Beyblade Live Action Movie

Looks like Paramount will be giving Beyblade the live action treatment.

http://deadline.com/2015/05/beyblade-mov...201433742/
Man they just have to give everything l like a bad image, i guess it cant be a failure though if its only as bad as the metal fight cartoon. But that one comment on that article talking about toilet paper is on point
WHAT?! I wonder Metal Saga or Team Saga?

Anyway I really hope this isn't a Dragonball Evolution or Last Airbender Movie contender.
Interesting.... !!! Would like to see more of it.
Talking about takara tomy's invention, transformers had its own live action movie, now its time for beyblade
I bet this is going to be a huge bomb. I REALLY hope that Michael Bay is not the director because he screwed up with Transformers. I also hope it's not Night Shyamalan directing this because... you know, The Last Airbender changed from one of the greatest cartoons into one of the worst movies ever. Since Beyblade is only decent at best, imagine the universally negative reviews this will likely get.

I am not going to bet this will be a success.
It's probably all oh so "dark" and "edgy" and saying minor cuss words, cuz that's cool?!
I just pray that they don't advertise products too much like The Wizard (although I did enjoy that movie)and hopefully no product placements like Mac and Me.
I think a lot of this will be to build up hype around the toyline as it didnt really take off as much as hasbro liked (In the UK at least) It may be used as a selling point/promotion for Burst? I see it as round 2 hopefully it doesnt flop too badly.

EDIT: It should be hasbro's attempt to print money with spinning tops.
The only good that can come of this is the merchandising Smile Hopefully we'll see more Beys on the shelf because of this.
(May. 28, 2015  1:26 PM)Naijalak Wrote: The only good that can come of this is the merchandising Smile Hopefully we'll see more Beys on the shelf because of this.

I was thinking the same, imagine if it were Team Saga?

It's probably the Metal Saga or maybe their own little cast of new characters.
Haha, oh wow. This is going to be killer.
This is probably the best news ever, seriously hahah. Like Naijalak mentioned, I think it will at least make Beyblade even more known than it was, and probably more for the long-run than just the month in which the movie will be released.

It also confirms that Hasbro will release Beyblade Burst worldwide in 2017.
if this is directed by micheal bay, there'll be explosions everywhere, the moment blades clash explosion, i really hope this is not directed by michael bay.
(May. 28, 2015  2:06 PM)Kai-V Wrote: This is probably the best news ever, seriously hahah. Like Naijalak mentioned, I think it will at least make Beyblade even more known than it was, and probably more for the long-run than just the month in which the movie will be released.

Yes, it may make Beyblade more well known but would if it makes Beyblade more NEGATIVELY well known? This means people won't buy the products if Beyblade is recieved negatively.
(May. 28, 2015  2:09 PM)username786 Wrote: if this is directed by micheal bay, there'll be explosions everywhere, the moment blades clash explosion, i really hope this is not directed by michael bay.

And oh so adult edgy moments, minor swear words and other parental bonuses, I know it has to appeal to all but this isn't such a good idea.
I doubt it means much since the information available at the moment is very limited, but in Japan all news media are using Bakuten Shoot Beyblade images rather than Metal Fight Beyblade or Beyblade Burst pictures, and they are talking about 1999 Takara ...
Wat. I can't wait to see real life persons yelling at their beyblades.
(May. 28, 2015  2:06 PM)Kai-V Wrote: It also confirms that Hasbro will release Beyblade Burst worldwide in 2017.

Talk about late to the game! Also, it just mentions a "new" release in 2017. I'm hoping it's Burst, and not something to mirror the movie (although if the movie is older stuff, a re-release of plastics would be cool)
Wow, this is too cool.

Can't wait.
They won't re-release any kind of older generations in North America, since plastics beys were "dangerous".
I'm surprised Yugioh didn't have a live action movie, but if Thomas The Tank Engine did then...
can you imagine if beyblade gets the game of throne treatment, a character dies every battle.
who would you want as the director of the movie, it doesn't have to be realistic,
mine would be
peter jackson
Guillermo del Toro
(May. 28, 2015  2:06 PM)Kai-V Wrote: This is probably the best news ever, seriously hahah. Like Naijalak mentioned, I think it will at least make Beyblade even more known than it was, and probably more for the long-run than just the month in which the movie will be released.

My problem with that is the fact that everybody is gonna see the movie and unless they played with them theyre gonna think "wow these things are dumb, no wonder they gotta have some crazy story". i know people who only watched dragonball evolution or fist of the north star live action and they think thats exactly how the source material is (even though dragon ball and hokuto no ken are sorta cheesy). Also another one of my worries is the casting, are we gonna have an all american cast or will they actually cast properly?
Sure, there will always be people who will continue to believe that it is dumb, but there will be people who, like me, found the Avatar : The Last Airbender movie not that bad, for example. Obviously we cannot win over everybody hah.
Well there was a movie about a house floating by many balloons, that was one of the bet animated movies ever so this COULD work...