Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Dec. 13, 2015  1:29 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: No offense meant, as these are pretty cool, but I think this is a less effective way of determining contact points than just looking at the original shape. The fact that these are round, spinning objects, and not simply moving lines, is a non-trivial factor.

It's more of a visualization tool than anything else - it's hard to work out how exactly a Beyblade's profile deviates from a perfect circle.

Functionally, this is a lot like a Mercator map projection - there's minimal distortion towards the edge of the Beyblade (the equator on the map), but as you approach the center of rotation (the poles on the map) the image is increasingly distorted. In the case of Beyblade, it's important to remember that the stuff on the edge is what's moving fastest, and is therefore much more important than slower-moving features closer to the center.

EDIT: I suppose it's more like an equirectangular projection, but I doubt anyone cares enough about maps to gripe about it.
I am an MLB!!!

Major.League.Blader

Hmm, that should be a thing on the wbo really, it sounds edgy
Jesus Christ. So that's why Flash are so Op. One More thing, do you guys think that Sagittario redeemed himself from Flame Sagittario? because that bey is awful.
If "normal sag" is Flame Sagittario, the second Sagittario in the series, then no, it was actually very good at the time of its release.
As times changes the older gen becomes the weaker gen. then again, can't really remember much of Sarg really being all that nice but eh, to each there own.
(Dec. 13, 2015  6:43 PM)Meta madness Wrote: As times changes the older gen becomes the weaker gen. then again, can't really remember much of Sarg really being all that nice but eh, to each there own.

You were not here when it was released; perhaps that has something to do with it ?
(Dec. 13, 2015  7:07 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Dec. 13, 2015  6:43 PM)Meta madness Wrote: As times changes the older gen becomes the weaker gen. then again, can't really remember much of Sarg really being all that nice but eh, to each there own.

You were not here when it was released; perhaps that has something to do with it ?

I really don't need to be anywhere during somethings release to know the updated version of it is superior then the version prior to it.
(Dec. 13, 2015  7:09 PM)Meta madness Wrote: I really don't need to be anywhere during somethings release to know the updated version of it is superior then the version prior to it.

Nobody is arguing otherwise. That's not what Kai-V said.
Well the implication of me having to be around to know is a pretty big ordeal. you don't have to be around here at the time of said release to know if it's good. Just test and test until it gets rekt or it won't get rekt.
Something is wrong with your tests if you did not realise that Flame awas top-tier for Stamina and that C145 was top-tier in Defense at the time of Flame Sagittario's release.

And/or I cannot remember what Hasbro had released in the same wave, but perhaps that format of releases screws up perceptions since the next best release ends up coming out nearly at the same time, since Hasbro's pace is too impatient.
(Dec. 13, 2015  7:41 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Something is wrong with your tests if you did not realise that Flame was top-tier for Stamina and that C145 was top-tier in Defense at the time of Flame Sagittario's release.

I have no idea where that Hasbro bit came in but whatever...

Of course flame sarg was superior to the other sarg since it was pretty awful. That's what I've been saying all along. Seriously, flame is superior to the other sarg.

(Dec. 13, 2015  7:09 PM)Meta madness Wrote: I really don't need to be anywhere during somethings release to know the updated version of it is superior then the version prior to it.

But pfft, points amiright?
Again, what you're responding to is not even what she said. She said that it was top-tier in carious categories when it came out, not that it was merely better than the first Sagittario.

Please don't take the time to reply if you can't take the time to read.
In this string of conversation, you guys were saying that Flame Sagittario was awful :

(Dec. 13, 2015  3:25 AM)PadrinoTheHorse Wrote: Jesus Christ. So that's why Flash are so Op. One More thing, do you guys think that Sagittario redeemed himself from Flame Sagittario? because that bey is awful.

(Dec. 13, 2015  2:40 PM)Meta madness Wrote: yes, normal sarg was pretty terrible.

>Padino says flame Sargittario
>I said normal sarg. not specifying my sarg at first but revealing later to be the original sarg.
>Post after it saying the sargentario after first one is better
>Also admitting flame is superior to first sarg.

So, what have I said wrong besides saying the first sarg was trash?
Dude, none of us are oblivious to the fact that you are intentionally baiting us. Let it go.

Kai-V specified Flame Sagitarrio and asked if that was indeed what you were referring to and you didn't correct it.
I've made it painful obvious it was. And pretty much said it again as well.
finally i can able to control GF's movement after heavy practise. now i can use Giga Flat based combos at next event
Random Thought:

What if we made a beyblade pricechart similar to the video game price charting website videogames.pricecharting.com that cateloges Beyblades from all the generations and the average price they sell for based on condition (like new/used).

I guess we could get it to work relatively quickly seeing as there are considerably less amounts of Beyblades in existence than there are video games on the NES alone.
(Dec. 14, 2015  2:34 AM)...Beyblade? Wrote: Random Thought:

What if we made a beyblade pricechart similar to the video game price charting website videogames.pricecharting.com that cateloges Beyblades from all the generations and the average price they sell for based on condition (like new/used).

I guess we could get it to work relatively quickly seeing as there are considerably less amounts of Beyblades in existence than there are video games on the NES alone.

At your service : http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php?...rence_List
(Dec. 14, 2015  2:38 AM)Kai-V Wrote:

when all this things like pricechart will be moved to beywiki
(Dec. 14, 2015  2:38 AM)Kai-V Wrote:

How frequently is it updated? I was thinking of something that could automatically update based on sales on and off the site.

For example some prices are up to date, while others (like zeus) aren't.

maybe we could add a parts list too
(Dec. 14, 2015  2:45 AM)CHEHEN-FIREFIRE Wrote: when all this things like pricechart will be moved to beywiki

When people start helping ? I understand that a lot of people are busy with the end of semester at school, but so far, the contributions are very low compared to what everyone could do.

(Dec. 14, 2015  2:46 AM)...Beyblade? Wrote: How frequently is it updated? I was thinking of something that could automatically update based on sales on and off the site.

The prices are mostly up-to-date. If you think that any of the prices are questionable, my advice is to post about them in the topic about this reference list in the Beywiki Project forum, and if other Members agree about your proposed changes, then they can go ahead and get modified : http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Old-Proj...rence-List

Unfortunately, it is impossible to keep track of all sales being done everywhere on the net, and there are both extremely generous sellers and others that get very lucky with a filthy rich customer who does not care about overpaying for an item that is really not worth that much. It is better to work as a community and evaluate the actual prices we have seen Beyblades go for most often to come up with the current value.

Nobody consistently sells individual parts, so there is sadly not much reason to go through the harduous task of evaluating each piece.
(Dec. 14, 2015  2:52 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Dec. 14, 2015  2:45 AM)CHEHEN-FIREFIRE Wrote: when all this things like pricechart will be moved to beywiki

When people start helping ? I understand that a lot of people are busy with the end of semester at school, but so far, the contributions are very low compared to what everyone could do.

(Dec. 14, 2015  2:46 AM)...Beyblade? Wrote: How frequently is it updated? I was thinking of something that could automatically update based on sales on and off the site.

The prices are mostly up-to-date. If you think that any of the prices are questionable, my advice is to post about them in the topic about this reference list in the Beywiki Project forum, and if other Members agree about your proposed changes, then they can go ahead and get modified : http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Old-Proj...ight=price

Okay because I was (am) looking for a Black Dranzer MF and was quoted $300 USD for a NIB one, when the chart says I shouldn't pay more than $80 for it.
Well, it is incredibly rare, but whoever added that value must have had a reason. In any case, I would definitely agreee with increasing its given value, but at the same time, the market interest is very low right now, so nothing really sells for two hundred dollars anymore.