Beyblade Random Thoughts

I checked my new Revolve and I'm glad it's the good mold, the one that spins more freely, because I would not be able to buy more than 1 or 2 :D
(Jul. 26, 2016  5:28 PM)Izhkoort Wrote: I checked my new Revolve and I'm glad it's the good mold, the one that spins more freely, because I would not be able to buy more than 1 or 2 Grin
Its Good to know that but Was there two molds for Revolve Driver ? Sorry haven't been following the R2 Thread Much.
There's no different mold of Revolve that we know of, there's just been a wide variance in the tightness of the plastic disk surrounding the sharp tip between different Revolve Drivers. Calling variants of a part "molds" to differentiate between the ones that perform better than others when there is no significant difference in their appearance or weight is misleading and incorrect.
(Jul. 26, 2016  6:13 PM)Angry Face Wrote: There's no different mold of Revolve that we know of, there's just been a wide variance in the tightness of the plastic disk surrounding the sharp tip between different Revolve Drivers. Calling variants of a part "molds" to differentiate between the ones that perform better than others when there is no significant difference in their appearance or weight is misleading and incorrect.

It would be good to have an agreed-upon term for differences in performance due to manufacturing issues; "variants" definitely seems like a good word to use.
Haha, was having the same conversation with someone the other day and settled on variants, too.
(Jul. 26, 2016  6:37 PM)Cake Wrote: It would be good to have an agreed-upon term for differences in performance due to manufacturing issues; "variants" definitely seems like a good word to use.

https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-MFB-Mol...pid1333943

I touched on that here, I'm still refining the guide but I will most likely distinguish it as either a Mold or a Variant and update the lingo in the thread for clarity.
Well, I have the useful variant of revolve then :D
(Jul. 25, 2016  10:54 AM)Dracieleone Wrote: Just drew this up.

http://imgur.com/a/M26bX

Any thoughts or opinions?
(Jul. 27, 2016  1:56 AM)Dracieleone Wrote:

It is definitely interesting, but all that plastic would probably still make it overall light despite the metal balls?
Whats are your favorite meal saga beyblades? mine are L-Drago Destroy FConfused and Phantom Orion BGrin XD
Hm, from meal saga, mine would probably be Big Mac 320YEN.
(Jul. 27, 2016  2:16 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jul. 27, 2016  1:56 AM)Dracieleone Wrote:
It is definitely interesting, but all that plastic would probably still make it overall light despite the metal balls?

Which would allow the variable weight placement gimmick to shine.
(Jul. 27, 2016  9:25 AM)Dracomageat Wrote:
(Jul. 27, 2016  2:16 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jul. 27, 2016  1:56 AM)Dracieleone Wrote: Any thoughts or opinions?
Which would allow the variable weight placement gimmick to shine.

Agree, haha, I really like the idea Wink
I do not know, in Metal Fight Beyblade customizations we still ended up moving to Tracks with fixed mass and higher mass than GB145.
Yes, higher mass is generally preferred but, for the sake of the gimmick taking center stage over the weight, it being a high but not highest weight would be optimal. Too light could be a concern though.
I've also looked into the idea of the disk's main components being plastic, and then filled with metal weights.

Additionally, while observing my other disks, I found that in order for the balls to do anything the disk would have to be wider than the layer.

Hmmm... There's another idea.
Of course my Random Layer Collection Vol. 3 set arrives only tomorrow, when I will already be gone on vacation, even though it is already in Montréal since 6:18 AM... Goodbye Jeir Jormungand testing.
So has anyone figured out what the stars on the bottom of the Disks mean?

Just comparing 4 disks here:

Gravity: Average height. Octagonal. 21g. 3 stars.
Knuckle: Very short. Round with 6 protrusions. 20g. 3 stars.
Triple: Below average height. Round with 3 protrusions 19g. 4 stars.
Armed: Very tall. Octagonal, but rounded off. 18g. 1 star.

Of those four, only two have had their defenses tested (Armed being extremely difficult to burst but easy to KO, where Gravity is one of the easiest to burst, but hardest to KO). This leads me to believe that they might have something to do with defense. Further testing will have to be done to confirm this. One thing to note is that defenses are reliant on the disk's weight as far as we've observed, so this hypothesis is unlikely. What's really throwing me for a loop here is Triple. It's the second lightest disk of the four, but has the most stars.
(Jul. 30, 2016  11:42 AM)ToxicAtom Wrote: So has anyone figured out what the stars on the bottom of the Disks mean?

Of those four, only two have had their defenses tested (Armed being extremely difficult to burst but easy to KO, where Gravity is one of the easiest to burst, but hardest to KO). This leads me to believe that they might have something to do with defense. Further testing will have to be done to confirm this. One thing to note is that defenses are reliant on the disk's weight as far as we've observed, so this hypothesis is unlikely. What's really throwing me for a loop here is Triple. It's the second lightest disk of the four, but has the most stars.

From what you're explaining, I do believe the stars may have to do something with your results. Jp0t has a video regards to this: https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=hcqT2in3gCk

From what your results are showing, if Triple is the lightest but has most stars, then maybe weight isn't the reason. Honestly, I'm not entirely sure, I haven't actually thought about it. It could just be there for no reason or vice-versa. Either way, I can't seem to find another reason why the stars are there.. Chocked
(Jul. 30, 2016  11:42 AM)ToxicAtom Wrote: So has anyone figured out what the stars on the bottom of the Disks mean?

My Wing from my Valkyrie Wing Accel from the Start Dash Set has 3 stars while the Wing from my Kerbeus Wing Fusion only has 1 star.
Pretty sure the stars are to identify who's disk is who's.
(Jul. 30, 2016  1:17 PM)Hato Wrote: Pretty sure the stars are to identify who's disk is who's.

That´s what I think, too.
i wonder if TT will do a fan beyblade design contest for burst, like they did for HMS and MFB gen.

i hope TT releases some of the tips from plastic and MFB gen, like RS, RDF, RSF, EWD, MB, GF, plastics mainly SG bearing version, and full auto clutch

i'm not angry at TT i'm just disappointed that they didn't release metal change for driger s burst version.

really would like to see full auto clutch (free spinning) burst version be created, high speed, low friction, great control, seems like it would be great for burst, and could outclass xtreme.
a beyblade generation where a rubber tip isn't the most dominant for attack types would be nice.

i wonder if TT ever listen to or take ideas from the fans, people who actually have tested their products, and know what they want.
I was kinda wanting the whole plastics and HMS lineage of products to be re-released with limited production run in all their original glory. Must have been fun.
(Jul. 31, 2016  9:42 PM)NEET no Kami Wrote: i wonder if TT will do a fan beyblade design contest for burst, like they did for HMS and MFB gen.

a beyblade generation where a rubber tip isn't the most dominant for attack types would be nice.

i wonder if TT ever listen to or take ideas from the fans, people who actually have tested their products, and know what they want.

Pretty sure the fan design contest was Plastics and MFB only from what I recall. Although if there was one for HMS I feel like Slash Riger or Einstein MS was the outcome due to how they look. Also the beyblades that were designed for plastics and MFB were generally terrible. Though they were good looking though I suppose.

But rubber attack bottoms/tips provide more speed and are more easily controlled. What you asking for is for them to avoid what several generations have shown us works best...

Also considering the majority of fans will be children I thoroughly doubt it. The most they probably do this is with the fan design contests that you mentioned.