Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Nov. 30, 2019  2:08 AM)God Dragruler Wrote:
(Nov. 30, 2019  12:23 AM)BeybladeManiac0 Wrote: Does anyone know what the gimmick of TT's version of Dimension is?

3 mode change from attack , stamina to balance these are the 3 height mode change .

Unlike Hasbro's version, the point is made of rubber, and rises with the tip. The lowest mode has it most exposed, the middle semi-exposed, and the highest is a flat. (Unless I have it reversed.)
(Nov. 30, 2019  2:19 AM)Suzaku-X Wrote:
(Nov. 30, 2019  2:08 AM)God Dragruler Wrote: 3 mode change from attack , stamina to balance these are the 3 height mode change .

Unlike Hasbro's version, the point is made of rubber, and rises with the tip. The lowest mode has it most exposed, the middle semi-exposed, and the highest is a flat. (Unless I have it reversed.)

oh yea forgot the rubber part thx for correcting me on that part.
I HATE VALT
Thanks for the reply. I recently bought Turbo Achilles A4 and had no idea what TT's version did.
(Nov. 30, 2019  2:53 AM)God Dragruler Wrote:
(Nov. 30, 2019  2:19 AM)Suzaku-X Wrote: Unlike Hasbro's version, the point is made of rubber, and rises with the tip. The lowest mode has it most exposed, the middle semi-exposed, and the highest is a flat. (Unless I have it reversed.)

oh yea forgot the rubber part thx for correcting me on that part.
Actually, there are six modes. There are three heights(low, medium, and high) and every height has attack or balance mode. Balance mode has the rubber exposed.
Ah yes, the minutes after I get Hades H4, it gets KO'd into a tile floor and now my Zephyr is illegal. That adds it to the list of Accel, Edge, Dimension, Needle, Trans, Survive., Fusion, and Revolve. At least I have Jaggy for a legal attack driver, I guess???
(Dec. 07, 2019  3:45 AM)Suzaku-X Wrote: Ah yes, the minutes after I get Hades H4, it gets KO'd into a tile floor and now my Zephyr is illegal. That adds it to the list of Accel, Edge, Dimension, Needle, Trans, Survive., Fusion, and Revolve. At least I have Jaggy for a legal attack driver, I guess???

F for respects
(Dec. 07, 2019  3:45 AM)Suzaku-X Wrote: Ah yes, the minutes after I get Hades H4, it gets KO'd into a tile floor and now my Zephyr is illegal. That adds it to the list of Accel, Edge, Dimension, Needle, Trans, Survive., Fusion, and Revolve. At least I have Jaggy for a legal attack driver, I guess???

The rule specifically states that it has to be "obvious damage" from a non-stadium source, so it has to be proven that it was worn down on an unusual surface to be disqualified. Unless there's a mark on it that could only come from a floor tile and not from standard stadium wear, you're honestly fine using it in a tournament. If we were so strict that it was illegal the moment it touched a non-stadium surface, basically everything would become illegal the moment it leaves the stadium and touches the floor. That's not reasonable nor a fair interpretation of that rule.

This rule is mostly there to prevent people from wearing down tips on concrete and similar materials to get really unusual shapes or performance, especially on rubber drivers like Variable where wear matters. This is clearly not that case for any of these drivers.

(Dec. 07, 2019  5:41 AM)BoogietheBlader Wrote: F for respects

As an organizer, I'm surprised you didn't catch on to the above in the slightest.
(Dec. 08, 2019  3:44 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:

The rule specifically states that it has to be "obvious damage" from a non-stadium source, so it has to be proven that it was worn down on an unusual surface to be disqualified. Unless there's a mark on it that could only come from a floor tile and not from standard stadium wear, you're honestly fine using it in a tournament. If we were so strict that it was illegal the moment it touched a non-stadium surface, basically everything would become illegal the moment it leaves the stadium and touches the floor. That's not reasonable nor a fair interpretation of that rule.

This rule is mostly there to prevent people from wearing down tips on concrete and similar materials to get really unusual shapes or performance, especially on rubber drivers like Variable where wear matters. This is clearly not that case for any of these drivers.

(Dec. 07, 2019  5:41 AM)BoogietheBlader Wrote: F for respects

As an organizer, I'm surprised you didn't catch on to the above in the slightest.

Didn't it also say something about the performance changing? I assumed that was one of the results.
(Dec. 08, 2019  6:51 PM)BoogietheBlader Wrote: Didn't it also say something about the performance changing? I assumed that was one of the results.

It's still legal even if it affects performance because you have to prove the damage came from elsewhere. You just can't prove that a dent or scratch (honestly the most likely sort of damage I'd expect from just hitting a tile, presuming it got damaged at all) didn't come from landing in the stadium wrong or by hitting another bey unless there's some obvious proof to the contrary. Without said proof, there's no basis to reject the part.

If the driver got stuck in the grout and is super scratched up or something, that wouldn't be legal until the driver becomes worn enough that the damage is no longer visible, but otherwise it should be fine for tournament use.
(Dec. 08, 2019  7:43 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Dec. 08, 2019  6:51 PM)BoogietheBlader Wrote: Didn't it also say something about the performance changing? I assumed that was one of the results.

It's still legal even if it affects performance because you have to prove the damage came from elsewhere. You just can't prove that a dent or scratch (honestly the most likely sort of damage I'd expect from just hitting a tile, presuming it got damaged at all) didn't come from landing in the stadium wrong or by hitting another bey unless there's some obvious proof to the contrary. Without said proof, there's no basis to reject the part.

If the driver got stuck in the grout and is super scratched up or something, that wouldn't be legal until the driver becomes worn enough that the damage is no longer visible, but otherwise it should be fine for tournament use.

Okay well thank you for the info. It seems I need to brush up on the guide.
Will Delta get a new Diabolos after his venom/erase Diabolos got destroy ed
(Dec. 09, 2019  7:00 AM)PegasusRider Wrote: Will Delta get a new Diabolos after his venom/erase Diabolos got destroy ed

Haven’t you seen it? Find B-155 new diabolos
In my opinion, these are the GREATEST Beyblade memes of all time:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkRCwuHvLAIYoUcrcUfhi...nu8OVxLu&s]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTolRcTK5RDVrMl-2gMEyT...gsL8ettS&s]
Just got my GT customize set, Lord spriggan seems to be agressive as heck, regardless of the mode I put on Dm', but on the lowest mode, it knocks it's opponent STRAIGHT out of the stadium, or bursts them regardless of their combo or rotation.
Using stock combo is rather frightening, Haha
(Apr. 24, 2009  8:53 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I thought this could be fun for Beyblade stuff that doesn't really deserve its own thread but isn't a question.

I don't think I'm going to use either of my Aries ... they're just too valuable. I will probably sell them and rebuy them when Hasbro inevitably releases them for $8. Pisces value seems to be rising as well.

Which aries do you mean? Normal aries or vari aries?
(Dec. 14, 2019  3:59 AM)AshPhoenix Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2009  8:53 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I thought this could be fun for Beyblade stuff that doesn't really deserve its own thread but isn't a question.

I don't think I'm going to use either of my Aries ... they're just too valuable. I will probably sell them and rebuy them when Hasbro inevitably releases them for $8. Pisces value seems to be rising as well.

Which aries do you mean? Normal aries or vari aries?

You do realise that post is over a decade old, right?
(Dec. 14, 2019  8:48 AM)BusyBlader Wrote:
(Dec. 14, 2019  3:59 AM)AshPhoenix Wrote: Which aries do you mean? Normal aries or vari aries?

You do realise that post is over a decade old, right?

I realised after my brain found my head
(Dec. 08, 2019  7:43 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:

For the record, My Edge hit the ground in a way that the very tip of it slants instead of being a point. Zephyr's also slanted and deformed, as well as Accel and lost most of it's stamina potential. I think my Dimension is alright, but most of the tips with small diameters seem to have taken the hits super hard. since I guess they hit the grout at some point. I have to probably carpet the area, honestly.
If a beyblade stops spinning but is still standing up, (like with slingshock tips) is it legally still in until it is knocked over?
(Dec. 14, 2019  8:03 PM)RockXcalius Wrote: If a beyblade stops spinning but is still standing up, (like with slingshock tips) is it legally still in until it is knocked over?

No, it still has to be spinning to be considered spinning.
(Dec. 14, 2019  8:03 PM)RockXcalius Wrote: If a beyblade stops spinning but is still standing up, (like with slingshock tips) is it legally still in until it is knocked over?

The rules say it has to still be spinning as the same direction as it was launched to be legally in the match

As the above have said it must still be rotating to be in play. The rules don't care if it's upright, on its side, or upside-down so long as it fulfills that base requirement of spinning. Otherwise you could have an infinite match because both beys are on wide flat tips standing upright, but no longer able to come into contact or knock the other one over. A match like that would literally never end if it was based on being upright.

Technically if it's rotating the opposite direction it would have had to have come to a dead stop at some point, hence why that doesn't still count as spinning either. It doesn't technically need to be mentioned in the rules since it's basic physics that you can't change direction without a pause somewhere in the middle, but it's there anyways mostly for clarity's sake.
(Dec. 15, 2019  6:04 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:

As the above have said it must still be rotating to be in play. The rules don't care if it's upright, on its side, or upside-down so long as it fulfills that base requirement of spinning. Otherwise you could have an infinite match because both beys are on wide flat tips standing upright, but no longer able to come into contact or knock the other one over. A match like that would literally never end if it was based on being upright.

Technically if it's rotating the opposite direction it would have had to have come to a dead stop at some point, hence why that doesn't still count as spinning either. It doesn't technically need to be mentioned in the rules since it's basic physics that you can't change direction without a pause somewhere in the middle, but it's there anyways mostly for clarity's sake.
Okay
I wonder if soaking Lord's rubber in hot water makes it illegal for tournament use