Beyblade Random Thoughts

Random thought/question: How would you guys torture an XTS bey? Bonus points if you specify which type of xts bey (Electro, IR, Tornado, and Stealth) too.
Toss all the tornado battlers in a tornado and watch them be flung out in several directions... :>
It comes out in July, so TAKARA-TOMY will withhold all information until July.
(Jun. 07, 2016  1:55 AM)SuperKirby64 Wrote: Random thought/question: How would you guys torture an XTS bey? Bonus points if you specify which type of xts bey (Electro, IR, Tornado, and Stealth) too.
kill it, kill it with fire.
(Jun. 07, 2016  2:35 AM)NEET no Kami Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2016  1:55 AM)SuperKirby64 Wrote: Random thought/question: How would you guys torture an XTS bey? Bonus points if you specify which type of xts bey (Electro, IR, Tornado, and Stealth) too.
kill it, kill it with fire.

Burn, Beyblade Burn!(as in the song)

Anyway, have any of you tournament goers with bb-10's put your stadium on the grass on a hot day and the underside gets visibly wet?
I hope that dual layers don't all turn out to be terrible similar to how the engine gear series was.
(Jun. 07, 2016  10:29 PM)Ultra Wrote: I hope that dual layers don't all turn out to be terrible similar to how the engine gear series was.

I hope not either but we can never know until it is released. I just hope they release an actual system next time! The Dual Layer thing was sorta already done since the layers were already technically were dual layered. They just happen to protrude more now. Give me more parts per beyblade! Speechless

For me, I actually really liked the engine gear series. Unique and fun gimmick; terrible performance most of the time.
(Jun. 07, 2016  10:29 PM)Ultra Wrote: I hope that dual layers don't all turn out to be terrible similar to how the engine gear series was.

See Wolborg G, Metal Driger and Dranzer GT for top tier parts from the engine gear line. Zeus was also great but I have no idea on its competetive worth. There were probably more besides.
(Jun. 07, 2016  11:22 PM)Dracomageat Wrote:

See Wolborg G, Metal Driger and Dranzer GT for top tier parts from the engine gear line. Zeus was also great but I have no idea on its competetive worth. There were probably more besides.

Saying Metal Driger has "top-tier parts" is technically true, I guess, but it's just a core that can only be used in V/V2 series Spin Gears. Is any part from Dranzer GT that awesome? Triangle Wing being a decent upper AR in Left Spin is nice, but I dunno if it qualifies as "top-tier."

Either way, I think his point his clear: much like the EG series, the Dual Layer series' defining aspect — its wider Layers with more protruding plastic — has proven to be more of a detriment than an advantage.
(Jun. 07, 2016  11:26 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:

Saying Metal Driger has "top-tier parts" is technically true, I guess, but it's just a core that can only be used in V/V2 series Spin Gears. Is any part from Dranzer GT that awesome? Triangle Wing being a decent upper AR in Left Spin is nice, but I dunno if it qualifies as "top-tier."

Either way, I think his point his clear: much like the EG series, the Dual Layer series' defining aspect — its wider Layers with more protruding plastic — has proven to be more of a detriment than an advantage.

Right now I like Triangle Wing because it's one of the only ARs that can beat Twin Saucer, and Zeus was pretty cool for Screw Zeus.
Yeah, but ARs weren't the defining characteristic of the EG series. If we mean parts in general, then Dual Layer series already has Orbit, Revolve and Gravity as strong parts.
So you buy a jigsaz puzzle for 1800 yen and you also get 1800 Beypoints for the BeyCloud, if anyone is interested. Also, each set comes with an exclusive sticker sheet, for instance for Victory Valkyrie and Storm Spriggan:
https://www.ensky.co.jp/item/8951.html
https://www.ensky.co.jp/item/8952.html

Apparently not all side products give you Beypoints, oddly...

I'm aware of those but as a whole it paled in comparison to earlier series (mainly V2). The main gimmick of the series was bad competitively.
At the Maryland event last weekend I won one of the light launchers with the long winder (Which I traded to @[lawsomeness], lol). Anyway I accidentally ripped the code from it in half. It took a surprisingly lot of Photoshop work to even make the code usable, but I finally did it! I need to be careful about those codes from now on XD
Well, I just snapped my clavicle in two and my right arm is in a sling...time to learn to launch with my left hand.
(Jun. 11, 2016  8:03 PM)Dual Wrote: Well, I just snapped my clavicle in two and my right arm is in a sling...time to learn to launch with my left hand.

Yo mate.

But what happened to make that accident occur?
Teach me your ways, Kai-V.

I was playing rugby and got tackled, then someone's knee smashed into my clavicle. Luckily the bone didn't break through my skin, but I'm in a sling for six weeks.
Damn knees, I swear they should be covered by some fat for all of our sakes hah.

A sling complicates things no matter the arm though, since it bends it instead of allowing you to really extend it and solidy your hold like launching requires.
Amen to that.

And right now I pretty much can't do anything, but in a few days I should be able to move my right arm to a point where I can hold the launcher above the stadium. Stability would still be a problem though, I'm sure.
There is always an alternative.

[Image: hasbro-lanceur-beyblade.jpg]
There's also an alternative to that alternative as well, just in case you think that alternative is a bad alternative as an alternative.
Haha, those launchers finally found their niche, injured bladers like me.
Someone in the city is selling a burst stadium, a couple MFB, and a burst bey on kijiji. (One of us?)

I really am tempted, though I know that I shouldn't, so I won't.
No more serious hobbyist spending or picking up new hobbies (this includes resuming an old hobby in a new generation, lol) until I'm employed. I've promised myself.

That includes you too, Overwatch.
The fact that you're tempted at all makes me pretty happy. Welcome back!