalt on the block, Hell is now silent, with only one active combo.
now the post above me is talking about FS,we all are on an island of misfit parts, with no-guarantee when a outclassed part such as ED145,Rock,Flame etc, makes a comeback, who knows that a top tier may be outclassed by a outclassed combo, examples are - Flame 130 WD defeating Burn 100 WD.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Symbol...tellation) i know i am gonna be probably warned for this but i just realized the original 4 beats, Dragoon, Draciel, Dranzer and Driger are all based on the four heavenly beasts in china which means these guys were the first bit beasts to be BASED on constellations
That was revealed in the original beyblade manga, this has been known for a long time. But this is beyblade random thoughts, so I guess you should be fine...
(Jun. 07, 2011  9:11 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: That was revealed in the original beyblade manga, this has been known for a long time. But this is beyblade random thoughts, so I guess you should be fine...
carp I didnt know um well its a random thought for me....
My first MFB bey was Rock Leone. And I was playing with beys for a few months before I even found the WBO. Heh I remember thinking MF Evil Capricorn ED145D was good.
Ahh good times man. Good times. xD
Just found my Infinity Thunder Libra. The CW looks like carp, so I swapped it with the original Flame Libra CW. Looks amazing now!
(Jun. 07, 2011  10:17 PM)Omega12 Wrote: Just found my Infinity Thunder Libra. The CW looks like carp, so I swapped it with the original Flame Libra CW. Looks amazing now!

I thought the emarald green CW look amazing but then again to each his own... speaking of which i wonder what recolor they will have for orso when it comes out with cetus?
I am pretty damn new to this so I'll be quick
I want to join a beyblading team but I don't
have anyone to beyblade nearby and I don't
have a beypointer (yet I need to wait a few
weeks) any suggestions send me a link
(Jun. 07, 2011  10:22 PM)Thehellserpent Wrote: I am pretty damn new to this so I'll be quick

This belongs in questions about the WBO? I'm not actually sure.

Also, the Orso clear wheel doesn't need a recolor, it just needs paint. But if it was recolored orange it would be amazing! Or go the smart route and release it clear.
(Jun. 07, 2011  10:22 PM)Thehellserpent Wrote: I am pretty damn new to this so I'll be quick

Nobody needs a Beypointer.
Everyone must hate my story Unhappy lol but it is about the successrs of the old main characters.
Anyways I would totally love it if hasbro made something different but better on accident Ex. Release a mass amount of Mercury Anubis and Vulcan Horoseus because they are in the Anime ! lol
I hope they will have games with retail exclusives again Nightmare Rex Uncertain is kinda lame
(Jun. 07, 2011  10:29 PM)PattyCakeChamp! Wrote: I hope they will have games with retail exclusives again Nightmare Rex Uncertain is kinda lame

Divine Chimera and Nightmare Rex will probably be the exclusives. Although if the PSP game gets released it might have Mercury Anubis and Vulcan Horuses.
(Jun. 07, 2011  10:29 PM)PattyCakeChamp! Wrote: I hope they will have games with retail exclusives again Nightmare Rex Uncertain is kinda lame

Am I the only one who likes nightmare rex i mean sure the sp and pt are that of poision serphant but look at the cw and face bolt and besides the wheel hasnt been tested yet so it may have some potential
(Jun. 07, 2011  10:54 PM)Clonetos Wrote: Am I the only one who likes nightmare rex i mean sure the sp and pt are that of poision serphant but look at the cw and face bolt and besides the wheel hasnt been tested yet so it may have some potential

Actually from some quick tests by Kai-V it looks pretty suckish but it was only a few tests so it could have some untapped potential