Beyblade Random Thoughts

If it is then they're ripping off company logos and in VERY big trouble.
No, it is official, but what I meant is that the mistranslated name makes it look fake ... I really hope nobody will start calling Samurai Ifraid "Warriors Ifraid" now ...
I thought that was what you meant but better safe than sorry.
My beyblade random thought: so in the show there are tournaments,and public battles in a huge colliseum. There are tiny beys and a whole bunch of people. By the third row you can't see yet everyone cheers. ?????
(Sep. 10, 2012  6:53 PM)Kai-V Wrote: No, it is official, but what I meant is that the mistranslated name makes it look fake ... I really hope nobody will start calling Samurai Ifraid "Warriors Ifraid" now ...

'Warriors' Ifraid...Kinda how Pirates Orojya is named.
(Sep. 10, 2012  6:53 PM)Kai-V Wrote: No, it is official, but what I meant is that the mistranslated name makes it look fake ... I really hope nobody will start calling Samurai Ifraid "Warriors Ifraid" now ...

I imagine it was changed for cultural reasons. Not sure but I vaguely recall Samurai not being too popular in Korea. Something about a lot of invasions. A whole lot of invasions. Just a guess though, googling the concept didn't bring up anything much so maybe I'm remembering it wrong.
(Sep. 11, 2012  5:18 AM)th!nk Wrote:

I imagine it was changed for cultural reasons. Not sure but I vaguely recall Samurai not being too popular in Korea. Something about a lot of invasions. A whole lot of invasions. Just a guess though, googling the concept didn't bring up anything much so maybe I'm remembering it wrong.

or maybe it's just the fact that culturally, korea still has not forgotten the atrocities committed by the japanese in WWII? it follows that anything with a japanese implication/connotation, such as samurai, would be frowned upon maybe not by children, but by parents who would buy the blades for their kids.
I guess Hasbro isn't the only company that's crazy about being 'kid friendly'.
(Sep. 11, 2012  6:13 AM)Chaos Blader Wrote: I guess Hasbro isn't the only company that's crazy about being 'kid friendly'.

... That is possibly the single most ignorant sincerely-intended post I have seen on this site. Wow. Cultural sensitivity and not offending soccer mums are two very, very different things, and to compare the two is just downright offensive, even if it is the result of ignorance...

slyx: I didn't really want to bring it up directly on a spinning top forum, but yeah, I considered that when making my post. Though, I think it would be more directly related to the samurai thing (the fact that samurai is Japanese and relates to war might be enough) than just cultural hurt, as Beyblade is well known to be a Japanese franchise anyway. That said, my understanding of that cultural hurt is limited at best.
(Sep. 11, 2012  6:13 AM)Chaos Blader Wrote: I guess Hasbro isn't the only company that's crazy about being 'kid friendly'.

Hades Kerbecs. Hades Kerbecs = Hell Cerberus

Not quite, not quite. Unhappy
I hope they release Archer Gargole relatively soon ... I'm not spending $35 on a silly Gargole.

So..! What does everyone think of Warriors Ifraid? haha

Yeah I hope they continue with their trend of releasing RB prizes as starters. Wish they'd released Duo Uranus separately since if they did no one would bother buying Phantom anymore.
>mfw there's a guy on the Junior High football team that plays Beyblade
>mfw I"m not alone
>mfw I have no face
Random thought time! I've been soooper busy with college and as such haven't been able to do practically any Beyblading (much less random testing), but I've been goofing around with my new parts when I can and I've been noticing a few things.

The main thing right now is WSF. I like it well enough, and it has some interesting properties. It's about as wide as WF and thus moves about as fast, but because of the SF-esque slopes it will almost never catch the Tornado Ridge. That means no tornado stalling, which can be a good or bad thing. It's more forgiving of one launching poorly since instead of stalling and losing most of its spin, it will slip over the ridge and hit a wall, which results in an attack through the middle. It's bad in the cases you WANT to tornado stall, and in the fact that it will never be able to save itself via catching the ridge. It's also more prone to Self-KOs than WF.

I've been trying it on tall tracks since WF has been shown in the past to do well with stuff like TH170, but so far I think I still prefer WF for those purposes. I'm still testing, though.
I wonder what the Metal System never actually had a transition to the Hybrid Wheel System? What if we just had Wheels in the entire MFB line? KluelessKen
(Sep. 13, 2012  11:50 PM)Crab Commando Wrote: I wonder what the Metal System never actually had a transition to the Hybrid Wheel System? What if we just had Wheels in the entire MFB line? KluelessKen

The answer is simple : a lot more broken launcher prongs. It is believed that that is the reason Clear Wheels were done.

By the way, if Beyblade goes into another hiatus, I really blame TAKARA-TOMY : their sense of promotion is very lacking. Now would be an awesome time to post updates about Berserker Begirados, but still nothing ? The fact that they are so secretive only about Beyblade all the time is really damaging this hobby.
Not that I'm in the loop in terms of their promotion and what not, but just reading what you've been saying about their tactics in that regard, Kai-V, it is really beyond even someone with a little idea of promotion they haven't entirely capitalized on Zero-G...from a design standpoint, it far outdoes most of what was present in its predecessor. I mean, the chrom wheels are much more captivating than almost all of the metal wheels released previously in MFB and the whole aesthetic is just a lot more ambitious and really, for lack of a better term, "cool."

I wonder, is it possible they are holding out for something really "big" so to speak? Or perhaps they themselves are just not entirely in agreement about the future of Beyblade beyond Zero-G yet and so are approaching things with a bit of trepidation?
(Sep. 14, 2012  3:30 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Sep. 13, 2012  11:50 PM)Crab Commando Wrote: I wonder what the Metal System never actually had a transition to the Hybrid Wheel System? What if we just had Wheels in the entire MFB line? KluelessKen

The answer is simple : a lot more broken launcher prongs. It is believed that that is the reason Clear Wheels were done.
Oh, really? Interesting. I don't have any Metal System stuff, so I never knew about prong breakage. Is there any posts you could direct me to on that? Smile I honestly thought that Clear Wheels were just done for "more customization" and general aesthetics.
I dunno why, but I like Warriors Ifraid as a name much better than Samurai Ifraid...
(Sep. 14, 2012  10:22 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote: I dunno why, but I like Warriors Ifraid as a name much better than Samurai Ifraid...
Not sure which name I prefer, but I like the name Warriors Ifraid a lot, too.

*Slightly surprised that Shinobi wasn't changed too, I mean, it's a name for a type of a Japanese warrior (ninja) as well.*

Sonokong has Thief Phoenic, Guardian Revizer, and Archer Gryph out. Hopefully they'll make Pirates Killerken and Archer Gargole soon
(Sep. 15, 2012  4:16 PM)shinobu Wrote: Sonokong has Thief Phoenic, Guardian Revizer, and Archer Gryph out. Hopefully they'll make Pirates Killerken and Archer Gargole soon

We know but they'll probably make Killerken with the Synchrom Battle set just like they did with the Strongest Blader Set and they'll probably make Dragooon,Gargole,Goreim,Begirados in the next few months
Um they released the beyblades from BB-56 and 57 separately while releasing the sets so they could do.
(Sep. 15, 2012  10:05 PM)Ultra Wrote: Um they released the beyblades from BB-56 and 57 separately while releasing the sets so they could do.

But they never released Blitz Unicorno or Duo Uranus separately ... Something changed at SonoKong.
Prototype nemesis can gain spin in the Ultimate Bey Ta stadium due to the magnet in it's bottom.So seeing this has anyone tried using old gen beyblades with magnacore in the Ultimate Bey Ta stadium.