Beyblade Metal Fusion English Dub Cast List (up to ep36)

Nostalgia or attachment to a character can highly cloud one's judgement when faced with criticism of said character from another party. That said, the majority of the voice work Bakuten's dub was rather dull and lifeless...
(Aug. 15, 2010  12:43 AM)The LVJ Wrote: That said, the majority of the voice work Bakuten's dub was rather dull and lifeless...

That's the best way of putting it. Dull and lifeless.

But that's not saying much for Nelvana. The original Beyblade's dub was actually decent for them.

On another note, do you guys think Hokuto will have the same voice as mister Dickenson? XD
He'll sound really weird but I like it :]
(Aug. 15, 2010  12:43 AM)The LVJ Wrote: Nostalgia or attachment to a character can highly cloud one's judgement when faced with criticism of said character from another party. That said, the majority of the voice work Bakuten's dub was rather dull and lifeless...

My judgment isn't clouded, I don't think that Bakuten's dub was 100 per cent perfect but anime dubbing is hard and the Bladebreaker VAs had not done anime before Beyblade (also 2 of them were barely teens when they first started Beyblade). Considering these factors I thought they did good. Plus if I remember correctly Bakuten was a success, got the kids into Beyblade anyway...

Kai-V said she thinks she can do better so I wanna see her back it up, don't just say you think you can do better then not back it up. I want her to show me how she would better Kai's performance. EDIT: She did

If that is how you feel about the dub then how did ya get into Beyblade in the first place?

Sometimes I feel as if peeps think that MFB is faultless and that Bakuten is rubbish, when they have both good and bad points.
The toys brought me into the franchise. The series will always be second.

Many of the voices in the MFB dub have been decent in my opinion.

Of course I would be lying if I didn't remind everyone of "Jenga's" poor emotive abilities and "Rye-oo-guh's" speech impediment...

There's no point in making excuses for poor voice talent. :\
blader DG is in this series O.o?????? and knew it gingka and lynce's (from bakugan) voice actor are the same
(Aug. 15, 2010  11:38 PM)The LVJ Wrote: The toys brought me into the franchise. The series will always be second.

Many of the voices in the MFB dub have been decent and in my opinion.

Of course I would be lying if I didn't remind everyone of "Jenga's" poor emotive abilities and "Rye-oo-guh's" speech impediment...

There's no point in making excuses for poor voice talent. :\

That's a fair enough point Cute some prefer the toys and game, others prefer the anime and others like both.

I am not saying the MFB voices are bad (I think they are decent) but it's a bit naffy most of them were from Bakugan. Nelvana didn't seem willing to "fish out" more you know instead of literally grabbing one cast from one of their other shows for MFB.

I wasn't making excuses I consider all the factors. The main Bakuten VAs were young and never worked on anime beforehand, I admit the first season they had iffy lines but they did get better although with an iffy line here or there. Also it is the director that decides which lines are used and how to direct the actors.

I can't say the same for "Jenga"'s or "Rye-oo-guh"'s VAs though...both have done anime before (example "Jenga"'s VA was Brooklyn in G-Rev and a few other voices in Bakuten) and are old enough. Confused
by watching the first 13 episodes JINKA and RYUGA suck
Both names are word plays. Although 'Ginga' sounds like the actual game 'Jenga'
So..... I know we've been talking about Kai on here a lot but.... did anyone else notice that ginka's VA is the same guy who performed as Brooklyn? :\.... oh wait nevermind! just read the post that's above me - _ -" geez i'm slow....
Ryuga's voice is weird
(Sep. 06, 2010  6:54 AM)Chris22 Wrote: Ryuga's voice is weird

That's because a woman with very, very little experience is voicing him (Seriously, she doesn't even have a Wikipedia page)

I know I won't let go of the fact, but it's just so stupid to use a squealing high-pitched voice for a character that had a dark and very deep voice in the original Japanese.
Hey.... so there have been a couple people who argued a little bit over just how good the original's actors were... I don't want to spark another arguement, but I just wanted to throw this out for consideration: The original actors (bladebreakers) were really young, and fairly inexperienced, plus sometimes it's the directors fault as well. ....... Just throwing it out there!
Just watched episode 24, Tsubasas voice is quite good I think....
I actually like Tsubasa's voice, I can tell its David Reale which makes it more familiar.Smile
(Sep. 11, 2010  8:40 PM)G-Hagane Wrote: I actually like Tsubasa's voice, I can tell its David Reale which makes it more familiar.Smile

But he sounds like a girl in the japanese version!
I love how Gingka's VA, also plays Merci. LOL
(Sep. 11, 2010  9:13 PM)Heavyblader666 Wrote: But he sounds like a girl in the japanese version!
What are you talking about ? Tsubasa does not have a feminine voice in Japanese.
You know, I really, really hate Doji's voice actor, but what's really sad is that he's probably one of te most experienced actor of the whole bunch!

He won a Gemini award for his performance as Count Dracula in a musical! That's not unimpressive, it's pretty good! I think what I don't like about him is that he's so obviously evil. Daidoji was also obviously evil, but at least his voice was deep and booming, worthy of a decent antagonist...
(Sep. 12, 2010  1:32 AM)Dude Wrote: You know, I really, really hate Doji's voice actor, but what's really sad is that he's probably one of te most experienced actor of the whole bunch!

He won a Gemini award for his performance as Count Dracula in a musical! That's not unimpressive, it's pretty good! I think what I don't like about him is that he's so obviously evil. Daidoji was also obviously evil, but at least his voice was deep and booming, worthy of a decent antagonist...

Doji in the dub he talks like some kind of weirdo Tongue_out
Tsubasa's voice hate it too western to me for some reason also they could have done better with ryuuga also dj blader shouldnt have that voice something a little calmer might do
(Sep. 12, 2010  12:15 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Sep. 11, 2010  9:13 PM)Heavyblader666 Wrote: But he sounds like a girl in the japanese version!
What are you talking about ? Tsubasa does not have a feminine voice in Japanese.

But the guy sounds like it seriously!
I wonder what Ryuutarou sounds like in the dub. Probably feminine.
i saw ep 24 yesterday on youtube and i noticed that Tsubasa sounds like Ren from bakugan
He soudns like Kai.