Beyblade GT Burst maintenance

Hello and hope this finds you all well and healthy.
New, but thanks to this forum we (myself, BurstCity_kidnd K.O.kid) all are getting our education up to speed on the WBO/non-WBO meta game. 
Wanted to start this (apologize if this thread already exists; if not thought it would be educational) on what everyone who is competing is doing to maintain optimal performance of their drivers and layers. 
For example cleaning techniques of bearing/atomic drivers etc with isopropyl vs citrus products vs brake cleaner. Lubricants WD40 vs Silicone vs PTFE based. 

Hope to have some productive discussion. 
Cheers!
(Mar. 20, 2020  6:34 PM)Top_Doc Wrote: Hello and hope this finds you all well and healthy.
New, but thanks to this forum we (myself, BurstCity_kidnd @"K.O_kid") all are getting our education up to speed on the WBO/non-WBO meta game. 
Wanted to start this (apologize if this thread already exists; if not thought it would be educational) on what everyone who is competing is doing to maintain optimal performance of their drivers and layers. 
For example cleaning techniques of bearing/atomic drivers etc with isopropyl vs citrus products vs brake cleaner. Lubricants WD40 vs Silicone vs PTFE based. 

Hope to have some productive discussion. 
Cheers!

I don’t think people really maintain optimal performance of Beyblade Burst parts. I mean for parts that wear down you limit their use and for certain drivers you’d clean the gunk off the very bottom with a napkin or something like that, but no actual maintaining if parts like you’re saying.
I see, good point.
yeah it’s interesting specifically for the bearing driver that I noticed a significant difference in spin time rates.
Recall seeing a video from Macktheburst in his protocols for maintaining those two specific drivers (bearing, atomic and atomic-metal) since he mentions collection of dirt within the driver.
For conversation, in theory for maximal spin time (stamina) one would want to ensure reduction of friction not just between the stadium floor but also within the drivers. Much like bearings in a skate, once in awhile they would be need to cleaned as dirt accumulation would increase the internal friction.
Have four different bearings from the new Union diabolos red one to a semi new gold, to two used gold and grey versions.
Thought about and possibly will make a video (or at least post results) on before and after spin rates on cleaning when compared to brand new when using different cleaning protocols.
Figure if one competes any advantage on increasing or conserving angular momentum would be beneficial for those close call out-spin scenarios.
(Mar. 20, 2020  7:44 PM)Top_Doc Wrote: I see, good point.
yeah it’s interesting specifically for the bearing driver that I noticed a significant difference in spin time rates.
Recall seeing a video from Macktheburst in his protocols for maintaining those two specific drivers (bearing, atomic and atomic-metal) since he mentions collection of dirt within the driver.
For conversation, in theory for maximal spin time (stamina) one would want to ensure reduction of friction not just between the stadium floor but also within the drivers. Much like  bearings in a skate, once in awhile they would be need to cleaned as dirt accumulation would increase the internal friction.
Have four different bearings from the new Union diabolos red one to a semi new gold, to two used gold and grey versions.
Thought about and possibly will make a video (or at least post results) on before and after spin rates on cleaning when compared to brand new when using different cleaning protocols.
Figure if one competes any advantage on increasing or conserving angular momentum would be beneficial for  those close call out-spin scenarios.

I'm a fairly new player as well interested in the competitive side, but having literally nowhere to do that in my area.  That said, I kind of wondered what kind of maintenance would be WBO legal.  Like, my Atomic has a rough patch on the plastic ball from manufacture.  When I turn it in my finger, I can feel it's not totally smooth.  I wondered if it would be worth taking some super fine grit sandpaper and smoothing the roughness off so it was the intended shape.

I'd be cautious with any kind of lubricants as if they leak out onto the tip of the driver that would probably be considered an unfair advantage, like vaseline on a football jersey, heh.
I noticed that as well, some of our newer atomics have the “mold crease” in the ball. Seems like it wears down with normal use though.
As far as the maintenance can anyone comment if cleaning and applying a normal bearing lubricant to maintain normal intended use, would be against WBO regulations?
For conversation, in theory for maximal spin time (stamina) one would want to ensure reduction of friction not just between the stadium floor but also within the drivers. Much like  bearings in a skate, once in awhile they would be need to cleaned as dirt accumulation would increase the internal friction.
Figure if one competes any advantage on increasing or conserving angular momentum would be beneficial for  those close call out-spin scenarios.
With the Bearing driver and Atomic, I first thoroughly wash them which increases the spin duration in Bearing by alot and the ball in Atomic is more free spinning afterwards as well. Then I use a compressed air duster and extend it out into the Bearing to clean out anything stuck. Later on I put small amounts of White Lithium grease and thats it. It usually works with Traxxas 50K weight lube and silicon based but it's usually not as best. I recommend only Lithium Grease or Weight lube.
(Mar. 21, 2020  2:05 AM)YishYash Wrote:
With the Bearing driver and Atomic, I first thoroughly wash them which increases the spin duration in Bearing by alot and the ball in Atomic is more free spinning afterwards as well. Then I use a compressed air duster and extend it out into the Bearing to clean out anything stuck. Later on I put small amounts of White Lithium grease and thats it. It usually works with Traxxas 50K weight lube and silicon based but it's usually not as best. I recommend only Lithium Grease or Weight lube.

Does using grease or weight lube make the driver illegal? I feel like that would make it no longer usable in tournaments as you have now added a foreign substance that changed the performance.
Great info Yishyash!
I had also heard to use a citrus based degreaser/cleanser as it won’t cause the metal bearing to rust. Followed by Bones Speed cream.
Has anyone tried this?
Product should arrive Sunday.
Already have done spin times for 3 different bearings and five different atomics pre-treatment.
Will post some pics here shortly.

SuperDav03,
That is a great question.
Does anyone have a specific WBO verbiage with regards to this?
Thanks to all who comment.
After quickly refreshing on the WBO rules, I’d say it falls under the “foreign substance & modification” rule. So if you’re planning on using the parts in a official tournament, I’d avoid doing that.
(Mar. 21, 2020  5:02 AM)SupaDav03 Wrote:
(Mar. 21, 2020  2:05 AM)YishYash Wrote: With the Bearing driver and Atomic, I first thoroughly wash them which increases the spin duration in Bearing by alot and the ball in Atomic is more free spinning afterwards as well. Then I use a compressed air duster and extend it out into the Bearing to clean out anything stuck. Later on I put small amounts of White Lithium grease and thats it. It usually works with Traxxas 50K weight lube and silicon based but it's usually not as best. I recommend only Lithium Grease or Weight lube.

Does using grease or weight lube make the driver illegal? I feel like that would make it no longer usable in tournaments as you have now added a foreign substance that changed the performance.
Im actually not sure about that. Ill try asking some people and see their opinion.

(Mar. 21, 2020  5:24 AM)Top_Doc Wrote: Great info Yishyash!
I had also heard to use a citrus based degreaser/cleanser as it won’t cause the metal bearing to rust. Followed by Bones Speed cream.
Has anyone tried this?
Product should arrive Sunday.
Already have done spin times for 3 different bearings and five different atomics pre-treatment.
Will post some pics here shortly.

SuperDav03,
That is a great question.
Does anyone have a specific WBO verbiage with regards to this?
Thanks to all who comment.

White Lithium grease protects the bearing from rust as well. I've never used a citrus based degreaser so im not sure how it will affect performance.
(Mar. 21, 2020  3:56 PM)YishYash Wrote: Im actually not sure about that. Ill try asking some people and see their opinion.

As SupaDav03 above said, it's a foreign substance you're adding. This is not tournament legal by any means.
(Mar. 24, 2020  2:19 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Mar. 21, 2020  3:56 PM)YishYash Wrote: Im actually not sure about that. Ill try asking some people and see their opinion.

As SupaDav03 above said, it's a foreign substance you're adding. This is not tournament legal by any means.

Yeah, I know.
Ok so adding in the lubricant would be a “foreign substance” making it not legal for WBO.
That being said, just cleaning the dirt out should be fine then. Would that be correct then?
(Mar. 25, 2020  2:14 AM)Top_Doc Wrote: Ok so adding in the lubricant would be a “foreign substance” making it not legal for WBO.
That being said, just cleaning the dirt out should be fine then. Would that be correct then?

I see nothing against that, so long as your cleaning method leaves no residue.
Makes sense Thanks MagikHorse.
Just cleaned our grey bearing; didn’t realize how much grime can get in those things.
Guess maybe that’s what you get when acquiring a used bearing from eBay.
Spins way better though 😁