Beyblade Random Thoughts

I'll just keep my grip on the side then
My string launcher skips on ChouZ beys (prob because they're too heavy). I do not think it is fixable but do other string launchers (like the LR one) do this ?
(Apr. 15, 2018  12:44 PM)Limetka Wrote: My string launcher skips on ChouZ beys (prob because they're too heavy). I do not think it is fixable but do other string launchers (like the LR one) do this ?

I don't know if this is legal or not. (let me know).

What you can do is only open the part where the prongs go and then replace the white part you see inside with a one from a launcher that you use, less frequently.

P.S, This can happen by clicking the launcher
(Apr. 15, 2018  5:29 PM)ThePheonix Wrote:
(Apr. 15, 2018  12:44 PM)Limetka Wrote: My string launcher skips on ChouZ beys (prob because they're too heavy). I do not think it is fixable but do other string launchers (like the LR one) do this ?

What you can do is only open the part where the prongs go and then replace the white part you see inside with a one from a launcher that you use, less frequently.

It's legal to replace parts of a launcher with parts from another launcher of the same type. However, you cannot replace parts of a luancher with parts from a different type of launcher, e.g. you cannot replace BeyLauncher R's parts with parts from a BeyLauncher Speed type.
(Apr. 15, 2018  5:29 PM)ThePheonix Wrote:

hmm interesting. Do you happen to know what causes the string to pull back?

This is so frustrating. I always fall for trying to fix something that's not even that bad and break it even more..
I am fairly tempted to unscrew my LR launcher to see and understand the mechanism... but my rational brain knows I would break it in the process.
(Apr. 18, 2018  3:59 PM)Kry Wrote: I am fairly tempted to unscrew my LR launcher to see and understand the mechanism... but my rational brain knows I would break it in the process.

I had to open it up several times to get the string unstuck, it's nowhere near as complicated as you think and it's easy to put back together
Yup, the LR string launcher will get stuck when used in right spin, and more often when used with the heavier chozetsu beys. You can unscrew it and fix it without resetting the spring, or just switch the launcher from left to right (move the lever) back and forth and the string will fix itself.

Happens to me. Also, after a launch, if I try to click the launcher the opposite direction, it gets stuck and acts like I'm actually clicking it. It should go smoothly. No problems on left spin.
(Apr. 18, 2018  10:37 PM)Kevo Wrote: Yup, the LR string launcher will get stuck when used in right spin, and more often when used with the heavier chozetsu beys. You can unscrew it and fix it without resetting the spring, or just switch the launcher from left to right (move the lever) back and forth and the string will fix itself.

^this allday along. Usually its enough to just unlock the LR change and that fixex it. I constantly get stuck on some heavier beys but I'm so used to dealing with it, its not much hassle to just unlock it.
In Kaohsiung Taiwan today, walked into a random 7-11 and they had the Red gK and winning Valkyrie so I bought both.

Funny though is that they had a legit nL with Chinese characters. Oh well
Apparently only Indonesia's missing out on all of the Burst releases. I still haven't found any sort of Burst Beyblades, not even the first ones, even after two years of waiting. I guess waiting more is what I can do...
Does anyone know if it is tournament legal if I peeled off the QR codes on Hasbro SwitchStrike layers without taking the layer apart?
(Apr. 21, 2018  12:30 AM)BeybladerBraden Wrote: Does anyone know if it is tournament legal if I peeled off the QR codes on Hasbro SwitchStrike layers without taking the layer apart?

yea its legal u just removed a sticker doesnt add a advantage or disadvantage to the bey so
(Apr. 21, 2018  3:39 AM)bidinga Wrote:
(Apr. 21, 2018  12:30 AM)BeybladerBraden Wrote: Does anyone know if it is tournament legal if I peeled off the QR codes on Hasbro SwitchStrike layers without taking the layer apart?

yea its legal u just removed a sticker doesnt add a advantage or disadvantage to the bey so

Ok, thank you
-resolved-
I was using one of my B-88 with a Hasbro Garuda G3 combo and was just having a rough time. I usually balance my 2nd launcher on a little box (launcher resting on edges while attached Beyblade hangs inside) for quicker launches by myself. I think it kept getting knocked uneven and then messing up the launch. I thought maybe something was wrong at first, but since it was fine when I was launching Garuda first, and the string isn't actually getting stuck, I figure it was the unevenness that did it.
Wouldn't it be cool if hasbro and tt made a ripcord launcher with a ripcord that is the same length as the ripcords for infinity nados?
is beat better than flash or blitz? I'm having trouble figuring it out...
Having a really off and bleh of a day, so I decided to try to take it easy. Spent time reading about Metal Fight Beyblades and watching some past tournament videos with them. They're interesting. I didn't realize there was a whole height thing going on with them.

It's cool that there are fox ones. I might research how good the parts are for MFL.

My wallet tells me to watch it, though...haha...
The important role height variance played in MFB was one of the most interesting aspects. That series really does play so much differently than Burst. I'd recommend it if your only experience so far is with Burst.
Yeah, the MFB height meta was always interesting. We got tracks as low as 85 to tracks like 230. Though the height with the most variation was 145, which had something like more than 10 (plain old 145, WD145, ED145, BD145, AD145, W145, TR145, UW145, DF145, H145, GB145, R145, and the list goes on.....)

There are two distinct formats of MFB however; Standard or Limited. Standard encompasses everything found in MFB from day one to last day (i.e from Pegasus 105F to Gladiator Bahamdia SP230GF, and the limited-release MFB beys though why the hell people want to use rare, beautifully-painted beys are beyond me).

Limited is the more interesting of the two IMO; you can use ALL parts like in Standard except for those from a banlist located here
https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-MFB-Lim...-5-9-20-16

Given that Limited puts far more options on your purchase list than Standard and that a wider range of MFB stuff works (barring truly terrible choices like Poison) it's a good place to start.

I'm not sure what you meant by "fox ones" though.
Maybe he meant the fox-based beys... like Spiral Fox from the Random Booster from the 4D era.

I stopped my interest for MFB during the last few releases of 4D to the end of Zero-G. Aside from the fact that I had to focus on school, I wasn't able to catch up with what's really best to buy to get into the meta game since there are new releases every month that outclasses each other.
Hmm. This is seriously a random thought.
Looking at what TT did to disk 12, I wonder how will it end up with Hasbro.
Could go either way..
Though I don't want them to mess it up cause TT has also fairly messed it up.(I am not saying something is wrong with the design, the design is awesome, it's just the way of execution that went wrong)