Beyblade Random Thoughts

It looked OK in Defense, perhaps comparable to Earth, but now probably quite outclassed by Basalt anyway.
I second that Clonetos, I for one think it has potential. IIRC the wheel looks a LOT like storms, which is actuality a decent wheel.
Nightmare is not good for Attack ... I am quite sure.
Thats surprising i thought nightmare would have a ton of recoil ,, i might have to get one to test it out if i ever have any spare change Tired
Spare change, lol. Isn't that bey still going for around $40?
LOL if i take a $1 dollar a day and save up in 40 days i should have it Tongue_out if i dont decide to buy something else which I do 99% of the time , but i think i might get divine chimera instead it looks so nice , but i have a problem so i can't keep any beys mint Wink
Hah, it's still got that awesome Jurassic-Park-like Face and CW, SW145, which is a decent part (H145/R145 with less scraping/recoil, at the cost of a little attack, and it tends to sit above the height of opposing BD145's, which can sometimes come in handy, I guess. SD is pretty decent too.
Would've been cooler if they'd not changed Genocide to "Nightmare". Sure, it's a little tasteless, but come on, it's a totally sweet name. Genocide Cancer would be the ultimate bey to enrage "concerned mother" types Tongue_out

Personally, I want Divine Chimera to play around with FB, after watching Deikailo's video of it.
(Jun. 08, 2011  12:24 PM)th!nk Wrote: Hah, it's still got that awesome Jurassic-Park-like Face and CW, SW145, which is a decent part (H145/R145 with less scraping/recoil, at the cost of a little attack, and it tends to sit above the height of opposing BD145's, which can sometimes come in handy, I guess. SD is pretty decent too.
Would've been cooler if they'd not changed Genocide to "Nightmare". Sure, it's a little tasteless, but come on, it's a totally sweet name. Genocide Cancer would be the ultimate bey to enrage "concerned mother" types Tongue_out

Personally, I want Divine Chimera to play around with FB, after watching Deikailo's video of it.

Divine Chimera,it reminds me of rock, I don't know Divine performs, I am sure that Divine is one the worst defense wheels. However seeing FB with Fang,I want FB,as I already have Fang.
Divine is definitely not a defence wheel. It's similar to counter, rock, Pre-HWS Leone, fang etc. Like those wheels, it'd have more use in attack, though I doubt it'd be that great at anything, really.

But yeah, I want to try FB in place of XF and with a few different things, it's just such an overpriced bey Uncertain
Yeah i think divine has to many square things tho be useful in attack , i want it for FB and TR145 for fun Wink
but i could be wrong about divine , i was wrong about nightmare Wink
and just a quick note how can something be a 'flat ball'?
Imagine if Engine Gear beys were re-made into a bey.
Oh god.
>engine gear RF
YEP. THAT'S THE ULTIMATE ATTACK PART!
Engine gears were actually pretty bad. They were too tall to be effective against other plastics and were only good against themselves, aha.
Lol I know that. I have quite a few myself Tongue_out but imagine if TT could remake them into MFB, but not so derpy xD an engine gear RF would be like F : D when it switches to RHF on crack!
(Jun. 08, 2011  12:42 PM)RustyXD Wrote: how can something be a 'flat ball'?
Similar way something can be "flat sharp".
(Jun. 08, 2011  12:42 PM)RustyXD Wrote: Yeah i think divine has to many square things tho be useful in attack , i want it for FB and TR145 for fun Wink
but i could be wrong about divine , i was wrong about nightmare Wink
and just a quick note how can something be a 'flat ball'?
All the protrusions make for extra impact, I guess. It reminds me of one of the Draciel AR's, actually. Honestly, it's probably decent for attack, but outclassed, like many wheels. TR145 is apparently horrible Tongue_out I don't know why when Coro-Coro host "design a bey" competitions we often end up with Rollers. Have the Japanese not figured out that it's a concept that never worked? Ugh.
Flat Ball is like a wide Hole Flat with a Ball in the middle. Not sure what the width is, but think XF/WF with parts carved out of the bottom to leave a ball in the middle.

(Jun. 08, 2011  1:54 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote: Lol I know that. I have quite a few myself Tongue_out but imagine if TT could remake them into MFB, but not so derpy xD an engine gear RF would be like F : D when it switches to RHF on crack!
There is no way to remake them less derpy. It'd just self KO like some kind of suicidal crack addict. Honestly, they were a horrible concept, and part of the reason Beyblade died the first time round, IIRC.
Honestly, trying to make such a complicated mechanism within the budget and other restraints of a childrens toy wasn't a good idea.
(Jun. 08, 2011  1:03 PM)blah Wrote: Engine gears were actually pretty bad. They were too tall to be effective against other plastics and were only good against themselves, aha.

Seriously. Um, I think plastic generation Beyblade just 'went down' towards the end, you know... I mean, I never understood why TT had to make those gimmicked beys like Engine Gear Beys and Magnetic Beys, the latter, was useless just because of that magnet... No wonder people think that TT 'switched' from plastic to metal beys later...
(Jun. 08, 2011  3:39 PM)Janstarblast Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2011  1:03 PM)blah Wrote: Engine gears were actually pretty bad. They were too tall to be effective against other plastics and were only good against themselves, aha.

Seriously. Um, I think plastic generation Beyblade just 'went down' towards the end, you know... I mean, I never understood why TT had to make those gimmicked beys like Engine Gear Beys and Magnetic Beys, the latter, was useless just because of that magnet... No wonder people think that TT 'switched' from plastic to metal beys later...

Engine gear was lamesauce because of bulk and height, like Blah stated. Magne gear was a bit gimicky, but it worked flawlessly. 100% compatible with old parts, new functional battle gimmick, and some of the best parts in the game (V2 series).
And, it gave us the HMC, which should have been better distributed, but oh well... Though, the difficulty of getting Neo Left SG casings is a pain. I really should get onto finishing my plastic "wants" before they disappear... Uncertain

That said, after the EG debacle, they made HMS, which is probably the coolest series ever made. I stopped buying before HMS though, and I don't want to create another money-drain by starting a collection Tongue_out
(Jun. 08, 2011  3:44 PM)th!nk Wrote: And, it gave us the HMC, which should have been better distributed, but oh well... Though, the difficulty of getting Neo Left SG casings is a pain. I really should get onto finishing my plastic "wants" before they disappear... Uncertain

Getting any left casings is a pain, and I blame Engine Gear. I mainly see EG stuff up for sale because it, along with HMS, comprised G-Revolution which was the last season for the first series. EG's didn't have left casings Pinching_eyes

I just started up my plastic collection again. Got a couple of BBA rares and some starter competitive parts.
I bought a couple of plastics when I got into MFB. However, most of my plastics play as a kid didn't involve "rules" per se (though, unlike many staff maintain, it didn't result in chaos, as if anyone went too far, people would call BS). Illegal modifications abounded, and, frankly, made it a lot more like the TV show, and I loved that Tongue_out

So, I find legal MFB play more enjoyable than legal plastics play (plus, half of my plastics are fake or modified somehow). That said, I still love plastics. But, I need Left SG Casings, the HMC, and the Wide WD's (Wide Defense/Survivor), and that's getting expensive. Considering I might be too sick to work for a while, I really can't be buying anything much any time soon Uncertain
(Jun. 08, 2011  3:57 PM)th!nk Wrote: I bought a couple of plastics when I got into MFB. However, most of my plastics play as a kid didn't involve "rules" per se (though, unlike many staff maintain, it didn't result in chaos, as if anyone went too far, people would call BS). Illegal modifications abounded, and, frankly, made it a lot more like the TV show, and I loved that Tongue_out

So, I find legal MFB play more enjoyable than legal plastics play (plus, half of my plastics are fake or modified somehow). That said, I still love plastics. But, I need Left SG Casings, the HMC, and the Wide WD's (Wide Defense/Survivor), and that's getting expensive. Considering I might be too sick to work for a while, I really can't be buying anything much any time soon Uncertain

Even I love MFB battles more... Haha! Your first paragraph is too funny!

About the Magnet thing- Well, yes! I do realize that some of the best top tiers in the plastic generation were released with that series. But, couldn't they do without the magnets?! Tongue_out Well, I have a TT magnestadium and a couple of magnetic beys, namely Flash Leopard, Driger V, Dranzer (something). And, the battles are annoying! If you hold the magnet in your hand, it feels more like a Battle Strikers battle....
(Jun. 08, 2011  3:57 PM)th!nk Wrote: I bought a couple of plastics when I got into MFB. However, most of my plastics play as a kid didn't involve "rules" per se (though, unlike many staff maintain, it didn't result in chaos, as if anyone went too far, people would call BS). Illegal modifications abounded, and, frankly, made it a lot more like the TV show, and I loved that Tongue_out

Wide Survivor has always been insanely expensive, due to the fact it never got a proper release (aside from Random Boosters). Wide Defense was released with a few different Draciel sets I believe, and you can find them for a decent price. You'll have to sacrifice the shiny green plating, but it's well worth it.

I used to own a red plated wide survivor, a green wide defense, and a silver wide defense. Got all of them in a trade with Guardian Odin a long time ago.

I never got into the modification side of plastic beys, as I was on the forums a lot.
I bought about 5 dragoon g hoping theyd be rare in the future we need to learn to see the future -sigh-
Lol. I have the blue silver power one from Hasbro. and ofc the enginr too. Still trying to find the full part. FML, I think Inferno should be a destabilizer =3
(Jun. 08, 2011  8:01 PM)Evan Wrote: Wide Survivor has always been insanely expensive, due to the fact it never got a proper release (aside from Random Boosters). Wide Defense was released with a few different Draciel sets I believe, and you can find them for a decent price. You'll have to sacrifice the shiny green plating, but it's well worth it.

I used to own a red plated wide survivor, a green wide defense, and a silver wide defense. Got all of them in a trade with Guardian Odin a long time ago.

I never got into the modification side of plastic beys, as I was on the forums a lot.

Wide survivor is the main one I need, for making a Legal version of my main plastics bey. That said, I might get the SonoKong Draciel/Dragoon set, though, given the other Sonokong WD's, it might be less useful, given smaller size, but the Storm Grip is a nice addition, given the rubber came out of mine Uncertain