Beyblade Part Puns

(Sep. 19, 2021  11:36 PM)ColdFlames13 Wrote: Just ignore them. They should be old enough to know that if you don't like something, go do something else better with your life.

hmm ok great advice! 👍
(Sep. 19, 2021  11:36 PM)ColdFlames13 Wrote: Just ignore them. They should be old enough to know that if you don't like something, go do something else better with your life.

Someone's on a high horse, aren't they?

If you never speak up when you don't like something, nothing will ever change now will it? I've done so with rules, I'm doing so with this thread. Ignoring the problem will get nothing done, especially since puns are something I do enjoy.

(Sep. 19, 2021  11:39 PM)GenesisBlader Wrote:

hmm ok great advice! 👍

His advice is faulty bait. See the above.
(Sep. 20, 2021  12:06 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:

Someone's on a high horse, aren't they?

If you never speak up when you don't like something, nothing will ever change now will it? I've done so with rules, I'm doing so with this thread. Ignoring the problem will get nothing done, especially since puns are something I do enjoy.

(Sep. 19, 2021  11:39 PM)GenesisBlader Wrote: hmm ok great advice! 👍

I guess irl you get everything you want. It doesn't work like that everywhere.
(Sep. 20, 2021  12:10 AM)ColdFlames13 Wrote:
(Sep. 20, 2021  12:06 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: Someone's on a high horse, aren't they?

That was uncalled for. They simply wants something to change. You may not understand what they want to change, but the point is a good one if you think about it. They are allowed to try to change something. If you don't change something, it will never change. Let them express themselves, and then leave it.
(Sep. 20, 2021  12:10 AM)ColdFlames13 Wrote:
(Sep. 20, 2021  12:06 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: Someone's on a high horse, aren't they?

Pretentious and presumptive. Also doesn't counter anything I've said. If I want a change to something better, how else do you think I'm going to accomplish it? Give me an alternative, or else back off and realize that you're only dragging it on further than it needs to go and creating a bigger mess.
Valt:Hey Ken wanna battle? Ken modori:sure let's GLOW

Get it cause kerbeyus has a glowing tip

Speaking of which I have two kerbeyis one shinning and one original
Guys liked USN said if someone wants something to change they have the right to try and change it. I too am Guilty (See what I did there, eh? eh?) for doing this to but I've been reading this and if Magik Horse wants this thread to change she/he has the right to do so. MagikHourse said she enjoys Puns but the way she/he's seeing it is that it's becoming too obvious with the caps and should make it harder to point out. Instead of arguing why don't we try solving this like civilized teenagers and discuss how to make everyone happy without making one side unhappy. And let's try toning it down a bit. I can see MagikHorse is trying to be polite and the way you guys are responding is kinda rude not even going to lie. Maybe try working it out together instead of insulting each other.

(Sep. 20, 2021  12:24 AM)Super A Wrote: Valt:Hey Ken wanna battle? Ken modori:sure let's GLOW

Get it cause kerbeyus has a glowing tip

Speaking of which I have two kerbeyis one shinning and one original

Nice to see you back Super A and yes, I admit that pun has me cackling for some reason? Yeah, I'm werid
Yeah you're right. So from now on when we do make puns we can't capitalize the pun?

Or do we only make puns based on beyblade combos like Drain Fafnir is hungry because it 8 nothing
(Sep. 20, 2021  12:30 AM)Dread hades12 Wrote: Yeah you're right. So from now on when we do make puns we can't capitalize the pun?

Try doing what Super A did. Not just part puns but references in general but if you want to still do Part Puns then sure
(Sep. 20, 2021  12:30 AM)Dread hades12 Wrote: Yeah, you're right. So from now on when we do make puns we can't capitalize the pun?

Nope. We have to make "Better ones" Only follow MagikHorse's standards
What did Dynamite Belial say to The Competetive Rage Helios Combo?

"That battle was Xtreme"
Free: Alright who TAPERED with my Vanish fafnir?!
Bell: *Snickers and runs off
Ranzo: (to Free) I think he'll NEVER stop

Would that be considered an acceptable pun?
(Sep. 20, 2021  12:36 AM)Dread hades12 Wrote: Free: Alright who TAPERED with my Vanish fafnir?!
Bell: *Snickers and runs off
Ranzo: (to Free) I think he'll NEVER stop

Would that be considered an acceptable pun?

Apparently, we can't use caps.
It's not the capitalization that's been getting to me (mostly, it's a little cringey), it's that most of the things here aren't actually puns. They're just long, rambling sentences with part names scattered everywhere. That's... not punning. Punning is wordplay, twisting the meaning or spelling because two words or definitions are similar.

"Phi ripped to hard, now his Phoenix is Dead" is not a pun by any definition of the word "pun". It's a sentence that's trying too hard to throw in part names, nothing more. There's a lot of these non-pun sentences in here, and that's my beef. ColdFlames and a few others seem to be ignoring me here about this.

"Phi cracked his Dead Phoenix. Let it R.I.P." is a pun based off of "Let it Rip" and "R.I.P." being similar (and reinforced because it's Dead to begin with). Same with "Hyuga totally roasted that guy back there. He got Hyperion Burned", because roasting someone verbally is often called a burn.

In short if there's no twist, it's not a pun. Capitalization/bold to highlight is fine, if rather cringey. If anything, I'm starting to see the real puns actually coming back now, and I'm happy with that.
Did my Ken midori joke make you angry because if so I'll BREAKER my xcaibur
Everyone thought Hikaru was so good. They made him King Helios.
Ha ha ha that is funny
Dude you should of seen Longinus when playing Among us. It plead not Guilty but in the end karma struck and Longinus's winning streak was Destroyed.

This year I heard Hyuga is going as Superman for Halloween. I also heard Ken is trying out for Defensive end for football.

Warning: You should never make Hikaru mad. Push him too far and he'll blow up like a volcano
Hey there unseen burst
(Sep. 20, 2021  12:39 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: It's not the capitalization that's been getting to me (mostly, it's a little cringey), it's that most of the things here aren't actually puns. They're just long, rambling sentences with part names scattered everywhere. That's... not punning. Punning is wordplay, twisting the meaning or spelling because two words or definitions are similar.

"Phi ripped to hard, now his Phoenix is Dead" is not a pun by any definition of the word "pun". It's a sentence that's trying too hard to throw in part names, nothing more. There's a lot of these non-pun sentences in here, and that's my beef. ColdFlames and a few others seem to be ignoring me here about this.

"Phi cracked his Dead Phoenix. Let it R.I.P." is a pun based off of "Let it Rip" and "R.I.P." being similar (and reinforced because it's Dead to begin with). Same with "Hyuga totally roasted that guy back there. He got Hyperion Burned", because roasting someone verbally is often called a burn.

In short if there's no twist, it's not a pun. Capitalization/bold to highlight is fine, if rather cringey. If anything, I'm starting to see the real puns actually coming back now, and I'm happy with that.
ok im sorry for what i said. i can see that it's annoying and i'll try to make less annoying puns in the future! 👍
Aw man, My "Belial" hurts. I think I have a stomachache, this is "Dangerous". I don't feel "Allmight" at all.
(Belial = belly) (Allmight = alright for people who don't get it)

Did you hear? Some people say Phi and Valt have a relationship, I don't know if it's CANON though. (dread canon)

If Aiga was an Italian Astrologist: "did ze rocket do well? How was Z Launch?"

What did Shu say to Valt when he was about to win? "This was Astral in the park!" (a stroll)

(Last One) Do you know why Spriggan was the best God Layer? Because it's named Spriggan Requiem (wreck 'em)

Spriggan is the best politician, because he believes the WORLD needs 2B UNITEd.
I wish Jet Wyvern was better. I mean, It was Just there. Now that DB is here and only Rage os on the meta (from sparking), I don't think we'll ever see it Around. Correct me if you ever saw Jet Wyvern in a tournament (either Jet/Wyvern/Just)
Gotta say, I'm impressed by the power of (Blank) 's puns. For me, there's just a tornado of thoughts and I can't seem to jettison out of. It's to wild 4 me to escape, so I end up with cringey Wyvern puns.
(Sep. 20, 2021  1:43 PM)USN Wrote: Gotta say, I'm impressed by the power of (Blank) 's puns. For me, there's just a tornado of thoughts and I can't seem to jettison out of. It's to wild 4 me to escape, so I end up with cringey Wyvern puns.

I had that problem once with with Hyperion! It was Super bad. Then I Xceeded to Achilles. That almost lasted an Infinite amount of time! I bet the World is against me at this point. Oh no.
Huh, I remember this thread. I had a bit of fun here.

What’s drain fafnir’s favorite price?

Nothing, it likes everything Free

I’ll see myself out