Beyblade Random Thoughts

Ironic things about my beyblade combo Burn Blaze R145 D:

-For some reason, It can defeat Libra TH170 D and withstnd hits from MF-H Pegasis 85 RF, yet get koed by pre hws Aquario

-For having outclassed parts, I find it an amazing combo due to the r145, which is unorthadox for a stamina type. What it does is causes a slight imbalance that when paired with d, frequently goes towards the center of the stadium.

-For some reason, Mid-height tracks which are almost useless (eg: anything between 120 and 145) Are for some reason more dangerous than more used heights for beyblades and for top-tier combos (85-105;160-230)

-For a combo, it has killer design emphasis (like how fusion hades looks like hades with a crown, or how phantom orion looks like an aggressive face when uncustomized), Name and color coordination, making it have the feel of a stock beyblade (another reason I used r145, the orange rubber can be seen through the gaps of the Burn wheel)
Sounds like it's pushed off balance by most hits and gains its defense that way but, when hit between the track and wheel, it remains upright and thus has the capabilities of a normal stamina type. CH120 is your enemy.

It's a cool combo and bears functional similarity to L-Drago Destroy 85 EWD.
So i recently posted a picture of my fish, Dragon, apparently he likes beyblade as you can see by his fast reaction to getting to the spinning beyblade haha, he is so cute <3

So not sure if this goes here or in WBO Organized Play Random Thoughts, but it could reasonably fit into either:

After filling out part the Winning Combos Spreadsheet for Standard I've noticed a bunch of trends which I thought were interesting.
  • L-Drago Destroy/L-Drago Guardian were a lot more prevalent in their time than I thought they were, before I had mostly written them off as inferior to Variares for Left Spin Attack and Meteo for Spin Equalization, with the one good combo being MF-H L-Drago Guardin BD145RDF. However it seems like these two were actually pretty popular especially among Indonesian and Michigan Bladers.
  • Despite it being common knowledge nowadays that Tall Track + WD was a bad combination, it was actually used a lot (arguably more so than Tall Track + D/SD). 230/E230WD/EWD was a common placer in Indonesia and the Philippines, while TH170 was prevalent more globally.
  • This may have been another misconception in the past, but for about a half-year/year long period people used MF-M a lot, despite it not being as effective as MF-H for Defense/Attack or MF-L/MF-F for Stamina. The main culprits were Toronto and Indonesia, but it showed up quite a bit in New York too.
  • The Indian metagame is so random, like at some tournaments you have Blitz, Flash, Flash, and Duo in the winning combos and at the next one Earth 105WD will win. It's really unusual considering that India seems to use Attack so much (they're also really good about posting their winning combos too).
  • North Carolina has always had a thing for Stamina. For a while MF-H Phantom Orion B:D placed at every tournament, and there was even one where literally all the winning combos were Phantom Orion B:D. It's still more or less like this, with Duo and Dragooon going head to head and normally the most aggressive thing you see is GCF or RDF.
  • Indonesia really likes Metal Tips. Maybe it's because it's where Duo 230MB originated but the majority of their Tips are either MB or MF. Diablo BD145MF was also really popular there for some reason.
  • What is known as "Defense" has gotten a lot more strict than it was, or maybe people are just better with Attack nowadays. I remember one post where someone said Phantom BD145/230MB/EDS was a Defense combo. Ironically enough, the same user who posted that would laugh at anyone who posted a similar statement today.
  • I wasn't around for Michigan's prime, but they used some wacky stuff too. BD145ES (not EDS) placed on at least 3 occasions. They also use basically whatever Clear Wheel they want, you see stuff like Flash Capricorne, Death Wolf, Phantom Eagle, Basalt Libra, etc.
(Jul. 09, 2015  4:51 PM)Wombat Wrote: So not sure if this goes here or in WBO Organized Play Random Thoughts, but it could reasonably fit into either:

After filling out part the Winning Combos Spreadsheet for Standard I've noticed a bunch of trends which I thought were interesting.
  • L-Drago Destroy/L-Drago Guardian were a lot more prevalent in their time than I thought they were, before I had mostly written them off as inferior to Variares for Left Spin Attack and Meteo for Spin Equalization, with the one good combo being MF-H L-Drago Guardin BD145RDF. However it seems like these two were actually pretty popular especially among Indonesian and Michigan Bladers.
  • I wasn't around for Michigan's prime, but they used some wacky stuff too. BD145ES (not EDS) placed on at least 3 occasions. They also use basically whatever Clear Wheel they want, you see stuff like Flash Capricorne, Death Wolf, Phantom Eagle, Basalt Libra, etc.

I attended Michigan tournaments during those time periods, and I have to say, there were a LOT of weird, original combos going around there. I'm fairly sure LDD/LDG BD145RDF originated in Michigan as Yukoray14's combo (I might be wrong there), and a lot of very strange combos and completely off-the-wall CW choices wound up winning much of the time. I remember Coach dominating most of a tournament with Phantom Capricorn BD145CS, and, in that same tournament, a Stamina-type Death combo managing to almost make it to finals. I even got knocked out of a double elimination bracket by Hell once. As much as I can remember, most of the combos were either Defense/Stamina hybrids or straight-up Attack.
Legit one of the coolest and most interesting posts I've ever read on the WBO. Thank you.
But what about limited?
(Jul. 09, 2015  9:03 PM)Sion Wrote: But what about limited?

If someone wrote a really interesting post about calculus, would you reply with "what about algebra?"

If he had stuff to say about Limited I'm sure he would have.
(Jul. 09, 2015  7:54 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Legit one of the coolest and most interesting posts I've ever read on the WBO. Thank you.

Wow, thanks Brad! That really means a lot coming from you.

(Jul. 09, 2015  9:03 PM)Sion Wrote: But what about limited?

Ask Mitsu about that, I think. Pretty sure he did the Limited Winning Combos.
I did not see this coming.

(Jul. 10, 2015  5:58 AM)Blader_Kev Wrote: I did not see this coming.

The bladebreakers new bit-beasts look rather dumb.
There's a part of me that really wants that.
a masterpiece
Oh look, first we had Dark Series, now we have the "Angry Turds" series...
Anybody noticed the right spinning Dragoon ? Beautiful.
Isn't that Frostic Dranzer?
(Jul. 10, 2015  3:06 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Isn't that Frostic Dranzer?

Or a Bistool.

I see a Draciel, random green one (forgot the name for it), Bistool and Salamalyon..

Still better than Beywheels or Beyraiderz.
(Jul. 10, 2015  7:54 PM)LMAO Wrote:

Still better than Beywheels or Beyraiderz.
Lol so true.

Meh. lol Draciel Bird Ver.
Smile idk how to use beylogger so i dont have average rpm and jazz like that haha

(Jul. 11, 2015  2:54 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: Smile idk how to use beylogger so i dont have average rpm and jazz like that haha

How do you have 8000? What products did you register and how many points did each one grant?
(Jul. 11, 2015  2:57 AM)Wizard Wrote:
(Jul. 11, 2015  2:54 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: Smile idk how to use beylogger so i dont have average rpm and jazz like that haha

How do you have 8000? What products did you register and how many points did each one grant?
B-00, B-01, B-02, B-03, B-04
(1500, 2200, 2200, 1200, 1200)
Bey quiz +50
and three random achievements +30
(Jul. 11, 2015  3:23 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: B-00, B-01, B-02, B-03, B-04
(1500, 2200, 2200, 1200, 1200)
Bey quiz +50
and three random achievements +30

Oh sweet, I wonder if B-09 will have a code as well, or maybe but B-00 since it's "Special." We'll just have to wait and see Smile What were the three random achievements?
(Jul. 11, 2015  3:24 AM)Wizard Wrote: Oh sweet, I wonder if B-09 will have a code as well, or maybe but B-00 since it's "Special." We'll just have to wait and see Smile What were the three random achievements?

No idea what they mean but here

One of them is for logging in of course, and the two others just say "Bey" hah. Since there is a total of four and the badge has a garage door, I think those badges refer to your adding four BeyCodes to your account. So, it gives you points for the act of inputting BeyCodes and the BeyCodes' points themselves ... ?