Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Jun. 28, 2015  9:52 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jun. 28, 2015  8:51 PM)Annoying-Fork Wrote: I kinda wish they revised the base naming for each of the Burst System's components, "Layer" should just be called "Crystal" (given its similarities to Zero-G plastic components) and the "Drive" be called "Base" because reasons.

Considering that we still do not know how much each part weighs yet, it would not be fair to compare the biggest attacking piece and also the biggest part of a Beyblade from Beyblade Burst to the Crystal Wheel of Zero-G ...

Possibly, the disk will be quite dense, and would result in bursters clocking in at the average weight of the spiral/screw wheel.
So I use youtube a lot for beyblade, and I have to say, all this hype for beyblade burst sure is changing things. Like the community is coming back there. It just makes me all the more excited to experience this new era.
(Jul. 04, 2015  2:25 AM)Blader_Kev Wrote: So I use youtube a lot for beyblade, and I have to say, all this hype for beyblade burst sure is changing things. Like the community is coming back there. It just makes all the more excited to experience this new era.

I've noticed as well. We've only got two more weeks until Burst! Grin

Counting down to Burst is strangely convenient for me. I'm going to an Obon festival on July 18, the same day Burst comes out, so I'm able to count down for both at the same time Tongue_out
I found some treasure as I was cleaning out my closet today.

Wow, that's so cool, I wish I found this amazing stadium!

It's gold!
Isn't it just a 'golden' Triple Battle Type BeyStadium from SonoKong hah ?

Also why does searching "triple battle type beystadium" on Google bring up pictures of the BeyStadium Tower and me in the background ...
Just a golden Triple Battle Type Beystadium?... JUST A GOLDEN TRIP-?!

Kai-V, you don't get it, ITS GOLD! It bewitches all of us... errr I mean beywitches us heheheh...
But I mean, he must have ordered it at one point in time for it to have landed in his closet hahah.
Beyblade is fun and all, but does it involve strategy? Besides combos and Launch Locations is there anything else? Am I missing something? I've sold all my old Beys, but Burst looks promising. I hope there will be more Strategic Options in the upcoming series.Cute
(Jul. 06, 2015  1:51 AM)Kai-V Wrote: But I mean, he must have ordered it at one point in time for it to have landed in his closet hahah.

Haha don't worry I'm just kidding, unless this wasn't a response to me.
(Jul. 06, 2015  1:53 AM)Registeel Wrote: Beyblade is fun and all, but does it involve strategy? Besides combos and Launch Locations is there anything else? Am I missing something? I've sold all my old Beys, but Burst looks promising. I hope there will be more Strategic Options in the upcoming series.Cute

You've asked if there's strategy aside from "combos and launching," which are the two major strategic aspects of Beyblade. The others involve trying to predict your opponent's combo selections, or deceive them into thinking you're going to use a Beyblade you're not.
(Jul. 06, 2015  2:00 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Jul. 06, 2015  1:53 AM)Registeel Wrote: Beyblade is fun and all, but does it involve strategy? Besides combos and Launch Locations is there anything else? Am I missing something? I've sold all my old Beys, but Burst looks promising. I hope there will be more Strategic Options in the upcoming series.Cute

You've asked if there's strategy aside from "combos and launching," which are the two major strategic aspects of Beyblade. The others involve trying to predict your opponent's combo selections, or deceive them into thinking you're going to use a Beyblade you're not.

So it's a game of Counterpicks and Matchups? Cool. Seems like it needs knowledge to get good at. Just like Smash Bros.
(Jul. 06, 2015  1:51 AM)Kai-V Wrote: But I mean, he must have ordered it at one point in time for it to have landed in his closet hahah.
Haha, correct. I just misplaced it at one point and managed to find it again.
(Jul. 06, 2015  1:45 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Just a golden Triple Battle Type Beystadium?... JUST A GOLDEN TRIP-?!

Kai-V, you don't get it, ITS GOLD! It bewitches all of us... errr I mean beywitches us heheheh...

If it's square it might be the Hades Gate Beystadium.
Errr okay? That could mean any other stadium that's gold...
(Jul. 06, 2015  1:44 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Also why does searching "triple battle type beystadium" on Google bring up pictures of the BeyStadium Tower and me in the background ...

I don't see any pictures of people from the WBO, except a picture of Brad's crazy deadly grip.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b205/d...hoto25.jpg
How can you launch with this seriously ? This thing is even more dangerous than the infamous waterfall technique.
(Jul. 06, 2015  3:00 AM)MissingNo. Wrote:
(Jul. 06, 2015  1:44 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Also why does searching "triple battle type beystadium" on Google bring up pictures of the BeyStadium Tower and me in the background ...

I don't see any pictures of people from the WBO, except a picture of Brad's crazy deadly grip.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b205/d...hoto25.jpg
How can you launch with this seriously ? This thing is even more dangerous than the infamous waterfall technique.

Missingno. eh? You may be a glitch, an urban legend, and a nostalgia trip, but I'm a Legendary Pokemon! Gen 3 is where its at.

My thoughts: Zero-G + Metal Saga = Burst
I got bored tonight and tried wrapping up a few of my beys like beigoma and launching them with a string (Er, shoelace in my case). It worked surprisingly better than I thought. I'm probably not very good at launching like this, but at least we know it's possible Tongue_out

Edit: Nevermind, I can only do it with Leone. I was thinking it might be because the wheel is more rounded, but I tried it with Libra and it didn't work. This is... odd.
(Jun. 27, 2015  1:56 AM)Angry Face Wrote: snipped

That would get incredibily messy, although this is not a bad idea.

Some combinations doesn't really have a large difference in/no major-minor strageties, how would you name those?
(Jul. 06, 2015  8:45 AM)TenshouTsubasa Wrote:
(Jun. 27, 2015  1:56 AM)Angry Face Wrote: snipped

That would get incredibily messy, although this is not a bad idea.

Some combinations doesn't really have a large difference in/no major-minor strageties, how would you name those?

Like what? Every combo, regardless of its competitive viability, will attempt to fulfill at least one of the basic goals of an Attack, a Stamina, or a Defense type.
I missed it before, but I think it's a great classification system.
I sure wish that Beyblade was more popular here in the Southeast USA. Any bladers near there? I checked the Map, pretty scarce.
(Jul. 06, 2015  9:47 PM)Registeel Wrote: I sure wish that Beyblade was more popular here in the Southeast USA. Any bladers near there? I checked the Map, pretty scarce.

Where in the southeast? There's a pretty active community in Raleigh, NC, and a few people in Georgia and Florida. There's also few people in Louisiana/Alabama/Mississippi (I forget exactly which one, but they've had a few tournaments)