Beyblade Random Thoughts

Um not sure what it is called but it is cheap and relatively durable but remember it is in alpha stages
(Jan. 26, 2019  10:54 PM)KnightPro Wrote: can someone let me know if this store is legit?? https://www.ebay.com/sch/3.style/m.html?...ipg=&_from=

Yes, it is. I've bought my Dead Hades layer, Xtreme', and Xtend driver (for Xtend+) from 3.style. great seller (was even better when the first shipping price was 2.99, haha)
Theres so many counterfeit Beyblades nowadays, people should just stop selling them. The counterfeit Beyblades have very bad performance and aren't even good.
(Jan. 26, 2019  2:22 AM)Dragunix Wrote:
(Jan. 26, 2019  2:08 AM)Ntruder19 Wrote: I can’t seem to figure out where the search bar has gone to on the mobile interface.

Click on 'More.' There should be a sub-menu that appears and gives the option to search the site.
Can you describe where exactly this “more” button is?
(Jan. 27, 2019  2:18 AM)Ntruder19 Wrote:
(Jan. 26, 2019  2:22 AM)Dragunix Wrote: Click on 'More.' There should be a sub-menu that appears and gives the option to search the site.
Can you describe where exactly this “more” button is?

Last option in footer menu
(Jan. 26, 2019  11:40 PM)Dragunix Wrote:
(Jan. 26, 2019  10:54 PM)KnightPro Wrote: can someone let me know if this store is legit?? https://www.ebay.com/sch/3.style/m.html?...ipg=&_from=

Yes, it is. I've bought my Dead Hades layer, Xtreme', and Xtend driver (for Xtend+) from 3.style. great seller (was even better when the first shipping price was 2.99, haha)

YAY! ty so much <3
(Apr. 11, 2018  1:58 PM)Kry Wrote: I have reached peak bey-weeb I think

[Image: mh39mVe.jpg]

[Image: ZkI1qtY.jpg]

Boiiiiiii that looks a lotta dopeeeeee that gave me an idea for an actual Beyholster design
What do you think about hasbro's new turbo switchstrike beys. Doesn't it remind you of legends?
(Jan. 27, 2019  2:40 PM)DreamBlade Wrote: What do you think about hasbro's new turbo switchstrike beys. Doesn't it remind you of legends?

The incredibly terrible hollowed out pieces, yes. That's not a good thing.
(Jan. 27, 2019  4:47 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Jan. 27, 2019  2:40 PM)DreamBlade Wrote: What do you think about hasbro's new turbo switchstrike beys. Doesn't it remind you of legends?

The incredibly terrible hollowed out pieces, yes. That's not a good thing.

It's hyperblades all over again
Dead phoenix weight almost weighs half of revive phoenix. Did TT just pull a Hasbro?

TT don't pull a hasbro

(Jan. 27, 2019  5:11 PM)MWF Wrote:
(Jan. 27, 2019  4:47 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: The incredibly terrible hollowed out pieces, yes. That's not a good thing.

It's hyperblades all over again

What do you mean? I never got hyperblades so fill me in.

(I shouldn't have donated my metal fight beys.)
Unhappy
(Jan. 27, 2019  9:28 PM)DreamBlade Wrote: Dead phoenix weight almost weighs half of revive phoenix. Did TT just pull a Hasbro?

TT don't pull a hasbro

(Jan. 27, 2019  5:11 PM)MWF Wrote: It's hyperblades all over again

Unhappy

Basically Hasbro sold hollowed out versions of the 4D beys without their 4D drivers. Then afterwards sold the true version in an awful recolor for a higher price under the name of hyperblades
The colors were terrible man, and all neon. Bright green Variares? Pink and green Phantom Orion? Gold and green L-Drago Destructor? Basically none of it looked all that good.
(Jan. 28, 2019  4:26 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: The colors were terrible man, and all neon. Bright green Variares? Pink and green Phantom Orion? Gold and green L-Drago Destructor? Basically none of it looked all that good.

Cyngus wasn't that bad. the dark blue and yellow worked well.

And then there was the spark FX
(Jan. 28, 2019  4:26 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: The colors were terrible man, and all neon. Bright green Variares? Pink and green Phantom Orion? Gold and green L-Drago Destructor? Basically none of it looked all that good.

Sparks FX, including the non 4D stuff all looked terrible, no exceptions, at least none of their recolours looked good. Any that kept their stock colours are ruined by tattoos and stickers.
(Jan. 27, 2019  9:28 PM)DreamBlade Wrote: Dead phoenix weight almost weighs half of revive phoenix. Did TT just pull a Hasbro?

TT don't pull a hasbro

(Jan. 27, 2019  5:11 PM)MWF Wrote: It's hyperblades all over again

Unhappy

From what I’ve seen I think you’re supposed to be able to put the heavy armor of dead Phoenix on the heavy core of revive Phoenix to make like “perfect dead Phoenix” or something
(Jan. 28, 2019  4:58 PM)Ntruder19 Wrote:

TT don't pull a hasbro

Unhappy

From what I’ve seen I think you’re supposed to be able to put the heavy armor of dead Phoenix on the heavy core of revive Phoenix to make like “perfect dead Phoenix” or something

yes there is perfect and imperfect Phoenix.

Perfect is revive core with dead armor
Imperfect is dead core with revive armor
(Jan. 25, 2019  4:32 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Jan. 25, 2019  12:36 AM)AirKingNeo Wrote: You aren't allowed to mode change CzS or Sr under WBO rules. Bearing is the counter to passive beys, like rP and aH, so really only hS on Destroy does anything.

It shouldn't be allowed in the meta because it warps the game around it and reduces part diversity. If Bearing on left/dual spin did not exist, we could let Sr and CzS be allowed to mode change without a problem. Attack and defense would both become more meta relevant since neither could just auto lose to opposite spin bearing.

Bearing wasn't really relevant on its appearance. Beys were lighter and easier to burst back then. We had the option of a left spin attack type, which we don't really have right now. Attack became useless because they got completely outclassed by hS, aH, and rP. We had Sr.0L.Br as a counter to aH and rP. Then we saw dumb stuff like rP using Bearing with the passive meta, proof that attack was a dead type and the meta was in a terrible spot.

Bearing is the type of part that shouldn't ever be meta viable because its weakness should make it easy to beat. Whenever it is meta, that weakness doesn't exist, which shows there's a problem.

Those are valid points raised, but I guess this is just what happened to Metal Fight meta too. But tops were meant to spin long, and Attack types were just designed to hit for KO and/or Burst and have mobility until the short stamina runs out. In the long run, it really boils down to whether tournaments would limit the parts used in order to have a more balanced and fair fights.

I'm not arguing that Bearing is not a problem, I'm just saying that Attack still isn't dead as long as you know how to aim and effectively use a pure Attack type combo even against left spin Bearing/Atomic/Eternal users

Attack isn't dead anymore with Cho-Z Valkyrie. Before then, almost all tops saw 0 usage of attack types and even usage on rP.10.Br
just get a good attack type like luinor l3 or 4
What age do you have to be to enter a tournament?
(Jan. 30, 2019  3:48 PM)Zipzap Wrote: What age do you have to be to enter a tournament?

In Japan only 6~12 years old kid can join tournament
(Jan. 30, 2019  3:48 PM)Zipzap Wrote: What age do you have to be to enter a tournament?

On the WBO you can be any age
(Jan. 25, 2019  12:36 AM)AirKingNeo Wrote: It shouldn't be allowed in the meta because it warps the game around it and reduces part diversity. If Bearing on left/dual spin did not exist, we could let Sr and CzS be allowed to mode change without a problem. Attack and defense would both become more meta relevant since neither could just auto lose to opposite spin bearing.

Bearing wasn't really relevant on its appearance. Beys were lighter and easier to burst back then. We had the option of a left spin attack type, which we don't really have right now. Attack became useless because they got completely outclassed by hS, aH, and rP. We had Sr.0L.Br as a counter to aH and rP. Then we saw dumb stuff like rP using Bearing with the passive meta, proof that attack was a dead type and the meta was in a terrible spot.

Bearing is the type of part that shouldn't ever be meta viable because its weakness should make it easy to beat. Whenever it is meta, that weakness doesn't exist, which shows there's a problem.

The Driver is not the problem; dual-spin mode change is. Even if it was deemed illegal only for Bearing, it would still be a powerful ability on many other Drivers. Back when I was in Japan in September/October 2018 for instance they weren't only using things like Sr on Bearing; they also use it on Ωcta, Atomic, Xtend Plus and so forth. You're allowed to mode change in Japan with Sr and that was really the only reason it was  still relevant; because the mode change ability is just so strong.

People were apprehensive about Bearing upon release because of the weak spring, so the next best thing in terms of LAD at the time–Destroy–took on a prominent role (Destroy was also cheaper to obtain). However, to say Bearing "wasn't really relevant on its appearance" is untrue. Here are a few tournaments from the months following its release where it made an appearance in the Top 3 Winning combos:

https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Winning...pid1409165
https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Winning...pid1409451
https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Winning...pid1414380
https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Winning...pid1417351

Usage only trended upwards as the months went on after this.

Attack became increasingly useless after the release of hS, aH, and rP ... until they released X'. nL and bL Hn' and X' can take care of hS Br pretty easily, for instance. Something like 超V X' also has a chance if you can shoot well (it's harder of course, but certainly not an auto-lose). The weakness is there. It's just a matter of whether people want to exploit it or not (which most don't because they aren't confident enough with Attack, or because they don't have Hn' or X').

If anything, for the WBO I would say the problem lies in the first stage where it can be difficult to justify going for Attack against random opponents that you have no information on. But it is a viable choice for people you have more experience with. Final Stage Deck Format is another story entirely; the diversity of that format quells any of the issues Attack might have because you can build your deck around countering multiple different types of Beyblades.
I'm wondering what makes X' and Hn' so special. Can you briefly explain it?