Beyblade Random Thoughts

Yeah, true, it does need more releases for a more interesting meta. I am getting kind of bored with it at this point. New releases should be arriving next week though. Hopefully deathscyther and oval are really good
I was actually very surprised at how intense the Toronto tournament was given the dearth of parts. When you're playing with skilled players, it's always pretty exciting.
Yeah. I can only play by myself for the most part. Playing with other people as skilled as me woukld be my dream. My gf will play 10 or so rounds usually if I ask her, but she isnt very good. Need more Maine bladers. Can't wait for the hasbro release. That should at least spark enough interest to get something going in New England. I am more than willing to be the organizer. I am thinking about driving down to new York for a tourney but that is like 5 hours one way
I started a blog about Beyblade, check it out if you're interested: http://beybrad.tumblr.com/
(Aug. 05, 2015  9:10 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I started a blog about Beyblade, check it out if you're interested: http://beybrad.tumblr.com/

Looks good! Followed.

You've always been an excellent writer
Cool. Very professional and well written. Hopefully it gets more people into blading. Especially in Maine!!! Haha
(Aug. 05, 2015  9:10 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I started a blog about Beyblade, check it out if you're interested: http://beybrad.tumblr.com/

I'm definitely going to be watching this, followed!

I knew you were up to something when I saw your request for that image of Spin Dragoon, Pegasis, and Valkyrie. Followed!

Your The Evolution of Beyblade’s Aesthetic post was interesting. The designs of the opaque plastic of the 'under-layer' on Layers so far are reminiscent in some ways of the Plastic generation with it's use of things like abstracted 'faces' with eyes. Despite the more literal representations found in later Metal Fight Beyblade releases, that style didn't really exist during that generation until Zero-G when the Chrome Wheels became flatter and basically had faces applied to them.
My favorite thing ever when tracking beyblade packages: It spends two days departed from a USPS facility in new york, the entire time I am thinking that it should be in Maine at any point. Then it changes to "Arrived at this other place in new york, haha wait longer fool"
I realized earlier that the WBO is basically BEGA and I am Boris.
Heck yeah dude. You are the man. If weren't for you, and the work of the committee and other contributing members, then we wouldn't have this awesome organization that makes it possible to have beyblade tourneys anywhere in the world.

You know what is a cool game to play with your burst beys? Put them all together and then the last one left together wins. Only reassemble when there is a double burst
(Aug. 07, 2015  12:49 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I realized earlier that the WBO is basically BEGA and I am Boris.

I don't know, I would say Kei makes a more convincing Vorkov.

You realize, Zoroaste, that BEGA is essentially the antagonistic association?
Nope. Didn't have a clue what it was actually. I just didn't want to ignore what he said and also show my appreciation, to be honest. Lol
O cool. Is that from the original plastics anime? I have only seen metal fight and have just started metal masters
Absolutely, from the third season of Bakuten Shoot Beyblade, G Revolution.
Plastics seem really cool, I will probably get into them one day. They are really complicated and expensive though and I already am spending a lot on burst at the moment
Hm, actually, by the time of BEGA and Justice 5, team BEGA's strength actually forced team BBA to adopt the latest and strongest generation of Beyblade, HMS. So, it is a mix of plastics (team BEGA) and HMS (team BBA).
It was also the case that Takao and Rei had just trashed Driger G and Dragoon GT.
There is a new fastest shot in the west... errr north.... america?? I dunno. All I know for sure is that my arm hurts today from ripping so much last night . Lol
Why are those scores so much lower than the readouts on the plastic gen electronic launchers? I'm easily getting upwards of 6-7K on those.
Because they don't directly correlate to RPM like the plastic launchers do.
Good lord my light launcher for burst is so inconsistent. Jams up half the time. Feels like the gears just dont fit as well as they should.

I really hope I just got a faulty one because this is annoying.
Yeah I got 3 that all work great. They jam up a little bit every 15 shots or so but then they come unjammed pretty easy after.
@[Kei] I feel like crying, Scott did not mention me in the end of the burst tournament video. I have to get him back and rek(t) him next tourney! Wink