Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Jun. 20, 2018  5:00 PM)Suhasini Wrote: What is the surname of Houi? I might have missed it..

His full name is Houi Ou...
(Jun. 20, 2018  9:50 PM)marutti Wrote:
so,from the little I understand,rP's outer part just stays there and nobody can pick it up until the battle ends?
(Jun. 20, 2018  5:04 PM)BeyCrafter Wrote:
(Jun. 20, 2018  5:00 PM)Suhasini Wrote: What is the surname of Houi? I might have missed it..

Houi's surename is Oh. I'm not joking

Ou/Oh/Ō (however you decide to romanize it) can be the Japanese word for king/ruler. Hard to say if that's intentional in this case, as many Japanese words come out the same in kana but would use different kanji. (Kanji being the more pictorial writing that indicates meaning.)

(Jun. 20, 2018  10:34 PM)Grey Bey Wrote: so,from the little I understand,rP's outer part just stays there and nobody can pick it up until the battle ends?

That's been my understanding from the beginning, at least. Just like Phantom Fox MS.
IS THERE A TEMPEST WVYBRON ? ( crystal red recolour ?)
(Jun. 21, 2018  4:02 PM)GOD CHIPS Wrote: IS THERE A TEMPEST WVYBRON ? ( crystal red recolour ?)

I think marutti may have posted a video on it somewhere? But yeah, seems so. (Takara btw...)

On a separate note, had to undo a string jam in my new Left beylauncher from my Korea trip and my LR beylauncher, rip...
I love how both my Legend Spriggan and Spriggan Requiem L/R Launchers skip while pulling out the long ripcord, and my fake Sr launcher is probably the smoothest thing I've had in my hands until now... it didn't fail me once.
I don't support fakes and companies ripping off ideas & money, but damn, that launcher feels so nice.
It would be funny to have a Spriggan S4 actually have a metal axe as the contacts and still have the rubber steals + LR adjustment, the most overpowered mode switching layer overpowering Spriggan Requiem at the cost of some teeth length.

That is equal to four modes in total:

Left (unbalanced)
Right (unbalanced)
Left (Level Chip balanced)
Right (Level Chip balanced)

(Same pretty much goes for Hell Salamander, and Revive Phoenix(probably))

Yep, it’s gonna be done soon, I can feel it.

“I’m really feeling it!” (Shulk)

Give it Zeta for 12 modes.
When assembling Metal Fight beys, I see the bottom/tip clicks when fastened. What's a good tell for the face bolt?

I got it where it seems to stop and I don't want to push it too hard. (Some video said to go until it clicks...I'm thinking "no"?) When unscrewing, sometimes there's a small soft sound, a few times was a louder click. Does the louder click mean I've turned it little too tightly?

Edit: Just went and made a thread for it. Maybe it'll better help someone else by being more findable that way. https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Unanswe...-Tightness
(Jun. 23, 2018  12:36 PM)IronFace879 Wrote: It would be funny to have a Spriggan S4 actually have a metal axe as the contacts and still have the rubber steals + LR adjustment, the most overpowered mode switching layer overpowering Spriggan Requiem at the cost of some teeth length.

Left (unbalanced)
Right (unbalanced)

Actually spriggan requiem Is S4 and There is no confirmation for S5 ( but whatever you wrote above is super fun to read  Tongue_out Tongue_out )
(Jun. 23, 2018  5:42 PM)GOD CHIPS Wrote: Actually spriggan requiem Is S4 and There is no confirmation for S5 ( but whatever you wrote above is super fun to read  Tongue_out Tongue_out )

From what I understand, both Legend Spriggan and Spriggan Requiem are S3 because all God/Switchstrike layers are #3 because they are part of the third system. S4 would then be Cho-Z.
(Jun. 23, 2018  5:42 PM)GOD CHIPS Wrote:
(Jun. 23, 2018  12:36 PM)IronFace879 Wrote: It would be funny to have a Spriggan S4 actually have a metal axe as the contacts and still have the rubber steals + LR adjustment, the most overpowered mode switching layer overpowering Spriggan Requiem at the cost of some teeth length.

Left (unbalanced)
Right (unbalanced)

Actually spriggan requiem Is S4 and There is no confirmation for S5 ( but whatever you wrote above is super fun to read  Tongue_out Tongue_out )

Spriggan Requiem is still S3,it's even in the hasbro box.
Probably a Cho Z dF might fail as there might be more metal covering the rubber which might not steal spin
(Jun. 24, 2018  5:04 AM)sidz2505 Wrote: Probably a Cho Z dF might fail as there might be more metal covering the rubber which might not steal spin

I mean, you could just have the metal away from getting in the way of the rubber.
(Jun. 24, 2018  5:13 AM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Jun. 24, 2018  5:04 AM)sidz2505 Wrote: Probably a Cho Z dF might fail as there might be more metal covering the rubber which might not steal spin

I mean, you could just have the metal away from getting in the way of the rubber.

IQ 1000
(Jun. 24, 2018  5:13 AM)Jinbee Wrote:

That might actually work. But then all the metal should be in the center of the layer or around it because rubber is on the outer part. Wouldn't that make the beyblade a little heavy in the center giving a little too much weight on the driver and leading to poor stamina? See, it's just a thought.. Correct me if I am wrong. Smile
But this maybe can be countered by a OWD disc? To balance out the weight distribution? I am not sure.
Again, just a thought.
(Jun. 24, 2018  12:45 PM)Suhasini Wrote:
(Jun. 24, 2018  5:13 AM)Jinbee Wrote: I mean, you could just have the metal away from getting in the way of the rubber.
That might actually work. But then all the metal should be in the center of the layer or around it because rubber is on the outer part. Wouldn't that make the beyblade a little heavy in the center giving a little too much weight on the driver and leading to poor stamina? See, it's just a thought.. Correct me if I am wrong. Smile
But this maybe can be countered by a OWD disc? To balance out the weight distribution? I am not sure.
Again, just a thought.

It will fail if there is metal and rP's owner looks like Shu if he becomes an Adult
(Jun. 24, 2018  3:07 PM)sidz2505 Wrote:
(Jun. 24, 2018  12:45 PM)Suhasini Wrote: That might actually work. But then all the metal should be in the center of the layer or around it because rubber is on the outer part. Wouldn't that make the beyblade a little heavy in the center giving a little too much weight on the driver and leading to poor stamina? See, it's just a thought.. Correct me if I am wrong. Smile
Again, just a thought.

It will fail if there is metal and rP's owner looks like Shu if he becomes an Adult

Again, you can have the metal that isn't directly at the rubber, like Fafnirs dragon heads on the layer. And what does rP's owner looking like Shu as an adult got to do with a metal Fafnir failing anyway?
If you're looking at the end of each site you have the "Post Reply" box. Down right corner is the "Post Reply" button, and right next to it is an arrow.
Click it and click on "Post Preview". You'll get to the whole layout. Next to text position and font size/color is the forth grey box, in there the second button is "insert an image".
Click it, enter the URL (of the image, not the website, if you need the URL: right click on the image and "copy image address").

Done Grin
(Jun. 24, 2018  4:24 PM)Howaitonekon Wrote: enter the URL (of the image, not the website, if you need the URL: right click on the image and "copy image address").

Better to only use the direct URL/address for images from a dedicated image-sharing website like Imgur, where it's meant for sharing. Otherwise, you're stealing bandwidth.

So I recommend uploading image you wish to share first (to Imgur or the like), so then it's less stress on the server and wallets of the original hosters/owners of the image.
Another option is to post on Postimage.org. I find it a little more convenient, but for each their own.

(Jun. 24, 2018  3:09 PM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Jun. 24, 2018  3:07 PM)sidz2505 Wrote: It will fail if there is metal and rP's owner looks like Shu if he becomes an Adult

Again, you can have the metal that isn't directly at the rubber, like Fafnirs dragon heads on the layer. And what does rP's owner looking like Shu as an adult got to do with a metal Fafnir failing anyway?
I am maybe not getting you Jinbee and am getting more confused. So, according to what you say, the metal should be incorporated in the center of the layer right? My question is that if this is the case, would'nt it add a little too much pressure on the driver, playing with the balance of the beyblade? That weight could even lead to poor stamina? But maybe OWD discs will help? I am not sure.
So if I got you right, there are my questions, if I got you wrong, then I am open to explanations. :)
(Jun. 24, 2018  3:07 PM)sidz2505 Wrote:
(Jun. 24, 2018  12:45 PM)Suhasini Wrote: That might actually work. But then all the metal should be in the center of the layer or around it because rubber is on the outer part. Wouldn't that make the beyblade a little heavy in the center giving a little too much weight on the driver and leading to poor stamina? See, it's just a thought.. Correct me if I am wrong. Smile
Again, just a thought.

Even if there is metal, there will be no metal contacts, and therefore no reason for it to fail.
(Jun. 24, 2018  5:19 PM)Suhasini Wrote: Another option is to post on Postimage.org. I find it a little more convenient, but for each their own.

(Jun. 24, 2018  3:09 PM)Jinbee Wrote: Again, you can have the metal that isn't directly at the rubber, like Fafnirs dragon heads on the layer. And what does rP's owner looking like Shu as an adult got to do with a metal Fafnir failing anyway?
I am maybe not getting you Jinbee and am getting more confused. So, according to what you say, the metal should be incorporated in the center of the layer right? My question is that if this is the case, would'nt it add a little too much pressure on the driver, playing with the balance of the beyblade? That weight could even lead to poor stamina? But maybe OWD discs will help? I am not sure.
So if I got you right, there are my questions, if I got you wrong, then I am open to explanations. Smile

No no it doesn't have to be at the centre, it can be around the outer part of the layer. Like if you imagine Drain Fafnir, not every area of the outer part of the layer is rubber, like the dragon heads on it for example. You could also have the rubber and metal both outer the layer but have the rubber reach out further than the metal.

It's quite simple really.