Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Jul. 23, 2018  2:21 AM)Ranch+Kerbeus Wrote:
(Jul. 23, 2018  2:17 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: Either a new series or some time off for them to design the next generation, probably.

How much time do they usually take to make new generations? Also, do you think they completely drop the Burst thing? Does Beyblade usually do backwards compatibility?

Amazingly, due to the drop-off of HMS beys due to the Tomy merger and HMS being an incompatible spin-off of the plastic generation, Metal Fight/Shogun Steel > Burst is the first actually proper exchange between series. Going by the time between those, maybe about 2 years or so before the next line once Burst ends?

Doubtful that they'll keep bursting, but you never know on that one. I'm kind of hoping that they drop it for the next series, if only so I don't have to keep reassembling beys between battles.

Backwards compatibility has never been a thing. As soon as you allow old parts into a new series, you're immediately giving an advantage to older players with bigger collections and you've suddenly got to balance around all these old parts too and/or make these old parts available to new players too. Unless you're just recycling old designs like all these plastic gen remakes in Burst, this is a path to disaster.
(Jul. 23, 2018  1:46 AM)Ranch+Kerbeus Wrote: What do y’all think will happen when Chou Z ends? Is there a pattern to what happens when a series ends?

there has been one pattern i thought of.
for all the generations they all end with metal being the major characteristic.
this makes me think Cho-Z is the end of the burst series.
It’s rly irrelevant but does anyone else love how Xhaka’s only broken 1 launcher, and his other launchers do not skip?
(Jul. 23, 2018  12:59 PM)leosama Wrote: It’s rly irrelevant but does anyone else love how Xhaka’s only broken 1 launcher, and his other launchers do not skip?

It's never irrelevant on the "Beyblade Random Throughts" thread!
Anyway, my rP should be here tomorrow, gonna be able to do some tests, like 0 vs 10 vs 7, this will be a pain to pull off in a infinity stadium with the bump in the center with the yellow plate...
I want to see a tournament arc where Agia gets eliminated in the first round by a random Blader with a really good combo. Just throw plot armor to the wind and lets see Z Achilles get destroyed by sX.10B.At or aB.0.Br. The rest of the arc will focus on developing other characters.
If that was going to happen then it'd've happened ages ago when Wakiya fought a Deathscyther stamina combo.

Given how Burst was trying to be so much more realistic than previous series', I really hoped that would happen. It would have been a real twist to the second tournament arc and a powerful way to market custom combos.
Could anyone translate the part where he shoes the proto types foe winning Valkyrie

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ENQjLMdvJo...e=youtu.be

Please?
Anyone know how  to tag another member?
(Jul. 25, 2018  2:37 AM)BusyBlader Wrote: Anyone know how  to tag another member?
I think you put the @ mark right before the name in brackets @[BusyBlader]
If this works, quote this for a reply, and you can see the structure

Yep, it worked
(Jul. 25, 2018  2:41 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Jul. 25, 2018  2:37 AM)BusyBlader Wrote: Anyone know how  to tag another member?
I think you put the @ mark right before the name in brackets @[BusyBlader]

Yep, it worked

Thanks, I forgot how a while back haha
(Jul. 25, 2018  2:44 AM)BusyBlader Wrote:
(Jul. 25, 2018  2:41 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: I think you put the @ mark right before the name in brackets @[BusyBlader]

Yep, it worked

Thanks, I forgot how a while back haha

Tbh, I'd never done that before Smile
My Hasbro single layer Horusood is literally bursting everything..
Also it’s in its stock combo (Spread Edge), and somehow dominating
Welp.
What if beyblade was just like the the tv show I think that will be cool.
(Jul. 25, 2018  3:26 PM)brandbrick Wrote: My Hasbro single layer Horusood is literally bursting everything..
Welp.

My Hasbro single layer Yegdrion is also beating almost every single layer, dual layer, and SwitchStrike beyblade I throw at it. Yes, Yegdrion Ring Edge
(Jul. 25, 2018  3:59 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Jul. 25, 2018  3:26 PM)brandbrick Wrote: My Hasbro single layer Horusood is literally bursting everything..
Welp.

My Hasbro single layer Yegdrion is also beating almost every single layer, dual layer, and SwitchStrike beyblade I throw at it. Yes, Yegdrion Ring Edge

lol, that’s insane
My Hasbro sX finally chipped a piece off my Horusood, still is very op for some reason.
Beyblades are like onions. There are many LAYERS. Please Destroy me before life becomes a Nightmare...
Jeez, I did a Hasbro battle between sX and bJ and bJ’s gimmick actually came down on Xcalius’s sword and sX bursted.
Welp.

I never had a TT Horusood for ages, deciding to get Hasbro's Horusood to make up for that hole. I threw that thing into my random battles and found the layer incredibly resilient and defensive, even though I heard so much against Horusood's poor performance off the wiki. Gotta admit, Hasbro actually made it good, if easily dentable.

My only issue with it is the red paint that just gets everywhere. My stadium still has red marks on the walls from it.
I have the blue one, try getting that one instead, it doesn’t leave any marks
(Jul. 19, 2018  4:37 PM)KinkoUsagi Wrote: My choices:

1. Kukulcan
Yes, Buster Excalibur has stolen its "trademark gimmick" but Cho-Z can provide it with an upgrade and its own unique Performance Tip. This thing had the potential to be a beast, but it was released so late in the God Series metagame. Oh, and its colour scheme is amazing.

2. Jinnius
Its gimmick is unique but didn't work on the level it should have. Cho-Z is a chance to right that wrong. Upgrade the layer, gimmick and performance tip and making it a real defensive beast. Jinnius deserves a second chance to garner some fans -- it was a Beyblade of the Big 5, after all. 

3. Wyvern
Who doesn't want to see an upgraded Atomic? Wyvern has been a staple for each upgrade of Burst since the beginning, so it clearly built a strong fanbase. Let's continue that.

4. Regulus
Similarly to Jinnius, this Beyblade was hugely hyped because of its appearance, but the performance was severely lacking. The Performance Tip and the layer (especially the teeth) were both disappointing but had potential.

5. Garuda
The nightmare itself, Garuda, needs to return to cause fear for an entirely new series, Cho-Z. 

@Cuza Ackerman 1 I really love your choices, too. I would be shocked if Kreis Satan and Alter Chronos didn't receive an upgrade, honestly. They were main characters. However, Behemoth is likely going to be forgotten.

@CrazyAries Odin is very cool. I think the addition of metal would suit it perfectly. Additionally, Hasbro seems to be a huge fan of re-colouring it, so maybe they'll release it as an exclusive? Zeus is another great choice, and surprisingly loved by TT. Trident should've already received an upgrade. If they do Toko dirty like that, I'll be livid. Bahamut is amazing, but I'm doubtful Unhappy

Behemoth/ Betromoth  actually might have a chance! In the Beyblade Burst Turbo Amazon Mexico thing everyones talking about, there is a Betremoth B4 confirmed! if you watch zankye's video on it, you'll see it! However, it might be a Hasbro Exclusive.
(Jul. 26, 2018  1:53 AM)Cuza Ackerman 1 Wrote:
(Jul. 19, 2018  4:37 PM)KinkoUsagi Wrote: My choices:

1. Kukulcan
Yes, Buster Excalibur has stolen its "trademark gimmick" but Cho-Z can provide it with an upgrade and its own unique Performance Tip. This thing had the potential to be a beast, but it was released so late in the God Series metagame. Oh, and its colour scheme is amazing.

2. Jinnius
Its gimmick is unique but didn't work on the level it should have. Cho-Z is a chance to right that wrong. Upgrade the layer, gimmick and performance tip and making it a real defensive beast. Jinnius deserves a second chance to garner some fans -- it was a Beyblade of the Big 5, after all. 

3. Wyvern
Who doesn't want to see an upgraded Atomic? Wyvern has been a staple for each upgrade of Burst since the beginning, so it clearly built a strong fanbase. Let's continue that.

4. Regulus
Similarly to Jinnius, this Beyblade was hugely hyped because of its appearance, but the performance was severely lacking. The Performance Tip and the layer (especially the teeth) were both disappointing but had potential.

5. Garuda
The nightmare itself, Garuda, needs to return to cause fear for an entirely new series, Cho-Z. 

@Cuza Ackerman 1 I really love your choices, too. I would be shocked if Kreis Satan and Alter Chronos didn't receive an upgrade, honestly. They were main characters. However, Behemoth is likely going to be forgotten.

@CrazyAries Odin is very cool. I think the addition of metal would suit it perfectly. Additionally, Hasbro seems to be a huge fan of re-colouring it, so maybe they'll release it as an exclusive? Zeus is another great choice, and surprisingly loved by TT. Trident should've already received an upgrade. If they do Toko dirty like that, I'll be livid. Bahamut is amazing, but I'm doubtful Unhappy

Behemoth/ Betromoth  actually might have a chance! In the Beyblade Burst Turbo Amazon Mexico thing everyones talking about, there is a Betremoth B4 confirmed! if you watch zankye's video on it, you'll see it! However, it might be a Hasbro Exclusive.

-patiently waiting for a d4-
Mine's so dented up after heavy use that it doesn't really have any more paint on the edge to leave marks with anymore, so it's a bit of a moot point now.
Honestly, I doubt there will be a new Deathscyther. Given that D and D2 were too OP for various reasons and had to be banned, thus causing the release of the notoriously meh kD to nerf the line, I really don't see them taking another shot at it. Besides, if we do have a bey named Dead Hades coming as has long been presumed from the copyright bot, another Death-themed bey would probably be overkill.

What I do want to see, roughly in order, is:

Trident: The original Trident was notoriously bad and easy to burst, but Screw Trident's rubber bumper gimmick was both incredibly unique and on the cusp of usability, even succeeding in winning a tournament as a surprise part just after release in its RLC. A Super-Z bey with the same rubber bumper gimmick might just make this unique idea work more smoothly, especially given how much Screw Trident was underappreciated.

Chaos: Chaos and Deep Chaos are two of my favorite layers, and Deep Chaos' flexible "bound defense" gimmick and sloped edges made it both unique and powerful. A Super-Z Chaos with flexible edges and metal could prove to be immensely powerful, and I just really want to see this awesome looking line stay relevant.

Unicorn: You can probably figure out at least one reason from my name alone, can't you? Unicorn and Unlock Unicorn were simply beautiful layers, if underpowered, perfectly capturing a wild unicorn rearing for a fight. Now imagine if Unlock Unicorn had metal in the horn, lined with plastic, alongside metal strewn about the remained of the edge. There's just so many ways to make a beautiful upgrade to U2 with the added metal, and I'm just really hoping it comes to pass.

Anubis: Probably a bit understated as well, Acid Anubis was a layer I really just wanted to work out better than it did, alongside Yell. We've lost the whole Egyptian theme without this line and the Horusood line, neither which got God versions, and I think between the two this would make a nicer-looking and more functional layer.

Zeus: Zeus' design has always been unique with its metal ball gimmick, and has always been a notable presence in the Anime. Perhaps it's time for it to return, and this time with even more balls! Instead of just having one channel, a layer with multiple channels with balls in them spread across the layer might make the gimmick relevant enough even with Super-Z weights, and Planet is well due for an upgrade to try and iron out its flaws too.
(Jul. 26, 2018  2:02 AM)brandbrick Wrote:
(Jul. 26, 2018  1:53 AM)Cuza Ackerman 1 Wrote: Behemoth/ Betromoth  actually might have a chance! In the Beyblade Burst Turbo Amazon Mexico thing everyones talking about, there is a Betremoth B4 confirmed! if you watch zankye's video on it, you'll see it! However, it might be a Hasbro Exclusive.

-patiently waiting for a d4-

It's not gonna happen, there's no news announcing there will be one.