Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Mar. 23, 2019  5:57 PM)RDF3 Wrote:
(Mar. 23, 2019  5:26 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: This would help, although I will say that for the God/Switchstrike line Alter Chronos, Meteor, Sieg Xcaliber, and maybe Variable (if worn down properly) are usable. If you face Hasbro opponents they'd serve you well. Against TT opponents nothing on that list would stand much of a chance no matter how you build it.

Sadly, not much:
-Spriggan Requiem 0.Zt
-Dragoon Storm 5.Meteor Loop
-Nightmare Longinus. Ds
-Storm Spriggan K.U

I don't expect to face much in the way of the Cho-Z Layer System (given how most of the Blader tournaments in my area are mostly for kids, and I don't play competitively that often anyway) so it won't be too much of an issue for me.

You have nightmare longinus and spriggan requiem!Ther are more than enough You can see my previous post for what I have to see.
Although I have to ask, is Iron really that bad? I was a fan of the MF tip back in MFB's glory days, and I thought Iron would carry over its versatility.

Guess I was wrong lol.

I'm guessing I can get Blaze Ragnaruk and make Spriggan Requiem 0.Cross Destroy.
Though I'm also looking into getting an Attack combo, hence my seeking to acquire Alter Chronos (for defense opponent to test them against, probably gonna make Alter Chronos 5Meteor Unite), and Victory Valkyrie and Sieg XCalibur (because I want their tips lel)
(Mar. 23, 2019  5:57 PM)RDF3 Wrote:
(Mar. 23, 2019  5:26 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: This would help, although I will say that for the God/Switchstrike line Alter Chronos, Meteor, Sieg Xcaliber, and maybe Variable (if worn down properly) are usable. If you face Hasbro opponents they'd serve you well. Against TT opponents nothing on that list would stand much of a chance no matter how you build it.

Sadly, not much:
-Spriggan Requiem 0.Zt
-Dragoon Storm 5.Meteor Loop
-Nightmare Longinus. Ds
-Storm Spriggan K.U

I don't expect to face much in the way of the Cho-Z Layer System (given how most of the Blader tournaments in my area are mostly for kids, and I don't play competitively that often anyway) so it won't be too much of an issue for me.

Yeah, you can cobble together some decent combos out of these at least. Here's a few examples for ya.

Spriggan Requiem 0Cross Destroy (Top-tier for God/Switchstrike for spin stealing. Just make sure it spins the opposite direction of your opponent, which is usually left)
Alter Chronos/Blaze Ragnaruk 4 Zeta (Loop isn't all that good due to roller scraping, so Zeta's basically all you've got for pure Defense. It should stand up well enough against Xtreme-based attackers at least)
Sieg Xcaliber 1Meteor Unite/Zeta/Trans/Variable (Unite/Zeta/Trans can do similar things, giving you the choice of fast or stationary attacks based on its mode and how you bank your launch. Variable is for more all-out attacking)
Nightmare Longinus Meteor Variable (Unlike Sieg which can pull off stationary Attack combos, Nightmare Longinus can't do so well. Best to maximize its aggression)

Honestly, aside from getting more meta Cho-Z layers, you've got a decent compilation of God/Switchstrike parts. Really the only things you're missing is some powerful drivers like Atomic for Defense (Orbit makes a good substitute here) and Xtreme for Attack (for more consistent performance than Variable). Also the fact that you just can't really run pure Stamina well.

(Mar. 23, 2019  6:49 PM)RDF3 Wrote: Although I have to ask, is Iron really that bad? I was a fan of the MF tip back in MFB's glory days, and I thought Iron would carry over its versatility.

Guess I was wrong lol.

Iron is terrible for one main reason: It has a weakened spring lock that makes it incredibly prone to bursting regardless of what it's on. Metal Fight's Metal Flat doesn't have that issue, which is why it worked out there but not here.
From my experience, all roktavors and ragnaroks are bad.
(Mar. 23, 2019  7:12 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: Iron is terrible for one main reason: It has a weakened spring lock that makes it incredibly prone to bursting regardless of what it's on. Metal Fight's Metal Flat doesn't have that issue, which is why it worked out there but not here.

Honestly I've never had burst issue with it. I rather find it useful because it has a decent stamina and keeps the flower pattern when launched.I put it on twin nemesis and vise leopard and it gives me pretty good results as they are both not pure attack layers but a mix of attack and balance.

(Mar. 24, 2019  10:20 AM)darksidemoon Wrote: Honestly I've never had burst issue with it. I rather find it useful because it has a decent stamina and keeps the flower pattern when launched.I put it on twin nemesis and vise leopard and it gives me pretty good results as they are both not pure attack layers but a mix of attack and balance. 
I don't think the flower pattern stays long enough compared to xtreme or hunter or accel or even worn out variable moderate launch.Besides,isn't vise leopard better suited for defense than attack?

(Mar. 24, 2019  9:44 AM)RAK Wrote: From my experience, all roktavors and ragnaroks are bad.

Test out some good crash ragnarok destroy' combo and you will change your mind.
So what do you think might happen to the Zenith Forge Disc for the hasbro?
My racist, dictator principle band Beyblade a while ago
Schools ban games all the time because they might be too competitive and hurt people's feelings or because of physical harm. I think it's better to join up after school at a park if you want to make a Bey Club.
Depends on what school youre currently at. My high school is chill with us playing all sorts of games and mobile devices outside class
My school banned beyblades because people would trade and not give people's stuff back. They would also cheat each other out when trading and they woyld not stop when they told them to put them up
(Mar. 24, 2019  10:20 AM)darksidemoon Wrote: Honestly I've never had burst issue with it. I rather find it useful because it has a decent stamina and keeps the flower pattern when launched.I put it on twin nemesis and vise leopard and it gives me pretty good results as they are both not pure attack layers but a mix of attack and balance.
Vice Leopard in particular is just not good. Some say it has some Defense potential, but I don't particularly think it's worth using even for that with so many better options out there. It's definitely lacking in both Stamina and Attack at any rate, so Iron doesn't suit it at all.

Twin Nemesis and Vice Leopard both have surprisingly high amounts of burst resistance though, which is likely why you've never had a problem with bursts there. They make up for Iron's weak spring with their own heavy resistances, which sort of masks the issue. Twin Nemesis in particular is one of the only layers I could see really using Iron to any real effect as an Attack layer with actual Stamina capabilities.

(Mar. 24, 2019  9:44 AM)RAK Wrote: From my experience, all roktavors and ragnaroks are bad.

Hasbro's Roktavor actually stole Valtryek's spot as an Attack layer, since its burst resistance was increased from the TT release and Valtryek's burst resistance decreased. Blaze Ragnaruk was a really solid Defense layer until Alter Chronos was released and outclassed it. Crash Ragnaruk is currently pretty solid on Zephyr' or Destroy', and I've personally seen such a combo burst Revive Phoenix in one hit.

Really, Rising Ragnaruk was the only Ragnaruk layer that never saw serious competitive use in some form for at least a little while.
Get a bunch of your friends' parents to ask the principle. Usually if a team of parents come at the princliple they give in - especially if they are willing to facilitate/supervise. That would prevent trading and feelings getting hurt too.
(Mar. 21, 2019  1:05 AM)Ntruder19 Wrote:
(Mar. 20, 2019  5:02 PM)Avery Purple999 Wrote: Akane? That sounds like the Japanese version of Aiger's last name if this new blader is related to Aiger all of this would make so much more since. -Avery

Aiger Akabane’s original(and frankly cooler) name was Aiga Akaba. Akaba and akane are not the same. We know what this guy looks like and he looks nothing like Aiga so probably not.

I know but have seen the new GT beys?! They look pretty awesome! -Avery
(Mar. 24, 2019  11:36 PM)Avery Purple999 Wrote:
(Mar. 21, 2019  1:05 AM)Ntruder19 Wrote: Aiger Akabane’s original(and frankly cooler) name was Aiga Akaba. Akaba and akane are not the same. We know what this guy looks like and he looks nothing like Aiga so probably not.

I know but have seen the new GT beys?! They look pretty awesome! -Avery
Yes, of course I have seen them and they are cool.
With how parts are being rendered obsolete (for example, Kaiser Kerbeus being rendered obsolete by the much heavier Cho-Z layers), I'm sensing that a power creep permeated Burst like it did MFB, and it might not be long before a Burst equivalent of the Limited Format exists lol.
(Mar. 26, 2019  8:20 AM)RDF3 Wrote: With how parts are being rendered obsolete (for example, Kaiser Kerbeus being rendered obsolete by the much heavier Cho-Z layers), I'm sensing that a power creep permeated Burst like it did MFB, and it might not be long before a Burst equivalent of the Limited Format exists lol.

They've already created a "Burst Classic" format which revolves around the Basic/Dual layers with a few other weak God layers like God Valkyrie and Kreis Satan added in for easier participation. Barring a few OP things like Atomic and Hasbro's Bearing, just about any Driver is usable, although left-spin has been banned as well (mostly just Lost Longinus) which helps keep Bearing under control better.
A new BBG-WBBA limited edition beyblade is expected to be released soon. No clue about its name or anything but here's a sneak peek preview of how the beyblade is going to look like!

[Image: nykKekw.jpg]
(Mar. 27, 2019  11:00 PM)Triumph Wrote: A new BBG-WBBA limited edition beyblade is expected to be released soon. No clue about its name or anything but here's a sneak peek preview of how the beyblade is going to look like!

[Image: nykKekw.jpg]

I'm getting an Omega Dragonis vibe from the shape and colour, and the fact that it's a limited bey.

Thanks for the find!
I’d like to see a season based on the Cho Z eclipse gimmick. Like, half of Ragnaruk and half of Fafnir. Half of Xcalibur and half of Valkyrie.
Maybe it’s gonna be an evolution of tornado wyvern
(Mar. 28, 2019  2:18 PM)Mr. Blader Wrote: Maybe it’s gonna be an evolution of tornado wyvern

It's czV 1'r rb'
I want to find whoever at Hasbro is responsible for renaming Beyblades and makes them stop.
(Mar. 29, 2019  4:26 AM)Minion Wrote: I want to find whoever at Hasbro is responsible for renaming Beyblades and makes them stop.

Its takara that renames em
(Mar. 29, 2019  4:30 AM)K1D Wrote:
(Mar. 29, 2019  4:26 AM)Minion Wrote: I want to find whoever at Hasbro is responsible for renaming Beyblades and makes them stop.

Its takara that renames em

I think it's more Hasbro that comes up with the renames and Takara-Tomy that approves them.