Beyblade Random Thoughts

Yeah. The balance in general on the burst beys seems very lacking. Something I am sure will improve with time, I guess you don't want them to spin too long though, or you would get a burst finish every battle
Made an illegal mod to gb145. I took two apart and put all four metal balls into one of them. Not much of an upgrade but it's just kinda fun

(Jul. 29, 2015  3:35 PM)Zoroaste Wrote: I am literally doing little else right now other than watching out my window for my burst package to arrive. Lol. So excited!!!!!

I feel you. But mine don't ship until August 21-Sep 11
UGH so right now I'm going on beyblade marathons and watching every single episode and movie. And since I havnt watched all of zero g or the originals this should be fun.!
(Jul. 29, 2015  9:16 PM)Zoroaste Wrote: Yeah. The balance in general on the burst beys seems very lacking. Something I am sure will improve with time, I guess you don't want them to spin too long though, or you would get a burst finish every battle

I wouldn't count on it. Unnotching happens far more at high velocities, meaning spinning longer at the end would make only a tiny bit of difference.

As for GBB145, that's a 2 gram boost which in plastics and HMS was game changing. The equivalent, Draciel F's base, is now currently completely useless but has extra holes specifically to go up to 6 balls. When that was legal it was considered one of the absolute best defense bases.
In MFB, however, the GB145 track has almost that much difference in weight between molds anyway.
Yeah I am just starting metal masters. Kinda kiddish but I love it. Goooooo pegasus!!!!! Can't wait to see the other characters with their beys especially basalt and diablo and the bad guys
(Jul. 29, 2015  10:44 PM)Zoroaste Wrote: Yeah I am just starting metal masters. Kinda kiddish but I love it. Goooooo pegasus!!!!! Can't wait to see the other characters with their beys especially basalt and diablo and the bad guys

Yep. I just started yesterday and I'm on episode 3 of the original. I only watch when I wake up and before I go to sleep. During the day in either playing video games or beyblading.
(Jul. 29, 2015  9:00 PM)Leone19 Wrote: Wouldn't surprise me if we get a new system, just like with MFB.

We inevitably will. These initial releases and those in the foreseeable future are all explicitly in what is literally called the "Burst System". They wouldn't give it a name if there wasn't going to be more in the future.
The "Burst Less" System
Sweet. Burst actually has good stickers for this gen. Decals like the phws stickers
One thing I'm very curious to see (something that only time will tell) is if the Burst mechanism causes accelerated wear on parts. I always appreciated the overall durability of the MFB system. Breaks can happen, but more often than not my tips wearing down was usually the most common part degradation.

I'm really curious to see how the teeth hold up over time.
(Jul. 30, 2015  3:56 PM)Khel Wrote: One thing I'm very curious to see (something that only time will tell) is if the Burst mechanism causes accelerated wear on parts. I always appreciated the overall durability of the MFB system. Breaks can happen, but more often than not my tips wearing down was usually the most common part degradation.

I'm really curious to see how the teeth hold up over time.

So far, barely. It is flawed, unfortunately.
(Jul. 30, 2015  4:03 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jul. 30, 2015  3:56 PM)Khel Wrote: I'm really curious to see how the teeth hold up over time.

So far, barely. It is flawed, unfortunately.

More and more I'm feeling like we will be seeing another new system in just a matter of months.
By March 2016, it would be surprising for neutral reasons if we were not introduced to a new system.
Why March, specifically?
Anime.

Also, I dunno how worried I am about the teeth yet. We'll see.
If you're worried about the teeth right now, here's one protip: don't assemble your Beyblades unless you're using them haha
* Bey Brad screws and unscrews them compulsively
Got my gf to make a burst account today and she played burst with me and loved it. The next step is to get her to join here. That makes two in Maine. Still need what? 6 more for a tourney?
(Jul. 29, 2015  10:20 PM)Dracomageat Wrote:
(Jul. 29, 2015  9:16 PM)Zoroaste Wrote: Yeah. The balance in general on the burst beys seems very lacking. Something I am sure will improve with time, I guess you don't want them to spin too long though, or you would get a burst finish every battle

I wouldn't count on it. Unnotching happens far more at high velocities, meaning spinning longer at the end would make only a tiny bit of difference.

As for GBB145, that's a 2 gram boost which in plastics and HMS was game changing. The equivalent, Draciel F's base, is now currently completely useless but has extra holes specifically to go up to 6 balls. When that was legal it was considered one of the absolute best defense bases.
In MFB, however, the GB145 track has almost that much difference in weight between molds anyway.

Draciel F's base is rubbish and always has been. Being heavy isn't the only thing a defence type needs to be.
(Aug. 02, 2015  12:29 PM)Ultra Wrote: Draciel F's base is rubbish and always has been. Being heavy isn't the only thing a defence type needs to be.
No, it isn't. I was lead to believe it made enough difference to overcome its other flaws though and it's not as if the tip's bad since it takes a shafted spin gear.
I don't know what the heck this guy is saying but he sure looks cool with his Umaterios card.Andrew
Looks like it's just a 3000 BP card. Good for one play on the "rare bey get battle" game. I want 1, or 9. Lol. And someone who will get it shipped to them in japan and ship it to me
(Aug. 02, 2015  12:47 PM)Dracomageat Wrote:
(Aug. 02, 2015  12:29 PM)Ultra Wrote: Draciel F's base is rubbish and always has been. Being heavy isn't the only thing a defence type needs to be.
No, it isn't. I was lead to believe it made enough difference to overcome its other flaws though and it's not as if the tip's bad since it takes a shafted spin gear.

Lead to believe that by who exactly? Because th!nk showed in his article draft ages ago that it wasn't. That logic also makes no sense. Having a shaft isn't a magical thing that makes it better. The tip gimmick is still terrible. Having a round metal ball covered in oil doesn't help with defence at all.
(Aug. 03, 2015  8:35 AM)Ultra Wrote:
(Aug. 02, 2015  12:47 PM)Dracomageat Wrote:

Lead to believe that by who exactly? Because th!nk showed in his article draft ages ago that it wasn't. That logic also makes no sense. Having a shaft isn't a magical thing that makes it better. The tip gimmick is still terrible. Having a round metal ball covered in oil doesn't help with defence at all.

Wait...what..??
I've defended some stupid carp like Cybernetic Dragon or Upper Force Ring, but SG Fortress Base?
That's a bit absurd. It was my first Beyblade and it's still carp.
(Aug. 03, 2015  8:35 AM)Ultra Wrote: Lead to believe that by who exactly? Because th!nk showed in his article draft ages ago that it wasn't. That logic also makes no sense. Having a shaft isn't a magical thing that makes it better. The tip gimmick is still terrible. Having a round metal ball covered in oil doesn't help with defence at all.

Actually, the ability to take a shaft spin gear does magically make it better because it means you don't have to use the crappy tip the base comes with. Obviously near-frictionless metal where barely any is in contact at any given time is going to be atrocious for anything but stamina. That's a given.

As for the rest, I blame the wiki.