Beyblade Random Thoughts

I was just looking on the Build me a combo Thread and I just thought LLD is just a Fantastic Bey. It is arguably the Best attack type ATM All people have to do is Slap a RF and a Metal Face on a LLD and theres a Top tier. Most new kids with Limited beys will probably have Pegasis anyways.

My point LLD is so Good yet so easy to make Top Tier
(Apr. 03, 2011  5:09 AM)Aquilaz112 Wrote: MF Hell Kerebecs BD145 CS has already taken it Down though.

I don't think so. In testing Basalt 230 generally does better doesn't it?

Also another note my attack stadium is being really wierd. Attack types don't do anything anymore. Maybe I need to clean it?
(Apr. 03, 2011  9:03 AM)Ultrablader Wrote: Also another note my attack stadium is being really wierd. Attack types don't do anything anymore. Maybe I need to clean it?

Try that. It could also be your RFs are really worn or 230CS destroying everything. Haha
I tried a mint one on Hell Kerbecs BD145RF against MF Earth Bull GB145RS and it generally did nothing to it at all. I'll clean it later today I guess and see what happens. If it doesn't work I may need a new stadium.
(Apr. 03, 2011  9:24 AM)Ultrablader Wrote: I tried a mint one on Hell Kerbecs BD145RF against MF Earth Bull GB145RS and it generally did nothing to it at all. I'll clean it later today I guess and see what happens. If it doesn't work I may need a new stadium.

Hmm. I generally don't see Hell Kerbecs to excel in attack.
Hell BD145 RF is great for Attack.
It Is preffered by a lot of Italians.
italians have a largely attack based metagame, I'd suppose it more an RF based defence combo.
(Apr. 03, 2011  9:29 AM)Hero Wrote:
(Apr. 03, 2011  9:24 AM)Ultrablader Wrote: I tried a mint one on Hell Kerbecs BD145RF against MF Earth Bull GB145RS and it generally did nothing to it at all. I'll clean it later today I guess and see what happens. If it doesn't work I may need a new stadium.

Hmm. I generally don't see Hell Kerbecs to excel in attack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuCEysnz_d8

I was citing this as my source. Maybe Hell BD145 is only good against 230.
Hell can only really attack if it can get under things, which means even LTSC's can be troublesome sometimes.

By the way, I've barely used my vulcan wheel lately, so I got it out, and it's actually still pretty impressive, on CH145 it seems to do reasonably well against mfh basalt aquario 230CS. Though, on CH120 it can't handle MFH Basalt Aquario BD145CS reliably. On 85 it CAN beat Basalt BD145 (albeit not that reliably), but yeah, not so good against 230CS It still has wild smash though, most battles end in a KO for one bey.

Also, (MF) Screw Pisces 90RF (CW choice seems to make a difference, Horogium may also work) is similar in performance, it's not AS strong, but it's still quite a deadly combo. It now needs an MF to have a chance of surviving recoil from the now heavier beys we use, but yeah. I mean, it's not "AMAZING", but it's pretty good, considering it comes with 90 out of the box, and only needs a new CW (and considering most people will be getting horogium, that's not too hard), and an RF, and you get a pretty good attack combo. I can see why this destroyed earth in my testing, it's impressive. It's not as smashy as vulcan, but it does seem to get some Double KO's where vulcan would just be KO'd, so I guess it's got slightly less recoil or something.

And you want a CW that gives maximum clearance to the shape of Screw. The only CW's I don't have are Virgo, Chimera, Anubis, Susanoo, Rex, Blaze, Herculeo, Serpent, Aries, Orso, LeoneII and Pegasis III, and none of them look that suitable from what I can tell (half of those are in the mail, so I'll know soonish, but yeah)
I've always used Pisces, however, Horogium was suggested to me by Darkblader12, and after taking a look, looks like it'll give adequate clearance, though I haven't tested it. While I still believe Pisces is a better choice, people are more likely to have horogium, so yeah.
... to day i totaled my sharp botom it got distroyedCryingPinching_eyes_2
@ meteorking's sig: WHOA LIBRAS LEGAL!!! wait that must mean.... basalts band right?
No Basalt isn't banned and stop double posting. By the way, how did you break your S tip. And that goes in the http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Whine-ab...#pid599495 thread.
(Apr. 03, 2011  10:31 PM)boblittle Wrote: ... to day i totaled my sharp botom it got distroyedCryingPinching_eyes_2
@ meteorking's sig: WHOA LIBRAS LEGAL!!! wait that must mean.... basalts band right?

There's is a thread for this. It is called "Whine about your breaks".
Libra being unbanned is old news and Basalt is not banned. Please read around before you post.
(Apr. 03, 2011  10:31 PM)boblittle Wrote: ... to day i totaled my sharp botom it got distroyedCryingPinching_eyes_2

Absolutely not. There are no banned parts any longer.
Cryingim sorryCrying
Hmm, the talk in the advanced forum is about the stamina list.

I also think the deense lineup should be looked into.

Because, basalt 230, basalt bd145, hell 230, and hell bd145. IMO outclass mf earth bull and libra both.

And what are 230 cs combos being called? Defense?
Because wheels like hell and flame 230 cs seem the closest to a balance that I can see.
But obviously basalt 230 cs is defense
(Apr. 04, 2011  3:53 PM)SSJfisherman Wrote: Hmm, the talk in the advanced forum is about the stamina list.

I also think the deense lineup should be looked into.

Because, basalt 230, basalt bd145, hell 230, and hell bd145. IMO outclass mf earth bull and libra both.

And what are 230 cs combos being called? Defense?
Because wheels like hell and flame 230 cs seem the closest to a balance that I can see.

and the attack lineup should be looked into a bit more

its not just your opinion, many feel the same

well most say defence but i think them more as a balance combo
example combo: MF-H basalt 230CS (posted before your edit saying that basalt 230 is defence)

1. it kills all other types, balance combos do the same (but i think not to the crazy extent this combo does)

2. CS, has all three attributes, stamina, attack, and defence use all in one tip

3. i do not have a third point
(Apr. 04, 2011  4:00 PM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: 1. it kills all other types, balance combos do the same (but i think not to the crazy extent this combo does)

2. CS, has all three attributes, stamina, attack, and defence use all in one tip

3. i do not have a third point

LOL, was that to clear more space in your post? Joyful_2
I just noticed that Fang in Defense mode has much more attack than Ray. I wonder what it would do in Counter mode. (I looked up a video on Youtube, I don't have Fang Leone.)
(Apr. 04, 2011  5:24 PM)X1 Wrote: I just noticed that Fang in Defense mode has much more attack than Ray. I wonder what it would do in Counter mode. (I looked up a video on Youtube, I don't have Fang Leone.)

Ray doesn't actually have that much attack IMO (though my sonokong ray does better than my TT rays, it's still not much). Screw has more.

Either way, right spin attack types don't work very well against modern defence combos, so yeah. This dos remind me that I need to check if there's been any testing done on fang yet, though.
Mercury Anubis now only £26!? And it used to be £50 before.
(Apr. 04, 2011  7:19 PM)Raijin Wrote: Mercury Anubis now only £26!? And it used to be £50 before.

I suppose it used to be oh so exclusive, even without the 85 and XF going for it.
Well, with brave version released, and 85 coming in the popular BB-96 (and the MLD URS, along with XF), there's not that much of a reason to buy it, so prices will drop. Still too pricey for me, at least when I use common sense.

I really have to hold off buying beyblades (or at least, not-great beyblades), and get back to saving what I earn, and saving for an egnater tweaker (Guitar Amp)... Gahhhh
So, I'm guessing the last Legend Series bey is going to be wolf? I know we haven't had any info on it, but the only unreleased name I can find on the beybattles username list is Shadow. The unreleased beys so far are LDrago, Escolpio, and, Wolf (given pisces has thermal and gemios has killer). Out of them, Wolf came out early in the line, and all beys from that period have been given counterparts. Also, Shadow Wolf seems like a rather obvious choice for the name.
Ldrago would be difficult given the Plastic wheel would interfere, as much as it'd be awesome, it'd be a lot of effort for Hasbro. Escolpio, well, what more can you remove from it, there's nothing ON it in the first place.
So, yeah. I guess people probably figured this out themselves, but the main thing is, it's a shame we didn't get a legend series LDrago, it might have actually been useful as a destabiliser, maybe even exhibit upper attack...

But yeah, wolf, another pre-hws wheel that would be so much better were it able to spin the other way, being made into an even weaker imitation of itself.

Also, man did I kill the conversation before, sorry for the double post. Smile
(Apr. 05, 2011  9:09 PM)th!nk Wrote: So, I'm guessing the last Legend Series bey is going to be wolf? I know we haven't had any info on it, but the only unreleased name I can find on the beybattles username list is Shadow. The unreleased beys so far are LDrago, Escolpio, and, Wolf (given pisces has thermal and gemios has killer). Out of them, Wolf came out early in the line, and all beys from that period have been given counterparts. Also, Shadow Wolf seems like a rather obvious choice for the name.
Ldrago would be difficult given the Plastic wheel would interfere, as much as it'd be awesome, it'd be a lot of effort for Hasbro. Escolpio, well, what more can you remove from it, there's nothing ON it in the first place.
So, yeah. I guess people probably figured this out themselves, but the main thing is, it's a shame we didn't get a legend series LDrago, it might have actually been useful as a destabiliser, maybe even exhibit upper attack...

But yeah, wolf, another pre-hws wheel that would be so much better were it able to spin the other way, being made into an even weaker imitation of itself.

Also, man did I kill the conversation before, sorry for the double post. Smile

um Gemios has killer and pisces has thermal? Just because they aparantly look similar to the originals doesn't mean they're not gonna release legend versions... Also personally I don't think that hws versions of pisces and gemios really look similar anyway.
Woah, chill. I was only making a reasoned guess, as I stated.
Here's some more reasoning, though:
Hasbro has so far included ALL of it's released wheels from the legend series on the beybladebattles.com username menu since the site went up. The only name that hasn't been used on a MW is shadow.That's my main line of reasoning, they could change their mind, but with Metal Masters is being released soon, I'd think they'd focus on that rather than making new versions of wheels they already have "Close Enough"'s for.

Either that, or Pisces or Gemios gets Shadow over Wolf. Other than Shadow Wolf obviously being a shoe-in, Wolf is still by far the earliest release not to get a Legend, and considering Pisces and Gemios already have similar wheels, and the other two aren't so likely for the reasons I've explained, I'd expect it to be at least the next release, and yeah, I DO think it'll be the last.

I could be wrong, obviously, but I think I've justified my speculation well enough?