Beyblade Random Thoughts

I think I know why Longinus has a dragon motif. Ofc the name Longinus refers to St. Longinus but the Long portion might refer to Shenlong.

Shenlong, also Shen-lung, (simplified Chinese: 神龙; traditional Chinese: 神龍; pinyin: shén lóng, literally "god dragon" or "spirit dragon") is a spiritual dragon from Chinese mythology who is the master of storms and also a bringer of rain.
(Nov. 03, 2020  11:56 PM)Tommykats Wrote: I think know why Longinus has a dragon motif. Ofc the name Longinus refers to St. Longinus but Long portion might refers to Shenlong.  

Shenlong, also Shen-lung, (simplified Chinese: 神龙; traditional Chinese: 神龍; pinyin: shén lóng, literally "god dragon" or "spirit dragon") is a spiritual dragon from Chinese mythology who is the master of storms and also a bringer of rain.

the storm and rain thing also explains why it's blue and silver instead of the roman centurion gold and red
I “awakened” my nothing today (the spring is weaker so it goes into nothing break easier)
(Nov. 03, 2020  4:39 PM)The Blacknight Wrote:
(Nov. 03, 2020  12:28 AM)BeybladeManiac0 Wrote: Even before I saw the fanart, I always pictured Libra as some form of skeleton with a blindfold on, chained to scales, with the skeleton's arms being the arms of the scales.

they ran out of ideas. i mean, wth was that stupid carp avatar for orion?

I think it looked like this?-
[Image: 5MUJHyxrdCo6_Va4PALvlvp48afxZzFY1UOpIrxV...2vfWpr7oPJ]
(Nov. 04, 2020  10:51 PM)BeybladeManiac0 Wrote:
(Nov. 03, 2020  4:39 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: they ran out of ideas. i mean, wth was that stupid carp avatar for orion?

I think it looked like this?-

That’s too handsome. It was nothing like that.
(Nov. 04, 2020  11:36 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Nov. 04, 2020  10:51 PM)BeybladeManiac0 Wrote: I think it looked like this?-

That’s too handsome. It was nothing like that.

Oh yeah, you're right. Now I remember what it looked like-
[Image: 220?cb=20110918005834]
This will probably go down in history as The Most Unoriginal and Most Stoopid Beyblade Avatar Ever.
(Nov. 04, 2020  11:45 PM)BeybladeManiac0 Wrote:
(Nov. 04, 2020  11:36 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: That’s too handsome. It was nothing like that.

Oh yeah, you're right. Now I remember what it looked like-
This will probably go down in history as The Most Unoriginal and Most Stoopid Beyblade Avatar Ever.

I know, it was just a floating jack-o-lantern face.
(Nov. 04, 2020  11:47 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Nov. 04, 2020  11:45 PM)BeybladeManiac0 Wrote: Oh yeah, you're right. Now I remember what it looked like-

I know, it was just a floating jack-o-lantern face.

They could've at least made it a Towering-Goliath-Beast-Thing. That would've suited it better because Phantom Orion is supposed to be FEARED. Not ROASTED on WBO servers.
How to remake Beyblade mfb into burst
Variares D : D: Cho-z Spriggan 0 zeta’
L-drago Destructor: Lightning L-drago generate
Diablo Nemesis: World Lucifer 2B Trick (free spin on 2B) Xtend + (fixed blade)
Big Bang Pegasus: storm Pegasus zenith ultimate reboot’
Phantom Orion: Archer Hercules 0 proof bearing
Jade Jupiter: Galaxy Zeus outer keep’
Mercury Anubis: Heaven Spriggan Goku 00 wall accel’
Fang Leone: Rock Leone 00 bump wave
Flash sagittario: Regalia Genesis wheel high jaggy’ (sagittario without the height isn’t sagittario)
Scythe Kronos: tornado Wyvern hurricane rise (shouldn’t be too much of a problem as long as the claws don’t make contact) fixed blade mode, World Achilles/Valkyrie 2A rise (couldn’t find a better driver)

Death Quetzalcoatl is just built differently
(Nov. 03, 2020  11:56 PM)Tommykats Wrote: I think I know why Longinus has a dragon motif. Ofc the name Longinus refers to St. Longinus but the Long portion might refer to Shenlong.  

Beyblade Longinus just refers to Chinese Dragon.
(Nov. 05, 2020  1:46 PM)蒼井バルト Wrote:
(Nov. 03, 2020  11:56 PM)Tommykats Wrote: I think I know why Longinus has a dragon motif. Ofc the name Longinus refers to St. Longinus but the Long portion might refer to Shenlong.  

No, Longinus is the dude who stabbed Jesus w/a lance, which is why there are a ton of lances hidden in Longinus and on the dragon heads.

#google
It's also the reason why Longinus was the first burst bey to have metal (the lance head)
(Nov. 05, 2020  2:55 PM)The Blacknight Wrote:
(Nov. 05, 2020  1:46 PM)蒼井バルト Wrote: Beyblade Longinus just refers to Chinese Dragon.

No, Longinus is the dude who stabbed Jesus w/a lance, which is why there are a ton of lances hidden in Longinus and on the dragon heads.

#google

You're right. It says that in the wiki
See for yourself
(Nov. 05, 2020  1:46 PM)蒼井バルト Wrote:

Actually, the namesake is that of, according to Wikipedia, “ Longinus is the name given to the unnamed Roman soldier who pierced the side of Jesus with a lance and who in medieval and some modern Christian traditions is described as a convert to Christianity. His name first appeared in the apocryphal Gospel of Nicodemus.”
(Nov. 05, 2020  11:35 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Nov. 05, 2020  1:46 PM)蒼井バルト Wrote: Beyblade Longinus just refers to Chinese Dragon.

Actually, the namesake is that of, according to Wikipedia, “ Longinus is the name given to the unnamed Roman soldier who pierced the side of Jesus with a lance and who in medieval and some modern Christian traditions is described as a convert to Christianity. His name first appeared in the apocryphal Gospel of Nicodemus.”

This is correct. The “dragon” bit, I’m not entirely sure why that is Longinus’s motif, perhaps it was just the lack of Beys with a dragon motif back in the dual layer series, but it could be something else.
I made a thread for this but it got closed. to be fair, kinda stupid to begin with

It all started with Hyperion Burn and Helios Volcano.

Hyperion Burn is not a Hyperion evo, it's a Khalzar(bcause the other one is too hard to spell) evo. And Helios Volcano is an Arc Bahamut Evo.

Look at this:
Both released at the same time.
Ok, that's it? HA LOL U THOUGHT

Khalzar Burn:
Has extending parts at half burst for attack
Has four contact points(under. and if Super had two, why doesn't burn have two?)
Rubber attack driver.
Non-Rotating driver.
Unbalanced-looking disc.

Bahamut Volcano:
Twists to multiply contact points by two.
Twist Gimmick is for defense.
Rotating driver.
Bump's red blades and Helios' small red blades serve the same purpose: Defense.

Then I thought: What about other sparking beys? And I realized: ALL ANIME LEGEND'S BEYS HAVE THE GIMMICKS OF THE LAST EVOLUTION OF THE ORIGINAL BEY.

What do I mean? look at this.
Legend=World
Both have a Unite archetype driver.
Both are the first beys that could switch spin direction in their series.
Both have a black and red color scheme.
Both have no rubber.

Wait... wasn't Cho-z Spriggan the Last evolution of the original bey?
WRONG.
Shu ABANDONED legend and created Requiem, so Legend is still the last evolution.

Mirage=Geist
Nothing archetype
Has atk and def mode

Rage=Bloody
High upper atk
Spiral Archetype
Dragon head in the middle

The list goes on. The only weird one is Slash=Brave, but Blitz can be twisted w/Slash like 2A and Brave. And Diabolos doesn't count, not in anime.
Now I know why the Burst version of Rock Leone looks so odd.
[Image: 6832866005_44e4c1e574_o_by_naivintage_de...bqZd7wvqWE]
(Nov. 11, 2020  1:31 AM)The Blacknight Wrote: I made a thread for this but it got closed. to be fair, kinda stupid to begin with

Hyperion Burn is not a Hyperion evo, it's a Khalzar(bcause the other one is too hard to spell) evo. And Helios Volcano is an Arc Bahamut Evo.

Look at this:

Khalzar Burn:
Has four contact points(under. and if Super had two, why doesn't burn have two?)
Rubber attack driver.
Non-Rotating driver.
Unbalanced-looking disc.

Bahamut Volcano:
Rotating driver.

Then I thought: What about other sparking beys? And I realized: ALL ANIME LEGEND'S BEYS HAVE THE GIMMICKS OF THE LAST EVOLUTION OF THE ORIGINAL BEY.

Legend=World
Both have no rubber.

WRONG.
Shu ABANDONED legend and created Requiem, so Legend is still the last evolution.

Mirage=Geist
Nothing archetype
Has atk and def mode

Rage=Bloody
High upper atk
Spiral Archetype

The list goes on. The only weird one is Slash=Brave, but Blitz can be twisted w/Slash like 2A and Brave. And Diabolos doesn't count, not in anime.
That’s because they actually use their lines staple gimmick, not last gimmick. Valkyrie is an exception because it’s special as it doesn’t have a staple gimmick but rather always something new.
(Nov. 11, 2020  10:00 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Nov. 11, 2020  1:31 AM)The Blacknight Wrote: I made a thread for this but it got closed. to be fair, kinda stupid to begin with

Look at this:

Khalzar Burn:
Rubber attack driver.
Non-Rotating driver.
Unbalanced-looking disc.

Bahamut Volcano:
Rotating driver.

Legend=World
Both have no rubber.

WRONG.

Mirage=Geist
Nothing archetype
Has atk and def mode

Rage=Bloody
High upper atk
Spiral Archetype

That’s because they actually use their lines staple gimmick, not last gimmick. Valkyrie is an exception because it’s special as it doesn’t have a staple gimmick but rather always something new.

Yes, but the Volcano and burn thing still stands. also salamander is probably the basis for king
(Nov. 11, 2020  10:06 PM)The Blacknight Wrote:
(Nov. 11, 2020  10:00 PM)Zeutron Wrote: That’s because they actually use their lines staple gimmick, not last gimmick. Valkyrie is an exception because it’s special as it doesn’t have a staple gimmick but rather always something new.

Yes, but the Volcano and burn thing still stands. also salamander is probably the basis for king
Well Volcano and Burn are the upgraded beys of the new protagonists so the staple hasn’t been established.
(Nov. 11, 2020  10:30 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Nov. 11, 2020  10:06 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: Yes, but the Volcano and burn thing still stands. also salamander is probably the basis for king
Well Volcano and Burn are the upgraded beys of the new protagonists so the staple hasn’t been established.

fair, but It's still plausible. just a thought on how they were created.
Why doesn’t any one use wizard? It’s literally the ultimate right spin killer.
(Nov. 11, 2020  11:24 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Why doesn’t any one use wizard? It’s literally the ultimate right spin killer.
I have it and it seems to suck to me, bursts far too much.
(Nov. 12, 2020  12:18 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Nov. 11, 2020  11:24 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Why doesn’t any one use wizard? It’s literally the ultimate right spin killer.

The black and white one seems to be much better than the regular one.
(Nov. 12, 2020  12:18 AM)Zeutron Wrote:

Try light launching it, like really really light, works for me all the time.