Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Aug. 17, 2014  11:48 PM)DRANZER KING Wrote: Yeah, same for me.

Honestly, no launchers are too finicky, but it's just some are better than others.
What do u mean finicky?

I kinda blame my stupid LL2s for not doing too well in my last tournament, I should brought a. Extra hasbro launcher just incase...
(Aug. 18, 2014  12:04 AM)DRANZER KING Wrote: What do u mean finicky?

I kinda blame my stupid LL2s for not doing too well in my last tournament, I should brought a. Extra hasbro launcher just incase...

Finicky as in hard or awkward to use.

Never use a Hasbro launcher over the LL2.

I still stand by my belief that a prime LL2 is better than a string launcher.
Sure the string launcher has more rotations, but the Light Launcher can be pulled faster to give it more power overall, at least from my experience.
Only problem is that the gears get effed up too easily.
Eh, I had a really bad day with the LL2s that day.

When you pull hard, the gears skip. That doesn't happen with beylaunchers, Unless they're extremely worn, and they will probably only do that with heavy blades.
It depends on the launcher's condition- I have a few worn LL2's that skip super easily and launch less powerfully than a new Hasbro ripcord launcher.

(Aug. 18, 2014  12:58 AM)The Supreme One Wrote:

Never use a Hasbro launcher over the LL2.

I still stand by my belief that a prime LL2 is better than a string launcher.
Sure the string launcher has more rotations, but the Light Launcher can be pulled faster to give it more power overall, at least from my experience.
Only problem is that the gears get effed up too easily.

I partly agree with that, especially when it comes to Sway/Zero-G Attack. Whenever I use a (new/good) LL2, I can usually get a more powerful launch/more movement than with my String Launcher.
(Aug. 18, 2014  1:01 AM)DRANZER KING Wrote: Eh, I had a really bad day with the LL2s that day.

When you pull hard, the gears skip. That doesn't happen with String launchers.
Again, it depends on the LL2. I have at least 20 of them & only about 5-10 work perfectly. Always test em right before actually using one in a tournament. And yeah, if you launch hard often the gears will eventually start skipping, but on the other hand, if you use string launchers often, they start fraying (which shortens the string length) & getting kinks.

With my old L/R string launcher, I would pull the string back and the friction created a deep cut in the plastic pretty quickly. It was actually kind of cool haha

Edit: I don't do that anymore, of course...just when I was messing around before I started playing competitively.
Most if the time, I pull the string straight out to prevent that.
(Made a purchase. Is there a bey sales review thread?)

Seller: Okinawam1978
Item: Driger S, Takara, Mint in box.
Cost: $70 USD

+ Very fast delivery, considering it was from japan. Ordered Thursday, received following Monday.
+ Received well packaged, with additional beyblade CCG cards as a bonus item!

[Image: IMG_3042_1.jpg]
(Aug. 18, 2014  11:24 AM)Pikachao Wrote: (Made a purchase. Is there a bey sales review thread?)

Seller: Okinawam1978
Item: Driger S, Takara, Mint in box.
Cost: $70 USD

+ Very fast delivery, considering it was from japan. Ordered Thursday, received following Monday.
+ Received well packaged, with additional beyblade CCG cards as a bonus item!

[Image: IMG_3042_1.jpg]

Always nice to get a Tiger Defenser.
Just a quick thought:

Ever since I joined the WBO and participated in/hosted tournaments, I've always been grateful for parents bringing their child to WBO tournaments. This is why hosts need to make tournaments as fun and engaging as possible for everyone, in particular for the younger players. This touches me and if you are lucky enough to have parents that support your hobby and even bring you to tournaments, please thank them.

/end of emotional post haha
Had to share this. Most of you guys probably won't get it, but I died laughing.
http://baes-with-beys.tumblr.com/post/94...des-of-bey
I don't get it Tongue_out I do find it kind of funny, though there's probably a reference to something that I'm missing.
(Aug. 19, 2014  4:13 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: Had to share this. Most of you guys probably won't get it, but I died laughing.

that was beautiful
I love you tumblr
#netbattleskills.tumblr.com
That's carping hilarious. I so wish I'd thought of that... xD

That frame with the Beyblade stuff reminded me of Hasbro's #SWAG picture.

Tumblr's the best, ha ha.
That's really funny, The Supreme One!

I saw this on Twitter the other day it gave me a laugh:

(Aug. 19, 2014  4:13 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: Had to share this. Most of you guys probably won't get it, but I died laughing.

OMG LOL HAHA ROFL! That's awesome XD

Dear god that's pure gold hahahaha
(Aug. 19, 2014  6:11 AM)LMAO Wrote: That's really funny, The Supreme One!

I saw this on Twitter the other day it gave me a laugh:

Driggggggger spam.
Damn. That golden Gatling.
When people say Beyblade is a sport, it's actually not fully false, it actually allows partial arm exercise but it's just mostly you watching a spinning top, if billiards is a sport though then beyblade is definitely more like it.

Though it's probably more fun to call it a sport.
At least I'm glad I'm not the only one who was thinking of the Baeblade pun. I haven't seen any other Dogis so far though.

Apparently League of Legends is considered a sport now, so if a MMORPG computer game can be one Beyblade can definitely be considered one.
(Aug. 20, 2014  3:22 AM)Wombat Wrote: At least I'm glad I'm not the only one who was thinking of the Baeblade pun. I haven't seen any other Dogis so far though.

Apparently League of Legends is considered a sport now, so if a MMORPG computer game can be one Beyblade can definitely be considered one.

Either that it can be considered a sport or they should've changed league of legends, nah to heck with that if I say I did a sport to anyone at least I would know it's somewhat true.
(Aug. 20, 2014  3:22 AM)Wombat Wrote: At least I'm glad I'm not the only one who was thinking of the Baeblade pun. I haven't seen any other Dogis so far though.

There's a huge difference between LoL and Beyblade though and that is the number of players. I'm pretty sure they have a way bigger fanbase/players than Beyblade does. Plus most people would probably rather play a computer game than spin tops, especially since spinning tops is "childish" to most people.

It would be cool if Beyblade were something major like a sport though, I would be more proud of my current BeyRank then.
What's this whole "bae" brouhaha going around? Does it stand for something or is it some sort of "slang"?

Back on topic, I do believe beyblade is a sport. A sport is defined as an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

Physical exertion? A bit. Skill? Yes. Individual or team competing against others for entertainment? Yes, yes, and yes.