Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Aug. 26, 2019  12:06 AM)DaGoldenPenguin Wrote: What are the names of hasbro beys getting less and less original. I mean there’s a dread Phoenix and a dread hades. There’s man beys that have turbo in the front of their name, and that’s already the name of the seires

To be fair to Hasbro: Dead Phoenix and Dead Hades are exactly similar in the Japanese version name wise, and with Cho-Z beys, Cho-Z is the name of the series in Japan.
(Aug. 26, 2019  12:08 AM)And Suzaku-X Wrote:
(Aug. 26, 2019  12:06 AM)DaGoldenPenguin Wrote: What are the names of hasbro beys getting less and less original. I mean there’s a dread Phoenix and a dread hades. There’s man beys that have turbo in the front of their name, and that’s already the name of the seires

To be fair to Hasbro: Dead Phoenix and Dead Hades are exactly similar in the Japanese version name wise, and with Cho-Z beys,  Cho-Z is the name of the series in Japan.
Dang

Also why is Hyde / hearts named after 2 body parts
About the names, one could argue that TT is getting less and less original. There’s Dead Hades and Dead Phoenix. There’s beys with the “Cho-Z” prefix, and it’s literally called Beyblade Burst Cho-Z/Super Z. I’m not saying that’s what I think, I’m just saying that TT is guilty of everything you said Hasbro was doing.
(Aug. 26, 2019  12:10 AM)Dash Driver Wrote:

Also why is Hyde / hearts named after 2 body parts
About the names, one could argue that TT is getting less and less original. There’s Dead Hades and Dead Phoenix. There’s beys with the “Cho-Z” prefix, and it’s literally called Beyblade Burst Cho-Z/Super Z. I’m not saying that’s what I think, I’m just saying that TT is guilty of everything you said Hasbro was doing.

Sorry I just am not up to date in tt and I am in hasbro
(Aug. 26, 2019  12:12 AM)DaGoldenPenguin Wrote:
(Aug. 26, 2019  12:10 AM)Dash Driver Wrote: About the names, one could argue that TT is getting less and less original. There’s Dead Hades and Dead Phoenix. There’s beys with the “Cho-Z” prefix, and it’s literally called Beyblade Burst Cho-Z/Super Z. I’m not saying that’s what I think, I’m just saying that TT is guilty of everything you said Hasbro was doing.

Sorry I just am not up to date in tt and I am in hasbro
It’s fine.
(Aug. 25, 2019  11:25 PM)DreamBlade Wrote:
(Aug. 25, 2019  10:31 PM)Rouzuke Wrote: Painted Disks do work, but only the purple 0 has the best Burst resistance with Judgment in that regard. You can try, but it'd be better if you have a ' Driver for the primary Burst resistance

Only have accel'

I see a lot of people talking about the meta and bearing. Because of how apparently cho z and lord Spriggan is mostly used more than others. And I don't think a bearing ban is really that necessary. Salamander is beginning to get outclassed in burst resistance since it can burst to judgment. Basically any strong attack type can beat bearing but it has to attack in the early stages of the match.

But, it is kinda tough to get the consistency of hits unless you have trained extremely well.
I see with Japanese bladers they like to use Volcanic' with pP.

Is there a reason for it? Does it have to do with the awakened Volcanic' I have heard about?
What's the best beyblade you've got this minute?
(Aug. 26, 2019  4:35 PM)joyos Wrote: I see with Japanese bladers they like to use Volcanic' with pP.

Is there a reason for it?  Does it have to do with the awakened Volcanic' I have heard about?

Yes, the awakened volcanic has become quite a popular driver in Japanese beytubers. Its supposed to be a good tornado staller to avoid attack types, and still has enough precession against opposite spin.

I have an awakened volcanic, and I dont think its actually that great. Its stamina is still too weak to outspin any regular defense/stamina combos, and on opposite spin its still difficult to win against Bearing/Xtend+
Has anyone tried Press on a Lift frame? I got one of the 2-packs on a whim and noticed 8 Lift Press was pretty tight on some layers.
(Aug. 27, 2019  2:26 AM)Dracieleone Wrote: Has anyone tried Press on a Lift frame?  I got one of the 2-packs on a whim and noticed 8 Lift Press was pretty tight on some layers.

Relatively tight, yes I have tried that before. But the stamina is way outclassed already even with heavier Layers/Bases
Made my own Cho-Z Valkyrie stickers using the image provided from the Sticker Sheet Scans! topic.  Used a matte white sticker sheet for stickers whose colors needed to pop out and/or had white, and added another layer for the transparent colors using a glossy clear sticker sheet.  Sealed the printed ink with a layer of transparent tape.  Not very cost effective but an interesting project.  Have a lot of both types of sticker paper left over.

[Image: Szjd3Sb.jpg]
(Aug. 27, 2019  2:08 AM)eigerblade Wrote:
(Aug. 26, 2019  4:35 PM)joyos Wrote: I see with Japanese bladers they like to use Volcanic' with pP.

Is there a reason for it?  Does it have to do with the awakened Volcanic' I have heard about?

Yes, the awakened volcanic has become quite a popular driver in Japanese beytubers. Its supposed to be a good tornado staller to avoid attack types, and still has enough precession against opposite spin.

I have an awakened volcanic, and I dont think its actually that great. Its stamina is still too weak to outspin any regular defense/stamina combos, and on opposite spin its still difficult to win against Bearing/Xtend+

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld-PosLxASs&t=368s
This seems to suggest otherwise though (regarding same spin). Also, the same youtube channel has a person who like using Judgement on volcanic'. Seems to work well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feG2xtMJcwE is the link for the judement combo.
(Aug. 27, 2019  1:44 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2019  2:08 AM)eigerblade Wrote: Yes, the awakened volcanic has become quite a popular driver in Japanese beytubers. Its supposed to be a good tornado staller to avoid attack types, and still has enough precession against opposite spin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld-PosLxASs&t=368s
This seems to suggest otherwise though (regarding same spin). Also, the same youtube channel has a person who like using Judgement on volcanic'. Seems to work well.

First video: 

As much as I respect Uchuu coffee for their 3 on 3 competitive videos. I cannot trust same spin Volcanic' tests. Do you expect me to believe PP Xtend+ cannot spin longer than a PP with awakened Volcanic? The best awakened Volcanic I see can only spin solo for 48 seconds tops (my 2 Vl' is at 39 seconds and 43 seconds).

The video shows a right spin PP Vl' against 3 right spin beys. I see PP Xtend+ running out of stamina before PP Vl', with only minimal contact at the beginning. It is a sign that something is wrong with their "test".

There was a video where it was tested against left spin bearing by another Japanese channel (it also shows how to make an awakened Vl'), and while the precession is commendable, its still unable to win against Wall Bearing like advertised.

2nd video:

Judgment works well with a LOT of drivers. Against most combos a fresh judgment has enough attack power to utilize a bunch of drivers while still being effective.
(Aug. 27, 2019  2:44 PM)eigerblade Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2019  1:44 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld-PosLxASs&t=368s

First video: 

As much as I respect Uchuu coffee for their 3 on 3 competitive videos. I cannot trust same spin Volcanic' tests. Do you expect me to believe PP Xtend+ cannot spin longer than a PP with awakened Volcanic? The best awakened Volcanic I see can only spin solo for 48 seconds tops (my 2 Vl' is at 39 seconds and 43 seconds).

The video shows a right spin PP Vl' against 3 right spin beys. I see PP Xtend+ running out of stamina before PP Vl', with only minimal contact at the beginning. It is a sign that something is wrong with their "test".

There was a video where it was tested against left spin bearing by another Japanese channel (it also shows how to make an awakened Vl'), and while the precession is commendable, its still unable to win against Wall Bearing like advertised.

2nd video:

Judgment works well with a LOT of drivers. Against most combos a fresh judgment has enough attack power to utilize a bunch of drivers while still being effective.

I think pP xt+ lost stamina because it was not fine tuned. Also, where did you see the 48 second spin?
(Aug. 27, 2019  3:28 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: I think pP xt+ lost stamina because it was not fine tuned. Also, where did you see the 48 second spin?

Winning against a very badly tuned combo does not make Vl' look good, no?

I forgot where I saw the 48 second mark, but I did manage to find the video I mentioned
1st: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDBOKDV4eeE
2nd: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxQ1__xirjg

1st video shows about 45 seconds of solo spin stamina, and it has a lot of tests against Hell Salamander and ChoZ Spriggan with Bearing.
The video has Vl' winning a fair amount of times, but my own testing shows *very* different results

Furthermore, there has been rumors about Asian beytubers using modified stadiums. While I do not have any actual proof on this, this has made my doubts about Vl' even bigger (sorry for quoting you guys, btw).

I still bothered to make 2 awakened Vl' nonetheless, since they are quite surprising and fun to use despite the things I say about them

(Aug. 05, 2019  8:11 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Aug. 05, 2019  6:59 AM)Kevo Wrote: I can tell you why I started doing it. At first I noticed some Japanese beytuber’s stadiums were extra glossy and slick. I theorized they were using some kind of lubricant that’s safe on plastics (such as silicone spray). My theory was confirmed when someone shared a video of a Japanese beytuber exposing other channels for secretly spraying their stadium along with bearing and atomic drivers.

The truth is, using a slicked up stadium changes battles entirely. Beyblades fall of balance easier, get knocked out easier, and it’s easier to stall with drivers such as volcanic and evolution without fear of a knockout. Thus making battles more exciting and unpredictable. Of course, using any foreign substance on a stadium would make it illegal for WBO play. 

With that said, I continue to use a slicked up stadium for my videos because it makes battles more entertaining, and I don’t plan on using them for tournaments later on. 

Hope this helps

This might explain why so many BeyTubers in Asia have been able to show off Perfect Phoenix Ωuter Volcanic' as quickly as they did, because it's not like every single one of them has the time to launch a Volcanic' combo 200-500 times. Also, battles in silicone-sprayed stadiums look so satisfying, especially with how smoothly Judgement Joker's stock combo slows to a stop. I might try it out someday with my stadium because it'll never see tournament play due to having a small crack in the floor. Before I even consider it, does the silicone spray rub off onto the Drivers? If so, they have to be cleaned before tournaments to prevent them from being illegal.
(Aug. 27, 2019  4:14 PM)eigerblade Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2019  3:28 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: I think pP xt+ lost stamina because it was not fine tuned. Also, where did you see the 48 second spin?

Winning against a very badly tuned combo does not make Vl' look good, no?

I forgot where I saw the 48 second mark, but I did manage to find the video I mentioned

1st video shows about 45 seconds of solo spin stamina, and it has a lot of tests against Hell Salamander and ChoZ Spriggan with Bearing.
The video has Vl' winning a fair amount of times, but my own testing shows *very* different results

Furthermore, there has been rumors about Asian beytubers using modified stadiums. While I do not have any actual proof on this, this has made my doubts about Vl' even bigger (sorry for quoting you guys, btw).

I still bothered to make 2 awakened Vl' nonetheless, since they are quite surprising and fun to use despite the things I say about them

(Aug. 05, 2019  8:11 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: This might explain why so many BeyTubers in Asia have been able to show off Perfect Phoenix Ωuter Volcanic' as quickly as they did, because it's not like every single one of them has the time to launch a Volcanic' combo 200-500 times. Also, battles in silicone-sprayed stadiums look so satisfying, especially with how smoothly Judgement Joker's stock combo slows to a stop. I might try it out someday with my stadium because it'll never see tournament play due to having a small crack in the floor. Before I even consider it, does the silicone spray rub off onto the Drivers? If so, they have to be cleaned before tournaments to prevent them from being illegal.

Perhaps, you (and them) might have not awakened it to its fullest? And, I don't think uchhu coffee uses silicone spray, basing on the speed of mobile combos going fast like normal and stationary combos being quite stationary as well.
(Aug. 27, 2019  5:07 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2019  4:14 PM)eigerblade Wrote: Winning against a very badly tuned combo does not make Vl' look good, no?

Perhaps, you (and them) might have not awakened it to its fullest? And, I don't think uchhu coffee uses silicone spray, basing on the speed of mobile combos going fast like normal and stationary combos being quite stationary as well.

...right, maybe you can help me find a video showcasing a *real* awakened volcanic' then
Thanks for the information guys. This helps a lot.

I have a follow up question. It's really like a direct follow up, but anyway...

I see people talk about pP and that the viability of pP can change according to how tight or loose the parts are. I also see people talk about fine tuning.

Is it something thats truly necessary?

The reason why I ask is because I have the normal release of rP, the normal release of dP and the green random layer dP. I find that when using the revive core with the black armor it feels considerably looser than the green armor, but the green armor feels too tight.

I don't see much consolidated information about the small nuances of parts like this. Driver wear and general layer wear is pretty obvious but yeah.
(Aug. 27, 2019  5:07 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2019  4:14 PM)eigerblade Wrote: Winning against a very badly tuned combo does not make Vl' look good, no?

Have you tried making a 'fully awakened' volcanic? The video show using silicone spray and electric drill. The driver shaft is even shortened because of so much friction by the drill. It is impossible to make just by using in the stadium so its totally illegal and you say that is not awakened to its fullest? You cannot magically make it spin like bearing, you know
(Aug. 27, 2019  6:34 PM)joyos Wrote: Thanks for the information guys.  This helps a lot.

I have a follow up question.  It's really like a direct follow up, but anyway...

I see people talk about pP and that the viability of pP can change according to how tight or loose the parts are.  I also see people talk about fine tuning.

Is it something thats truly necessary?

The reason why I ask is because I have the normal release of rP, the normal release of dP and the green random layer dP.  I find that when using the revive core with the black armor it feels considerably looser than the green armor, but the green armor feels too tight.

I don't see much consolidated information about the small nuances of parts like this.  Driver wear and general layer wear is pretty obvious but yeah.

Fine-tuning happens precisely because of mold variation among parts, which basically takes into account the balance and weight distribution of each part. Having a wobbly Stamina part, for example, will ruin the intended usage of the part (which is to keep spinning for a while) since it will dance around the stadium unnecessarily especially at high spins.

That goes the same for pP, where you take into account the least wobble and movement possible to keep it spinning both with (upon launch) and without (during battle) the Armor. The balance for the latter is quite important since you would want to be the last Bey spinning when your heavy Dead Armor has been flung away.
Dang, that seems rough to do when you don't have a lot of extra parts. Oh well, but I can see where the min/maxing happens.

Thanks
(Aug. 28, 2019  2:00 AM)Moggeroo Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2019  5:07 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: Perhaps, you (and them) might have not awakened it to its fullest? And, I don't think uchhu coffee uses silicone spray, basing on the speed of mobile combos going fast like normal and stationary combos being quite stationary as well.

Have you tried making a 'fully awakened' volcanic? The video show using silicone spray and electric drill. The driver shaft is even shortened because of so much friction by the drill. It is impossible to make just by using in the stadium so its totally illegal and you say that is not awakened to its fullest? You cannot magically make it spin like bearing, you know

Well, I haven't really seen many videos or posts regarding how to awaken it actually. You maybe (most probably are, actually) right.
Does anyone know what the official weight of the painted Sting disk is?