Beyblade Random Thoughts

Hey, does anyone know why the tradition of having two points to win a match in the plastic era changed to three points in MFB? I don't think this is a rule or anything but back when plastics were around, people usually battled matches until someone won two, but now in MFB it's three points for most people (Not sure about WBO), does anyone know why this is?
It was always 3 points in Japan — 2 for KO, 1 for Outspin. This was the case for the WBO (well, Beywiki) until MFB came out and I changed the rules because KOs were much more frequent in MFB. I don't know what the latest rules for MFB in Japan were, though.
(Jul. 23, 2015  8:28 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: It was always 3 points in Japan — 2 for KO, 1 for Outspin. This was the case for the WBO (well, Beywiki) until MFB came out and I changed the rules because KOs were much more frequent in MFB. I don't know what the latest rules for MFB in Japan were, though.

Not exactly what I meant, winners were usually decided by the number of matches when some play casually. Like, no matter how the beyblade won, it counted as winning 1 round, and this applied to whether a beyblade was knocked out of outspin, win three rounds and you win, though back then it was two rounds, like I said, it wasn't something official but it's what a lot of people did when just playing a match.
I guess, but you're the one comparing official rules (3 points) to unofficial traditions (2 rounds). If there's a "tradition" of 3 rounds now, it's because that's what the WBO enforces.
(Jul. 23, 2015  8:46 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I guess, but you're the one comparing official rules (3 points) to unofficial traditions (2 rounds). If there's a "tradition" of 3 rounds now, it's because that's what the WBO enforces.

What? I wasn't trying to compare it to official rules, I don't think? I thought three won matches was done by casual players of MFB, I think it's just that I saw Plastic beyblade matches of videos on youtube being two rounds to win and MFB three rounds to win, particularly on something like DrigerGT. I was wondering what changed people's minds on how many rounds determine a winner, but I think it could be official rules actually.

I wasn't talking about tourneys but more of when people just play for fun NOT in tournaments and that's probably where the confusion was.
I'm saying that one influences the other. In the plastic community, there was no real organized competitive scene outside of official events. It's hard to overstate how much the WBO changed how Beyblade is played and discussed outside of Japan.
I have a theory about a "Beyblade Burst alphabet".
Have you ever noticed that Valkyrie has a V, Kerbeus has a K, Ragnaruk has an R, Spriggan has an S, Deathsizer has a D, Wyvern has a W and Trident has a T in the center of the Layer,
Wing has a W, Central has a C, Heavy has an H, Spread has an S, Oval has an O and Armed has an A on the two sides and that
Accele has an A, Defense has a D, Survive has an S, Fusion has an F, Claw has a C and Massive has an M in the center of the driver?

Maybe there are going to be 26 secret alphabet Beyblade combos and one Beyblade / three parts for every letter of the alphabet so we would have 1 combo for every letter of the alphabet.

So far we have:
A = ___ Armed Accele
C = ___ Central Claw
D = Deathsizer ___ Defense
F = ___ ___ Fusion
H = ___ Heavy ___
K = Kerbeus ___ ___
M = ___ ___ Massive
O = ___ Oval ___
R = Ragnaruk ___ ___
S = Spriggan Spread Survive
V = Valkyrie ___ ___
W = Wyvern Wing ___

What do you think about this theory?
While it may or may not be real, the theory is pretty interesting. Cool thing to think about as we see future releases.
As Kai-V said, this is because they use a letter to identify each part. That is the reason that they have not doubled up on any of the letters yet, except in different types of parts. While it is a neat theory, I don't see some of those combos working too well
Basically we can almost expect to be able to call combinations in the following fashion : "VWA" for the lazy out there, but in my opinion that does not mean that they will necessarily fill out one Layer, one Disk and one Driver per letter of the alphabet.

To be honest, it was a bad idea to assign letters for a continuous series like Beyblade ...
(Jul. 24, 2015  7:38 PM)Kai-V Wrote: To be honest, it was a bad idea to assign letters for a continuous series like Beyblade ...

Yeah, they are going to run out at some point and if they use every letter there are gonna be some weird names just to stick with the open letters/parts. I wonder what they will do when all the letters have been used up, lol
So wait since theres tiers, how many formats are there, and what are they called? I'm sorry for all the questions, I never really knew there was competative aspect of Beyblade.
(Jul. 25, 2015  6:07 AM)Registeel Wrote: So wait since theres tiers, how many formats are there, and what are they called? I'm sorry for all the questions, I never really knew there was competative aspect of Beyblade.

http://worldbeyblade.org/wborules.pdf
(Jul. 25, 2015  6:10 AM)Zoroaste Wrote:
(Jul. 25, 2015  6:07 AM)Registeel Wrote: So wait since theres tiers, how many formats are there, and what are they called? I'm sorry for all the questions, I never really knew there was competative aspect of Beyblade.

http://worldbeyblade.org/wborules.pdf

The latest release is actually accessible at this link :
http://worldbeyblade.org/universalrules.pdf
(Jul. 23, 2015  6:02 AM)Zoroaste Wrote: Found a really cool use for draciel fortress. Lol

[Image: 2wbz3w5.jpg]

New Beyblade product adding to buy list~
(Jul. 26, 2015  11:50 PM)Meta madness Wrote: New Beyblade product adding to buy list~
I got that one for like $12 as part of a collection but they are around $20 on ebay for new old stock last time I checked. Not bad. I use it for electro battlers too so they don't fly out and break after 5 rips like they usually do
Haha this is such a funny question!

[Image: lAxMgfb.png]

It is asking how you obtain the legendary bey Umiterios

the third answer (bottom left) is: ask Santa Claus to bring it to you XDXD

oh takara...
I know what I'm writing to Santa for this year
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Anyone notice how the white burst stadium surface collects so much filth? Playing on carpet for about 10 minutes resulted in lots of stuff collecting under the stadium and on its main surface.
Yeah, same here man. Though I think that might be largely due to static from the packaging. Maybe it'll stop over time.
I am literally doing little else right now other than watching out my window for my burst package to arrive. Lol. So excited!!!!!
(Jul. 24, 2015  6:51 PM)Zoroaste Wrote: As Kai-V said, this is because they use a letter to identify each part. That is the reason that they have not doubled up on any of the letters yet, except in different types of parts. While it is a neat theory, I don't see some of those combos working too well

Consider Umaterios Aero Assault.
Yup, you're right. So they are already doubling up
I feel like this metagame is going to work a lot differently. Just from what I've managed to gather so far in testing on my own, it seems like balance is going to be a big issue this generation. The burst finish is neat, and I always look forward to it, but when one of my beys loses it is usually because it fell over and lost all of it's stamina while spinning on its side.

I could be wrong, maybe the next few releases will be more balanced, but I just can't see it happening. I'm predicting that Takara will release a new system before the anime again. Just because we saw the current versions of Valkyrie and Spriggan in a trailer doesn't mean anything, none of that footage is even from the finished product. If they don't give us a new system, I predict that all of the top-tier customs are going to be very rounded, heavier pieces.

Other than that, I'm having a lot of fun.
Wouldn't surprise me if we get a new system, just like with MFB.