Beyblade Random Thoughts

Hope you're willing to wait a long long time. A year was it?
(Oct. 19, 2015  3:15 PM)gankoba Wrote: Hope you're willing to wait a long long time. A year was it?

It should be in 2017 actually, so perhaps a year and a half hah.
I'm glad we have a year and a half to get ready, to be honest :'D
That's too long Unhappy I'm really looking forward to the day I'll buy a Burst set locally.. I suddenly remember the feeling when my parents enthusiastically bought me BB-32 years ago. The feels
Yeah ikr, I have never really experienced the joy of being able to go into a store and buying beys. It will also make beyblade much more popular in our local areas, which is what I am excited about the most. I really hope Hasbro doesn't pull a Metal Fury with Burst. They will probably actually have the chance to make it even better, with better teeth on Valkyrie, stronger launchers, etc. Let's hope they do.
I wonder, what if Hasbro were to localize Beyblade Burst, but thought that the Burst gimmick wouldn't sell well and removed the system entirely? All the parts are exactly the same, except they don't Burst. Of course, this would drastically change the metagame, as the concept of choosing pieces that burst well/resist being bursted is completely gone. On one hand, it would be really cool to have a dual metagame alongside the standard Burst format, but on the other hand it would definitely suck if an entire group of regions were denied local access to the regular format (after all, some may find it to be more fun).
How many people who doubted the value of Burst as a gameplay mechanic, and who've been playing actively, want to see it go away?

Not me.
I seriously doubt Hasbro will remove or inhibit the Burst mechanic whatsoever once they begin their distribution. After all, they did create BeyWheelz, a game which could be viewed as having the potential to be many times more dangerous than Beyblade due to the unrestricted nature of its gameplay, especially when used improperly.
(Oct. 20, 2015  2:47 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: How many people who doubted the value of Burst as a gameplay mechanic, and who've been playing actively, want to see it go away?

Not me.

I definitely don't. It would seem redundant to me to essentially return to the original plastics system. This was just a "what if" idea I had, I definitely don't support the idea.

(Oct. 20, 2015  2:58 AM)Angry Face Wrote: I seriously doubt Hasbro will remove or inhibit the Burst mechanic whatsoever once they begin their distribution. After all, they did create BeyWheelz, a game which could be viewed as having the potential to be many times more dangerous than Beyblade due to the unrestricted nature of its gameplay, especially when used improperly.

I wasn't really considering safety, more that Hasbro wouldn't think that kids would be into exploding Beyblades. Actually, typing that out, that's the dumbest thing ever. Of course kids would want exploding Beyblades.
The only problem with the domestic/Hasbro release of Burst that I could see (aside from some parents complaining about possibly injury from the Burst) would be the wear of parts. I'm assuming, as they usually do, Hasbro will fix the quality of the Beyblade parts.

That being said, it's also possible that they may not, which means wear would be a pretty fair sized problem- especially since Hasbro hasn't been known to release part boosters or issue replacements parts in the past. Especially where the hobby is less (official) competition-driven in the States, there would be less demand on going out and getting more parts to replace worn ones. Not to mention most parents probably won't enjoy having to buy duplicates or buying the toy in general, if it fails to function properly only after several uses. That's the only way I could see Burst suffering, sales wise, but that's just me.
(Oct. 19, 2015  7:25 PM)Zoroaste Wrote: Yeah ikr, I have never really experienced the joy of being able to go into a store and buying beys. It will also make beyblade much more popular in our local areas, which is what I am excited about the most. I really hope Hasbro doesn't pull a Metal Fury with Burst. They will probably actually have the chance to make it even better, with better teeth on Valkyrie, stronger launchers, etc. Let's hope they do.

Ohh, so that's why you're really keen on purchasing online, Zoroaste. Well, until now I continuously check a local toy store even though I know all they have is a Guardian Revizer and Bandid Goreim, along with some MFB beylaunchers. Haha. Also my local toy stores sell Takara-Tomy beys, so it's good for me.
Is it just me or did limited and Zero-G curl up and die? They seem to be very unpopular.
(Oct. 20, 2015  4:53 AM)Redemption Wrote: Is it just me or did limited and Zero-G curl up and die? They seem to be very unpopular.

Burst seems to have been exceptionally well-received by players, technical issues notwithstanding. Not surprised to see people ready to move onto it, especially when there are new releases every month.

That said, Limited still gets played a ton. Zero-G doesn't seem popular.
(Oct. 20, 2015  5:07 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Oct. 20, 2015  4:53 AM)Redemption Wrote: Is it just me or did limited and Zero-G curl up and die? They seem to be very unpopular.

Burst seems to have been exceptionally well-received by players, technical issues notwithstanding. Not surprised to see people ready to move onto it, especially when there are new releases every month.

That said, Limited still gets played a ton. Zero-G doesn't seem popular.
Ah, I may have just returned at a downtime then.
Yeah, a bunch of Limited events just past and Burst is happening now. That said, the impressions at the Toronto tournament yesterday were that Burst was way more enjoyable than MFB, and most players didn't seem to have a huge desire to return to it.
It really may just be the attraction of the new though, which is not a bad thing at all, but simply not an indicator of whether a generation is actually more enjoyable than another.
Well, I'm going to go by what I heard people say rather than try to guess their subconscious Eee
I actually created a WBBA Profile today however I still don't have any Burst beys yet. Haha. Feels good to be officially registered though.
(Oct. 20, 2015  5:20 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Yeah, a bunch of Limited events just past and Burst is happening now. That said, the impressions at the Toronto tournament yesterday were that Burst was way more enjoyable than MFB, and most players didn't seem to have a huge desire to return to it.

I don't think I would go that far. Our next tournament is going to be MFB haha. Zero-G is definitely less popular than Standard, but statistically speaking it might actually be more popular than Limited overall (that could be changing, though). In Toronto at least however, Limited is definitely more popular than Zero-G. Need to get that data archive up to date so we can gather the exact statistics for this, though.
Let's be honest, Limited was just the Committee being boss' and giving us something to do while we waited for the next generation, right? Wink
(Oct. 22, 2015  3:20 AM)Zed EX Wrote: Let's be honest, Limited was just the Committee being boss' and giving us something to do while we waited for the next generation, right? Wink

Well, it certainly did serve to inspire everyone to see Metal Fight Beyblade in a light they had never seen it in before. So, it did "give us something to do", but not just for the sake of it. I think Limited is a really unique and interesting format because of how relatively freely the ban list can change in comparison to other formats where we do not want to mess with the ecosystem of parts created by TAKARA-TOMY unless we absolutely have to (ie. Libra, F230CF/GCF, etc), so it was worth it to create it not only for the activity we knew it would inspire, but because it legitimately was (and is) a great format too.
After a lot of patient waiting/refreshing, I finally managed to order Odin from Amazon Japan directly from Amazon at MSRP, alongside a Ragnuruk Heavy Survive. Considering that it's a small package, it'll probably pass through customs super quick... it'd drive me crazy if that arrived BEFORE my stadium and other Beys pass customs, haha.
Hey guys, just thought I'd let you know I should be selling my entire collection pretty soon. I have A LOT of top tier stuff for Limited, Standard, and Zero G. I just need the A-OK from my dad to help me with shipping.