Beyblade Random Thoughts

Yeah, I know. I was just sayin'.
Didn't say it looked good doe, just said what other parts to use~

Personally, I think it looks rather good and all, sharp quality and we can see the writing on the wheel greatly.
I use blaze because of the fact it allows the holes on the burn wheel to unveil itself.

besides, I love the overall motif. Burn Cygnus sounds like you want to burn an innocent swan .-.
Got around to making one of those Arc videos that BeyUK does and I decided to go with the MF saga (My personal favorite saga of the second gen beyblades) the battle bladers saga so, with about nearly 4 hours(I removed the credits and intros and cut out the going to commercial bits, which is why it's that long, hate those in a long Season video, isn't hard to remove them, though in terms of editing it can be a pain in the behind), so I'll be getting around to uploadinng it tonight for those who just want to so a whole saga without having to wait for a 22 minute video to end so you can click on the next one or autoplay to start up.

(Jun. 26, 2015  11:36 PM)Sion Wrote: I use blaze because of the fact it allows the holes on the burn wheel to unveil itself.

besides, I love the overall motif. Burn Cygnus sounds like you want to burn an innocent swan .-.

Mmm, attractive.
(Jun. 26, 2015  11:54 PM)Meta madness Wrote: Got around to making one of those Arc videos that BeyUK does and I decided to go with the MF saga (My personal favorite saga of the second gen beyblades) the battle bladers saga so, with about nearly 4 hours(I removed the credits and intros and cut out the going to commercial bits, which is why it's that long, hate those in a long Season video, isn't hard to remove them, though in terms of editing it can be a pain in the behind), so I'll be getting around to uploadinng it tonight for those who just want to so a whole saga without having to wait for a 22 minute video to end so you can click on the next one or autoplay to start up.

(Jun. 26, 2015  11:36 PM)Sion Wrote: I use blaze because of the fact it allows the holes on the burn wheel to unveil itself.

Mmm, attractive.

Any side orders to go with your beyblade-style burnt swan? Joyful_2 Possibly some beat dragonis eggs? Now let's hope this beyblade meal doesn't screw uranus Pinching_eyes_2
(Jun. 27, 2015  12:11 AM)Sion Wrote:
(Jun. 26, 2015  11:54 PM)Meta madness Wrote: Got around to making one of those Arc videos that BeyUK does and I decided to go with the MF saga (My personal favorite saga of the second gen beyblades) the battle bladers saga so, with about nearly 4 hours(I removed the credits and intros and cut out the going to commercial bits, which is why it's that long, hate those in a long Season video, isn't hard to remove them, though in terms of editing it can be a pain in the behind), so I'll be getting around to uploadinng it tonight for those who just want to so a whole saga without having to wait for a 22 minute video to end so you can click on the next one or autoplay to start up.

Mmm, attractive.

Any side orders to go with your beyblade-style burnt swan? Joyful_2 Possibly some beat dragonis eggs? Now let's hope this beyblade meal doesn't screw uranus Pinching_eyes_2

Don't worry I got a strong...

Not finish that sentence.
(Jun. 26, 2015  9:35 PM)MissingNo. Wrote: Well, you should use Scythe, or Cancer, or even Cygnus, instead of Blaze.

Burn's best use, IMO, is with Horogium and B type tips to allow it to spin off axis instead of wobbling if knocked off balance.
(Jun. 27, 2015  12:32 AM)Dracomageat Wrote:
(Jun. 26, 2015  9:35 PM)MissingNo. Wrote: Well, you should use Scythe, or Cancer, or even Cygnus, instead of Blaze.

Burn's best use, IMO, is with Horogium and B type tips to allow it to spin off axis instead of wobbling if knocked off balance.

I'm quite fine with using PD. Besides, PD has better stamina than wd, and is also excellent at defense since the edge isn't a full circle like the other defense tips.

Also, Horogium is the second worst balanced clear wheel because of the hole at three, next to gil.
New signature inspired by Sion.

Gotta keep up with the times man~
(Jun. 27, 2015  12:42 AM)Meta madness Wrote: New signature inspired by Sion.

Errrrrr... can't see the image.
(Jun. 27, 2015  12:44 AM)Sion Wrote:
(Jun. 27, 2015  12:42 AM)Meta madness Wrote: New signature inspired by Sion.

Errrrrr... can't see the image.

Replaced link with a new one from my twitter. Instead of my blog link.

Resized image because via PM, new link is directed to my DeviantART, gotta get around to finishing that Shining Force Fan comic at some point.
I decided to go on a photo mission with blaze, taking images, sometimes with funny sayings.
Random thought:

Recently, when I've been explaining Beyblade types in Standard and Limited MFB to new players, I've been describing them based on their intended methods of winning in this way:
  • Attack - Objective is to win by knocking out opponent
    • Ex. MF/-H Lightning L-Drago CH120RF, MF-H Flash Escolpio AD145RF
  • Stamina - Objective is to win by out-spinning opponent
    • Ex. Duo Cygnus B:D, Phantom Cancer 230TB, Revizer Dragooon B:D
  • Defense - Objective is not to be knocked out
    • Ex. MSF-H Revizer Genbull BD145RB, MF-H Scythe Uranus 85RS
  • Balance - Any combo that shares at least two of these objectives **
I've found looking at types in this way to be an extremely simple and accurate way of explaining the types of Beyblade, as well as classifying nearly any combo.

For example, Burn Cancer 85MF would be classified as a Stamina-Attack hybrid [Balance type] under this logic because its strategy is to go for a KO if unable to OS. And since winning by KO is more of a backup strategy, the combo leans more towards the Stamina type, resulting in "Stamina" coming before "Attack" in its classification.

** Classification of Balance types may look complicated, but I really don't think it is once you look at a combo's performance and goals. From there, it should fit into one of these categories.
  • Attack-Stamina hybrid: Primary objective is to KO; Secondary objective is to OS
    • Ex. Phantom Cancer AD145RF, MF-H Flash Orion W145MF
  • Stamina-Attack hybrid: Primary objective is to OS; Secondary objective is to KO
    • Ex. Burn Cygnus 85MF, Phantom Cygnus 85MF, MF Meteo L-Drago II CH120XF

• Stamina-Defense hybrid: Primary objective is to OS; Secondary objective is to resist KO
    • Ex. (MF/-H) Duo Cygnus TH170CS, (MF/-H) Libra TH170CS, Duo Cygnus 230MB, MSF/-H Killerken Dragooon BD145RDF
  • Defense-Stamina hybrid: Primary objective is to resist KO; Secondary objective is to OS
    • Ex. (MSF/-H) Genbull Genbull E230CS
  • Defense-Attack hybrid: Primary objective is to resist KO; Secondary objective is to KO
    • Ex. MF-H Basalt Kerbecs TR145RF
  • Attack-Defense hybrid: Primary objective is to KO; Secondary objective is to resist KO
    • Ex. MF-H Diablo Kerbecs BD145RF
  • Pure Balance type: Achieves each objective nearly equally/Each strategy is equally viable
    • Ex. MF/-H Hell Kerbecs BD145 [Boost Mode] CS, MSF/-H Wyvang Wyvang BD145RDF, MF-H Basalt Horogium TH170WF

Thoughts, anybody?
I've always thought that Dragoon ____ BD145RDF was either a pure balance or Attack Stamina. Pure balance since it has the ability to knock out, out spin quite a lot of combos and is quite hard to knock out (although this maybe due to level of attack ability usage in the UK). I've never really used Wyvang much but i'm skeptical it can really outspin anything with decent stamina.

(Jun. 21, 2015  3:23 PM)ashton pinto Wrote: Honestly not sure where this goes. (?) Please delete this post if its in the wrong section
I enjoyed this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVwT0wWbiik

That looks so cringeworthy (couldn't bear to watch more than a few seconds). I remember someone posting that on the site in the very early days and member saying he would have to be very drunk to get through it haha.

Edit: OMG they're dancing to a backstreet boys song. Wow.
(Jun. 27, 2015  3:40 PM)Ultra Wrote: I've always thought that Dragoon ____ BD145RDF was either a pure balance or Attack Stamina. Pure balance since it has the ability to knock out, out spin quite a lot of combos and is quite hard to knock out (although this maybe due to level of attack ability usage in the UK).

Dragooon on the bottom? Does anybody even do that? lol

Even if Dragooon were the top Chrome Wheel, the bottom Chrome Wheel would be crucial. Wyvang on the bottom would turn it into a left spin version of Wyvang Wyvang BD145RDF, which, like Wyvang Wyvang, I'd classify as a Pure Balance type. However, if you were to use something like Genbull, which would remove most of its offensive ability, then I'd say it would deserve a more Defense and Stamina oriented classification.

Honestly, I can't remember the last time I saw a non-offensive BD145RDF Synchrome like Genbull/Revizer/Killerken Dragooon KO anything, especially on B:D. Have you seen that happen frequently enough at tournaments for it to be a reliable strategy? Is attempting to knock out any Stamina combo Burn Bull W145WD can't outspin in Limited an equally viable strategy?

(Jun. 27, 2015  3:40 PM)Ultra Wrote: I've never really used Wyvang much but i'm skeptical it can really outspin anything with decent stamina.

In the same spin direction, I'd expect Wyvang users to go for the KO. While the same strategy could be employed in opposite spin match-ups, they'd still have the precession of BD145RDF to fall back on. And unless their opponents are using F230CF/GCF, BD145RDF setups can be tough to OS, even for B:D. Gotta remember that Stamina's a two way street; there's no right and wrong, just right and left. Tongue_out_wink
@ above

Better job than what I tried to do XD

Random beyblade thought: What if hasbro released a create your own bey pack, with a variety of metal wheels, tracks, and tips to chose from?
(Jun. 27, 2015  12:38 AM)Sion Wrote: Also, Horogium is the second worst balanced clear wheel because of the hole at three, next to gil.

I am well aware of the poor balance of the clear wheel and use it specifically for that fact. Since it will go off axis over the course of the match and burn has very sloped edges, I find the two in conjuction to be rather good at sliding over or under oposing metal wheels and avoiding direct hits.
It is by no means a top tier combo but Burn Horogium 130 B (or MB) is a decent stamina type with abnormal resistance to attack and basalt based oponents.
(Jun. 27, 2015  10:20 PM)Dracomageat Wrote:
(Jun. 27, 2015  12:38 AM)Sion Wrote: Also, Horogium is the second worst balanced clear wheel because of the hole at three, next to gil.

I am well aware of the poor balance of the clear wheel and use it specifically for that fact. Since it will go off axis over the course of the match and burn has very sloped edges, I find the two in conjuction to be rather good at sliding over or under oposing metal wheels and avoiding direct hits.
It is by no means a top tier combo but Burn Horogium 130 B (or MB) is a decent stamina type with abnormal resistance to attack and basalt based oponents.

I'm not sure you have the greatest concept of 'children's toy'. A clear wheel will never have the capability of having that significant effect on a Beyblade. The only purpose of a clear wheel is asthetics and to add a small amount of weight. That's about it. If you want poor balance just use something with odd weights at opposite sides of the Beyblade like Lacerta.
So what you're saying is that the "don't use Horogium, it's imbalanced" advice is a load of rubbish and the only aspect of its design that will actually matter is the smooth surface ontop, making it the best possible answer to high track attack types?

It may sound a bit more dramatic than really it is in my above post, the bey's not that different to Burn Aquario 130 B, but the difference is enough to be noticeable. Saying that the weight distribution of the plastic is irrelevant is like saying all 145 height tracks are the same, an easy mistake for a newbie to make but ever so misguided.
(Jun. 27, 2015  4:53 PM)Angry Face Wrote:
(Jun. 27, 2015  3:40 PM)Ultra Wrote: I've always thought that Dragoon ____ BD145RDF was either a pure balance or Attack Stamina. Pure balance since it has the ability to knock out, out spin quite a lot of combos and is quite hard to knock out (although this maybe due to level of attack ability usage in the UK).

Dragooon on the bottom? Does anybody even do that? lol

Even if Dragooon were the top Chrome Wheel, the bottom Chrome Wheel would be crucial. Wyvang on the bottom would turn it into a left spin version of Wyvang Wyvang BD145RDF, which, like Wyvang Wyvang, I'd classify as a Pure Balance type. However, if you were to use something like Genbull, which would remove most of its offensive ability, then I'd say it would deserve a more Defense and Stamina oriented classification.

Honestly, I can't remember the last time I saw a non-offensive BD145RDF Synchrome like Genbull/Revizer/Killerken Dragooon KO anything, especially on B:D. Have you seen that happen frequently enough at tournaments for it to be a reliable strategy? Is attempting to knock out any Stamina combo Burn Bull W145WD can't outspin in Limited an equally viable strategy?

Whoops I meant the other way round. Tbh yeah I think people mostly use it with wyvang. But yeah with wyvang i'd say it's pure balance.

(Jun. 27, 2015  3:40 PM)Ultra Wrote: I've never really used Wyvang much but i'm skeptical it can really outspin anything with decent stamina.

In the same spin direction, I'd expect Wyvang users to go for the KO. While the same strategy could be employed in opposite spin match-ups, they'd still have the precession of BD145RDF to fall back on. And unless their opponents are using F230CF/GCF, BD145RDF setups can be tough to OS, even for B:D. Gotta remember that Stamina's a two way street; there's no right and wrong, just right and left. Tongue_out_wink

Tbh I've never felt right spin BD145RDF had very good stamina but that's just a vague memory and it might not be true.
(Jun. 28, 2015  1:07 AM)Dracomageat Wrote: So what you're saying is that the "don't use Horogium, it's imbalanced" advice is a load of rubbish and the only aspect of its design that will actually matter is the smooth surface ontop, making it the best possible answer to high track attack types?

It may sound a bit more dramatic than really it is in my above post, the bey's not that different to Burn Aquario 130 B, but the difference is enough to be noticeable. Saying that the weight distribution of the plastic is irrelevant is like saying all 145 height tracks are the same, an easy mistake for a newbie to make but ever so misguided.

The point is, the plastic wheel doesn't really do very noticable differences - of course if you are really picky about this, yeah they do make neglible to minor differences such as some spinning time.
In Horogium's case, being already pretty small and less spiky than the majority of the wheels, those imbalances are like talking about the shape imbalancement of a microbe which is pretty meaningless on its own. The reason of it being less superior than Aquario is only because Aquario has a better weight distribution to the outwards, but that is only in cases of solo-spins. In practice this neglible shape and weight difference doesn't make large differences, if there is any.
145 tracks are not the same? Of course if you are talking about SW145 BD145 blah blah blah they are absolutely different, but if you are talking about something like the DF145 with the regular 145 then this is just like the case of Aquario and Hologium, yes they MAY do some difference to a degree, but in practice it is just neglible.
Ultra: RDF has really bad Stamina; as far as I know, it's only a viable Stamina tip in opposite-spin matchups.

@Tenshou: Although the amount of mass the CW and Track give a bey is very small compared to the mass of the MW or Synchrome, tiny changes to weight distribution can make large improvements to solo spin time. Solo time is less important for Defense and Attack types, and a 0.3g difference between CWs doesn't seem meaningful on a 55g Beyblade, but every little bit counts.
I kinda wish they revised the base naming for each of the Burst System's components, "Layer" should just be called "Crystal" (given its similarities to Zero-G plastic components) and the "Drive" be called "Base" because reasons.
(Jun. 28, 2015  8:51 PM)Annoying-Fork Wrote: I kinda wish they revised the base naming for each of the Burst System's components, "Layer" should just be called "Crystal" (given its similarities to Zero-G plastic components) and the "Drive" be called "Base" because reasons.

Considering that we still do not know how much each part weighs yet, it would not be fair to compare the biggest attacking piece and also the biggest part of a Beyblade from Beyblade Burst to the Crystal Wheel of Zero-G ...