Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Oct. 17, 2015  5:39 PM)Half Nail Wrote:
(Oct. 17, 2015  5:24 PM)Kai-V Wrote: One day is really not customs hell hah. Try India or Italy.

If the tracking is correct it's been there 3 days, and just says "Customs procedures in". I am being a bit melodramatic, but it's weirding me out though because last time I got a package from Tenso it was in there for only one day and showed up at my doorstep the next day.

Once, I had my beyblade package at customs for around 6-8 months Uncertain
I had to ask a agent to help me get it released. It was a 16kg package, some beys were stolen/damaged .. and they charged a lot of cash to release it
Just interested in Beyblade's past. I know plastics were the original Beys, and after that there were heavy metal Beys which seem to be the most popular. Then there was Shogun steel, which everyone says sucked. What was bad about it? Seemed to be super customizable. Then Beywheels which from what I saw was absolute garbage. Then Beywarriors which also looks like utter garbage, and then some kind of car type Beyblade? Not sure what that was. Is there anything else? Seemed like Hasbro wanted to cash in on Beyblade's success and make a bunch of horrible spin-offs.

Anyway, I'm happy Takara finally made things right with burst
(Oct. 18, 2015  4:24 AM)gankoba Wrote: Just interested in Beyblade's past. I know plastics were the original Beys, and after that there were heavy metal Beys which seem to be the most popular. Then there was Shogun steel, which everyone says sucked. What was bad about it? Seemed to be super customizable. Then Beywheels which from what I saw was absolute garbage. Then Beywarriors which also looks like utter garbage, and then some kind of car type Beyblade? Not sure what that was. Is there anything else? Seemed like Hasbro wanted to cash in on Beyblade's success and make a bunch of horrible spin-offs.

Anyway, I'm happy Takara finally made things right with burst

The car things were Beyraider, aka crapppppppppppp cars.

HMS were not necessarily most popular actually, Plastics were and are great, mainly because of the great creativity the original Takara team had (Heck, A spark beyblade with real flint) had and the quality of the Anime for the time (Better than that Zero-G carp). The HMS were popular because it was such a large step from plastics, and a lot more durable.

Then there was mfb which was nice. Shogun Steel is hasbro's version if Zero-G (the proper name) and they weren't bad, but TT never really went anywhere with it and the customs were somewhat limited due to there not being many new parts released compared to other beyblade generations.

EDITS: Grammer check is for wuss'.
HMS is just a really fun collectors item; that's probably why you think it's more popular.
(Oct. 18, 2015  5:24 AM)Neo Wrote: HMS is just a really fun collectors item; that's probably why you think it's more popular.

If we consider "popular" as a measure of how highly something is held in regard — rather than sales, which were understandably low — then I think calling HMS popular is pretty accurate. It's an awesome system.
It's definitely my favorite right now. Well, that and Burst. But yeah, they just have so many cool intricate little parts and gimmicks to them, they are super fun to play with. Can't wait for the rest of mine to get to Zenmarket and ship to me!
[Image: 21b21yo.jpg]

Woah, since I got my Rock Bison today, I made this weird looking combo which puny's even the Circle Defense ring.
(Oct. 18, 2015  4:08 PM)gankoba Wrote: It'd probably fly away if he launched it

if its the Takara AR, I wouldn't doubt it.
I would make a video but I only have a phone for a camera and I really don't use Youtube that much.

Though I would like to see someone with a Takara Trypio do this combo.
You need a left spin gear to make it ''fly''
That would mean getting it from Dragoon GT and considering it's price, I can't do it, but I'm sure someone else can.
I just won Amaterios!!! Grin everybody here at the tournament saw :3
(Oct. 18, 2015  6:06 PM)Hato Wrote: I just won Amaterios!!! Grin everybody here at the tournament saw :3

Wow, that's rad man. How many tries did it take?
4 or 5 I think.. :3
Eh I want to try but I can't get it even if I won, congrats Hato!
This is a little note to those who have a upcoming tournament soon, check this out.

We've noticed a super cool "triangle" of Beyblades that beat each other. The order goes as following:

Wyvern > Valkyrie > Deathscyther > Wyvern etc..

This basically means that Wyvern beats Valkyrie, Valkyrie beats Deathscyther, and Deathscyther beats Wyvern. Really cool Wink
(Oct. 19, 2015  1:43 AM)LMAO Wrote: This is a little note to those who have a upcoming tournament soon, check this out.

We've noticed a super cool "triangle" of Beyblades that beat each other. The order goes as following:

This basically means that Wyvern beats Valkyrie, Valkyrie beats Deathscyther, and Deathscyther beats Wyvern. Really cool Wink

How is it cool when it is rock-paper-scissor and that people decried this principle existing in Beyblade hah ?

And/or, this is just the eternal Defense - Attack - Stamina triangle.
Hey, that's right, we don't have any news about Odin.

@[gankoba] did some tests with it, right ?
It's refreshing, it's not like this in MFB, the guessing game of what to use is fun haha.

And yo, if Odin is really good I'm excited, this will change the whole triangle drastically!
It's pretty funny how excited I am over Beyblade again. Hopefully I can get together some tournaments or something.
(Oct. 19, 2015  2:10 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Oct. 19, 2015  1:43 AM)LMAO Wrote: This is a little note to those who have a upcoming tournament soon, check this out.

How is it cool when it is rock-paper-scissor and that people decried this principle existing in Beyblade hah ?

And/or, this is just the eternal Defense - Attack - Stamina triangle.

It's not really as simple as LMAO's post, it's just a good way of illustrating the concept. Basically, Burst is insane and countering is a much more complicated process than just selecting the right type. Look forward to my tournament report Grin
Wowzers, I was looking at OkinawamTS' wbba profile, and man does he have some impressive stats... 279k points, 1500 shoot power and 18k launches! Even if he were sharing his logger with his sons, those are mighty Impressive numbers