Beyblade Random Thoughts

Hasbro's launchers are ridiculous
(Sep. 05, 2015  10:49 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Can a brand that had this really sink any lower?
Personally I preferred this gem:

Because there's no better way to prepare for a back-alley Beyblade showdown than Beybladebattles.com.
'' I've battled at beybladebattles.com ''

Oh God.
hahahahaha, I think that one is competently produced in that it at least doesn't try to sell itself as related to extreme sports.
(Sep. 05, 2015  6:10 PM)Zoroaste Wrote: Yeah I think either way, whether it is a flop or blockbuster, it will still draw attention to the game itself and get more people to play. Us hardcore players aren't going to care either way because we just love the game anyway. I guarantee there are a lot of people like us out there that would definitely get hooked if only they knew about it. Especially Burst, Burst is very attractive to new comers and takes all of the boringness (stamina battles, etc) out of it.
Just to let you know, it hasn't been confirmed that there will be a movie. I hope that there is, but stuff like Bakugan was supposed to get a movie but even after announcing a director, but the movie never hit theaters.
Hahahahaha. What? That's not what tournaments actually look like? I thought that they all took place in exclusive underground warehouses for high stakes with hundreds of people cheering on a spinning top. I really hope that the movie, if released, is a lot better than something like that
I thought it was ridiculous on how they decided to associate Beyblade with angsty-style teens and rap music.
I dunno, that was kinda MFB's design aesthetic early on.
Believe it or not, as a 10 year old I was fascinated/hooked on that metal fusion commercial. If it weren't for that commercial I wouldn't even be playing with beyblades right now...
(Sep. 06, 2015  12:57 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I dunno, that was kinda MFB's design aesthetic early on.
Funny because when I showed my friend the original Leone facebolt design (with the bubble letters) that I was planning to get as a tattoo, she asked me why I wanted a "ghetto lion" design.
In any case, I agreed to wait a couple more months & then get it with her if I still want it. But yeah, the "edgy" design certainly seems to be what they were going for.
(Sep. 06, 2015  3:57 AM)The Supreme One Wrote:
(Sep. 06, 2015  12:57 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I dunno, that was kinda MFB's design aesthetic early on.
Funny because when I showed my friend the original Leone facebolt design (with the bubble letters) that I was planning to get as a tattoo, she asked me why I wanted a "ghetto lion" design.
In any case, I agreed to wait a couple more months & then get it with her if I still want it. But yeah, the "edgy" design certainly seems to be what they were going for.
Ghetto lion LOL. That legit made me laugh out loud.
Ghetto lion? More like coolest lion ever...
I personally would get the newer Leone facebolt though if I was going to do it
Look, kids ads are always gonna be cheesy — that first Hasbro one for MFB was pretty good. The biggest groan-worthy moment is the BeybladeBattles.com namedrop, but yo, marketing department has KPIs to reach!

It was only later where the commercials seemed to attempt to conflate Beyblade with BMXing and skateboarding that it was really off-message.
Yeah. Half-pipe stadium, lol. Is that thing any good? I mean obviously it is inferior to any of the legal stadiums, but does it have any novelty to it that is cool in any way? Like the way that the beys perform in it, etc. I have been thinking about picking up a used one when I can find a deal on eBay
Yesterday I tried looking for some beyblade burst manga scans on google and almost got a virus. Glad I have the WBO to depend on for this. Eee
(Sep. 06, 2015  5:29 AM)Zoroaste Wrote: Yeah. Half-pipe stadium, lol. Is that thing any good? I mean obviously it is inferior to any of the legal stadiums, but does it have any novelty to it that is cool in any way? Like the way that the beys perform in it, etc. I have been thinking about picking up a used one when I can find a deal on eBay

From what I've seen, the base of it is flat.. Either that or barely curved. Not worth it IMO.

(Sep. 06, 2015  9:36 PM)Blader_Kev Wrote: Yesterday I tried looking for some beyblade burst manga scans on google and almost got a virus. Glad I have the WBO to depend on for this. Eee

Unsmith

yay
Where'd you almost get a virus from?
(Sep. 06, 2015  9:48 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Where'd you almost get a virus from?
I don't exactly remember the site but what happened is that I visited one of the first search results for "beyblade burst manga" and then I got redirected to a bad website.
oh, mangafox. haha
(Sep. 05, 2015  5:49 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I would say I was terrified about what a live action movie could cause in terms of damage to the Beyblade brand, but I am not sure there is much of a reputation to uphold for most people. Tongue_out

hey, maybe if you starred in it the movie might do considerably well!! lol
(Sep. 05, 2015  11:27 PM)T. L-Drago 9207 Wrote: I thought it was ridiculous on how they decided to associate Beyblade with angsty-style teens and rap music.

My best friend and I listen to beats and freestyle sometimes when we blade, or we just listen to rap. So who's to say that it isn't?!

Haha jk, I know that we probably aren't typical.
I would actually love to write that movie. :') But I also think I've earned a role as a B-villain, at least!
I listen to underground hiphop primarily but their rap is so awful it might as well be a different genre. Lol

That would be awesome Beybrad, I bet you would play it well. Or the rival too
Hey guys! I'm currently taking a class called "Games, Game Theory, and Leadership," and I'm planning to write about Beyblade for my first paper. Unfortunately, I'm having trouble thinking of a good thesis that goes beyond simply explaining the game. Are there any real-life themes or strategies that are played out in a battle? Any complicated aspect of the game that I could shed some light on? I thought about describing the physics behind it, but I don't think that's quite what the teacher is looking for. Just want to get some ideas bouncing back and forth so I'll have an idea of where to begin.
You could talk about the mental aspect of trying to figure out what your opponent is going to use against you, and how to counter it. Just an idea.