Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Apr. 20, 2011  3:31 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Japanese Bladers do not necessarily use WD more in Japanese tournaments though ... It dominates for us, but we are different to Japan.

Just like the Italian meta game (not necessarily the same part, but you get the point.)
Actually, I do notice more Japanese stamina combos use D instead. That may be due to their use of low beys like libra 100d or lower. Personally, I found D to work better than wd or sd for mfh libra 85__, as it scrapes less/is, more stable than the others. Of course, those japanese stamina observations are probably dated now.
I agree to you th!nk. Even I prefer a D or a SD tip... But if everyone consider WD top tier, then I can do nothing but follow what they say...
(Apr. 20, 2011  7:09 AM)Janstarblast Wrote: I agree to you th!nk. Even I prefer a D or a SD tip... But if everyone consider WD top tier, then I can do nothing but follow what they say...

Play how you want to play. Nothing is stopping you. The rules don't say you must use a certain part.
I know that Nano, no offense at all. I am just saying that D is better than WD, so I always wonder why it isn't a top tier. WD is top tier coz its larger surface area allows it to wobble for a longer time, agreed. But in my view, D does perform better....
That is very situational. WD was the best because 145 stamina combos were all the trend. WD would allow the 145 combos to tilt and spin a bit longer. However, now that there are low track stamina combos and 230 combos D has more use. As pointed before, WD would cause too much tilt on low track combos and result in scraping. D doesn't till as much making it much better.
WD is better on 230 Having more "Tilt" because of Being higher. Thats Physics but I like D on 230 more... o.O
Well, thats what Hero said. I should have been specific, my bad. The highest track I ever owned was 135. I also own 145, but I hardly use it.
(Apr. 20, 2011  12:10 AM)Nano Wrote:
(Apr. 19, 2011  5:03 PM)faissaloo Wrote:
(Apr. 19, 2011  4:59 PM)Mr. N Wrote:
(Apr. 19, 2011  4:41 PM)Jacksonian Wrote: Hey, can you guys take this to a PM to reduce your own chances for spam points eh?

But why would we launch our beys into mud in the first place?

and it influences people to launch there bey on to the floor, which smashes the performance tip
The show infuences people to do crazy things like launching their Beyblade into lava to evolve them.

You did it wrong... Plus it's not polite to change people's words in their quotes.

no sorry I did not mean to change it my computer keeps typing right in the middle of my messages
Well, I should clarify that I feel it's situational, for 145 height stamina, I use WD, same for earth based ltsc's, on which I much prefer it over other options. Haven't tried D at 145 regularly enough, though. I personally can't find much use for sd, but I rarely do stamina vs stamina (I find it dull), but even then, I personally don't like relying too heavily on predicting, and in that case, I'd probably use an attack type or 230cs or whatever instead of relying on guessing which bottom to use.
(Apr. 20, 2011  7:22 AM)Janstarblast Wrote: I know that Nano, no offense at all. I am just saying that D is better than WD, so I always wonder why it isn't a top tier. WD is top tier coz its larger surface area allows it to wobble for a longer time, agreed. But in my view, D does perform better....

I know the competitive tier list it out of date but it still has on it for stamina. Also do some testing for proof if you don't like it.
(Apr. 20, 2011  7:26 AM)Hero Wrote: WD would cause too much tilt on low track combos and result in scraping. D doesn't till as much making it much better.

IIRC WD is better on low tracks then SD

i think that if WD is considered better then SD, then shouldn't D be better then SD for the same reason?
It is odd. All the rumours I used to read on Japanese websites were usually completely confirmed, but apparently that BB-113 is really not a new Ketos, it is Kronos.

According to Saigo, it is not "Size Kronos", but "Scythe Kronos", hah.
(Apr. 20, 2011  4:46 PM)lord Wolfblade Wrote:
(Apr. 20, 2011  7:26 AM)Hero Wrote: WD would cause too much tilt on low track combos and result in scraping. D doesn't till as much making it much better.

i think that if WD is considered better then SD, then shouldn't D be better then SD for the same reason?

lord Wolfblade: What your saying is nonsense. SD has more stamina than D. Also different bottoms act differently. You shouldn't just assume things.

Anyway I definitely we some testing should be done on this on the difference the bottoms make.
Why doesn't everyone just test for themselves and see what works best? Seems like a lot of this is just opinion anyway.

(Apr. 20, 2011  5:05 PM)Kai-V Wrote: It is odd. All the rumours I used to read on Japanese websites were usually completely confirmed, but apparently that BB-113 is really not a new Ketos, it is Kronos.

Awwww, I was hoping for a nice new wheel for my white whale combo Uncertain

But hey, Scythe Kronos could be really cool, I guess we're going for a "Father Time" theme. It'd be cool to have a "Bearded Man" Clear Wheel, though I suspect it'll involve hourglasses. That said, it's a bit odd so soon after Horogium, especially if it's given the same powers in the anime (note: I don't watch the anime). :V

Scythe sounds cool and evokes images of what should be a good attack wheel, but probably won't. I guess I'd be a fool to hope for dual spin directions, which, with a scythe shape, could give smash or "upper" or something. I mean, it could be justified for the same reasons we justified horogium as potentially being dual direction. In my best dreams, it'd be a CW that worked in both directions, but worked with all MW's. (Fang in left spin... Also, burn is pretty impressive in left spin)

Maybe, like an actual scythe, the actual damaging area will be inside the beyblade, so it'll be just as awkward to use? >Grin

But yeah, I was already pretty excited about Kronos. I keep wanting to say Chronos, as I prefer that spelling, but I believe the root is Greek, which would suggest Kronos is probably more correct from my (albeit limited) knowledge of greek linguistics.
I think it's a bit stupid to have another time blade so soon. It's only 9 releases ofter horogium. Will this be released with BB-112 in May?
That said, SO COOL. Surprised we haven't had a grim reaper blade now, but I guess if that were released it'd use the scythe wheel too. Uncertain

Then again, are direct representations of death acceptable in Japan? I know in japanese, they taught us to use Yon instead of Shi for 4, as Shi is also the word for Death (or similar to it, I forget).
It could be the first for TT releasing a starter without basing it on a constellation. Kronos is a God (Zeus' father). He carries a sickle (thus scythe) for harvesting.

It could be the start of many wonderful god series beyblades to come... maybe?
(Apr. 20, 2011  5:44 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: I think it's a bit stupid to have another time blade so soon. It's only 9 releases ofter horogium. Will this be released with BB-112 in May?

I already posted when BB-113 comes out, and when BB-112 does ...

th!nk Wrote:Then again, are direct representations of death acceptable in Japan? I know in japanese, they taught us to use Yon instead of Shi for 4, as Shi is also the word for Death (or similar to it, I forget).

Yes, I think they are a lot more acceptable there.

Uwik Wrote:It could be the first for TT releasing a starter without basing it on a constellation. Kronos is a God (Zeus' father). He carries a sickle (thus scythe) for harvesting.

It could be the start of many wonderful god series beyblades to come... maybe?

Kronos is based on Saturn ...
Hmm, but Saturn is a planet, and planets travel from one constellation to the next. It's currently in Leo or perhaps Virgo now.

I'm aware that Kronos is identical to Saturn and Father time. But it's different in a way to what we're normally used to. I mean, Saturn is astronomical, but it's not a constellation. Father time is 'time-related' but it's not Horogium. Imo, it's more linked towards Anubis, Quetz, Horuseus etc..
(Apr. 20, 2011  5:20 PM)Ultrablader Wrote:
(Apr. 20, 2011  4:46 PM)lord Wolfblade Wrote:

lord Wolfblade: What your saying is nonsense. SD has more stamina than D. Also different bottoms act differently. You shouldn't just assume things.

i know completely that SD is better for stamina, i have known that for as long as i have been here. i was just stating something i found kinda interesting, not something that i believe is true/that i think is a fact

what i mean is WD is thought to be better (i can not remember completely why but it is something to do with WD being wider then SD IIRC), so if WD is better then SD because it is wider, then should D also be better then SD. though to me it is slightly logical, it is untrue and SD is better
WD and SD are usually considered equal when you pit them against each other and against defense types, but because WD's wider surface area gives it a slightly better chance against attack types it tends to get chosen over SD in general on lower tracks.
(Apr. 20, 2011  5:58 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Apr. 20, 2011  5:44 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: I think it's a bit stupid to have another time blade so soon. It's only 9 releases ofter horogium. Will this be released with BB-112 in May?

I already posted when BB-113 comes out, and when BB-112 does ...

um where exactly? I search the whole thread and found nothing.
(Apr. 20, 2011  5:05 PM)Kai-V Wrote: It is odd. All the rumours I used to read on Japanese websites were usually completely confirmed, but apparently that BB-113 is really not a new Ketos, it is Kronos.

Is it going to be a Starter or a Booster?
(Apr. 20, 2011  7:23 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: um where exactly? I search the whole thread and found nothing.
Kai-V stated before that BB-112 will be Carabiner Grip Heat Red, and will be released in May. I couldn't remember where, but maybe a whole thread for BB-112, which then locked until further information.

BB-113 should be in June.

(Apr. 20, 2011  7:26 PM)Mr. N Wrote: Is it going to be a Starter or a Booster?

There's a high possibility that BB-113 will be a starter.