Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Nov. 04, 2016  8:34 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: This is par for the course and Beyblade has still amounted to huge international success in the previous instances Hasbro was in charge. Hasbro may not know how to treat a property with love and care, but they sure know how to market it.

(Nov. 05, 2016  8:43 PM)Kai-V Wrote: [...]

Because clearly in Canada their involvement flew under the radar entirely and it was Toys "R" Us only that advertised it...

Welp.
You could argue that the decision to leave all marketing so far to Toys "R" Us Canada was one of Hasbro's ways to market it hahah.

But I mean:
- it took over a month to get any message officially from a Hasbro account anywhere on internet;
- the toys came out in Toys "R" Us litterally out of nowhere, apparently to be on time with the Fan Expo or whatever;
- at the convention in Canada, it was only Toys "R" Us hosting the Hasbro Store/Shop, there were no Hasbro employees there;
- Toys "R" Us themselves took a few weeks before announcing the new products in their weekly flyers;
- the application was seemingly leaked and was not announced anywhere by Hasbro, as far as I remember;
- the anime started being broadcast out of nowhere on Teletoon Canada;
- we only began to hear from Hasbro around when the news came out that Beyblade Burst would be released in the United States in January 2017, right?
The Canadian launch almost seems like a big accident to me lol
Wouldn't a left spinning burst bey be impossible to burst? (unless it hit a wall or battled with another left rotating bey.)
if it had weak teeth and was hit really hard in the disk it might burst
It can happem if the left-spinning bey's spike comes in contact with a right-spinning bey's side. It would be just like it hitting a wall. Of course, they can push each other back to normal so bursts will happen less.
In a left spin vs right spin battle, both Beyblades would be less likely to burst, so it wouldn't make sense to give a left spin Layer weak teeth by default. Plus, what if two left spin Layers face each other?

I think it would probably work mostly like it does right now with less bursting.
Well, TAKARA-TOMY is aware of the attraction to Dark Deathscyther now that Deathscyther is banned, apparently, since they hosted a successful Grade 2 event yesterday and it featured banners of Victory Valkyrie and Storm Spriggan, as usual, but also a prominent one of Dark Deathscyther, oddly hah.

(Nov. 07, 2016  7:56 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: In a left spin vs right spin battle, both Beyblades would be less likely to burst, so it wouldn't make sense to give a left spin Layer weak teeth by default. Plus, what if two left spin Layers face each other?

I think it would probably work mostly like it does right now with less bursting.

Giving the left-spin Beyblade weaker teeth makes it substantially more risky to do things like weak launching, because the speed difference means that they won't be rotating perfectly together at first, and so clicks can be lost.

Actually, now that I think about it, a weak-launched left-spin Beyblade against a full-launch right-spin Beyblade would cause the left-spin one to become effectively unburstable, because the relative velocity between the two would cause the left-spin Beyblade to be turned in the assembling direction, not across the teeth to Burst. If the right-spin Beyblade was launched weaker, then it would receive the same effects, while the lefty would Burst easily.

I can't wait for the thing to actually come out so we can test it XD
Bae Master and I tried hand-spinning a Beyblade in left-spin basically as soon as we got the first Beyblade Burst products in our possession. It won everytime and I think the opposite Beyblade, in right-spin, burst often too.
(Nov. 07, 2016  6:09 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Bae Master and I tried hand-spinning a Beyblade in left-spin basically as soon as we got the first Beyblade Burst products in our possession. It won everytime and I think the opposite Beyblade, in right-spin, burst often too.
So Left Spin basically is powerful in Burst Series ? That's the Reason Takara Tomy isn't releasing it ?
I was thinking that L2 could possibly be Left spin but after some releases I am not expecting Left spin Beys In this Generation at all and Who knows there won't be even one Left Spin Beyblade in Burst Series Except Dragoon S , no?
As has been said several times before, beyblades have both angular and linear momentum and, while the angular momentum is working against you in an opposite spin battle, the linear momentum that provides motion and causes a heavy hit is what usually causes bursts. It's early or nothing in a right v left battle but it will certainly still happen.

Also, consider the frequency of collissions when beys are moving in opposite directions around the stadium. Early hits will happen a tonne between high movement beys so as long as L2 sucks at both stamina and defense the meta will be fine.
(Nov. 12, 2016  9:56 AM)Ninja Blader Wrote: Cannot find appropriate topic.

https://twitter.com/KwskMax/status/790923930143821824

That was what we saw back in July or June... As we know, the actual "Aniki Ver." is a gold recolour, as posted in the topic in the Bey News section.
(Nov. 05, 2016  8:35 PM)boltoms Wrote:
(Nov. 04, 2016  8:34 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Nov. 04, 2016  8:21 PM)boltoms Wrote: Just a random thought... I really don't see Hasbro's Beyblade Burst making it.

The 'soft launch' in Canada has shown a huge lack of effort. I just can't see them keeping up with Takara Tomy. We are in the dark pretty much on everything Hasbro. Plus there have been so many changes and downgrades.

This is par for the course and Beyblade has still amounted to huge international success in the previous instances Hasbro was in charge. Hasbro may not know how to treat a property with love and care, but they sure know how to market it.

Yes there is no doubt that Hasbro was super successful before, and they did and incredible job. But their lack of effort in Metal masters and shogun steel has me concerned. I understand the international success of Beyblade and Hasbro can definitely succeed, but I am disenchanted by the lack of effort so far.. But I am excited regardless. Who knows what the future holds Smile

coughcough beywheels cough
I just came across this game;

[Image: 23trwp1.png]

DreamMix TV World Fighters. A Super Smash Bros-like game where you can play as Takao/Tyson against other characters like Optimus Prime and Bomberman. Pretty ridiculous haha, I am surprised they even included him in a combat game...
(Nov. 13, 2016  10:29 PM)Hato Wrote: I just came across this game;

DreamMix TV World Fighters. A Super Smash Bros-like game where you can play as Takao/Tyson against other characters like Optimus Prime and Bomberman. Pretty ridiculous haha, I am surprised they even included him in a combat game...

tyson for smash 5

What are Tyson's moves?
Maybe his moves are his grandpas fighting skills, except he'll be knocked out by the other characters.

Is this for real? Looks like Bootleg Smash Bros.
(Nov. 13, 2016  10:37 PM)Mage Wrote:

What are Tyson's moves?

I think he can do variations of kickingn and punching, and of course; use some sort of Beyblade move. I'm not too sure on his moves.

(Nov. 13, 2016  10:40 PM)Jinbee Wrote: Maybe his moves are his grandpas fighting skills, except he'll be knocked out by the other characters.

Is this for real? Looks like Bootleg Smash Bros.

It's real; published by Hudson who also did some Beyblade games IIRC.
Can GameCube games be region-locked? If not, where can I buy it hah? I liked Bomberman a lot too, so why not try it out hah.
Here's Tyson in action!

(Nov. 13, 2016  11:13 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Can GameCube games be region-locked? If not, where can I buy it hah? I liked Bomberman a lot too, so why not try it out hah.

They are region locked, I'm afraid. The "Freeloader" disk will bypass that though and I'm sure there are other ways.

(Nov. 13, 2016  10:31 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote: tyson for smash 5

Nah, Dragoon for Smash 5 with Tyson just chilli in the background a la Pokemon Trainer.

Dragoon would be an oversized beyblade with the bitbeast floating above. The beast would be the attacker but tethered to the bey itself, which would be the hurtable segment. Instead of jumping or crouching, it'd just fly higher or lower (relative to the bey) but it would carry the bey in its mouth for up B, allowing it to recover or reach higher platforms.
Apparently Beyblade Burst is still selling "way more than expected", and Beyblade is already credited as a reason for profit overseas for TAKARA-TOMY for 2016. Additionally, it seems that they want to continue Beyblade Burst until 2019...